PDA

View Full Version : Petrie On Sportsound - states opposition to Newco

woodythehibee
14-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Petrie says today that sporting integrity is more important than financial gain regarding the Rangers situation. - BBC Sport Scotland

Well done Rod:flag:

easty
14-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Aye but the bills aren't paid with sporting integrity, and the bills need paid.

Would love to think sporting integrity wins here but I just don't see it.

green glory
14-05-2012, 04:31 PM
https://twitter.com/bbcbmclauchlin/status/202070740487520257

hibs0666
14-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Big up to the Mouser in telling the huns to GTF.

HibbySpurs
14-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Should be an interesting listen... Cheers for the heads up:aok:

Ozyhibby
14-05-2012, 04:38 PM
All hail the Tache if he follows through on this. I had my doubts but he has made this statement twice now so will give him the benefit of the doubt until the vote.

Kris1875
14-05-2012, 04:47 PM
What time at ?

Matty_Jack04
14-05-2012, 04:51 PM
6:10

green glory
14-05-2012, 04:54 PM
Well done to the old walrus for putting principles before money.

ancienthibby
14-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Well done to the old walrus for putting principles before money.

Heard a snippet in the car coming home.

The TACHEMAN tells it straight!

And a boost for the club that pays its players, its suppliers and the taxman, before Saturday!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well done, sir.:flag::flag::flag:

SRHibs
14-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Anyone got a link to the online station?

ancienthibby
14-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Anyone got a link to the online station?

Here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17939195

SRHibs
14-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Here you go:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17939195

Ta. :aok:

shagpile
14-05-2012, 05:06 PM
Big up to the Mouser in telling the huns to GTF.

I hope he persuades a few of the other club chairmen to think ---& vote--- the same way.:aok:

Golden Bear
14-05-2012, 05:12 PM
It could be a very clever move by our Ayatollah.

Maybe he's already weighed up the way the votes are likely to be cast, realise he will be in the minority and can therefore afford to put forward the integrity argument knowing full well that it will appeal to the majority of real fitba fans throughout Scotland.

He's no daft is our Rod.

:aok:

down-the-slope
14-05-2012, 05:27 PM
It could be a very clever move by our Ayatollah.

Maybe he's already weighed up the way the votes are likely to be cast, realise he will be in the minority and can therefore afford to put forward the integrity argument knowing full well that it will appeal to the majority of real fitba fans throughout Scotland.

He's no daft is our Rod.

:aok:

That is for sure...

For starters Hibs will be the only club in SPL with increased ST sales for next year.....

weecounty hibby
14-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Well said Rod. OF GTF. He speaks a lot of sense. Unlike the vast majority of journalists on this matter

leither17
14-05-2012, 05:32 PM
Traynor is an absolute :trumpet:

number9dream
14-05-2012, 05:42 PM
The wisdom of Chairman Rod...

Read some of what he had to say here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520)

God Petrie
14-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Who is the jambo ring piece on just now?

greenlex
14-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Medals McKay you are a complete ****ing roaster. GTF

God Petrie
14-05-2012, 05:49 PM
oh mckay no wonder the hibs players werent shaking your hand you ****ing racist ****

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 05:50 PM
The wisdom of Chairman Rod...

Read some of what he had to say here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18065520)

Very well said by Rodders.

If there is only 1 "no" vote against the newco cheats, then at least we can have peace of mind that it was 1 of our own and the rest are bottle merchants that would gladly except blood money over sporting integrity.

Mikey
14-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Medals McKay you are a complete ****ing roaster. GTF

Dare I ask what it said? :greengrin

muzzhfc
14-05-2012, 05:54 PM
well done rodders.

Rod Petrie, hes one of our own

PaulSmith
14-05-2012, 05:55 PM
on about Mercer in 1990...still boils the blood

Nando™
14-05-2012, 05:58 PM
Wallace Mercer was a stupid ****.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Aye right Jim Traynor Fud:rolleyes:

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Can somebody please post a link?

When I go on the sportsound page, all I can find is a link for some "Bryan Burnett" rock pish.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 06:02 PM
Can somebody please post a link?

When I go on the sportsound page, all I can find is a link for some "Bryan Burnett" rock pish.

