PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Other games 12/13 May (Celtic 5-0 Hearts, EPL final day)

Pages : 1 [2]

HH81
13-05-2012, 03:56 PM
To be fair the best team in Manchester won the title :agree:

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I never expected that ending. Never in a blue moon.

I'm chuffed for Kevin and Sally Webster. :aok:

SteveHFC
13-05-2012, 03:57 PM
Hated City but well done to them

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Most amusing!

lucky
13-05-2012, 03:59 PM
Unreal but just shows what can happen

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 04:00 PM
I feel sick! :sick:

marinello59
13-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Wow. Just wow.

down-the-slope
13-05-2012, 04:01 PM
So who is still relaxed about next Saturday.......:smokin

HH81
13-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Few goals to see on match of the day everyone :agree:

Billy Whizz
13-05-2012, 04:02 PM

I don't like any of these teams and I was still nervous watching this. If Hibs score 2 in injury time next week I'll be ecstatic, but not sure my heart could take it!

dp00
13-05-2012, 04:03 PM
hope its nothing like that next week

danhibees1875

:bitchy: :dizzy:

CallumLaidlaw

I have no interest in either Manc team, but that last 5 minutes has all of a sudden made me very worked up about next week!!

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 04:04 PM

I'm going to need a kilo of Xanax to get me through the week. :paranoid:

HH81
13-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Can anyone check to see if Falkirk is ok :confused:

down-the-slope
13-05-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't like any of these teams and I was still nervous watching this. If Hibs score 2 in injury time next week I'll be ecstatic, but not sure my heart could take it!

I think St Johns Ambulance may have a busy day if it even comes close to that........

R'Albin
13-05-2012, 04:06 PM
God the thought of us doing that against the Jambos gives me goosebumps!

marinello59
13-05-2012, 04:06 PM
:greengrin I guess he picked the wrong day to give up sniffing glue.

Dalkeith
13-05-2012, 04:07 PM
footballs a funny old game

tears of despair one minute turn to tears of joy the next

you cant imagine whats going through the city fans heads at this moment

dp00
13-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Just saw Man city do a 44 year count down on there big screen after winning the league ..... Would love to see us do that at Hamden next week !! :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

greenlex
13-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I think St Johns Ambulance may have a busy day if it even comes close to that........
St Andrews surely? :greengrin

LancashireHibby
Absolutely devastated. Third time I've seen Bolton relegated. Hibs had better have a big win next week. I bloody hate football!

TornadoHibby
The catalyst for it was Tevez - horrible little guy. Carlos Tevez - he plays when he wants - Does not xcuse what Barton did but if he had been as good at hiding his elbow as Teves was with the first foul none of it would have happened. Tevez is on the same level as El Haj Djuoff and shame on Man City for letting him get away with thinking he is bigger than tHem - Mon you R's

:top marks

Tevez should have had a red card along with Barton as both were equally guilty IMO! :agree:

10 v 10 might have been a different proposition but irrespective of that, imagine if the little scrote (Tevez) gets a retrospective red card! :wink: :greengrin:

joe breezy
13-05-2012, 04:14 PM
hope its nothing like that next week

I don't mind as long as it's us that win the Cup, winning it like that would be mega orgasmic

Wotherspiniesta
13-05-2012, 04:16 PM
#sexypic #bluemoon :not worth

down-the-slope
13-05-2012, 04:18 PM
St Andrews surely? :greengrin

I'm sure if the need is there you are not going to be in position to argue over who you let tend you...:wink:

heretoday
13-05-2012, 04:18 PM
I hope Fergie phones Mancini and is as generous to him as Sir Matt was in 1968 towards Joe Mercer.

Betty Boop
13-05-2012, 04:19 PM
Fantastic drama, so exciting ! :not worth

Pete
13-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Fergie very gracious in defeat.

Hanny
13-05-2012, 04:23 PM

:agree:

iwasthere1972
13-05-2012, 04:24 PM
David Platt on pitch celebrating the title.

He should be ashamed with the way he treated Audrey.

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Will an English manager ever win the EPL?

DAVE1875
13-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Man City fans haven't been this happy since they were Chelsea fans :greengrin

HH81
13-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Isn't it ironic that Manchester City scored twice in Fergie time to win the title :greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-05-2012, 04:31 PM
City never won the title, United threw it away, trophy only on loan for one year :wink:

Sean1875
13-05-2012, 04:31 PM
We'd be there till Tuesday if there was :greengrin

SRHibs
13-05-2012, 04:33 PM
Those celebrations are going to look relatively tame in comparison to ours next Saturday. :aok:

greenlex
13-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Right that's enough of this EPL pish. Get the Players Championship on from Sawgrass. The 17th and 18th are gonna continue the sporting Drama tonight. :agree:

