PDA

View Full Version : Hampden - Personal lucky mascot.

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:10 PM
What item will you have with you or wearing at Hampden that you think will work as a lucky mascot and have some contribution to us lifting the Scottish Cup?

In my pocket will be my granddads school medal which in engraved "For perfect attendance between 1901-1908". He was a Hibby as far as I am aware and for all I know he may have seen us lifting the Scottish Cup in 1902. I was very young when he passed on so didn't have the opportunity of asking him.

:flag: :flag: :flag:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Wore the same jumper shirt and jeans to the quarters and semi's, will wear them again this Saturday.

Ozyhibby
12-05-2012, 09:16 PM
My 5 year old. He has a 100% win record at Hampden. Hope it lasts another week.

BoltonHibee
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Wore the same jumper shirt and jeans to the quarters and semi's, will wear them again this Saturday.

If they still fit. Please wash them before the game this time and try and scrape off the remnants of the Hampden pie you had at the semi

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
If they still fit. Please wash them before the game this time and try and scrape off the remnants of the Hampden pie you had at the semi

I would leave them on. :wink:

ronaldo7
12-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Sometime this week, I'll rummage through my Dad's suitcase. It's been a while.

I'll come across something that will hit me between the eyes as " the one".

It will be with me for the final, as he will.

GGTTH

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I haven't missed a Final since 1979. My Dad has always been with me.

This time, he won't be. He is having an operation on Monday to have two toes amputated.

So, in his honour, I will take one of his toes to Hampden.

Will I F. He's a freaking jinx. :greengrin

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I haven't missed a Final since 1979. My Dad has always been with me.

This time, he won't be. He is having an operation on Monday to have two toes amputated.

So, in his honour, I will take one of his toes to Hampden.

Will I F. He's a freaking jinx. :greengrin

Two toes would be some feat. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2012, 09:26 PM

:top marks

Sir David Gray
12-05-2012, 09:32 PM
I'll be wearing my grandmother's cross next Saturday.

She passed away at the end of last year and although she wasn't a Hibs fan and knew nothing about football either, I was really close to her and I'd like to think that she'll be close by next Saturday.

#FromTheCapital
12-05-2012, 09:33 PM

Nailed it

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Nailed it

I'm not so sure. I think it was corny.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm not so sure. I think it was corny.

I love this thread, warts an all.

Tricla
12-05-2012, 09:38 PM

She passed away at the end of last year and although she wasn't a Hibs fan and knew nothing about football either, I was really close to her and I'd like to think that she'll be close by next Saturday.

I'm sure she will be FH.

I entered a raffle at work recently and instead of tickets you got to choose a playing card as your ticket. I chose the '7' of hearts. 😉

I've kept it and will take it to Hampden with me.

You never know!

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Nice one Falkirk. :aok:

hibee_girl
12-05-2012, 09:40 PM

I'm thinking of doing something similar, my auntie passed away very suddenly last year and like your Grandmother wasn't into football, though she had been to see Hibs a few times, she hated to miss out on a party so it feels right to take a photo of her with me and my Grandad.

#FromTheCapital
12-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Think we should stop all these puns before it gets toe much

CropleyWasGod
12-05-2012, 09:45 PM
I love this thread, warts an all.

We only found out today, and of course it was a shock. But, given that his leg was at risk a week or so back, we are philosophical and thankful. The texts have been flying around this evening. The best one was

"We should donate his Tutsis. But Hutu?"

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 09:57 PM
I heard of someone who was going to takes his father's ashes with him to Hampden but thought twice about it when he read that you couldn't take your own pop into the stadium.

#FromTheCapital
12-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Don't have any good luck charms as such but have banished anything that resembles a heart from my presence recently. My gf has a top covered in hearts that she wore the day hearts beat celtic in the semi. She has been politely told to get it to f*%k in the coming week along with any other heart shaped miscellaneous. TIOY!!! GGTTH!!

Northernhibee
12-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Last few times I've had a bovril at the game we've gone on to win.

So I'm having a bovril.

Hibercelona
12-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I'll be wearing 5 different Hibs tops on the day.

I sure hope its a cold day here. :greengrin

EuanH78
12-05-2012, 10:18 PM
I heard of someone who was going to takes his father's ashes with him to Hampden but thought twice about it when he read that you couldn't take your own pop into the stadium.

Actually, I am going to take a small amount of my Dads ashes with me. He was a Hibby and it feelss right that he should be there and with me..

Westie1875
12-05-2012, 10:21 PM
My cup final scarf from 2007, took it to the semi and will be taking it again on Sat. :flag:

iwasthere1972
12-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Actually, I am going to take a small amount of my Dads ashes with me. He was a Hibby and it feelss right that he should be there and with me..

Good on you.

stu in nottingham
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
What item will you have with you or wearing at Hampden that you think will work as a lucky mascot and have some contribution to us lifting the Scottish Cup?

In my pocket will be my granddads school medal which in engraved "For perfect attendance between 1901-1908". He was a Hibby as far as I am aware and for all I know he may have seen us lifting the Scottish Cup in 1902. I was very young when he passed on so didn't have the opportunity of asking him.

That's really nice.

I have a rosary from the Vatican which I think I will tuck in my pocket when I catch the train up from England. Pretty sure my ancestors will be walking amongst me and my friends too. This is our time.

Hibby cal
12-05-2012, 11:02 PM
This time I'm not going with my dad
We won against Dunfermline he was there
We lost against livi he was there
We won against killie he was there
So this time he's not going

Scouse Hibee
12-05-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm taking **** all because superstition is the biggest load of ****** ever dreamt up by man! I really hope I haven't jinxed Hibs by making that comment!

NaeTechnoHibby
13-05-2012, 01:07 AM
Apart from one of my bar scarfs, I will be head to toe in all new stuff :agree:

I am not doing superstition :flag:

Need to get new green shoes :cb

Ryan91
13-05-2012, 01:20 AM
Wish I could take the two scarves I took to the CIS final in 07, sadly though I threw one of them on the pitch for the players, ended up around Scott Brown's neck when he lifted the Cup with big Jones. Perhaps I ought to invest in a cheap-ish scarf for Saturday?

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2012, 02:43 AM
I'll be going to see KaimendHibs
If the semi is anything to go by it's lucky to be promised bacon rolls by visiting him en route then finding out he hasn't actually got any bacon.
I look forward to the lucky dry toast!
I never mention this.
Ever
Especially not to his colleagues

kaimendhibs
13-05-2012, 04:01 PM
I'll be going to see KaimendHibs
If the semi is anything to go by it's lucky to be promised bacon rolls by visiting him en route then finding out he hasn't actually got any bacon.
I look forward to the lucky dry toast!
I never mention this.
Ever
Especially not to his colleagues

Gonna have huge platters of bacon rolls including a selection of extra crispy for cup final day. Glad to know my failure to feed everyone has remained a secret:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
13-05-2012, 06:24 PM
Gonna have huge platters of bacon rolls including a selection of extra crispy for cup final day. Glad to know my failure to feed everyone has remained a secret:wink:

I'll be printing this for proof on the 19th! :greengrin

13-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Taken my pal with me who I also took to the semi, i've never been with her at a game where we have lost and that includes two derbies, one at ER and one at Tynie.