Its finished now but heres your link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17939195

Hanny
14-05-2012, 06:05 PM
Time for a new sig I think :cb

GIRFUY Huns :aok:

H18sry
14-05-2012, 06:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioscotland/programmes/schedules/mw :wink:

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Traynor is an absolute :trumpet:

Too true. I nearly chucked something at the radio when he came out with his "...he's probably only saying that because Hibs are financially secure." What a total bellend and apologist for Der Hunz.

thebakerboy
14-05-2012, 06:08 PM
John Yorkston of Dunfy said the same in the Scotland on Sunday last week but he might be being a bit 2 faced 'cause if Rankers get booted they might still stay up.

Islington Hibs
14-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Well doneindeed. Lets hope others have guts too. Do nothing and same old sterileScottish two horse race and game slowly dies. This is a once in a generationchance to rebalance the league and lets take it. If they allow Rangers backwithout serious and fair punishment sure it might help the finances short termbut the long term rot will continue. Good on you and lets make this a reallycompetitive league that Hibs or a even St Midden (occasionally) might feel theyhad an outside chance.

CallumLaidlaw
14-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Too true. I nearly chucked something at the radio when he came out with his "...he's probably only saying that because Hibs are financially secure." What a total bellend and apologist for Der Hunz.

This is EXACTLY the point even if traynor doesn't want to see it. Hibs are financially secure because we have followed financial constraints for the last 10 years. We have suffered in the park because of it, so why should teams be able to spend money they simply don't have on players they can't afford

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2012, 06:13 PM
This is EXACTLY the point even if traynor doesn't want to see it. Hibs are financially secure because we have followed financial constraints for the last 10 years. We have suffered in the park because of it, so why should teams be able to spend money they simply don't have on players they can't afford

:top marks

WindyMiller
14-05-2012, 06:15 PM
If Rod doesn't have a love for our Club, then he's a good actor.

HibbySpurs
14-05-2012, 06:15 PM
:top marksfor the 'tache & Paddy's chat was good as well.

The retelling of the takeover still makes the blood boi but when they faded out with SOL I swear every hair stood on end and the toughttha maybe revenge is a dish best served cold after all and with a bit of luck maybe we'll take ours on the park on Saturday.

:flag:

Sudds_1
14-05-2012, 06:17 PM

absoeffinlutely! ...............

..........and if you follow that argument further, we've lost revenue based on our (relatively) poor league placings as well........
:agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Dare I ask what it said? :greengrin

Revealed that he wasn't friendly with any Hibs players during his reign as a player. Reckoned he could only recognise Wee Mickey et al by their erses as they trudged off after being soundly thrashed as usual.......

But he's best of pals wi the Hibs boys now, mutual respect and that.

Didn't say whether he gets a xmas card from Kevin Harper tho.......

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-05-2012, 06:19 PM
If Rod doesn't have a love for our Club, then he's a good actor.

Rodders was spot on. :agree:

Part/Time Supporter
14-05-2012, 06:20 PM

And if certain clubs (I'm looking at you, Killie) are sailing so close to the wind that the loss of a few thousand visiting Rangers fans once or twice a season is going to cause them to keel over then that's their own fault.

BTW, in the case of Hibs, I'm not so sure that the morality and finances are in conflict here. It's much more important for Hibs to enthuse their fanbase and get average attendance at Easter Road back up to 12-13 thousand (rather than 9-10 thousand at present) than to placate Rangers. Plus the TV deal destroys almost as much gate revenue for Hibs as it earns them, particularly in a bad year like the last two.

shagpile
14-05-2012, 06:53 PM

And if certain clubs (I'm looking at you, Killie) are sailing so close to the wind that the loss of a few thousand visiting Rangers fans once or twice a season is going to cause them to keel over then that's their own fault.
BTW, in the case of Hibs, I'm not so sure that the morality and finances are in conflict here. It's much more important for Hibs to enthuse their fanbase and get average attendance at Easter Road back up to 12-13 thousand (rather than 9-10 thousand at present) than to placate Rangers. Plus the TV deal destroys almost as much gate revenue for Hibs as it earns them, particularly in a bad year like the last two.

If the likes of Killie, St Johnstone Caley etc are so dependent on this money, they should grow some balls & seek a rule change on the way the gate money is distributed. Gate money at EVERY game shared 50/50. T.V money equally distributed between all teams in the SPL.
An even playing field.
If the likes of Traynor & the other numpties who pass themselves off as 'sports journalists' want the huns to survive & 'help' lesser clubs ,then it has to be on new terms. Not their terms.