Pete
13-05-2012, 04:34 PM

Maybe man united fans will turn into fans of their local team after this.

cabbageandribs1875
13-05-2012, 04:35 PM
wow, a team with three English players in it have won the English premiership, that sheikh fella must be very happy with his new toy :greengrin

R'Albin
13-05-2012, 04:35 PM

HH81
13-05-2012, 04:36 PM
City never won the title, United threw it away, trophy only on loan for one year :wink:

:greengrin

Bring on the Scottish cup final :thumbsup:

bingo70
13-05-2012, 04:37 PM
Pleased for the city fans that have suffered at the hands of utd for all these years but really can't be arsed with all the oasis/city fans that are celebrating like its there team that's won something when they'veprobably either never seen them play or been to one game in their life. Same applies to utd fans most seasons.

13-05-2012, 04:38 PM
What drama, absolutely fantastic to watch!

Delighted for City!

SteveHFC
13-05-2012, 04:48 PM
Balotelli again :faf: :faf:

PatHead
13-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Missed it all. Funny I had a dream that Hibs were 1 3 down with 7 minutes to go next Saturday. O'Coonor pulled one back before Doyle won it with 2 goals in injury time. Thought these things never happened in the real world!

By the way was glad to see Hearts got beaten 5 0 with their full strength defence. Notice Taoel was subbed after 25 mins. Something serious I hope!

thebakerboy
13-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Would take that on Saturday 2 1 down at 90 mins and win 3 2 would be the best way to beat that manky bunch. But I might not see it HEART ATTACK TIME.

The Modfather
13-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Out of curiosity, what does "#sexypic #bluemoon" mean? Probably something on Facebook or Twitter, which I don't use, which would explain why I don't get it.

Hainan Hibs
13-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Out of curiosity, what does "#sexypic #bluemoon" mean? Probably something on Facebook or Twitter, which I don't use, which would explain why I don't get it.

Indeed it relates to twitter, however more importantly whenever Man City win there's a bird who gets everything out on show on Twitter:greengrin

The Modfather
13-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Indeed it relates to twitter, however more importantly whenever Man City win there's a bird who gets everything out on show on Twitter:greengrin

Why has no one ever sold the merits of Twitter to me in this manner before?? :greengrin

Macaroon
13-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Notice Taoel was subbed after 25 mins. Something serious I hope!

He was on a yellow 20 mins into the game and committed a foul that should of been a second yellow. The sub was a precaution as they were already getting humped

jgl07
13-05-2012, 05:39 PM

Muppet!

BullbreedHFC
13-05-2012, 07:15 PM
well done to Manchester City ........ 1ST PART OF THE DREAM
( FOR ME)

GOOD LUCK to Pat Fenlon and the hibs team next week :flag: (hope the hibs dont leave it that late nearly had a effin heart attack :wink: )

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2012, 07:21 PM

Might not be back from Sunderland yet.

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Coming from a utd season ticket holder. I have to admit and say well done city. Youse over the course of the season deserved it. Fair play to you lads.

For utd it is not the end of the world. Yes in the circumstances how we lost it is cruel, but that's football for you. It's what makes it so unique. Finishing with 89 points would have us win any current league in europe (except the Spanish). We only lost out on goal difference and also don't forget we had our captain and one of the best cb's in the prem out injured for 7-8 months in Nemanja Vidic. It's like could you imagine hibs without James Mcpake for 8 months. Deary me, that would be scary! I doubt city would be that good if Kompany or Yaya Toure were out for so long. Fergie will sign the players in the positions that need strengthened and we will get better and better.

THE TITLE WILL BE COMING BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS.
GGMU!!!

Sylar
13-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Pure and utter drama which made for stellar television!

Couldn't have cared less which one of the 2 of them won it in the end, but it was hard not to let out a little laugh when City went 3-2 up.

Superb drama to end what has been a very good season indeed in the Premiership - I'd even concede it's been a more enjoyable watch than La Liga this year :agree:

6 days til Saturday and then 18 til the Euros :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
13-05-2012, 09:44 PM

I'm fine, ta! :aok:

Gutted with the end result, really thought with about 5 minutes to go that United were going to do it but as soon as City made it 2-2, I just knew what was going to happen.

As I said last week, though, United have only got themselves to blame. Dropping 5 points against Wigan and Everton (particularly when they were 4-2 up against Everton with a few minutes left) was just ridiculous.

Joey Barton, though, is an absolute disgrace and should be hounded out of football for life. People keep on giving him chance after chance and he continually lets everyone down with his antics. He has absolutely no self control and he's just fortunate that he hasn't cost QPR their place in the Premiership.

How that guy is their captain is beyond belief.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I'm fine, ta! :aok:

Gutted with the end result, really thought with about 5 minutes to go that United were going to do it but as soon as City made it 2-2, I just knew what was going to happen.

