PDA

View Full Version : Eating around Hampden?

pedroorange1875
14-05-2012, 07:01 PM
Going early so will look to get some lunch before the game. Any good resturaunts near the ground??, but not the Indian on the main road behind the ground (went there for CIS final against Livi, bad omen i think)

Mark79
14-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Theres a greggs next to the bookies. Also a chippy next door to that although I havent sampled that menu (3pm has though so may be able to provide you a review).

Its BYO too.

Hibs Class
14-05-2012, 07:07 PM
We'll be going early, complete with packed lunch, then a chippy if we're still hungry after that.

LancashireHibby
14-05-2012, 07:07 PM
Theres a greggs next to the bookies. Also a chippy next door to that although I havent sampled that menu (3pm has though so may be able to provide you a review).

Its BYO too.
That chippy is pretty good. Not sure it's exactly what the OP had in mind though.

pedroorange1875
14-05-2012, 07:10 PM
That chippy is pretty good. Not sure it's exactly what the OP had in mind though.

I dont think the chippy there is that great but your right was looking for something bit better, taking the old man through and his chippy and beer outside days are gone im afraid (lucky he wasnt at the semi :wink: )

fat freddy
14-05-2012, 07:14 PM
try The Beachwood on Ardmay Crescent just off Aitkenhill Road...its a the hibs end of the stadium and they do pub grub

JohnStephens91
14-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Grab something to eat in town if it is possible. Myself and my dad are going for something to eat in the city centre because the further out you go the harder it is to find somewhere decent to eat for a reasonable price.

DH1875
14-05-2012, 08:03 PM
There was a sh*t load of burger vans at the semi. Remember there's always the ASDA to pick up the necessities.

WeAreHibs
15-05-2012, 09:52 AM
There was a sh*t load of burger vans at the semi. Remember there's always the ASDA to pick up the necessities and have a sing song.

Fixed that for you :wink:

hibsbollah
15-05-2012, 03:48 PM
We'll be at Jamies Italian in George Square. The Italian burger at £11 is likely to be the best burger you'll ever eat. Pricier than Greggs, but its a special weekend no? 5 mins from central station/queen street.

frasco
15-05-2012, 05:30 PM
Few decent places to eat in Shawlands just up the road

Keith_M
15-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Most of the best eateries are on their side of the stadium.

My 'local' used to be Bar Buddha, now called "The church on the hill", I think. That's on Battlefield Road. I've got a feeling that it'll be full of Yams

Aside from that, I'd go to Poolokshaws Road where there's LOADS of bars & restaurants

frasco
15-05-2012, 05:47 PM

My 'local' used to be Bar Buddha, now called "The church on the hill", I think That's on Battlefield Road. I've got a feeling that it'll be full of Yams

Aside from that, I'd go to Poolokshaws Road where there's LOADS of bars & restaurants

that's what I was thinking, ideal really will be a shame that is the case though

jonesy
15-05-2012, 06:00 PM
Its "only" 4.50 for a chicken or beef burger in the Silver Lounge so that will do for me as I sip on a beer from inside Hampden before the game! Not going to make the same mistake that I made for the semi only having breakfast then nothing else all day drinking beer and jagerbombs on an empty stomach til the wee small hours! I was ill in bed all day on the Sunday! My stomach is still recovering! :rolleyes:

Dashing Bob S
15-05-2012, 06:19 PM

My 'local' used to be Bar Buddha, now called "The church on the hill", I think. That's on Battlefield Road. I've got a feeling that it'll be full of Yams

Yes, such a terrible shame to waste anything even remotely acceptable, on base palates far more accustomed to the taste of glazing and the genitals of blood relatives.

I would stick to the city centre, particularly towards the west end, where several decent Italian eateries proliferate, then jump a cab to get as close as possible to the stadium.

3pm
15-05-2012, 06:25 PM
The chippy was decent. Since a few beers will have been consumed I'd suggest a Donner with everything on it.