PDA

View Full Version : Doherty injury

H18sry
12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Hope he recovers before Saturday, but sounds a sore one.

Sean1875
12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
knew things were going too well :rolleyes:

hfc rd
12-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hope it's nothing big. Really struggling in the full back positions now.

Booked4Being-Ugly
12-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Why was one of our most important players not subbed earlier?.....mental!

Macaroon
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
To be perfectly honest. It could have happened to someone worse.

Would be a big blow, but Griffiths/GO'C would have been disastrous.

Spike Mandela
12-05-2012, 03:54 PM

Don't know. I think he is one of our best players in an attacking sense.

H18sry
Francomb is a natural replacement if he can't make it.

hfc rd
Waiting for PF interview to hear if Doherty's injury is a serious one. I sincerely hope it is just a small knock and that he fine.

bingo70
12-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Hope it's nothing big. Really struggling in the full back positions now.

Not really, Francomb can play right back and left back we've got Kujabi (who's not been ruled out yet) and Booth.

Not ideal though as Doherty is class but i do think we've got plenty cover there.

S4uzee
12-05-2012, 03:58 PM
This really annoys me why was he even playing and even still should have been subbed early instead of o'donovan who might not even make the bench next week!

GoldenMeerkat
12-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Todays starting line-up should have been filled with fringe players and young pups, no need to play our most important players in what was a meaningless match.

hfc rd
12-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Todays starting line-up should have been filled with fringe players and young pups, no need to play our most important players in what was a meaningless match.

Exactly. Really angry if Doherty is ruled out next sat.

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM
Stop panicking, he will be fine. There's a week to go, the gimps play tomorrow remember, time for one or two to get hurt as well with less recovery time.

Sean1875
12-05-2012, 04:02 PM

We had arguably 6 non-first team starters. If Doherty hadn't got injured there absolutely nobody would have been saying that it was a mad ricidulous decision to play and risk him as hes such a key central figure. Just incredibly unlucky.

Hainan Hibs
12-05-2012, 04:03 PM
We could put Francomb in at RB but, tin hat on time, I'm worried Kujabi could be ripped up for arse paper next Saturday and I'd like to see Francomb at LB instead.

Hope Doherty is alright:agree:

hibee_girl
It's not the end of the world, it's not McPake and we have Francomb!

Holmesdale Hibs
Towell should have played i stead of Doherty and Doyle should have played instead of GOC/Griffiths.

ruthven_raiders

To be honest he has been every bit as important as griffiths goc and Mcpake, he is a major threat at set pieces and defensively too

Northernhibee
12-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Exactly. Really angry if Doherty is ruled out next sat.

He's a young kid who needs regular football to keep him match fit, it's bad luck above anything else.

Littlest Hobo

I can't believe we would risk any of our key players before the CF.

We have experience with bad luck before a big derby against them with injuries, why would we want to go through that again. Ffs!

S4uzee
Towell should have played i stead of Doherty and Doyle should have played instead of GOC/Griffiths.

100% correct regarding towell, I agree with francomb playing at left back incase kujabi doesn't make it

--------
12-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Stop panicking, he will be fine. There's a week to go, the gimps play tomorrow remember, time for one or two to get hurt as well with less recovery time.

Here we go again .... :rolleyes:

He took a knock right at the end, came straight off and will have been seen by the physios right away. As you say, he'll be fine. :agree:

Golden Bear
12-05-2012, 04:09 PM
So was he carried off or did he walk off?

According to the text commentary he was penalised for making an unfair challenge in 89 minutes 42 seconds. I suppose the injury could still have happened after this though.

Macaroon
12-05-2012, 04:11 PM
So was he carried off or did he walk off?

According to the text commentary he was penalised for making an unfair challenge in 89 minutes 42 seconds. I suppose the injury could still have happened after this though.

He walked off on the shoulders of the Hibs physio and sproule

PeterboroHibee
12-05-2012, 04:15 PM

I disagree, I think Doherty is one of our best players. Reliable at the back and hes really good going forward! I like Francomb and he would be the one to come in, but he isnt as good a RB as Doherty.

Until hes confirmed as out there is no point in panicking however.

Golden Bear
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM

He's a trapeeze artist as well as a talented football player then.?

:wink:

Broken Gnome
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM

There's been a few times Doherty's gone down looking like he's at death's door; hopefully is nowhere near as bad as it looked at the time.

He's important, as Hearts will be getting full backs and wide men forward. Francomb would do, but would feel a lot better with Doherty there. Good steady guy capable of dishing out a fair kicking or two.

Macaroon
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Phew

Stevo1875
12-05-2012, 04:23 PM
from twiter...

