PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian Cup Final Emotional Breakdown or Is it because I is Hibs?

One Day Soon
14-05-2012, 07:41 PM
So for the last three days in a row I have had emotional outbursts about the cup final. I managed to more or less block the Cup Final out until the Inverness game but straight afterwards the coming weekend just kept hitting me like a train.

I think about the game and imagine losing to Hearts. Nothing. Not bothered. Business as usual.

I think about the game and imagine us finally doing it - it doesn't matter against who - and the waterworks just start.

I think about all the people who have been and gone. All the days faithfully following - the cold dark winter evenings and the glorious sunny days in Leith. I remember days after the game in Tamsons or the Iona with friends, expeditions to far flung places by coach and train, that ba5tard referee Ferguson who lost us a home game against Aberdeen 5-1 when we should have won 3-2. I think of the day I saw the Sinclair C5 being driven round the edge of the pitch at half time and the driver beautifully mince-pied from the stand as he was making it back to the tunnel. The sunshine madness of the day we sent Souness back home to think again. The electric atmosphere as Paco Luna nearly put us through against Athens. My friend's dad, now gone, who took us to my first game when George Best made his home debut against Partick Thistle. My five year old boy who proudly told everyone who asked him on sunday at church - "I support Hibs, like my dad". My uncle, now gone, who followed the Hibees. The day I watched Dundee United relegate us and knew that I'd rather watch Hibs being relegated every season for 100 years than support any other team winning everything. My experiences living in a city where the 'establishment' club were favoured at every turn by the authorities. The Mercer assassination attempt. The spine tingling rendition of Sunshine on Leith after we won the league cup. The privilege of watching Sauzee wear the green. The quiet, dignified authority of Pat Stanton.

Then I think of us winning on Saturday and that cup being held up in green and white ribbons and I just cry and cry.

Is it because I is Hibs?

TamHibs
14-05-2012, 07:42 PM
That almost made me cry

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1i0s1d

tartanhibee
14-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm welling up lad you've got me too now

CallumLaidlaw
14-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I can't listen to sunshine on leith or I start getting quite emotional

TamHibs
14-05-2012, 07:50 PM
I can't listen to sunshine on leith or I start getting quite emotional

On that note, mind bring your CD with you on Saturday lol.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?evjh3n

fat freddy
14-05-2012, 07:54 PM
I am getting sick to ****ing death of this poxy game, will be oh so glad when it is over

Hibees07
14-05-2012, 07:56 PM
My wife said to me the other day that I never show any emotion, I replied wait until 5pm on Saturday!

This is our time, believe me. :hibees

Just_Jimmy
14-05-2012, 08:03 PM
That's brilliant. Get into the club shop and get that onto the video they are making for the players!

Soldiersteve
14-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Your post is outstanding!
The hackles are up.............

Fix bayonets...............

Attackkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GGTTH

Sean1875
14-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Beautifully put that man :agree:

magnificent_seven
15-05-2012, 12:24 AM
Excellent post.

Sums up how great it is to be a Hibee, even through all the ups and downs.

Also sums up how unbelievable Saturday could be, to witness something that no living Hibs fan has ever seen! :not worth

Hibernian Verse
15-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Someone email that to Hibs and get it read out to the players.

HibsMax
15-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Is there a game on Saturday? I thought ICT was the last one?

Hibs90
15-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Is there a game on Saturday? I thought ICT was the last one?

Champions League Final I believe :agree:

1875godsgift
15-05-2012, 01:05 AM
My wee laddie's 9 now, he supports Man U, or Chelsea, or Real Madrid or whatever numb nuts team is winning.

But he said to me the other day " Dad, when I grow up, I want to play for Hibs, cos money really doesn't matter does it? And great grandad would be proud. "
Just about sums it up for me. And grandad would be proud.

TrickyNicky
15-05-2012, 01:29 AM
My wee laddie's 9 now, he supports Man U, or Chelsea, or Real Madrid or whatever numb nuts team is winning.

But he said to me the other day " Dad, when I grow up, I want to play for Hibs, cos money really doesn't matter does it? And great grandad would be proud. "
Just about sums it up for me. And grandad would be proud.

My wee laddie said the same and we live in Australia!

He doesn't know the cost of flying to training everyday as he wants to still live at home.

I will, after much thought, be watching the game at home, starting at midnight.

I was going to meet up with mates - other Hibby's of course, I have other mates ( non hibby's ) here who want to go out, or want to come over to the house and I just can't have them here.

I really, really, just need to be in the hoose with my 7 year old laddie and 9 year old daughter - in case we win, the two of them sitting with their Hibs tops on, having never even seen them play in the flesh.

They have written about it at school, they have decorated their room and I'm not sure if this is to please me or because they just love The Hibs but they are genuinely excited and emotional and we are on the other side of the planet.

Being a Hibby is the one thing that reminds me of home and if I'm honest, it makes me feel special and part of a wonderful family, we all know that i suppose!

Having never known anyone in my family who's known anyone who's seen us win this damn thing makes it such a special opportunity to witness the unthinkable and when I have a wee moment to ponder " What If " - I well up like a big jessie!

I love The Hibs and so do my kids that have never even seen them - now that's a great club !!

1875godsgift
15-05-2012, 02:04 AM
My wee laddie said the same and we live in Australia!

He doesn't know the cost of flying to training everyday as he wants to still live at home.

I will, after much thought, be watching the game at home, starting at midnight.

I was going to meet up with mates - other Hibby's of course, I have other mates ( non hibby's ) here who want to go out, or want to come over to the house and I just can't have them here.

I really, really, just need to be in the hoose with my 7 year old laddie and 9 year old daughter - in case we win, the two of them sitting with their Hibs tops on, having never even seen them play in the flesh.

