PDA

View Full Version : Ian Murray

F5 HFC
13-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Can anyone tell me the date of Ian Murray's first game for his new team against Hibs at E.R.
A friend's going back home and that game was his first taste of Hibernian F.C in the East Stand, he then became a permanent feature in the East next to Me and my normally placid wife.

Beefster
13-05-2012, 07:21 AM
You'll find it here, I'd imagine.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/index.php

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Dont know when his first game was, but i'd have loved next week to have been his last. I know he's a Hibby, and would love him to have come on with a few minutes left with us winning, but i dont think he can make the 5 subs.

He's hardly played for us this season, his injuries have caught up with him. I have never been his biggest fan, but i know he will be hurting when left out next week.

3pm
13-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Dont know when his first game was, but i'd have loved next week to have been his last. I know he's a Hibby, and would love him to have come on with a few minutes left with us winning, but i dont think he can make the 5 subs.

He's hardly played for us this season, his injuries have caught up with him. I have never been his biggest fan, but i know he will be hurting when left out next week.

He'll get over it.

No sentiment next week. He rightly took sentiment out things when he had the opportunity to go to Ibrox so he can't complain when he's left out.

However, he can play a role by motivating the others around him. And I hope he does.

Jamesie
13-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Point made to me yesterday - Murray's the type of player you want to bring on with us 1-0 up with ten minutes to go. You can guarantee that if Skacel was clean through and Murray the last man with a couple of minutes left he'd happily sacrifice himself and take the red card for the team.

mentalhibee
13-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Point made to me yesterday - Murray's the type of player you want to bring on with us 1-0 up with ten minutes to go. You can guarantee that if Skacel was clean through and Murray the last man with a couple of minutes left he'd happily sacrifice himself and take the red card for the team.

I'd have Murray on the bench over O'hanlon as he's versatile and always puts in a good performance against hearts.

Hibby cal
13-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd also put him on the bench to.
He maybe short of match fitness
But in a game like this it's amazing
What adrenalin can do for you.
He would have hibs pumping
Through his blood and give 200%
for the cause .ggtth:pfgwa

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd also put him on the bench to.
He maybe short of match fitness
But in a game like this it's amazing
What adrenalin can do for you.
He would have hibs pumping
Through his blood and give 200%
for the cause .ggtth:pfgwa

Not for me, not fit or good enough even for the bench.

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Not for me, not fit or good enough even for the bench.

I agree. Unfortunately he is finished at this level. But I hope he goes up with Mcpake and the both of them lift the cup up together.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 12:53 PM
I agree. Unfortunately he is finished at this level. But I hope he goes up with Mcpake and the both of them lift the cup up together.

Again i disagree, i want our captain to go up and lift the cup, then pass it along the line to the rest. Murray can be in that line imo. I dont like this two folk lifting the cup lark, and i include our last win in 2007.

Beefster
13-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Again i disagree, i want our captain to go up and lift the cup, then pass it along the line to the rest. Murray can be in that line imo. I dont like this two folk lifting the cup lark, and i include our last win in 2007.

I'm with you. McPake's the captain.

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 12:58 PM

I know what you mean. But I think a hibee should also be one of the first to lift it. They've waited nearly 110 years for this moment and it just feels right for a lifelong hibs fan to do what every past and present hibs player and fan have been craving for.

danhibees1875
13-05-2012, 01:19 PM

I agree in 07, brown shouldn't have lifted it.

Murray is our club captain after all, life-long hibs fan and given 10 years to the club.

As much as mcpake is great, there is a chance he won't be here next year. I don't think a half year loan player should lift the cup himself.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree in 07, brown shouldn't have lifted it.

Murray is our club captain after all, life-long hibs fan and given 10 years to the club.

As much as mcpake is great, there is a chance he won't be here next year. I don't think a half year loan player should lift the cup himself.

Again i disagree, we'd be nowhere near hampden on Saturday if Murray was playing regularly.

Someone who does not play in the final should not get to lift it first. I want to see our winning captain lift that cup, no matter how long he's been at the club and thats McPake.

.Sean.
13-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Can anyone tell me the date of Ian Murray's first game for his new team against Hibs at E.R.
A friend's going back home and that game was his first taste of Hibernian F.C in the East Stand, he then became a permanent feature in the East next to Me and my normally placid wife.

The first time Murray visited Easter Road as a Rangers player was October/November 2005. Riordan and O'Connor scored early on, Hibs won 2-1 and it should've been 5 or 6.

lucky
13-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Murray will be lucky to make the bench. McPake should lift the cup. He will lead the team on the day

Hibs Class
13-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Murray will be lucky to make the bench. McPake should lift the cup. He will lead the team on the day

The captain on the pitch on the day should lift it.

marinello59
13-05-2012, 01:33 PM
The first time Murray visited Easter Road as a Rangers player was October/November 2005. Riordan and O'Connor scored early on, Hibs won 2-1 and it should've been 5 or 6.

I remember before the game the talk on here was which player would be first to get a sore tackle in to Murray. I don't think anybody guessed that it would be Deeks.

Albion Hibs
13-05-2012, 05:40 PM
Again i disagree, we'd be nowhere near hampden on Saturday if Murray was playing regularly.

Someone who does not play in the final should not get to lift it first. I want to see our winning captain lift that cup, no matter how long he's been at the club and thats McPake.

The club captain should lift the cup, end of for me. I would not have a half season loan player lifting anything instead of someone who is a hibby and has given such a long part of his career to hibs. but I am not surprised you think that.

It has been very positive on here of late, you must have been bored, none the less this thread must have delighted you!

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 05:54 PM

I'd rather we didn't bring Murray on at 1-0 up, so Skacel doesn't manage to get through in the first place. :wink:

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 05:54 PM
I'd have Murray on the bench over O'hanlon as he's versatile and always puts in a good performance against hearts.

:confused: Are you sure about that?

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 05:59 PM
The club captain should lift the cup, end of for me. I would not have a half season loan player lifting anything instead of someone who is a hibby and has given such a long part of his career to hibs. but I am not surprised you think that.

It has been very positive on here of late, you must have been bored, none the less this thread must have delighted you!

No surprise that you're the one that comes on a thread about Murray and slags someone off for having an opinion that differs from you and your Murray love in. Get a grip there's many different opinions on the subject!

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Quality, you really are an .................. nearly. :faf:

Jonnyboy
13-05-2012, 07:48 PM

:agree:

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/game.php?gameid=4791

Deeklipse
13-05-2012, 08:36 PM

I remember the game. Brown and Thomson took the mick out of Ferguson. Murray looked distraught at the end like he knew he'd made a mistake, and ended up walking off with the Hibs players after his team mates were already off.

patch1875
14-05-2012, 07:11 AM
wouldnt be suprised to see him at livvy next season.

Barney McGrew
14-05-2012, 08:01 AM
I remember before the game the talk on here was which player would be first to get a sore tackle in to Murray. I don't think anybody guessed that it would be Deeks.

That was probably the last tackle he made for us :greengrin

F5 HFC
14-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks Beefster and Sean.