As I said last week, though, United have only got themselves to blame. Dropping 5 points against Wigan and Everton (particularly when they were 4-2 up against Everton with a few minutes left) was just ridiculous.

Joey Barton, though, is an absolute disgrace and should be hounded out of football for life. People keep on giving him chance after chance and he continually lets everyone down with his antics. He has absolutely no self control and he's just fortunate that he hasn't cost QPR their place in the Premiership.

How that guy is their captain is beyond belief.

And there was me thinking the season lasted more than a couple of games, maybe if united had managed to take even 1 point from city they'd have clung on the citys championship. :greengrin

Sir David Gray
13-05-2012, 09:53 PM
And there was me thinking the season lasted more than a couple of games, maybe if united had managed to take even 1 point from city they'd have clung on the citys championship. :greengrin

Of course the season lasts longer than 2 games but considering they were 8 points clear with about 6 games to go, today's results shouldn't have mattered a jot.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Of course the season lasts longer than 2 games but considering they were 8 points clear with about 6 games to go, today's results shouldn't have mattered a jot.

But thats what champions do, they fight to the end, the very end. United couldn't handle the pressure, and remember City were i think 8 points clear at one stage too.

You have not won the cup if you are one up in the 90th minute, nor have you won the league 8 points clear with 6 games to go.

You have to go right to the end, and the best team over the whole season won it, and this is only the start, get used to 2nd place finishes they are only going to get bigger and stronger. :wink:

hibsbollah
13-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Joey Barton, though, is an absolute disgrace and should be hounded out of football for life.

He should be 'hounded out of football'???
:dunno:

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 10:01 PM

He helped City win the league, of course he should be hounded out. :greengrin

PISTOL1875
13-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Joey Barton - Once a blue , always a blue. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
13-05-2012, 10:21 PM

Joey Barton should not be playing professional football, he is an absolute disgrace and his behaviour today can hardly be described as an isolated incident.

I'm quite sure that Mark Hughes will be making sure that he is out the door in the summer and any manager that decides to take him on must be off their head.

The guy has a screw loose and is a liability.

His next moment of madness is always just around the corner.

R'Albin
13-05-2012, 10:23 PM
I'd take him!

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Joey Barton should not be playing professional football, he is an absolute disgrace and his behaviour today can hardly be described as an isolated incident.

I'm quite sure that Mark Hughes will be making sure that he is out the door in the summer and any manager that decides to take him on must be off their head.

:agree: Beyond belief how this guy keeps getting another last chance!

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 10:26 PM

He's a nutter, so was it his fault, the united team for throwing an 8 point lead away, or City's overall better team that were responsible for todays league win. Or was it something else? :greengrin

PISTOL1875
13-05-2012, 10:29 PM

Yeh well take a look closer to home FH. Get your own house in order before you start having a pop at others, you're wee pal Roy Keane never made a bad tackle in his career did he ??

Anyway , how does it feel to be second ?? Bottlers..

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeh well take a look closer to home FH. Get your own house in order before you start having a pop at others, you're wee pal Roy Keane never made a bad tackle in his career did he ??

Roy Keane!

Bad tackle today when? Commits assaults on and of the pitch and couldn't lace Roy Keanes boots as player. Barton is a complete tosser who never learns from his mistakes.

PISTOL1875
13-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Roy Keane!

Bad tackle today when? Commits assaults on and of the pitch and couldn't lace Roy Keanes boots as player. Barton is a complete tosser who never learns from his mistakes.

Did I mention today matey ?? I said through his career didn't I ?? Read the post..

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Roy Keane was a fantastic player, but ended a players career with a quite horrific challenge that he did on purpose, has Joey Barton done this?

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Did I mention today matey ?? I said through his career didn't I ?? Read the post..

Oh yeah didn't realise you were trying to use a career of tackles as a comparison to Barton's behaviour today.................silly me! If you had used a comparison that was relative instead of comparing a fillet steak to a king rib I might have got it :greengrin

truehibernian
13-05-2012, 10:51 PM
For those slagging Joey Barton, take a step back in football time and you'll see similar scenes from great players like Franny Lee, Billy Bremner, Kevin Keegan, Souness.

Barton was an idiot today, a fool. But he got caught up in red mist......jesus, if you think what he did was bad, take a read of books describing players like John Charles or Dave MacKay.....these players literally lamped fellow pros.

Barton, like others these days, do things no different to players of old. Only difference is Sky, ESPN, live football, etc wasn't around then.

I have to admit, I like players like Barton and Keane. They add spice to football.

Macaroon
13-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Coming from a utd season ticket holder. I have to admit and say well done city. Youse over the course of the season deserved it. Fair play to you lads.

