PDA

View Full Version : Before THAT semi Hartley said they were inspired as they arrived at Hampden

Stanton
13-05-2012, 10:36 PM
and greeted by Thousands of ****bos and no Hibby's around. He said he knew they would win then .
We need to make our presence felt all week and on the day of the game to make sure our Team know they are being backed to the Hilt by Thousands of Hibby's ....I know it does not sound very important ....and the real action will take place on the park ....BUT ANYTHING no matter how slight that can be minutely viewed as inspirational to Hibs this week is worth trying :agree:

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:38 PM
and greeted by Thousands of ****bos and no Hibby's around. He said he knew they would win then .
We need to make our presence felt all week and on the day of the game to make sure our Team know they are being backed to the Hilt by Thousands of Hibby's ....I know it does not sound very important ....and the real action will take place on the park ....BUT ANYTHING no matter how slight that can be minutely viewed as inspirational to Hibs this week is worth trying :agree:

It's easy to come out with quotes like that after you've won a game!

muthillhibee
13-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Team bus will enter the East Side of the ground through the under stadium tunnel. This enters the main stadium entrance.

Would be good for as many fans to be there to greet the players as they can. :pfgwa

Penicuik Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:45 PM
I wish I knew what to do to help. I don't have a ticket & this is the first final I have missed since we lost 6-3 to celtic (harper scored 3 & still ended up on the losing side).
My Dad is 84 & never seen us win the cup. He doesn't have too many years left so this could be the last chance for him to see us hibs win the cup.
I want this soooooooooo much. Can't even think of the victory parade as been there so many times.
Come on Hibs. Can't believe there is a person outside of Gorgie who doesn't want Hibs to win. Keep dreaming of McPake scoring the winner. For all that he has been a fantastic captain & won every header of the ball defensively, he has never scored for us. Sat would be perfect for his first goal.
I wish I was at Hampden. But I urge every Hibs fan who is there to cheer on the team every second of the game. GGTTH

konte's one-two
13-05-2012, 10:52 PM

Can't agree more, all these things are so miniscule but if there is anything at all the WE the supporters can do to help Hibs over the line then it should be done.
For too long we've always been to quiet, and fewer in numbers, just giving the yams fodder to their "big team" jibes.

Now we need to stand up and prove that we are the big team!!!!

:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:saltireflag:s altireflag

GreenCastle
13-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Make it green week - wear your Hibs top whenever possible. Get those scarves / Flags out in cars and buses on the way to the game on the M8.

Flags out where ever possible - I was told there were several being hung outside down ER way already of some of the flats :top marks:flag:

Hibs fans have to get into Hampden earlier and get our end filled up to start singing from before the players even come out to warm up.

Fans should also do all they can to greet the bus and give the players support.

Best Hibs atmosphere EVER on Saturday :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm sure they were more inspired by the number of players missing from the team for various reasons along with the fact we had just sold O'Connor!

muthillhibee
13-05-2012, 11:03 PM
Looking at the time on the picture i took of the team bus arriving at the SF. The bus should arrive 1 hour 30 mins before the kick off.

Mon the Hibs!

:pfgwa

SlickShoes
13-05-2012, 11:35 PM
The worst thing about THAT semi was walking into the stadium and hearing this lineup being read out:

Hibernian: Malkowski, Whittaker, Gary Smith, Caldwell, Murphy, Sproule, Hogg, Thomson, Glass (Konte 62), Fletcher (McCluskey 82), Benjelloun (Konde 70).
Subs Not Used: Simon Brown, Shields.

The zibi factor was huge, as was the loss of o connor, riordan, brown and shiels. Benji had only just arrived and was about 18stone, nowehere near match fit. That hearts team was also probably the best hearts team in recent memory.

Sure the gaps in the stadium were not great but the gaps in the team were a much bigger factor.

We have had one of the worst seasons ever and yet here we are, everything hanging on one game against them, every one of our fans will be up for it, this game win or lose is a once in a lifetime thing, I for one won't be letting it pass me by!

truehibernian
13-05-2012, 11:44 PM
If I recall correctly, even with the makeshift side, we dictated the opening stages and were caught on the break after Benji miscontrolled a pass at the edge of their box when we were on top and comfortable.

The Zibi clanger second half sealed our fate, but even at half time we were the better side.

Mowbrays pre match interview was hardly inspiring either if I recall.

Shrekko
14-05-2012, 12:05 AM
The worst thing about THAT semi was walking into the stadium and hearing this lineup being read out:

Hibernian: Malkowski, Whittaker, Gary Smith, Caldwell, Murphy, Sproule, Hogg, Thomson, Glass (Konte 62), Fletcher (McCluskey 82), Benjelloun (Konde 70).

The zibi factor was huge, as was the loss of o connor, riordan, brown and shiels. Benji had only just arrived and was about 18stone, nowehere near match fit. That hearts team was also probably the best hearts team in recent memory.

Sure the gaps in the stadium were not great but the gaps in the team were a much bigger factor.

We have had one of the worst seasons ever and yet here we are, everything hanging on one game against them, every one of our fans will be up for it, this game win or lose is a once in a lifetime thing, I for one won't be letting it pass me by!