Hibernian FC ‏ @HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/#!/HibernianFCClub)
Matt Doherty picked up a slight injury to his foot, but early signs are encouraging concerning next Saturday

Collapse (https://twitter.com/#)

Reply (https://twitter.com/#)
Retweeted (https://twitter.com/#)
Favorite (https://twitter.com/#)

hfc rd
12-05-2012, 04:28 PM
from twiter...

Hibernian FC ‏ @HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/#!/HibernianFCClub)
Matt Doherty picked up a slight injury to his foot, but early signs are encouraging concerning next Saturday

Good news. I was fearing the worst their a moment ago.

TornadoHibby
12-05-2012, 04:33 PM
I disagree, I think Doherty is one of our best players. Reliable at the back and hes really good going forward! I like Francomb and he would be the one to come in, but he isnt as good a RB as Doherty.

Until hes confirmed as out there is no point in panicking however.

Agree with all of that! :agree:

Hopefully Matt will make it next Saturday and will let some Jumbo or two know exactly what he's made of! :greengrin

KingFranck
12-05-2012, 04:34 PM
It's not the end of the world guys as said elsewhere if it had been GOC, Griffiths or McPake then I'd be worried.
Just glad it's only one injury as I remember walking up to that semi against that mob and hearing the team getting read out , I nearly turned round when I realised how many players were out/left!!

Taken from a forum

Hibs boss Tony Mowbray is sweating on the fitness of three key players ahead of Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-final against them at Hampden. The recent rain is making it difficult to find places to train, and Michael Stewart, Scott Brown and Chris Killen have still to prove their fitness to Mowbray. Brown has been out for two months with a broken leg while Killen picked up an ankle injury against Caley Thistle, although he says he'll play, despite the pain.

Seem to remember Killen didn't make it? That's why I nearly turned round and walked back to the car - wish I had tbh!!!

So Hibs your mission is to keep all final players wrapped in cotton wool from now til Saturday and make up for that one and give us Hibees a year/decade to remember

S4uzee
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
from twiter...

Hibernian FC‏@HibernianFCClub (https://twitter.com/#!/HibernianFCClub)

I think hibs had to say that unfortunately

LeithBoozy
12-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I am firmly in the why (take any risks camp), in a nothing game.The fact he has is very worrying. :rolleyes:

joe breezy
12-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I am firmly in the why (take any risks camp), in a nothing game.The fact he has is very worrying. :rolleyes:

I agree with you but sometimes players are hurt in training games too, more chance getting an injury v a real opposition I suppose, anyway, it's done now, hopefully he recovers...

and hopefully some injuries for them tomorrow

Northernhibee
12-05-2012, 04:39 PM
If it is indeed minor and probably not an issue for next Saturday then there's no need to fret.

Bring on the final. Bring on ninety minutes of the biggest game in our history, bring on ninety minutes of hail hail and glory glory from the loudest Hibernian support there's ever been. Bring on Skacel and Black, bring on Sergio and bring on an opportunity to get the party of a century started. Bring on the chance to achieve what Best, Turnbull, Reilly, Sauzee, Riordan and many others couldn't.

Most of all...
BRING ON THE JAMBOS!

:pfgwa:flag::lg:

Golden Bear
12-05-2012, 04:40 PM

If we had rested the entire first team squad then I've a feeling that the Club could have been in trouble with the legislators.

But I could be wrong.

MSK
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM

:wink::greengrin

hibsbollah
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
To be honest he has been every bit as important as griffiths goc and Mcpake, he is a major threat at set pieces and defensively too

Exactly. Really important player is Doh.

Saorsa
12-05-2012, 04:43 PM
I think hibs had to say that unfortunatelyaye, they just made it up :rolleyes:

Pete
12-05-2012, 04:45 PM
Fenlon put out the right team today. Its a difficult balancing act as some players would need a rest and some need to be kept sharp by getting a full or half game today. Hopefully no more scares between now and the final.

Iggy Pope
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM

:greengrin
We must hope he is getting carried off on his team mates shoulders next week too!

TornadoHibby
12-05-2012, 04:50 PM

What would you rather they had said then? :confused:

Let's not read too much into comments on here at this stage of the Derby Cup Final build up ffs! :rolleyes:

I've just had my Jambo neighbour tell me that he'd heard that we'd had a bad injury today to one of our "star" forwards who now wouldn't play next week and that we were wasting our time making the journey as they would win easily! :wink: :greengrin

It's started in earnest and we've still got a week to go! :greengrin

GGTTH :flag: :flag:

DC_Hibs
12-05-2012, 04:55 PM

Take your nappy off and chill oot Lewis. Hibs have given us a bit of good news so enjoy your night pal.

DC_Hibs
12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
What would you rather they had said then? :confused:

Let's not read too much into comments on here at this stage of the Derby Cup Final build up ffs! :rolleyes:

I've just had my Jambo neighbour tell me that he'd heard that we'd had a bad injury today to one of our "star" forwards who now wouldn't play next week and that we were wasting our time making the journey as they would win easily! :wink: :greengrin

It's started in earnest and we've still got a week to go! :greengrin

GGTTH :flag: :flag:

WHat did you open the door to the prick for....or did he phone you - block the number.