Winston Ingram
14-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Rod Petrie:not worth

...WentToMowAnSPL
14-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Absolutely - in Rod we trust all hail the tash.. he is growing a tash as a sign that we should all wear tash'es for the cup final !

All hail the Messiah ;-)

stoneyburn hibs
14-05-2012, 07:33 PM
The tache played a blinder tonight , well done rod

It wont be Hibernian that lets the huns come back unscathed

HibbyDave
14-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Good to hear him say something about the situ. Well done for expresing the SENTIMENTS and for keeping up the heat on this case. Until all the facts are known I don't expect a full "NO NEWCO IN THE SPL" style of comment but this is welcome all the same.

It would be easy to focus on Saturday's events and let other things slip under the radar, especially with the latest news at Rankgers of their new saviour: Rangers Leech AKA Charles Green.

If they boycott ER............... so what? Simply arrange a friendly against a Good Club and with the right pricing structure we can easily manage the cash flow as well as giving the fans something worth seeing instead of the Bigot Fest.

DH1875
14-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Top stuff Rodders :thumbsup:. Always said you were the man :tee hee:.

I've asked this before but never really got an answer. Did Rod work this season for nowt? I'm sure I heard somewhere that he wasn't tacking a wage this year.

WindyMiller
14-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Top stuff Rodders :thumbsup:. Always said you were the man :tee hee:.

I've asked this before but never really got an answer. Did Rod work this season for nowt? I'm sure I heard somewhere that he wasn't tacking a wage this year.

Aberdonian?

Golden Bear
14-05-2012, 07:53 PM
I've even had a text from one of the more sensible gers fans saying that he actually agrees with RP!

Eyrie
14-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Excellent work by Petrie. He laid the groundwork a few weeks ago on TV with similar comments.

The momentum has to be building with Yorkston and then Lawwell making similar remarks. Just a pity Dunfermline won't be there on the 30th.

ekhibee
14-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Being the devil's advocate here, but Traynor said several times over the weekend on sportsound that Rangers must get relegated to the 3rd Div. His argument also was that the rules should have been in place a long time ago to prevent any club from avoiding that under any circumstances, and said that there can be no question that if Rangers become Newco they MUST start in the bottom league, after applying to join. That sounds pretty fair to me. His is an argumentative, annoying t**t all the same, but I agree with him about that.

DH1875
14-05-2012, 08:15 PM
If Rod does vote against a new co were does that leave all the fans who said they won't be back? Rod and the club will have done their part but I can't see another 4 clubs voting against them. Pity Dunfermline are out the picture cause that would only have left 3.

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2012, 08:21 PM
If Rod does vote against a new co were does that leave all the fans who said they won't be back? Rod and the club will have done their part but I can't see another 4 clubs voting against them. Pity Dunfermline are out the picture cause that would only have left 3.

I strongly suspect that Hibs, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Celtic and hearts will vote against.

Hibs for reasons given by petrie
Celtic because Lawell will do what the fans want
St Mirren cause rangers tried to buy them
St Johnstone because they are similar to hibs in that they only spend what they have and there chairman is well documented in that respect
Hearts - cause vlad hates the old firm

Well done to Petrie though, especially proud of hibs tonight.

ScottB
14-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Top marks to the Iron Mowser for this one, though I fully expected him to take this line.

The only problem is, I fear / suspect it will just be us and Celtic alone in this, maybe Hearts if Vlad decides to screw with Rangers, but his surprising total silence of this issue leaves me wondering.

Vini1875
14-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Delighted RP said this. He has the backing of the fans and we can ask him to do no more than vote against the huns if it comes to it. The added bonus is that the huns will now boycott us. I am sure though that plenty people don't go to these games, because of the bile that comes from them.

The huns spending within their means and Hibs improving, would give us a much better chance to win and so I doubt a hun boycott would actually effect the crowd all that much, as the Hibs fans are much more likely to come out. Even better if they are not in the SPL at all.

Paisley Hibby
14-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Being the devil's advocate here, but Traynor said several times over the weekend on sportsound that Rangers must get relegated to the 3rd Div. His argument also was that the rules should have been in place a long time ago to prevent any club from avoiding that under any circumstances, and said that there can be no question that if Rangers become Newco they MUST start in the bottom league, after applying to join. That sounds pretty fair to me. His is an argumentative, annoying t**t all the same, but I agree with him about that.

That's not what he was saying tonight.

DH1875
14-05-2012, 08:31 PM
I strongly suspect that Hibs, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Celtic and hearts will vote against.

St Johnstone because they are similar to hibs in that they only spend what they have and there chairman is well documented in that respect

NO chance St Mirren or especially St Johnstone will vote against them. I wonder what way the sheep will go. I know their ducked financially but their fans hate rangers more than celtic do.

Barney McGrew
14-05-2012, 08:34 PM

In Rod We Trust

Billy Whizz
14-05-2012, 08:36 PM
It's all part of negotiation, if we vote of Rangers staying in the SPL, what's in it for Hibs

Jim44
14-05-2012, 08:37 PM

I think your being too optimistic here. I think only Hibs and Celtic will have the guts to vote against Rangers. It's ironic that we have kicked out the only other team who would have definitely voted against them and for the record, Yorkston didn't speak out against Rangers as he thought the Pars might stay up if they left the SPL. He knew it was always one club down and two up if Rangers left. Again, for it's worth, despite his hatred of Rantic, Vlad also hates the SPL and SFA and his financial preoccupation will force him to side with Rangers. As for all the others, fans' opinions will count for nothing when weighed up against the demands of their bank managers. I will gladly apologise to any other clubs who prove me wrong.

Jim44
14-05-2012, 08:45 PM

That's not what he was saying tonight.

Traynor is a fool and bends with the wind. He was making anti-Rangers comments only because he was co-hosting the programme with Tom English who swept Traynor along on his wave of common sense and fair play.

Deeklipse
14-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Its finished now but heres your link http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17939195

Is there anywhere to hear it now? This link just says programme finished and other places I found say it's not on iPlayer.

Mikey
14-05-2012, 09:03 PM
Dealing with Rangers fans boycotting ER is easy.

The Hibs fans who get a free ticket for OF games as part of the ST deal can sit in the South, the Huns can get part of the south, and they can be kept in until the Hibs fans have cleared the area.

Problem solved.

Jonnyboy
14-05-2012, 09:04 PM

This :agree:

As supporters can we really have a clear conscience if we choose to stay away from ER if the vote is lost as part of the minority?

smurf
14-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Great work Mr Chairman Petrie!

ScottB
14-05-2012, 09:30 PM
I think your being too optimistic here. I think only Hibs and Celtic will have the guts to vote against Rangers. It's ironic that we have kicked out the only other team who would have definitely voted against them and for the record, Yorkston didn't speak out against Rangers as he thought the Pars might stay up if they left the SPL. He knew it was always one club down and two up if Rangers left. Again, for it's worth, despite his hatred of Rantic, Vlad also hates the SPL and SFA and his financial preoccupation will force him to side with Rangers. As for all the others, fans' opinions will count for nothing when weighed up against the demands of their bank managers. I will gladly apologise to any other clubs who prove me wrong.

Hence why I really suspect it will be up to Hibs and Celtic to make it financially worse to welcome Rangers back. Whether that is resigning from the league or something else I don't know.

Regardless, the number of fans that will be lost to the game will make New Rangers in the SPL a worse option. The danger is that it appears some Chairmen seem to belief they are choosing between the status quo, and no Rangers, when that definitely is not the case. If they realised that, or took the fans anger seriously, there'd be no debate on kicking New Rangers into the 3rd Division.

micka_weer
14-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Sure the podcast is available to download now as well

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Dealing with Rangers fans boycotting ER is easy.

The Hibs fans who get a free ticket for OF games as part of the ST deal can sit in the South, the Huns can get part of the south, and they can be kept in until the Hibs fans have cleared the area.

Problem solved.

Or they can all sit in the lower tier and have coins missiled at them for 90 minutes.

hibsbollah
14-05-2012, 09:38 PM
All hail the tache.

ScottB
14-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Or they can all sit in the lower tier and have coins missiled at them for 90 minutes.

They need the cash... :wink:

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 09:41 PM
They need the cash... :wink:

Best melt the coins first so they can't use them.