Amazing to think that incredibly under-strength team boasted 5 players that either had or went on to get Scotland caps! 2 others- Benji and Ivan went on to win full international honours with their countries too, so 7 of the starting 11 ended up with full caps.

I do really think that it will be a massive help if the team get the feeling the fans believe. There is no doubt that the Jambos will be same as they were in 2006- full of themselves and loud. This time we need to match them. You still cringe when you think of those empty seats and the almost total lack of anything from the Hibs fans that day. I'm sure this week will be different though.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Amazing to think that incredibly under-strength team boasted 5 players that either had or went on to get Scotland caps! 2 others- Benji and Ivan went on to win full international honours with their countries too, so 7 of the starting 11 ended up with full caps.

I do really think that it will be a massive help if the team get the feeling the fans believe. There is no doubt that the Jambos will be same as they were in 2006- full of themselves and loud. This time we need to match them. You still cringe when you think of those empty seats and the almost total lack of anything from the Hibs fans that day. I'm sure this week will be different though.

:agree: It will be.

In fact, things are going to be so different on Saturday, in comparison with the semi in '06, that it's hardly worth even talking about it.

I cannot wait for the gates to open on Saturday afternoon and for the players to walk out for their warm up. I can only imagine the atmosphere as they come out at 2:55pm for the real thing.

It's giving me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Bring it on!! :flag:

1875STEVE
14-05-2012, 01:29 AM

Don't forget that Boozy, Killen and Stewart all failed medicals before kick off aswell.

Hogg and Fletcher were kids.

Caldwell was at right back, Whittaker in midfield, our team was all over the place, we were ****ed before it started.

FFS look at the subs bench, Brown, Konde, Konte, Shields and McKluskey!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We can do it this time, have faith people.

Purple & Green
14-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Team bus will enter the East Side of the ground through the under stadium tunnel. This enters the main stadium entrance.

Would be good for as many fans to be there to greet the players as they can. :pfgwa

I hope so - I seem to remember on the Hampden tour the guide said that only Celtic normally enter from the east side, which would mean the Hibs bus would enter from the other side of the ground from their fans.

Purple & Green
14-05-2012, 06:56 AM
And Mowbrays decision to play Calamity Caldwell at right back...

weecounty hibby
14-05-2012, 08:53 AM
I said it on another thread but we need to get as much green and white about the country as possible this week. Houses, cars, work places get them decked in our fabulous colours. Our house will be covered in green and white today after the kids get in from school. C'mon everybody lets do it!!!!
:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

:pfgwa

SlickShoes
14-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Don't forget that Boozy, Killen and Stewart all failed medicals before kick off aswell.

Hogg and Fletcher were kids.

Caldwell was at right back, Whittaker in midfield, our team was all over the place, we were ****ed before it started.

FFS look at the subs bench, Brown, Konde, Konte, Shields and McKluskey!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

We can do it this time, have faith people.

I knew I had missed out a few more dunno how I could have forgotten boozy and that was also when Killen was banging in the goals too.

That bench is probably the weakest hibs bench I have ever seen, even this season our bench has had more to offer than that.

But aye, everything went against us in that game and in the build up to it, this is different, we all believe we can do it, its only the hearts fans and the media that are writing us off, i am happy for them to do that.

konte's one-two
14-05-2012, 09:32 AM
I hope so - I seem to remember on the Hampden tour the guide said that only Celtic normally enter from the east side, which would mean the Hibs bus would enter from the other side of the ground from their fans.

I did the Hamoden tour last week, and both teams enter Hamden from the same side, it's the south west corner,
They they enter the underground road, and Hibs will get out at the east dressing room entrance.

I interesting fact is, prior to the match there is a 7 a-side astroturf warmup area, which both teams share at the same time right before the enter the tunnel, all that seperates them is a big green curtain (of like yo'd see at a school hall etc), could be tasy before it.

GreenCastle
14-05-2012, 09:46 AM
I did the Hamoden tour last week, and both teams enter Hamden from the same side, it's the south west corner,
They they enter the underground road, and Hibs will get out at the east dressing room entrance.

I interesting fact is, prior to the match there is a 7 a-side astroturf warmup area, which both teams share at the same time right before the enter the tunnel, all that seperates them is a big green curtain (of like yo'd see at a school hall etc), could be tasy before it.

I was thinking they entered the South West Corner which is towards the yams end.

How much segregation is in place in front of the South Stand before the game ? I know the North they usually are little more strict near to the turnstiles.

Captain Trips
14-05-2012, 10:23 AM
The buses come into main stand down the road at the back side of their end therefore I would expect their to be almost all Hearts fan in path of bus.

Hibs Giant
14-05-2012, 11:39 AM
There's a few people seem to think that the fans don't make much of a difference. They make a massive difference!

It's on all our shoulders to raise the roof and get behind the team. Particularly if we are behind and struggling. Not easy, but if we are nervous or down-beat, it will definitely transmit to the players.

If, in the end, we are beaten, then so be it. I'll be there bleeding on the battlefield with my Hibs brethren. Proud, that there was nothing more that I could have done to support our cause.

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 11:42 AM

He also "knew" that it was going to be an Aberdeen/Celtic final.

Total plum of a man.