For utd it is not the end of the world. Yes in the circumstances how we lost it is cruel, but that's football for you. It's what makes it so unique. Finishing with 89 points would have us win any current league in europe (except the Spanish). We only lost out on goal difference and also don't forget we had our captain and one of the best cb's in the prem out injured for 7-8 months in Nemanja Vidic. It's like could you imagine hibs without James Mcpake for 8 months. Deary me, that would be scary! I doubt city would be that good if Kompany or Yaya Toure were out for so long. Fergie will sign the players in the positions that need strengthened and we will get better and better.

THE TITLE WILL BE COMING BACK TO WHERE IT BELONGS.
GGMU!!!

And the SPL :cb

Scouse Hibee
13-05-2012, 10:53 PM
For those slagging Joey Barton, take a step back in football time and you'll see similar scenes from great players like Franny Lee, Billy Bremner, Kevin Keegan, Souness.

Barton was an idiot today, a fool. But he got caught up in red mist......jesus, if you think what he did was bad, take a read of books describing players like John Charles or Dave MacKay.....these players literally lamped fellow pros.

Barton, like others these days, do things no different to players of old. Only difference is Sky, ESPN, live football, etc wasn't around then.

I have to admit, I like players like Barton and Keane. They add spice to football.

And there ends the comparison!

Hibs90
13-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Was at the Sunderland-United game today, scenes at the end of the game were hillarious.

MWHIBBIES
13-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Barton tweeting saying that since he was going off he tried to take a City player with him, complete pillock, hopefully Hughes punts him.

jgl07
13-05-2012, 11:00 PM

Come in Agent Barton your task is completed!

Sir David Gray
13-05-2012, 11:17 PM

Who mentioned Roy Keane?

Cannot understand why people constantly respond to statements with comments like "Oh yeah but what about x or y, he's just as bad."

No-one's saying that Roy Keane was, or is, any angel but we're talking about Joey Barton and his behaviour today was indefensible and completely out of order.

As for the question, I've already said I'm disappointed with the results today but in the grand scheme of things, everything will be completely forgotten about if we manage to win the Scottish Cup on Saturday. :wink:

I'm quite sure that City winning the league will just make Sir Alex, and everyone at Manchester Utd, even more determined to improve and get the title back in 12 months' time.

Roy Keane was a fantastic player, but ended a players career with a quite horrific challenge that he did on purpose, has Joey Barton done this?

As with my response above, Roy Keane was certainly no angel but Barton gives me the impression, from seeing the venom on his face at times when he loses the plot (just look at his face just before he lashes out at Aguero), that he is capable of doing something quite serious one of these times. He has a very violent nature, and that is the case both on and off the pitch and it was evident a few years ago with the prison sentence he received for assault.

If we're going to be doing comparisons, I'm not aware of Roy Keane ever spending time in jail.

truehibernian
13-05-2012, 11:25 PM
And there ends the comparison!

I could add in good players like Doug Rougvie, Ron Harris, Vinnie Jones, etc.....my point is, what did JB do today that plenty other players have done for decades. A sly dig at Tevez, a soft knee into Aguero.....tippy tappy foreheads with Kompany ?

Imagine today the furore if they witnessed Franny Lee punching someone then the players trading blows, or doing what Bremner did in the Charity Shield.

So what is my opinion. He was an idiot, let his team down, will serve a ban. Every sport needs a villian of the piece.

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Who mentioned Roy Keane?

Cannot understand why people constantly respond to statements with comments like "Oh yeah but what about x or y, he's just as bad."

No-one's saying that Roy Keane was, or is, any angel but we're talking about Joey Barton and his behaviour today was indefensible and completely out of order.

As for the question, I've already said I'm disappointed with the results today but in the grand scheme of things, everything will be completely forgotten about if we manage to win the Scottish Cup on Saturday. :wink:

I'm quite sure that City winning the league will just make Sir Alex, and everyone at Manchester Utd, even more determined to improve and get the title back in 12 months' time.

As with my response above, Roy Keane was certainly no angel but Barton gives me the impression, from seeing the venom on his face at times when he loses the plot (just look at his face just before he lashes out at Aguero), that he is capable of doing something quite serious one of these times. He has a very violent nature, and that is the case both on and off the pitch and it was evident a few years ago with the prison sentence he received for assault.

If we're going to be doing comparisons, I'm not aware of Roy Keane ever spending time in jail.

Maybe not, but the tackle on the Man City player who's name escapes me should have had him hounded out of football, dont you think?