We don't want to help them out financially on any level. :wink:

down-the-slope
14-05-2012, 09:53 PM

:agree: he did say that...IF they are liquidated....the fact that CVA (and them carrying on as same company) is being touted as possible changes that.....

I do think they will go pop and then he can be reminded that he said any liquidated club should be sent to Div 3

brydekirk
14-05-2012, 10:14 PM

Agree, just like they do to us at ipox.

Bishop Hibee
14-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Just saw it on the BBC Scottish news at 10.25. All hail the Tash :hibees

PatHead
14-05-2012, 10:23 PM
Just saw it on the BBC Scottish news at 10.25. All hail the Tash :hibees

Sorry to hijack thread but did Sean get a ticket?

speedy_gonzales
14-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Sure the podcast is available to download now as well

PODCAST (http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/scotland/scotfoot/scotfoot_20120514-1930a.mp3)

Saorsa
14-05-2012, 10:51 PM
If Rod does vote against a new co were does that leave all the fans who said they won't be back? Rod and the club will have done their part but I can't see another 4 clubs voting against them. Pity Dunfermline are out the picture cause that would only have left 3.It leaves me in exactly the same place, I winnae be back. I've said this before and I'll say it again, as far as I'm concerned this isnae about what Hibs do, it's about what Scottish fitba does. If the cheats get back in and money comes ahead of the integrity of sporting competition, the game is finished as far as I'm concerned, nae if's, buts or maybes. Whats the point of any competition were the rules are changed/bent tae suit certain teams and cheats prevail, none IMO. We wouldnae be having any discussions about rule changes and newcos getting in tae the league if it was any team out with the OF, any other team would just be telt GTF.

Saorsa
14-05-2012, 10:52 PM
This :agree:

As supporters can we really have a clear conscience if we choose to stay away from ER if the vote is lost as part of the minority?Mine will be perfectly clear.

Lang Toun Hibs
14-05-2012, 11:01 PM

Ahh memories of ibrox without the corners filled in! Some even happy...remember doing 'the houchy' as ibrox emptied anyone?

greenginger
14-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Whether a NewCo Hun gets to transfer its SPL share is down to a democratic vote of all SPL clubs which is better than Doncaster's attempt at getting it nodded through at an SPL Board meeting to suit his own agenda (and his performance bonus I'm sure ).

What I've never seen explained is how a NewCo Hun can get the SFA EUFA Standard license that is an absolute condition for membership of the SPL.

An SFA License is not transferable between different legal entities and a NewCo Club requires 3 years trading accounts before that grade of license is granted.

Are these rules to be amended as well ? if so I must have missed it. :confused:

Ozyhibby
14-05-2012, 11:27 PM
And they have not even started on the dual contract situation yet.

Septimus
15-05-2012, 03:11 AM
Like just about every other fan of Scottish Football I am sick of the excessive interest in the fate of Glasgow Rangers. Today, in the Scotsman, Rod Petrie states his point of view and I fully agree with it. They have got to be punished for their crimes no matter what name they trade under.

DMR1875
15-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Here is the link to BBC sport Scotland podcasts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/scotfoot

heretoday
15-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Like just about every other fan of Scottish Football I am sick of the excessive interest in the fate of Glasgow Rangers. Today, in the Scotsman, Rod Petrie states his point of view and I fully agree with it. They have got to be punished for their crimes no matter what name they trade under.
Hear Hear! Integrity should not be compromised in the name of profit. It was very interesting to listen to the elusive Petrie. Let's hope he has a big smile on his face after Saturday before scurrying back to his fox covert.

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2012, 08:14 AM
Good to hear him say something about the situ. Well done for expresing the SENTIMENTS and for keeping up the heat on this case. Until all the facts are known I don't expect a full "NO NEWCO IN THE SPL" style of comment but this is welcome all the same.

It would be easy to focus on Saturday's events and let other things slip under the radar, especially with the latest news at Rankgers of their new saviour: Rangers Leech AKA Charles Green.

If they boycott ER............... so what? Simply arrange a friendly against a Good Club and with the right pricing structure we can easily manage the cash flow as well as giving the fans something worth seeing instead of the Bigot Fest.

If they boycott ER you may well see attendance rising within the Hibs support, families will feel safe coming to ER and the huns fans weakening their team even more with no backing.

Phil MaGlass
15-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Whether a NewCo Hun gets to transfer its SPL share is down to a democratic vote of all SPL clubs which is better than Doncaster's attempt at getting it nodded through at an SPL Board meeting to suit his own agenda (and his performance bonus I'm sure ).

What I've never seen explained is how a NewCo Hun can get the SFA EUFA Standard license that is an absolute condition for membership of the SPL.
An SFA License is not transferable between different legal entities and a NewCo Club requires 3 years trading accounts before that grade of license is granted.

From what I gather there seems to be a bit of a loophole in that, ah cannae mind where, (someone explained it to me on saturday over a few beers and noo ah cannae mind) BUT UEFA are trying to sort it oot, there may well still be a way back for them.

Ashtead Hibs
15-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Can someone explain why there has to be 5 to vote against Rangers getting back in but a few weeks ago they were trying to change it from 11 to one majority on decisions?

Cropley10
15-05-2012, 08:40 AM

Just a small point, but something I read elsewhere a few days ago....

Rangers can't become Newco. If Rangers 1872 are liquidated that is the end of them, and their Club. They are finished. A line is drawn under everything they've done; all the trophies they've won, all the dual contracts they had, all the EBT stuff, everything; good and bad. A new co(mpany) is just that a new company, the media are trying to tell us that Rangers can die and then be reborn as Rangers.

Here's the point - we should ALL stop saying Newco and instead say New Club - for this is what it would be, a New Club Rangers, not the old one, nothing to do with them in fact, but a brand new Club, just like anyone can form. No New Club in the SPL.

The idea that Rangers could go bust, completely bust and then take the jerseys, the badge, the songs, the 'tradition, the brogues and cardigans and form a New Club, ditch their debt, ditch all their sanctions, penalties and punishments and start again IN THE SPL is a disgrace.

And before anyone shoots me down, if Der Hun get away with this then so will the Gorgie Tramps - liquidation and then straight back to the SPL debt free... it's a nightmare scenario IMHO.

Cropley10
15-05-2012, 08:46 AM

You're right. The problem is that MSM are conducting a campaign where it is now the received wisdom that Rangers can form a New Club and just carry on, uninterrupted. The man Green has been presented as the new proprietor of Der Hun, yet his bid specifically includes the clause whereby if the CVA fails he will purchase the assets via a New Club. This reinforces the idea that their can be continuity, simply through walking away from their debts and punishments.

johnrebus
15-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Just a small point, but something I read elsewhere a few days ago....

Rangers can't become Newco. If Rangers 1872 are liquidated that is the end of them, and their Club. They are finished. A line is drawn under everything they've done; all the trophies they've won, all the dual contracts they had, all the EBT stuff, everything; good and bad. A new co(mpany) is just that a new company, the media are trying to tell us that Rangers can die and then be reborn as Rangers.

Here's the point - we should ALL stop saying Newco and instead say New Club - for this is what it would be, a New Club Rangers, not the old one, nothing to do with them in fact, but a brand new Club, just like anyone can form. No New Club in the SPL.

The idea that Rangers could go bust, completely bust and then take the jerseys, the badge, the songs, the 'tradition, the brogues and cardigans and form a New Club, ditch their debt, ditch all their sanctions, penalties and punishments and start again IN THE SPL is a disgrace.

And before anyone shoots me down, if Der Hun get away with this then so will the Gorgie Tramps - liquidation and then straight back to the SPL debt free... it's a nightmare scenario IMHO.

Agree with everything apart from last paragraph.

Hearts should have got in there first, because IMHO it will be them who get the full force of what should have been the Hun's punishments.

So sad.

:cb

WindyMiller
15-05-2012, 08:59 AM

They still seem to stand, only SFL clubs are exempt.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/01 General Provisions (2).pdf

Objectives 1.6 would stop any New Rangers getting a license and should see any Old Rangers debarred.

VickMackie
15-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Good point re the New Club, never thought of it. It certainly has more impact in hitting home what's going to happen.

I think that any club going into admin following rangers successful revival are going to get absolutely nailed.

Petrie has been saying a lot of positive things lately and he's making it clear he knows what the fans want I.e. more 3pm kick offs. Hopefully he sticks it to them come decision time.