Get the dulux oot later and a quick dab of BEAST on the side of his hoose during the night should do the trick.

S4uzee
12-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Take your nappy off and chill oot Lewis. Hibs have given us a bit of good news so enjoy your night pal.

Haha hopefully it is true, just think he is a big player we need to be playing THEM regarding his height and strength

Judas Iscariot
12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Bedwetters out in force again I see..

Just Alf
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
bedwetters out in force again i see..

lmfo!

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Fenlon put out the right team today. Its a difficult balancing act as some players would need a rest and some need to be kept sharp by getting a full or half game today. Hopefully no more scares between now and the final.

:agree: 8 (thats EIGHT) changes from Monday......

Pat & BB are doing the right things and will give us the best opportunity and platform for next week...My hope is the kind of support demonstrated at the Semi will be on show...and those who rarely go and can hardly name the team (lets be honest there will be a good few) join in and get behind the team from BEFORE the KO - take a lead from the display being organised and don't allow any of this defeatest nonsense that has on occasions affected the team......Monday was a real turn around at ER.....lets do everything we can to play our part in making history.....:pfgwa

scoopyboy
12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Just listened to PF interview on BBC website and didn't seem overly concerned about the injury.

Words to the effect took a bang on the knee but he's a young fit lad so hopefully he will be ok.

HibbyAndy
12-05-2012, 07:26 PM

Your a right cheery **** you eh?

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Just listened to PF interview on BBC website and didn't seem overly concerned about the injury.

Words to the effect took a bang on the knee but he's a young fit lad so hopefully he will be ok.

Good news. We need our strongest team for this game and looks like we should be able to do that.

hibsbollah
12-05-2012, 07:30 PM

Sounds more promising :agree:

hibee_nation
12-05-2012, 07:58 PM

The official tweet says foot injury, Paddy says it's to his knee, the injury must be heading up his leg, it will be a groin strain by tonight. :greengrin

Speedway
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Girls, please understand that there is no time for fear and panicking now. Only calm assurance of victory next week. You've been quick enough to accuse the team of having no backbone, don't be found without one yourselves.

marinello59
12-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Girls, please understand that there is no time for fear and panicking now. Only calm assurance of victory next week. You've been quick enough to accuse the team of having no backbone, don't be found without one yourselves.

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 08:13 PM

:top marks

Jamesie
12-05-2012, 08:14 PM

:aok:

--------
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
The official tweet says foot injury, Paddy says it's to his knee, the injury must be heading up his leg, it will be a groin strain by tonight. :greengrin

Probably all three, foot, knee and groin, all gone.

Sounds like an amputation job to me.

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Us that where their in 2006 don't want a repeat, so excuse me if we appear to be a little worried about our players getting injured.

Speedway
12-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Us that where their in 2006 don't want a repeat, so excuse me if we appear to be a little worried about our players getting injured.

Us that were there in 1979, 1985, 1991, 1993 etc couldn't give a toss, you're not excused.

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Us that were there in 1979, 1985, 1991, 1993 etc couldn't give a toss, you're not excused.

Wow, you must be old.
Listen if GO or LG got injured today then I'm sure you would have a different opinion. I'm not going to change my opinion, I just didn't see the need to be playing anyone who is going to start next week. It's done now, thankfully it sounds like Docherty will recover for the CF. Mon the Hibs.

HibeeMG
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM

:agree:

It's nothing like 2006. It's one player that's taken a slight knock.

In 2006 we all knew we were beaten when we heard the teams as we knew who hadn't made it. If, next week, we hear that Doherty is out (which I don't think will happen) and Francombe is in, I don't think there'd be the same amount of pessimism.

Speedway
12-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Wow, you must be old.
Listen if GO or LG got injured today then I'm sure you would have a different opinion. I'm not going to change my opinion, I just didn't see the need to be playing anyone who is going to start next week. It's done now, thankfully it sounds like Docherty will recover for the CF. Mon the Hibs.

Fenlon had to be careful not to play a side that was blatantly under strength. There's nothing to say every player we've got won't get injured this week. It just doesn't matter. This is our time, whoever plays will go out and make it happen for us. It may not be pretty and it may not be an 8-0 win but Pat did what he had to fo and the cup is coming to stay with a long long lost friend for a year next Saturday.

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:50 PM
:agree:

It's nothing like 2006. It's one player that's taken a slight knock.

In 2006 we all knew we were beaten when we heard the teams as we knew who hadn't made it. If, next week, we hear that Doherty is out (which I don't think will happen) and Francombe is in, I don't think there'd be the same amount of pessimism.

