PDA

View Full Version : City of Edinburgh Council Spoil Sports

Jack
13-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Did these tubes not say just a few weeks ago they would do what they could to help celebrate this historic cup final?

Fans traveling from all corners of the globe like some Mary and Joseph back to Bethlehem pilgrimage.

Drinking establishments on both sides were making plans for super parties to celebrate this great occasion. Many of them requesting late licenses.

So while the Edinburgh club and late pub fraternity hold their standard 3am license for visiting stag and hen parties those football establishments wanting to celebrate their teams win have been told to bolt and will be restricted to 1am at the latest.

Wouldn't it have been better for the football fans to be in there own places?

Does anyone else think those celebrating and consoling themselves might clash with the stags and hens?

Oh, and just how many license extensions will be granted during the 'for the tourist' Festival?

Saorsa
13-05-2012, 02:40 PM
So what's new, fitba fans treated like **** by the police and the authorities, we're the worst of the worst, don't ya know.

They seem very smug and pleased with themselves that they've turned all the applications down though, ****in' ****ers

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 02:42 PM
It's a safe bet that if the tarts some how win the final, Edinburgh council will bend every rule in the book for them.

marinello59
13-05-2012, 02:52 PM
So what's new, fitba fans treated like **** by the police and the authorities, we're the worst of the worst, don't ya know.

They seem very smug and pleased with themselves that they've turned all the applications down though, ****in' ****ers

:agree:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2012, 02:55 PM
I'll be in bed by 1am.

Anyone know of any pubs open early Saturday morning for a few swallies.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 02:56 PM
To be fair, i will be completely bolloxed by 1am anyway, and ready for my bed easily completely pashed. :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
13-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Even worse, the polis have been round all the boozers in the gilmerton, liberton area recommending that they shut at six!!

heretoday
13-05-2012, 02:59 PM
If we win the cup I'll not need to drink to celebrate. I'll be walking on air.

Billie Jo
13-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Even worse, the polis have been round all the boozers in the gilmerton, liberton area recommending that they shut at six!!

Better no :no way:

Mate just confimed it, Libby + Northfield say if your in, you can stay in till 10pm, but doors will close @ 6pm.

Anybody know if it will be the same in Leith?

Betty Boop
13-05-2012, 04:27 PM
It's a safe bet that if the tarts some how win the final, Edinburgh council will bend every rule in the book for them.

Yup, the council choc full of Jambos. :agree:

ekhibee
13-05-2012, 04:44 PM

yep, no surprises there.

PaulSmith
13-05-2012, 05:15 PM

That rings a bell now after 2006 when they shut most boozers about 8 ish on the Sunday.

Jamesie
13-05-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm going to buck the trend here and say that I think the Council has probably called it spot on (possibly the first time I've ever said that :greengrin) in terms of refusing licence extensions in the city centre on Saturday. Leith or Gorgie might have been a different story though, mind you.

Like it or not, a certain element on each side will probably be out to cause bother next Saturday night and the last thing that's needed is another couple of hours bevvying time to add extra fuel to that.

I for one won't be going near the city centre even if we win and it will either be Leith or home for me.

NAE NOOKIE
13-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Wouldnt dream of going to the city centre next Saturday if we do win. Its Leith for me, but dont know what the Police position will be regarding pubs outwith the city centre.

If they have any sense they will leave Leith (and gorgie for that matter I suppose) alone to get on with things.

This is starting to look like total over reaction again .... Everybody has to suffer just because a few idiots might get out of hand.

It is the job of the Police and the city council for that matter to Police and oversee events .... in this country especially its beginning to look like the way to do that is just to cave in to the morons by stopping anybody having a good time ... thats not policing, thats capitulation.

NOLA
13-05-2012, 05:31 PM
my fridge will be stacked oot no matter what happens :agree:

NOLA
13-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Wouldnt dream of going to the city centre next Saturday if we do win. Its Leith for me, but dont know what the Police position will be regarding pubs outwith the city centre.

If they have any sense they will leave Leith (and gorgie for that matter I suppose) alone to get on with things.

This is starting to look like total over reaction again .... Everybody has to suffer just because a few idiots might get out of hand.

It is the job of the Police and the city council for that matter to Police and oversee events ..... in this country especially its beginning to look like the way to do that is just to cave in to the morons by stopping anybody having a good time ... thats not policing, thats Puritanical :wink:.

Bishop Hibee
13-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Utter joke.

Not allowing pubs in Leith/Gorgie to extend their hours means more fans going into the city centre where there will be carnage whatever the result. Town will be mobbed with the CL final on and a long weekend for many.
I'll have a good stock of drink in the house in case we can't get in our local. Fans of the team that loses will not get back to Edinburgh until 7.00 at the earliest with the winners later than that.

I'll enjoy a little drink 'al fresco' when the trophy is paraded on the Sunday though :pray:

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 06:14 PM
Don't see a massive problem with this TBH, by 1am the majority of people would have a good skinful and be ready to go home.

offshorehibby
13-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Can't see the problem, if i'm not pished by 1am then i'll be disappointed. Up early and into Tamsons for 12:30 Sunday for the ongoing victory crenellations.

I'm_cabbaged
14-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Being told now that every pub in the Southside is closing at six and some of them five!! Is this for real? Was only a few weeks ago they wanted to play the game at murrayfield and turning the city in to a carnival of football, fannies.

clerriehibs
14-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Did these tubes not say just a few weeks ago they would do what they could to help celebrate this historic cup final?

Fans traveling from all corners of the globe like some Mary and Joseph back to Bethlehem pilgrimage.

Drinking establishments on both sides were making plans for super parties to celebrate this great occasion. Many of them requesting late licenses.

So while the Edinburgh club and late pub fraternity hold their standard 3am license for visiting stag and hen parties those football establishments wanting to celebrate their teams win have been told to bolt and will be restricted to 1am at the latest.

Wouldn't it have been better for the football fans to be in there own places?

Does anyone else think those celebrating and consoling themselves might clash with the stags and hens?

Oh, and just how many license extensions will be granted during the 'for the tourist' Festival?

had the rugger lot made it to their final, late licences would not have been a problem on the 19th.