They have written about it at school, they have decorated their room and I'm not sure if this is to please me or because they just love The Hibs but they are genuinely excited and emotional and we are on the other side of the planet.

Being a Hibby is the one thing that reminds me of home and if I'm honest, it makes me feel special and part of a wonderful family, we all know that i suppose!

Having never known anyone in my family who's known anyone who's seen us win this damn thing makes it such a special opportunity to witness the unthinkable and when I have a wee moment to ponder " What If " - I well up like a big jessie!

I love The Hibs and so do my kids that have never even seen them - now that's a team !!

To be honest, seeing my wee boy with his first Hibs top on when he was 4, then taking him to his first Hibs game when he was 5, means more to me than winning the cup ( he lied ).
I've no got a ticket, I'm in Wales now and couldn't really afford it, but one of my bestest mates from primary school is coming over from Oxfordshire to hide behind the sofa, man up we're gonna win this motherf****r!
The important thing is being proud of where you came from and what it means, winning or losing is immaterial at the end of the day, you're either Hibs class or not!
Enjoy the day and I hope your kids are forever Hibs

garys
15-05-2012, 03:27 AM
4 am and just 3 hours sleep, 1st thing I do is look at this, now I'm wide awake! happening every day now! can't help the massive wave of emotion that hits when reading these replies!

KSA Hibee
15-05-2012, 05:35 AM
Glad to see from Gary's post that I'm not the only one who reads this first thing (usually on the loo as I wait for the shower to warm up) .... but Jesus this post was just to much for me today.

I was only half way through the OP and was greetin like a bairn .... had to turn off the shower to compose myself.

How do you explain to someone "who doesn't get what all the fuss is about" that balling yer eyes out at 7 o'clock in the morning cause of "HIBS" is the best way to start your day.

Does the Hibs shop sell green tissues ?? it could be a huge money spinner ... Rod !!! get it sorted :greengrin

One Day Soon
15-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Cheers guys, I'm glad its not just me. I find this quite good therapy.

reservoir hibee
15-05-2012, 02:20 PM
this thread brought the first tears of many this week!!!

i wanna be back there so much and made the mistake of watchign the cis sunshine on leith tonight!!!

its getting harder everyday!!!

lets just do it so we can all enjoy it no matter where we are and who we are with!!

i know i will be thinking of my grandad a hearts fan who was my hero but most importantly a football fan!!!!!!!!!!!! he would have been so alive with this game going on... and we would have had so much banter

i will also be thinking of every single hibee i know from here and from edinburgh fife and further afield i miss you all

you are family to me

and i really mean that!!! your always there!!

One Day Soon
15-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Just for the record, I had to go to Hampden for a business meeting today. Mental, absolutely mental. Difficult to imagine worse timing.

Could not concentrate, barely able to think sensibly.

I think I may watch the whole game on saturday with my scarf wrapped around my face - like listening to it on the radio, except being in the stadium.

Still, no actual leaking today.

Green_one
16-05-2012, 07:37 AM
"I support Hibs, like my dad". .

Thanks! You have made me cry at work!!!!:dummytit:

I will be like a bairn if we win on Saturday. They will have to carry me out the ground weeping.

If not, then I will have to use my usual Hibs super powers of resolve and defiance.

As they were saying last Sunday, football is a harsh game.

I hope the players realise how much some of us need this. Football, Bl**dy Hell.

hibsbollah
16-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Nice post :aok:

My wee girl said the same 'i support Hibs like my dad'.

Its hard to put into words how much it means. These days football is so ridiculously hyped by the media that when a GENUINELY life-changing sporting moment comes along, its a shock to the system.

The Biggest Game. Ever. How will we all cope? :boo hoo:

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm struggling to cope now after that :top marks

All I know is that come Sunday regrdless of the result on Saturday I am, will be and always have been proud to be a hibee.......

The result doesnt matter now because quite simply we're better than them, more dignified, more loyal, just simply more together.....

We are Hibernian FC, we are united together today and will be on Saturday andagain on Sunday no matter what happens in Glasgow on Saturday...

Can Hearts say the same? Honestly? For them in many ways they've already lost.

GGTTH

TrickyNicky
16-05-2012, 09:34 AM
1200 views, 24 confessions.

We need closure people, closure in numbers, let's own these emotions right now !!

pentlando
16-05-2012, 09:40 AM
I would rather lose as a Hibby than win as anyone else. Whoever said in football 'winning is everything' was wrong, it's not, Hibs are everything...the winning is simply a major bouns!:flag:

norhfc
16-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Brilliant to see my boys in their Hibs gear while most of their mates have the usual Liverpool,Man U etc gear on.
My grandad was Hibs,my Dad was Hibs its only right that they are Hibs.
I,m one of the lucky ones to make it over,would have loved to have my two boys with me tho....:flag:

One Day Soon
16-05-2012, 05:07 PM
1200 views, 24 confessions.

We need closure people, closure in numbers, let's own these emotions right now !!

I wish it were possible to meet and march on Hampden in complete silence all twenty odd thousand of us together to emphasise our determination and our bond. Or link arms around shoulders every Hibs fan in the ground and sing Sunshine on Leith before the game begins to show our unity, our spirit, our family and our defiance.

chinaman
16-05-2012, 06:04 PM
I wish it were possible to meet and march on Hampden in complete silence all twenty odd thousand of us together to emphasise our determination and our bond. Or link arms around shoulders every Hibs fan in the ground and sing Sunshine on Leith before the game begins to show our unity, our spirit, our family and our defiance. brilliant ! when we win it on saturday the outpouring of emotion from the hibbys will guarantee thousands of new fans via you tube