PDA

View Full Version : More yam nonsense? (trophies won by Hibs and Hearts players)

Pretty Boy
13-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Was speaking to a Hearts fan, a proper neanderthal one as well, and he stated to me that they had the cup in the bag because 'we have a team full of cup winners'. He then went on to name a couple, Webster and Skacel being the 2 I remember.

However it got me thinking that there actually can't be much difference in the number of cup winners in each squad.

By my reckoning we have:

Mark Brown - League Cup Celtic
Ivan Sproule - League Cup Hibernian
Lewis Stevenson - League Cup Hibernian
Garry O'Connor - Russian Cup Lokomotiv Moscow (scored the winner)
Eoin Doyle - Irish Cup x2 Sligo Rovers
Leigh Griffiths - Challenge Cup Dundee
Paddy Fenlon - As a player = 3 x League of Ireland titles, 2 x Irish Cup, 1 x Irish Premier League title, 2 x IFA Cups. As a manager = 5 x Irish League titles, 1 x Irish Cup, 1 x Irish League Cup, 1 x Setanta Cup
Jorge Claros - 2 x Honduran leagues, 1 x UNCAF cup.

Not a bad list of honours really. Anyone I'm missing from the Hibs list and anyone know how this compares, favourably or otherwise, with Hearts?

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Was speaking to a Hearts fan, a proper neanderthal one as well, and he stated to me that they had the cup in the bag because 'we have a team full of cup winners'. He then went on to name a couple, Webster and Skacel being the 2 I remember.

However it got me thinking that there actually can't be much difference in the number of cup winners in each squad.

By my reckoning we have:

Paddy Fenlon - As a player = 3 x League of Ireland titles, 2 x Irish Cup, 1 x Irish Premier League title, 2 x IFA Cups. As a manager = 5 x Irish League titles, 1 x Irish Cup, 1 x Irish League Cup, 1 x Setanta Cup

Not a bad list of honours really. Anyone I'm missing from the Hibs list and anyone know how this compares, favourably or otherwise, with Hearts?

All totally irrelevant, FFS haven't you got it yet!!!! It's the BIG cup that counts, nothing else even comes close. Come on man surely you know that, we just haven't got the BIG cup mentality, we're doomed they tell you.....................doomed!!!!

franco
13-05-2012, 10:09 AM

By my reckoning we have:

Let them think what they want mate , its a good think they are over confident because at the end of the day its hearts we are playing not barcelona , if we get stuck in about them we will win

littleplum
13-05-2012, 10:34 AM

By my reckoning we have:

You can add Beattie to Skacel and Webster but looking through their squad I can't see any other cup winners.

Beefster
13-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Paulo Sergio - won **** all in his managerial career.

Pat Fenlon - won plenty in his managerial career.

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2012, 10:43 AM
I would never describe any of that lot as ''winners'', tramps maybe but winners no chance.

Gavin1875
13-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Had Andy Webster not been emptied by the time they played Gretna??

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 10:49 AM

Yes he had. He never had a winners medal as vlad kicked him out.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:50 AM

Maybe but he's won it since.

hfc rd

By my reckoning we have:

Don't forget gazz also won the championship title with Birmingham.

Pretty Boy

He had but he won the Scottish Cup with Dundee Utd.

woodythehibee
13-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Maybe but he's won it since.

Captained utd a couple of years ago :agree:

Gavin1875
13-05-2012, 10:54 AM
He had but he won the Scottish Cup with Dundee Utd.

Agh right enough, forgot about him being there:(

EuanH78
13-05-2012, 11:04 AM
All the bravado in the world doesnt change anything for them. You see, they know (deep down) that all this big team/ docksiders/ special relationship with the cup is their own self inflated ego and the reality as far, far different and that the proof will be on Saturday - And they know that too.

The fear from the idiot jambos I've spoken to is palpable, you can almost taste it.

On the other hand, we have it all against us really, pish Scottish Cup record, pish derby record, pish season et al. No one could expect us to win really eh? Someone on the bounce very eloquently called it 'A narrative arc'. Destiny, if you will. If you were writing a book or script it would be the final battle where everything seems against the eponymous hero and yet...

The yams know this too. On their watch, what finer way for Hibs to break our Scottish cup jinx and at the same time destroy the ego of the self titled 'heart and soul of Edinburgh'

It's perfect.

Paisley Hibby
13-05-2012, 11:08 AM
All the bravado in the world doesnt change anything for them. You see, they know (deep down) that all this big team/ docksiders/ special relationship with the cup is their own self inflated ego and the reality as far, far different and that the proof will be on Saturday - And they know that too.

The fear from the idiot jambos I've spoken to is palpable, you can almost taste it.

On the other hand, we have it all against us really, pish Scottish Cup record, pish derby record, pish season et al. No one could expect us to win really eh? Someone on the bounce very eloquently called it 'A narrative arc'. Destiny, if you will. If you were writing a book or script it would be the final battle where everything seems against the eponymous hero and yet...

The yams know this too. On their watch, what finer way for Hibs to break our Scottish cup jinx and at the same time destroy the ego of the self titled 'heart and soul of Edinburgh'

It's perfect.

:top marks

Jamesie
13-05-2012, 12:06 PM

It's perfect.

:top marks Nothing else need be said.

cocopops1875
13-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Had the misfortune to be in the company of one mouthy dribbling idiot last night, "big team big cup we win derbys you never win them we will ****** yous" all that good stuff i said "right mate tell you what im man enough to go next week, take the loss go home to my pit and play golf on sunday. Can you say the same ?" i swear i have never seen someone go so white in my life as the reality sunk in :hibees i left with him saying he thought it was maybe our time :agree:

Bostonhibby
13-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Did he mention Gary in his count?

WindyMiller
13-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Did he mention Gary in his count?

Or Craig?

Makaveli
13-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Paulo Sergio - won **** all in his managerial career.

Pat Fenlon - won plenty in his managerial career.

^^^ :agree: ^^^

Fenlon is a winner.

Sergio is a tramp.

Our name's on the cup.