Or was deliberately crippling a player not that serious in those days, and thats only for someone who manages to help city win the league?

truehibernian
13-05-2012, 11:33 PM
For Man Utd fans, surely the Cantona kung fu kick can't be forgotten......devils advocate and all that :-) Bryan Robson could be a right nasty player, as could Mark Hughes. Also saw Clayton Blackmore do a fair bit of damage too. I think Brian McClair was the sneakiest of all though ;-)

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 11:37 PM
For Man Utd fans, surely the Cantona kung fu kick can't be forgotten......devils advocate and all that :-) Bryan Robson could be a right nasty player, as could Mark Hughes. Also saw Clayton Blackmore do a fair bit of damage too. I think Brian McClair was the sneakiest of all though ;-)

I'd forgotten about the Cantona incident, i wonder if he should have been hounded out of football for that. Attacking the crowd, never seen Barton do that yet?

LancashireHibby
14-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Maybe not, but the tackle on the Man City player who's name escapes me should have had him hounded out of football, dont you think?
Alfe Inge Haaland.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Alfe Inge Haaland.

Thats the one, i wonder if Falkirk thought Keane should have been hounded out of football for that deliberate assault, or Cantona's kung foo kick?:confused:

hibsbollah
14-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Ive followed Barton for a month or so on twitter, and hes great value :greengrin

On Alan Shearer last night; "id take it from lineker or hanson but not him, same fella that stamped on lennon and threatened the FA not to ban him, selfish, boring man, he can do one. my favourite memory is when he dropped his spuds when keano put one on him. i really dont like that prick, in fact i honestly despise him...."

now who could argue with any of that? :greengrin

jgl07
14-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I could add in good players like Doug Rougvie, Ron Harris, Vinnie Jones, etc.....my point is, what did JB do today that plenty other players have done for decades. A sly dig at Tevez, a soft knee into Aguero.....tippy tappy foreheads with Kompany ?

Imagine today the furore if they witnessed Franny Lee punching someone then the players trading blows, or doing what Bremner did in the Charity Shield.

Lee had an altercation with Norman Hunter while playing for Derby County. Lee was sent off and was walking off when he changed his mind and ran back and had a punch up with Hunter in the centre circle. That was pure theatre.

Standards are very different from the 1970s. Cameras are everywhere at every top League match so the chance of getting away with something is very remote.

Barton is a good player but has that self-destructive personality. He will face a very lengthy ban for what looked like at least three red cards.

Part/Time Supporter
14-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Ive followed Barton for a month or so on twitter, and hes great value :greengrin

On Alan Shearer last night; "id take it from lineker or hanson but not him, same fella that stamped on lennon and threatened the FA not to ban him, selfish, boring man, he can do one. my favourite memory is when he dropped his spuds when keano put one on him. i really dont like that prick, in fact i honestly despise him...."

now who could argue with any of that? :greengrin

Neil Lennon headbutted Shearer's boot.

:agree:

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxnPl8A4rY

Love the Green
14-05-2012, 07:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnxnPl8A4rY

SORRY could not respond to this post yesterday as we were down at the champions ground tching the CHAMPS do the business..We left it late but that's CITY we leave it late or let the fans down just like hibs but loyal to the death...OUR 1 was worth more to the fans than any of your 19..I have put up with your ***** all these years and this was worth waiting for hope next Saturday has the same ending...hope you are all watching the tour of OUR CITY.
Hope some of you have the balls to respond but no matter what you say you can never ever take away the feeling we have encountered yesterday and the fact a true Manchesterr team have won the title...

"keep the faith"
"keep the true faith"
Blue moon has risen bring on "the sunshine on leith"

SteveHFC
14-05-2012, 07:59 PM
SORRY could not respond to this post yesterday as we were down at the champions ground tching the CHAMPS do the business..We left it late but that's CITY we leave it late or let the fans down just like hibs but loyal to the death...OUR 1 was worth more to the fans than any of your 19..I have put up with your ***** all these years and this was worth waiting for hope next Saturday has the same ending...hope you are all watching the tour of OUR CITY.
Hope some of you have the balls to respond but no matter what you say you can never ever take away the feeling we have encountered yesterday and the fact a true Manchesterr team have won the title...

"keep the faith"
"keep the true faith"

Mentioned me twice :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2012, 07:59 PM

"keep the faith"
"keep the true faith"

Deary me. Someone's taking this whole thing a bit seriously.

YOUR team done good. Well played chappy.I might be a Man United supporter, but I'm already over it. :aok:

This was the pinnacle of footballing memories for you, right? :greengrin

Love the Green
14-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Deary me. Someone's taking this whole thing a bit seriously.

YOUR team done good. Well played chappy.I might be a Man United supporter, but I'm already over it. :aok:

This was the pinnacle of footballing memories for you, right? :greengrin

Apart from any hibs memories YES and yours are what exactly.. wht nwould it not be if I followed the team for 40+ years folk not allowed to enjoy such moments unless it is the teams you support.
"keep the faith"

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Apart from any hibs memories YES and yours are what exactly.. wht nwould it not be if I followed the team for 40+ years folk not allowed to enjoy such moments unless it is the teams you support.
"keep the faith"

Enjoy the moment. :aok:

I couldn't care less to be honest.

