PDA

View Full Version : 90 mins or ET or pens

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 09:15 PM
Was having a discussion with my mate at the pub and he asked me. Would you rather beat them in 90 mins or ET or pens? I said any as long as we win, i couldn't give a hell. But i did say it would be absolutely fantastic if we won on it on pens the same way man utd won the CL on pens against chelski in Moscow. Like imagine the laughter and the sweetness if black or skacel had the chance to win it but slipped at the heart of the moment and it hit the woodwork or went high, wide over the bar and we went on to win it from there! That would be the greatest moment or even better since Sir Albert Kidd in 86!

So what do you guys prefer? 90 mins or ET or pens?

Sean1875
13-05-2012, 09:19 PM
90 minutes. Takes away any excuse they could come up with for luck or anything. Beat them in 90 minutes, fair and square, no excuses. And also I reckon id probably soil myself if it went to penalties which may hinder my celebrations slightly.

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Was having a discussion with my mate at the pub and he asked me. Would you rather beat them in 90 mins or ET or pens? I said any as long as we win, i couldn't give a hell. But i did say it would be absolutely fantastic if we won on it on pens the same way man utd won the CL on pens against chelski in Moscow. Like imagine the laughter and the sweetness if black or skacel had the chance to win it but slipped at the heart of the moment and it hit the woodwork or went high, wide over the bar and we went on to win it from there!

There are lots of dream scenarios that I'd really enjoy: a Roy of the Rovers last minute win like City's today; a penalty shootout (preferably with comedic misses from the above-mentioned fannies); something really despicable like a Hibby cynically bringing down one of their lot who's clean through on goal to protect our lead in the last minute.

That said, I would take anything, absolutely anything, that involves green and white ribbons decorating the cup.

persevere1875
13-05-2012, 09:20 PM
90 mins please, done and dusted in 45 and 45 mins to party :wink:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2012, 09:21 PM
90 minutes. Nerves wouldn't hold out for another 30 minutes plus penalties.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Was having a discussion with my mate at the pub and he asked me. Would you rather beat them in 90 mins or ET or pens? I said any as long as we win, i couldn't give a hell. But i did say it would be absolutely fantastic if we won on it on pens the same way man utd won the CL on pens against chelski in Moscow. Like imagine the laughter and the sweetness if black or skacel had the chance to win it but slipped at the heart of the moment and it hit the woodwork or went high, wide over the bar and we went on to win it from there! That would be the greatest moment or even better since Sir Albert Kidd in 86!

A penalty in the 95th (5th minute of injury time) will do me :greengrin I don't really care if Lee Griffiths falls over his own feet and is hit on the erse by a wayward shot whilst laying on the floor which wrong foots the keeper and gives us the win.

Sir David Gray
13-05-2012, 09:24 PM
I really don't think I would be able to handle penalty kicks next week.

They're nerve racking enough when I'm watching two teams that I don't care about, without the Scottish Cup final against Hearts being decided on penalties. :boo hoo:

essexhibee
13-05-2012, 09:24 PM
Dream scenario?

Hearts to be leading for 85minutes before hibs scoring twice in injury time. A truly heartbreaking result which would be crushing to them. Much like today's result with city.

In all honesty? Couldn't give a flying fig as long as we win it. :aok:

Eyrie
13-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Don't care how long it takes us, just as long as we win the damned thing on Saturday.

Ideal scenario for me though is to be three or four up with fifteen minutes to play.

surreyhibbie
13-05-2012, 09:27 PM
90 mins please, done and dusted in 45 and 45 mins to party :wink:

Perfect. Done and dusted by half time, and 45 minutes to rip the pash out of the few maroon morons still in the ground.

Imagine the stress the yam players would feel with none of their fans left and us singing loud and proud.

No gonna happen like that, but I can dream..:greengrin

Mon Dieu4
13-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Skacel or black OG for me!!!

The Green Goblin
13-05-2012, 09:52 PM
I dont think i could handle pens tbh. 90 minutes = more time to celebrate...

The Green Goblin
13-05-2012, 09:53 PM
And I hope it isn't close either. I hope we humble them

Dinkydoo
14-05-2012, 06:30 AM
90 minutes with at least a 3 goal cushion would be perfect for me :greengrin

14-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Don't think my heart would be able to cope with ET and pens. Get the job done in 90 mins please hibs!

14-05-2012, 12:13 PM
90 minutes. Takes away any excuse they could come up with for luck or anything. Beat them in 90 minutes, fair and square, no excuses. And also I reckon id probably soil myself if it went to penalties which may hinder my celebrations slightly.

They would have a bit of a cheek if they did say that, seen as the last time they won it it was on penalties against the mighty 2nd division Gretna lol!

McSwanky
14-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Pens. My heart is beating faster even thinking about it. Would absolutely love it.

Bring it on.

Wembley67
14-05-2012, 12:23 PM
No danger could I handle pens, would be grown men spewing all around the ground due to nerves....nae chance not in a billion years :sick:

Seveno
14-05-2012, 12:33 PM
A Man City v QPR type of finish would be amazing but a 4-0 lead at half time would be better for my health.

Any way will do me though.

Bristolhibby
14-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Something similar to the last Dunfermline game.

3-0 up within 15 minutes, one of which is a soft penalty.

Then a cheeky one or two when they are pressing late on.

4-0 Hibs.

Ahhhhh dreams!

J

LancashireHibby
14-05-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd rather we have the job done by half-time at the very least!

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 02:46 PM
McPake in the dying seconds of injury time. Just to ram it right up these clowns.

Although, any other method of winning will be satisfactory. :greengrin

HibeeEmma
14-05-2012, 02:47 PM
7 nil, nothing less

joe breezy
14-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Hibs winning is all that matters but 90 minutes would be better probably

JennaFletcher
14-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Ideally in 90 minutes but I would not mind ET or Pens if I knew Hibs were going to win and *that* picture of the Hibs players running to congratulate Mark Brown and celebrate would be priceless! I know that would probably be really bad for everyones state of wellbeing though (seriously!) so probably 90!