WindyMiller
15-05-2012, 09:05 AM
They still seem to stand, only SFL clubs are exempt.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/PartThree-UEFAClubLicensing/01 General Provisions (2).pdf

Objectives 1.6 would stop any New Rangers getting a license and should see any Old Rangers debarred.

UEFA and/or its nominated bodies/agencies reserve the right to, at any time, conduct compliance audits of the Scottish FA and, in the presence
of the latter, of the licence applicants/licensees.
Compliance audits aim to ensure that the Scottish FA, as well as the licence applicants/licensees, have fulfilled their obligations and that the
licence was correctly awarded at the time of the final decision of the Scottish FA.

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Rod Petrie knows more than any other chairman just how his teams supporters feel. He does his walk around the 2 bars behind the goals every week. The feeling is quite strong from a lot of those i have spoken too, a lot will not be back if a newco Rangers are still in the SPL next season, i'd imagine he hears the same?

Rod knows this, he hears it every other week. Also how can a club like Hibs who will lose fans should this happen, hope to entice new fans? How many folk who might not go to football much now, also think whats the point of watching a rigged game?

The games on its last legs, i cant believe those in charge cant see this. Allowing a newco back in will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of people, its a no brainer imo.

Kaiser1962
15-05-2012, 09:50 AM

And to do this with the apparent blessing and approval of the those that govern the game in this country is scandalous.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-05-2012, 09:51 AM
Agree with everything apart from last paragraph.

Hearts should have got in there first, because IMHO it will be them who get the full force of what should have been the Hun's punishments.

So sad.

:cb
All about precedents I'm afraid and Rangers will set the precedent the games a bogey on that case. Petrie and Falkirk more than most know what trying to do the right thing has meant for fans.
I suspect clubs like Hearts and Ger will blame the authorities for not stepping in sooner if they had a real issue with things. I hope against th odds this brings down the football establishment

proud_and_green
15-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Good point re the New Club, never thought of it. It certainly has more impact in hitting home what's going to happen.

I think that any club going into admin following rangers successful revival are going to get absolutely nailed.

Petrie has been saying a lot of positive things lately and he's making it clear he knows what the fans want I.e. more 3pm kick offs. Hopefully he sticks it to them come decision time.

I was really proud to be a Hibby when i read the back page of the scotsman today and particularly as i walked through the centre of Glasgow. The quote from the Tache "That's fundamental to us at our club, to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards".

I could feel myself growing as i looked at those poor weegies and there lack of tradition and lust for money. I could see them looking at me in awe as they seemed to be saying look at that fine upright man he's a Hibby, the club that won't bend to the pound, the club with integrity.

Well done the Tache, lead the way!!!

Future17
15-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I was really proud to be a Hibby when i read the back page of the scotsman today and particularly as i walked through the centre of Glasgow. The quote from the Tache "That's fundamental to us at our club, to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards".

I could feel myself growing as i looked at those poor weegies and there lack of tradition and lust for money. I could see them looking at me in awe as they seemed to be saying look at that fine upright man he's a Hibby, the club that won't bend to the pound, the club with integrity.

Well done the Tache, lead the way!!!

:thumbsup:

JeMeSouviens
15-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Just sent my email to the board thanking and congratulating the Tache on his public stance. Credit where credit's due. :agree:

I'll still be disgusted with the rest of the SPL if they let a Hun New Club into the league, but at least we can hold our heads high. :flag:

freddie m
15-05-2012, 04:21 PM

I have not renewed for next year on account of 2 issues
1. Hibs backing a New Club that was once Rangers. To me this would be a major slap in the face to all us Hibs Supporters who have backed the club during the last 10 years of Austerity. We have suffered financial penalties pretty much throughout with our league placing’s. So where is the fairness in that
2. The football & kick off times in the SPL is not supporter friendly at all. I know a lot of money has gone out of our game however, I believe that the main reason that this has happened is because of the TV deal ruining the SPL schedule. The poor football can be improved by extending the league and concentrating on youth development ( something that Hibs do well at)
After last night’s interview with Rod I will renew my ticket for next year, as long as Hibs vote against allowing a New Club that was once Rangers of the hook. I know that they may escape punishment through the weakness of other clubs. I will know that my clubs integrity is untarnished so deserve my support. The weaker clubs I will boycott & never put another penny into their coffers, & that includes Hearts.
Glory glory

:flag::pfgwa:flag: