PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final Diary Thread.

Thecat23
14-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Right guys, this is the thread you can stick what you're doing before during and after the Cup Final. For the folk travelling from the other side of the world, get what you're doing on here, flights, trains, etc..

Lets see how many funny stories folk have on cup final day and the lead up to it. :thumbsup:

Lets hope this thread lasts weeks :wink:

Jay
14-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Well I'll be hitting the divorce court if he doesnt stop being condascending and if he pats my leg one more time and tells me he doesnt want me to be too disappointed if we dont win I swear to god............... :gun:

yeezus.
14-05-2012, 10:01 AM
I won the ballot after going to Easter Road on Monday, had to go back down to Edinburgh from Aberdeen on Thursday to get the tickets and now I've got no money left to book transport from Aberdeen...

Thecat23
14-05-2012, 10:16 AM
All the jambo's I work with are very quiet today. Not sure if it's the nerves or the fact they were horsed 5-0.

yeezus.
14-05-2012, 10:30 AM
Looks like I will be getting the megabus to Glasgow then going from central station to Mount florida

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Looks like I will be getting the megabus to Glasgow then going from central station to Mount florida

Don't tell me you've got a ticket for the Hearts end as well? :wink:

yeezus.
14-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Don't tell me you've got a ticket for the Hearts end as well? :wink:

No, how? I don't know of another way ... I'm in the East stand, would rather not go than sit with the yams

Hibs7
14-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Got 2 tickets in the debenture seats through my sons friend who is a championship manager, not Freebies I might add.!! Also access to the Hampden lounge for Hibbies.
Travelling through by train with the rest of you lesser mortals ;-)

Got another ticket VIA my membership and passed it on to a well deserving Hibbie.

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 10:43 AM
No, how? I don't know of another way ... I'm in the East stand, would rather not go than sit with the yams

I think you'll find the trains leaving Central will be segregated, Hearts going to Mount Florida, Hibs going to Kings Park. I thought you might have been one of the Hibbies going undercover in the Jambos end. :wink:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Friday 18th May 2012

3.00pm - Control, Alt and Delete.
3.05pm - Meet with Craig in Prague outside our office
3.35pm - Park the car at Prague airport
4.00pm - Settle down in the business lounge with a glass of Prague finest beer
6.15pm - Stagger to gate 1a for Jet2.com direct to Edinburgh
6.55pm - Order jet2's 3 for 10quid deal on booze
7.30pm - Land in Sunny Edinburgh
8.00pm - Pop in to my Mum's drop my bag off and tell her i will see her on Sunday before i fly home.
8.30pm - Pre final drinks with Hibs and Hearts buddies in the local bowling club

Saturday 19th May 2012

7.30am - Shower, *****, Shave
8.00am - 1st pint and nip in the bowling club with a bacon roll.
9.30am - Bus to Rutherglen venue for Cup Final pints
2.00pm - walk to Hampden
5.00pm - Leave Hampden a happy hibby
7.00pm - Back in Edinburgh for the biggest party ever

Sunday 20th May 2012

4.00pm - Leave for Prague
7.30pm - Pick up the car and head home a cup winner.

yeezus.
14-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I think you'll find the trains leaving Central will be segregated, Hearts going to Mount Florida, Hibs going to Kings Park. I thought you might have been one of the Hibbies going undercover in the Jambos end. :wink:

Oh right, thanks for letting me know, I take it there will be a load of police there at the station then? I dinnae want to end up with them!

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh right, thanks for letting me know, I take it there will be a load of police there at the station then? I dinnae want to end up with them!

You'll be alright getting there, you won't be alone in Glasgow, I'm sure there will be plenty green and white you can get tagged onto. :thumbsup:

Sean1875
14-05-2012, 11:16 AM
7am-3pm Drinking.

3pm-4.45pm Celebrating

4.45pm-21/12/2012 - Celebrating and Drinking

J-C
14-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Got my mucker from Liverpool coming up on friday, he's joined the site as 'evertonianhibs' Hibs now officially his 2nd team and he's never been to a final before.

KSA Hibee
14-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Monday 2.15PM local time Saudi Arabia .. sitting at my desk at work trying to concentrate on work and not log onto Hibs net every 10 minutes ... not doing to well on that front.

Tuesday 8PM local time Saudi time ..... shut the front door to my house having never seen us win the Scottish Cup and head for the airport

Wednesday 1PM local Bahrain time ... wheels up on the plane ... "excuse me stewardess .. can I have a beer please?" :greengrin

Wednesday 10 am Edinburgh time ... "hello Maw .. have you pressed ma Hibs top yet? ... is the fridge full?"

Wednesday 1PM .. head to ER shop and get "When I was" and the number 5 put on my daughters Hibs top :agree:

Wednesday 2 PM - 8.30AM when the bus leaves ER ... try not to act like a 14 YO who know's he's "gettin IT today"

12.00PM - Friday 1rst of May ... Alcoholic haze !!!!!!!!! ( oh and plenty of greetin and happy tears for sure)

19th May - "till am in ma box" ... be content having finally see it happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saturday 2nd June .. OPEN THE FRONT DOOR OF MY HOUSE HAVING SEEN THE COLOUR OF THE GRASS BREAK THAT FE*KIN JINX !!!!:flag:

HibeesLA
14-05-2012, 11:32 AM
After a quiet celebration after the Semi Final (only because it was about 6:30am in the hotel room in San Francisco, and I was under orders not to wake everyone up), I planned all my flights etc for the Final. Was supposed to fly into Edinburgh on Friday via Newark, then home again on Monday morning. Would have been about $1,200 round trip, with an outside chance I could upgrade myself out of Economy.

After some conversations with my colleague in London, I made the Executive decision that I needed to be there for work this week and not in June like originally thought, and hence managed to get flights from LA to London in Business class, and only have to pay for the trip from London to Edinburgh.

yeezus.
14-05-2012, 11:34 AM
You'll be alright getting there, you won't be alone in Glasgow, I'm sure there will be plenty green and white you can get tagged onto. :thumbsup:

Hope so, thanks for letting me know.

Hibernian Verse
14-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Heading back from Aberdeen today, brothers wedding on Wednesday, big reception on Friday, Hampden on Saturday, back up on Sunday, exam on Monday...

Needless to say this will not be my attempt at an exam.

Hibernian Verse
14-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Best attempt*. Just to clarify I will be sitting the exam myself!

Delboy4
14-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Friday 18th May

4.00pm - Turn computer off
4.30pm - Home, changed and to the pub (to settle nerves)
10.00pm - Early nite for an early start (if I can sleep)

Saturday 19th May

7.30am - Showered & dressed
8.30am - Train to smelly part of Scotland
9.40am - Pre-match drinks with the guys
11.30am - Make my way to Hampden for Corporate Drinks & Food
3.00pm -Watch the Cabbage hump THEM
5.00pm - Singing the Sunshine on Leith whilst watching the cup being held aloft by Mr McPake
7.00pm - Back in Edinburgh, down Easter road having the biggest party you could think of...

:flag::flag::flag::thumbsup::flag::flag::flag:

:party: