PDA

View Full Version : Feeling more relaxed over the weekend

Jamesie
13-05-2012, 07:15 PM
On a personal level, I've actually become a bit more relaxed about the whole Cup Final thing over the weekend.

At 3pm on Saturday we'll see a window open, a portal even, that has only opened to us for a grand total of 990 minutes between 1902 and 19th May. On each occasion it has opened the Holy Grail has been tantalisingly close, within grasp, almost at the end of a tunnel which we've been running towards but never quite made it. Unfortunately that portal has eclipsed every time we've tried to reach into it.

Fate will dictate whether 2012 is our year to reach further than before and finally touch that exclusive exilir. The omens are good, possibly better than ever before. This could be our time...it feels closer than ever before. :flag:

Mikey
13-05-2012, 07:20 PM
The important thing is that we're improving game by game whereas they've just been playing out the season. That could well be the clincher on the day.

It just feels right this time.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2012, 07:20 PM
I feel the opposite!

I'm not working just now (by choice!), but, don't know how I would get through this week sitting behind a desk each day!

VickMackie
13-05-2012, 07:29 PM
It's gonna be a long week but hopefully it will all be worth it with everyone belting out SoL and no doubt many a tear.

I googled the final to see what other forums were talking about the game and the only one I could see was Rotherham and one of their fans just wants to see us win it for SoL. They even paid tribute to hibs and wished their fans were like ours and a club with as much history and tradition. Nice touch.

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 07:37 PM
I think we need to stop bigging the cup up as some sacred holy object and realise that its really just a piece of silver.

The more we big it up, the more difficult it seems to make it to win.

It's just a cup and its well there for the taking.

Amit
13-05-2012, 07:41 PM
The Yams have everything to lose. More pressure on them than us in my opinion.

I'm feeling quite relaxed although I'm sure the nerves will kick in on Saturday (on the bus... Mikey!)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hoywe

Mikey
13-05-2012, 07:42 PM
The Yams have everything to lose. More pressure on them than us in my opinion.

I'm feeling quite relaxed although I'm sure the nerves will kick in on Saturday (on the bus... Mikey!)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hoywe

What are you selling on the bus this time? :greengrin

greenlex
13-05-2012, 07:44 PM
has any Hibs side since 1902 had a better opportunity opponent wise? Not in my time watching Hibs. :flag: We are gonna do it.

bingo70
13-05-2012, 07:44 PM
I think we need to stop bigging the cup up as some sacred holy object and realise that its really just a piece of silver.

The more we big it up, the more difficult it seems to make it to win.

It's just a cup and its well there for the taking.

I think that's why Fenlon has taken them to Ireland for a few days so that's exactly what they're thinking while hearts are here all week constantly being reminded about what happens if they lose, it can't be good for the mindset.

Tell you what though if it works i wish Pat had taken me with them because i'm going to be an absolute mess by saturday, can barely sleep at night now so no idea what i'll be like at the end of the week

Amit
13-05-2012, 07:47 PM
What are you selling on the bus this time? :greengrin

;-) The Waiter's box of tricks will be unveiled on the bus! Got a busy week ahead getting it organised. Aw yeah.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?njtzo3

DH1875
13-05-2012, 07:48 PM
It's having a drastic effect on my home life. Mrs is doing my nut in as she's no a happy bunny. Moaning that all I'm doing is going on about a bloody football game 24/7 and spending to much time on here and the other websites. I've tried and tried explaining it to her but she's just no getting it. Said to her the other day, see when you were planning our wedding well it's like that and if we win it will be one of the greatest days of my life just like the wedding was for her. Didn't go down well at all :duck:.

Saorsa
13-05-2012, 07:51 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/keep-calm-and-don-t-panic.png

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/MONTHEHIBS.gif

Jamesie
13-05-2012, 07:53 PM
has any Hibs side since 1902 had a better opportunity opponent wise? Not in my time watching Hibs. :flag: We are gonna do it.

Airdrie (lost 0-2 in 1924) Aberdeen (lost 1-2 in 1947 having gone 1-0 up in the first minute) and Clyde (lost 0-1 in 1958) have all arguably been easier Finals than this one will be.

bingo70
It's having a drastic effect on my home life. Mrs is doing my nut in as she's no a happy bunny. Moaning that all I'm doing is going on about a bloody football game 24/7 and spending to much time on here and the other websites. I've tried and tried explaining it to her but she's just no getting it. Said to her the other day, see when you were planning our wedding well it's like that and if we win it will be one of the greatest days of my life just like the wedding was for her. Didn't go down well at all :duck:.

Apart from the wedding bit i'm the same. She's a hibby but i'm taking it too far, waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming about it, lying awake thinking about what it'll be like if we win, telling her i wish she was james mcpake, that i think i love pat fenlon, just the usual stuff really but i probably am going on about it a bit too much.

When i heard Mcpake picked up an injury i was all set to make him a get well soon card then i had a moment of clarity and remembered (was reminded) that i'm a thirty year old man that's never even met the guy before!

I'm no convinced i'll see out this week.

bighairyfaeleith

yeah I keep forgetting that she doesn't want to hear than when we win it will be the greatest day of my life. She keeps yapping on about our kids births and wedding days etc:blah::blah::blah:

one day maybe...
13-05-2012, 07:55 PM

I didn't get a ticket but will be back in our hometown for the weekend watching the game with loads of Hibbies and Jambo's mates I grew up with, but I am for some strange reason confident that the streets of Gorebridge will ringing out with Hibs songs all night as we make our way home from the local array (though not so mant these days) of fine establishments. :wink:

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Feeling rather relaxed at the mo myself, but tend not to get too worked up in such circumstances. I'm sure I'll be displaying my usual poker face, and hopefully those riverboat gambler's nerves will help to assuage the tremors of my somewhat more excitable compadres.

Don't suppose any budding meteorologists in our midsts have come up with any prognosis as to the climatic phenomena we are likely to encounter next Saturday?

It would be good to plan one's attire as soon as is humanly possible. Once this has been done, a chap can truly kick back and enjoy the experience of the 'All-Ed', as my chums and I have started to refer to this wizard occasion.

SlickShoes
13-05-2012, 08:04 PM
I am terrified, the closer it get's the worse I feel.

I can't even imagine us winning it, my Granddad lived his whole life and never go to see hibs win this cup so I have always resigned myself to the fact I would never see it.

I suspect by Saturday lunch time I won't have any appetite at all, the worst part for me is all my mates from back home are hearts fans and they have won it twice, they think it will be nice to win it again but for me if hibs win it will be a life changing event.

essexhibee
13-05-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm not relaxed in the slightest :greengrin Feel sick at the thought of next week. Can't bear to watch the game. Think it's the fear of the heartbreak....but then a flash of the pandemonium and absolute ecstasy I would feel if we won it.

Unbearable this waiting game :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
13-05-2012, 08:16 PM
The Semi-Final and Final build up have coincided with my Thesis and final exams, and coincidentally they have also coincided with the nose-dive in any chance I had of passing:greengrin.

I've got to say though, the usual feeling of nerves and dread surrounding the derby are nowhere to be seen.

For some reason I have a total calmness, as if I know it is the time we all head to the promise land.

SOL, 20,000+ Hibees, the Holy Grail, it's just a matter of days away:agree:

Amit
13-05-2012, 08:19 PM
What's that's brand...

Keep Calm and.....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0pyzd

Barney McGrew
13-05-2012, 08:22 PM
I'm no convinced i'll see out this week.

That'll be up to your Mrs to make that call. You're not allowed to make decisions anymore. :greengrin

bingo70
13-05-2012, 08:24 PM
That'll be up to your Mrs to make that call. You're not allowed to make decisions anymore. :greengrin

Christ, dinnae you start.

Macaroon
I googled the final to see what other forums were talking about the game and the only one I could see was Rotherham and one of their fans just wants to see us win it for SoL. They even paid tribute to hibs and wished their fans were like ours and a club with as much history and tradition. Nice touch.

I did the same but wasn't too enjoyable.

The amount of english fans who think that Hibs are just a mini-celtic and Hearts are a mini-Rangers with the same sectarian bile between the two clubs is infuriating. They just assume that we are just as bad as the OF.. The whole point of the hype leading up to this final is that there will be none of that surrounding the match and there can be a huge, all-or-nothing football game in Scotland without the ridiculous BS that comes with an OF game.

Barney McGrew
Christ, dinnae you start.

:tee hee:

Macaroon
13-05-2012, 08:25 PM
What's that's brand...

Keep Calm and.....

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0pyzd

Garry O'n :greengrin

greenlex
13-05-2012, 08:34 PM
I didn't get a ticket but will be back in our hometown for the weekend watching the game with loads of Hibbies and Jambo's mates I grew up with, but I am for some strange reason confident that the streets of Gorebridge will ringing out with Hibs songs all night as we make our way home from the local array (though not so mant these days) of fine establishments. :wink:
Spent a lot of last night conversing on facebook with folk from 30 years ago. Twas really strange. :greengrin

PatHead
13-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Feeling rather relaxed at the mo myself, but tend not to get too worked up in such circumstances. I'm sure I'll be displaying my usual poker face, and hopefully those riverboat gambler's nerves will help to assuage the tremors of my somewhat more excitable compadres.

Don't suppose any budding meteorologists in our midsts have come up with any prognosis as to the climatic phenomena we are likely to encounter next Saturday?

It would be good to plan one's attire as soon as is humanly possible. Once this has been done, a chap can truly kick back and enjoy the experience of the 'All-Ed', as my chums and I have started to refer to this wizard occasion.

9 degrees, wind speed 5.9mph from North, 10 per cent chance of showers in afternoon. Think blazer will be suitable.

HibbySpurs
13-05-2012, 08:44 PM
Its all consuming now, I think during the scramble for tickets I had something else to occupy my mind.... Now tickets are not an issue and know I'll be there, it's starting to consume me...

Try not to dream, dare not to hope, try to stay calm, irritabilty becomes more common, sleep becomes harder to attain, nothing can hold the attnetion, people say things your not listening, that gnawing in the pit of the stomach gets a bit more noticble day by day. Your worried, your already biting your nails you know its coming but come 15:00 on Sturday all that will be swept away and hopefully We'll be on our way to glory.....

:flag::hibees:hibees:flag:

madabouthibs
13-05-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm feeling quite relaxed, tickets gotten, train booked, new trainers....... in fact, I'm just heading for another jobby right now! :worried::worried::whistle:

Amit
13-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Garry O'n :greengrin

I think Petrie has missed an opportunity there!

How long will it take to get a print shop to make these!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gcjmya

VickMackie
13-05-2012, 09:00 PM
I did the same but wasn't too enjoyable.

The amount of english fans who think that Hibs are just a mini-celtic and Hearts are a mini-Rangers with the same sectarian bile between the two clubs is infuriating. They just assume that we are just as bad as the OF.. The whole point of the hype leading up to this final is that there will be none of that surrounding the match and there can be a huge, all-or-nothing football game in Scotland without the ridiculous BS that comes with an OF game.

What other club forums did u see us discussed? I could only find the one.

Frankie Boyle was saying the same pish on twitter which doesn't help.

Littlest Hobo
13-05-2012, 09:13 PM
The 1902 thing has only really reared it's ugly head since Hearts won it in 98. Before that I can't remember the media and them saying very much about it. It's them that's made this into a big deal. Ye it would be nice to win the blooming thing but I don't see why our generations teams should be burdened with such a historical fact that has only really become relevant because it's the only thing that underachieving lot from Gorgie can dig up. I hope we tan their ***** and shut them up once and for all. Forever in your shadow..... I don't think so.

Sammy7nil
13-05-2012, 10:01 PM
The 1902 thing has only really reared it's ugly head since Hearts won it in 98. Before that I can't remember the media and them saying very much about it. It's them that's made this into a big deal. Ye it would be nice to win the blooming thing but I don't see why our generations teams should be burdened with such a historical fact that has only really become relevant because it's the only thing that underachieving lot from Gorgie can dig up. I hope we tan their ***** and shut them up once and for all. Forever in your shadow..... I don't think so.

to be fair in 1997 it was ONLY 95 years :greengrin
As the 100yrs approached the number was always going to be a cause for concern :greengrin

Next year it won't matter a jot :wink: 1 yr and counting

truehibernian
13-05-2012, 10:11 PM
I thought big Craig was going to burst on Sportscene there......very passionate. Liked the 'them' reference Craigie Boy.....top man !

joe breezy
13-05-2012, 10:14 PM

I had a light, summery CP jacket planned but it's going to be quite chilly apparently so it's back to the wardrobe drawing board...

Wembley67
13-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Friday is going to be a nightmare!

Bristolhibby
13-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I liken this to going into an exam that you know you have not prepared. You know that feeling?

You think you may be able to wing it, after all you have been to most of the lectures and tutorials.

But there's that fear that it can all go wrong, right up to the moment you turn that paper over.

15:00 on Saturday will be that paper turning moment.

J

Bristolhibby
13-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Friday is going to be a nightmare!

That's why I am going tithe pub to get leathered.

J

Wembley67
13-05-2012, 10:45 PM
That's why I am going tithe pub to get leathered.

J

Baws to that...I know ill end up getting a **** of a hangover so off to the gym, well the jacuzzi for a few hours

Dashing Bob S
13-05-2012, 11:40 PM
9 degrees, wind speed 5.9mph from North, 10 per cent chance of showers in afternoon. Think blazer will be suitable.

Many thanks.

brydekirk
14-05-2012, 04:54 AM
Ffs, thats it started already,5 days to go and struggling to sleep. Mon the hibs.

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 06:07 AM
Unusually calm considering it's the biggest Edinburgh derby in our time. Lets face it, we're going to win it again sometime, it might be Saturday, it might be next year or the year after, the time factor is not that important to us, but to THEM, it's monumental, this is a must win game for them and they are *****ting themselves about failing. The song book would need to be rewritten, but maybe not, they might not be here in the very near future now that Vlad has said he won't fund them anymore. They are paying this years salaries with next seasons ST money, what have we got to worry about?

GGTTH

PatHead
14-05-2012, 08:17 AM
Unusually calm considering it's the biggest Edinburgh derby in our time. Lets face it, we're going to win it again sometime, it might be Saturday, it might be next year or the year after, the time factor is not that important to us, but to THEM, it's monumental, this is a must win game for them and they are *****ting themselves about failing. The song book would need to be rewritten, but maybe not, they might not be here in the very near future now that Vlad has said he won't fund them anymore. They are paying this years salaries with next seasons ST money, what have we got to worry about?

GGTTH

Sound business plan. Rangers have been doing it for years and haven't heard of any problems there.

Frazerbob
14-05-2012, 08:40 AM
I got married a few weeks ago and have slipped up a few times when trying to explain to the wife how big a deal this game is. She hasn't taken too kindly to me describing it as potentially the biggest and best day of my life! Apparently it won't even be the best day of my year!

Steve-O
14-05-2012, 09:23 AM
No much relaxation on the other side of the world either...:greengrin

Lay awake half the night last night imagining various scenarios, finding it hard to concentrate at work and just totally focused on getting to Sydney on Saturday...my version of Glasgow for the big day!

Johnforr
14-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Think I'll only relax a bit when my ticket arrives ......... Postie ........ GET IT SORTED