Did you know before today's game how
many of our players would pick up a knock? No neither did I. I k ow I'm being a bed wetter or whatever but I'm sure there would have been plenty people squealing had Griffiths or O'Connor picked up a bad one.

HibeeMG
12-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Did you know before today's game how
many of our players would pick up a knock? No neither did I. I k ow I'm being a bed wetter or whatever but I'm sure there would have been plenty people squealing had Griffiths or O'Connor picked up a bad one.

No I didn't know.

But, you posted your comments AFTER the game. I'm happy that PF knows what he's doing (a helluva lot more than you or me) and any risk he feels is necessary is okay with me.

Griffiths or O'Connor DIDN'T pick up a bad one so just be glad and look forward to next week without the unnecessary bedwetting! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
12-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Well thats us knackered without Doherty, apart from hes not badly injured and will play. Remind me again what we are moaning about?:confused:

Saorsa
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r623/JDPH1875/keep-calm-and-don-t-panic.png

Mibbes Aye
12-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Wow, you must be old.

We're all capable of seeing a player be carried off and thinking "He's injured, if he hadn't been picked then it wouldn't have happened".

What we don't see is the work through the week, every week, where players' fitness is being monitored by the management team.

The cost of not playing a particular player today might mean that come next weekend their match fitness is that bit worse - 10%, 20%, 5%, I don't know, but enough to make you think playing them is worth the risk to ensure they're closer to their optimum when they have a genuine battle against a big, physical side at Hampden.

Surely you don't think Fenlon forgot he has the Cup Final in a week, or that he wants his best team at the best level he can get them?

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 09:49 PM
We're all capable of seeing a player be carried off and thinking "He's injured, if he hadn't been picked then it wouldn't have happened".

What we don't see is the work through the week, every week, where players' fitness is being monitored by the management team.

The cost of not playing a particular player today might mean that come next weekend their match fitness is that bit worse - 10%, 20%, 5%, I don't know, but enough to make you think playing them is worth the risk to ensure they're closer to their optimum when they have a genuine battle against a big, physical side at Hampden.

Surely you don't think Fenlon forgot he has the Cup Final in a week, or that he wants his best team at the best level he can get them?

I don't think one game, especially a nothing game like this one was making much difference if any to a players match fitness. These guys have just completed a whole season after all. I'll admit I'm no expert but I just don't see it that way.

PatHead
12-05-2012, 09:55 PM

What you weren;t there in 1972! Part timer

Mibbes Aye
12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I don't think one game, especially a nothing game like this one was making much difference if any to a players match fitness. These guys have just completed a whole season after all. I'll admit I'm no expert but I just don't see it that way.

Not being critical, but how would you know?

Their fitness levels will have fluctuated over the season and guys like Doherty only started playing competitive football regularly at the end of the January window.

The management team see them day in, day out and will make decisions that almost certainly prioritise having the starting XI as close to their optimum match fitness level as possible come May 19. Why wouldn't they?

Teo10
13-05-2012, 09:00 AM
He was in Le Monde last night, and limping quite badly...

He'll be fine though, PLENTY time to recover!

H18sry
13-05-2012, 09:21 AM

Great preparation for a cup final less than 18 hours later, maybe thats why you got gubbed last week :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Great preparation for a cup final less than 18 hours later, maybe thats why you got gubbed last week :greengrin

He's fit, after Le Monde he got in his car and drove down to Blackpool.

I spotted him in Ma Kellys at 4.30 am break dancing with Derek Riordan, (Kelly's not in unite)

Both seemed to be having a great time.

No evidence of Matt's injury, some of his moves on the dance floor were unusual though, and Deek was behaving well too, signing autographs and having his picture taken kissing babies, and some mothers too. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 09:37 AM

Great to see he's resting up and taking the weight off his injury!

Billy Whizz
13-05-2012, 09:44 AM

Do you really think he would be out if he a serious injury. I'm sure Hibs would have had resting with ice on his injury.

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Do you really think he would be out if he a serious injury. I'm sure Hibs would have had resting with ice on his injury.

Err cup final 18 hours later was that comment not aimed at Teo for today!

NAE NOOKIE
13-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Never mind the players.

If my hyper anxiety state doesnt improve by Saturday I might not make the final either :greengrin

Billy Whizz
13-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Err cup final 18 hours later was that comment not aimed at Teo for today!

ha ha

H18sry
13-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Err cup final 18 hours later was that comment not aimed at Teo for today! :wink:

Albion Hibs
13-05-2012, 05:44 PM

No wonder Fenlon is taking them away for a bit! Albeit I am surprised he managed to get himself out on a sat night when they were leaving so early on the sunday. Does anyone know if he is away with the team or is he staying back for treatment?

PatHead
13-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Sunday Times reported he took part in warm down yesterday so appears to have recovered.

Macaroon
13-05-2012, 05:50 PM
lmfo!

what is your f*** ? :greengrin