The big game's this Saturday.

Sir David Gray
14-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I see that Carlos Tevez has revealed a banner stating "RIP Fergie".

I hope Manchester City will now be doing the right thing and sack this egotistical clown.

Wotherspiniesta
14-05-2012, 11:49 PM

I hope Manchester City will now be doing the right thing and sack this egotistical clown.

Shows the character of the man. Classless mercenary. Nothing else needs to be said on him.

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Did well for The Hammers!

lapsedhibee
15-05-2012, 07:40 AM

Shows the character of the man. Classless mercenary. Nothing else needs to be said on him.

Should be hounded out of football.

QPR can't afford to sack Barton - according to the i, it would cost them £11m to pay up his (4-year) contract.

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2012, 07:45 AM

In response to Fergie's "not in my lifetime" dig at City......................found it amusing TBH.

hibsbollah
15-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Zibby should be 'hounded out of football'. Lineker, Lawro, Alan Green, Tyldsley, Chick, Traynor, Colin Nish. i cant think of anyone else OTTOMH. Maybe we should start a 'hound em out' thread? :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 08:40 AM

I agree, he should be hounded out of football.

TornadoHibby
15-05-2012, 09:23 AM

"keep the faith"
"keep the true faith"

A couple of thoughts if I may regarding your post.

1. The difference between the two Manchester teams after yesterdays game was 8 goals over a 38 game season with both teams scoring 89 points. :agree:

2. The reason that goal difference was the difference is that City scored two goals in injury time against a QPR team fighting relegation and playing yesterday with 10 men for most of the second half! In fact, Carlos Tevez who punched and kicked Joey Barton in the passage of play leading up to Barton retaliating with an elbow into Tevez's face, should have been sent off along with Barton as his part in the incident was no less worse than Barton's. If one was to be sent off they should both have been sent off IMO! :agree:

3. Utd played all season without two key players, Nemanja Vidic, possibly the best left sided central defender in the World when fit and playing regularly and Darren Fletcher, a key combatative and skillful midfielder who has been one of Utd's best performing players for the last two or three years. On top of that they had a catalogue of injuries to other key players throughout the season sometimes struggling to put out forst pick defenders for the larger part of the season too! :agree:

4. City had few injury problems and, apart from Tevez's "holiday", only lost players for a couple of games here and there as the players missing chose to be missing and the club were able to plan in advance for their absence! :agree:

Now I appreciate that these factors getting City a hair's breadth ahead of Utd at the top of the EPL this season is a huge thing for City fans after generations of fans have seen no trophies won for many years apart form last year's FA Cup, BUT.....................

Please don't try and tell rational thinking people that somehow everything that Utd has acheived in terms of footballing success by way of many many trophies over a very long and consistent period is something to be virtually dismissed because of City's good fortune on Sunday ultimately! :agree:

Something tells me that Utd, having risen to similar challenges over the years from other teams such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, will come back stronger again next season and the City fans' predictions at the moment of constant City domination starting next season will prove to be as shallow as some of the comments about how dominant this season when they actually only scrambled over the finish line with seconds to spare on goal difference on Sunday. As between them and Utd this season, the match return was City 2 (EPL twice) UTD 2 (FA Cup and Charity Shield) so even in direct competition, it was actually very close! :agree:

Take it easy mate and enjoy the Cup Final on Saturday! Let's hope Hibs have the good fortune that City enjoyed this season? :wink:

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 06:02 PM
A couple of thoughts if I may regarding your post.

1. The difference between the two Manchester teams after yesterdays game was 8 goals over a 38 game season with both teams scoring 89 points. :agree:

But who won the trophy?

2. The reason that goal difference was the difference is that City scored two goals in injury time against a QPR team fighting relegation and playing yesterday with 10 men for most of the second half! In fact, Carlos Tevez who punched and kicked Joey Barton in the passage of play leading up to Barton retaliating with an elbow into Tevez's face, should have been sent off along with Barton as his part in the incident was no less worse than Barton's. If one was to be sent off they should both have been sent off IMO! :agree:

The reason we won on goal difffernce was because we slaughtered them on their own patch 1-6.
Please do not mention decisions in matches as United have had so many that I cannot be bothered mentioning them.

3. Utd played all season without two key players, Nemanja Vidic, possibly the best left sided central defender in the World when fit and playing regularly and Darren Fletcher, a key combatative and skillful midfielder who has been one of Utd's best performing players for the last two or three years. On top of that they had a catalogue of injuries to other key players throughout the season sometimes struggling to put out forst pick defenders for the larger part of the season too! :agree:

You seem to forget the best midfielder in the EPL was also missing for a month and his brother was also away when we needed him most after the shocking ban Kompany recieved after the United cup tie.

4. City had few injury problems and, apart from Tevez's "holiday", only lost players for a couple of games here and there as the players missing chose to be missing and the club were able to plan in advance for their absence! :agree:

Now I appreciate that these factors getting City a hair's breadth ahead of Utd at the top of the EPL this season is a huge thing for City fans after generations of fans have seen no trophies won for many years apart form last year's FA Cup, BUT.....................

Please don't try and tell rational thinking people that somehow everything that Utd has acheived in terms of footballing success by way of many many trophies over a very long and consistent period is something to be virtually dismissed because of City's good fortune on Sunday ultimately! :agree:

Something tells me that Utd, having risen to similar challenges over the years from other teams such as Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool, will come back stronger again next season and the City fans' predictions at the moment of constant City domination starting next season will prove to be as shallow as some of the comments about how dominant this season when they actually only scrambled over the finish line with seconds to spare on goal difference on Sunday. As between them and Utd this season, the match return was City 2 (EPL twice) UTD 2 (FA Cup and Charity Shield) so even in direct competition, it was actually very close! :agree:

Charity shield you takin the piss...mind u it vis all United have won this eason and they wont be defending that next season.
Take it easy mate and enjoy the Cup Final on Saturday! Let's hope Hibs have the good fortune that City enjoyed this season? :wink:

So United have never had any good fortune when winning trophies?

1. Stole a European trophy from Bayen :agree:
2. Very fortunate to beat Chelsea in another final:agree:

Find it strange Hi-bees can be so ungracious nin degfeat and try not to give any other teams who defeat United and credit.
Typical bacon puss behaviour.

Bring it on next season we will be ready for the challenge..especially as you have resigned the wee old ginger thug for another season.

Just to say hope we are all having as much fun as I had AFTER the game on Sunday...:agree:

"keep the faith"

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 06:12 PM

Find it strange Hi-bees can be so ungracious nin degfeat and try not to give any other teams who defeat United and credit.

Bring it on next season we will be ready for the challenge..especially as you have resigned the wee old ginger thug for another season.

Just to say hope we are all having as much fun as I had AFTER the game on Sunday...:agree:

"keep the faith"

:agree: To be fair, if United had won either closely fought :wink: derby match against their noisy neighbours, they'd have won.

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 06:17 PM
:agree: To be fair, if United had won either closely fought :wink: derby match against their noisy neighbours, they'd have won.

Blackpoool like your sense of humour:agree: Joe Hart in the derbies you mentioned :cb

"keep the faith"

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Chelsea................Man City..............I wonder who the next team will be to win the premiership in the same circumstances! I just wish it was Liverpool.

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Chelsea................Man City..............I wonder who the next team will be to win the premiership in the same circumstances! I just wish it was Liverpool.

Think they did similiar on a smaller scale in the 70's and 80's..buying players from weaker teams..it happens in all leagues throughout the world...SPL prime example with the OF.....Pool only do bettwer than Everton due to finances maybe if King Kenny could spot a player Pool might have don ebetter after what they have spent this season.

"keep the faith"

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Blackpoool like your sense of humour:agree: Joe Hart in the derbies you mentioned :cb

"keep the faith"

I'm no Man City fan, but my good mate is. Its been terrific to see him so happy, i have seen him tear his hair out with city in the 3rd division, and even in the last few years losing heavily. He's 48 and seen a lot of the bad times, its just nice he's getting some good ones now.

What i do find funny though, on here and in the club i drink in, is the way the united fans are taking it. its as if nobody else is allowed a good team, nobody else deserves a winning side. I just like to see them squirm, much like i'm enjoying the huns situation too.

Footballs great when the big boys get it up them. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
15-05-2012, 06:29 PM

"keep the faith"

Just so everbody on here gets a firm grasp on where Love The Blue's allegiancies lie:

He rips Hibs players, he harps on about how good Man City and their players are (constantly), he think's we have a player called Witherspoon and he thinks the biggest game in Hibs history is being played on a Sunday.

"keep the faith"

Scouse Hibee
15-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Think they did similiar on a smaller scale in the 70's and 80's..buying players from weaker teams..it happens in all leagues throughout the world...SPL prime example with the OF.....Pool only do bettwer than Everton due to finances maybe if King Kenny could spot a player Pool might have don ebetter after what they have spent this season.

"keep the faith"

I'm talking about Massive amounts of "New Money" mate not money generated by buying unknown players from lower leagues and turning them into a team which happend in the 70's and early 80's. That in turn generated money which helped build the success. Chelsea and now City have proved that anyone is capable of going from no hopers to Champions in a short period of time. The question is who will be next, and there will be a next which in turn means that 20 titles or the likes will never be achieved by any of the new comers. The shift of power will be constant IMO.

PeeJay
15-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Well he doesn't actually say that United have never had any good fortune - that's a given, surely? He was pointing out the consistency of United as a club over decades - that's not down to good fortune whatever way you look at it. Time will tell with City. It's a good thing for the EPL when someone other than the usual culprits wins the league though!

Anybody who "steals" a trophy from Bayern is allright in my books!:cb

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Just so everbody on here gets a firm grasp on where Love The Blue's allegiancies lie:

He rips Hibs players, he harps on about how good Man City and their players are (constantly), he think's we have a player called Witherspoon and he thinks the biggest game in Hibs history is being played on a Sunday.

"keep the faith"

Listen witherspoonwhatever the Sunday I was referring to was last Sunday and it was how I felt on Sunday after the game...you wont remember you would be in your bed greeetin.
I see it is ok for you to rabbit on about Inuted but not for anyone else to rabbit about their chose EPL team.

Other than slating your siameEs twin spoony who else have i "ripped"...grow up or you will be in the kids seats this SATURDAY.

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

TornadoHibby
15-05-2012, 06:39 PM

"keep the faith"

You've completely mis-read me and also my post to go off on yet another rant about how City are now all that the EPL is about and that everything that has happened to date for Utd is now irrelevant! :rolleyes:

Wasn't you that gave Tevez than poster about Fergie yesterday was it by any chance! :greengrin

How many times have Citeh won the CL? :confused:

DO you agree that Tevez should have been sent off for punching and kicking Barton provoking him to retaliate? :wink:

PS - City beat QPR at the week-end not Utd, Utd lost the title themselves this season but will be back strong next season as will Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool with Newcastle and Everton not far behind IMO!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 06:42 PM
You've completely mis-read me and also my post to go off on yet another rant about how City are now all that the EPL is about and that everything that has happened to date for Utd is now irrelevant! :rolleyes:

Wasn't you that gave Tevez than poster about Fergie yesterday was it by any chance! :greengrin

How many times have Citeh won the CL? :confused:

DO you agree that Tevez should have been sent off for punching and kicking Barton provoking him to retaliate? :wink:

PS - City beat QPR at the week-end not Utd, Utd lost the title themselves this season but will be back strong next season as will Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool with Newcastle and Everton not far behind IMO!

Thats very true, just as Man City will too, but even stronger. :greengrin

Wotherspiniesta
15-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Listen witherspoonwhatever the Sunday I was referring to was last Sunday and it was how I felt on Sunday after the game...you wont remember you would be in your bed greeetin.
I see it is ok for you to rabbit on about Inuted but not for anyone else to rabbit about their chose EPL team.

Other than slating your siameEs twin spoony who else have i "ripped"...grow up or you will be in the kids seats this SATURDAY.

"KEEP THE FAITH":wink:

Actually Love the Blue, I was on here on Sunday night saying well done to City. Not that you'll remember that of course.

I don't have a problem with anyone rabbiting on about their other team (or your first team). I'd much rather talk about the Hibs and how we stayed up and how we've got a massive game coming up this SATURDAY.

You've ripped more then just Wotherspoon, and seriously can't remember you saying a good word about any Hibs player on this board.

Edit- Just having a look through your posts and you've ripped Wotherspoon, Hanlon, Sean Welsh (ripped the whole team in the process of this one). Generally ripped the whole team on a couple of other occasions and complimented Stevenson once. About 6 posts in total about Hibs this season and circa 100 about your real team. Nice one.

TornadoHibby
15-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Thats very true, just as Man City will too, but even stronger. :greengrin

Aye agreed, but will City be stronger too!? :wink: :greengrin

Heard Gill on SSN at tea time and it does sound as though Utd have some "heavyweight" players already lined up for next season and they are working on deals with these guys at the moment! He was unusually cocky in they way he told the interviewer about their plans and how they had identified their targets for next season over the past few months so it will be interesting if they do what he suggests that they are doing! :agree:

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Aye agreed, but will City be stronger too!? :wink: :greengrin

Heard Gill on SSN at tea time and it does sound as though Utd have some "heavyweight" players already lined up for next season and they are working on deals with these guys at the moment! He was unusually cocky in they way he told the interviewer about their plans and how they had identified their targets for next season over the past few months so it will be interesting if they do what he suggests that they are doing! :agree:

At the start of this season there was a prediction thread on who people thought would win the EPL. I said Man City, and stated the reasons. First they were only 9 points off Man U the previous season, their players were another year older and City only had to improve 3 wins. Next season United have to do the improving, and their older players Giggs and Scholes and Ferdinand are another year older.

They will need to improve a lot, they will have to buy better players than City do. Personally i cant see it, i feel City are here to stay and in all probability win the championship for a while, or at least until someone richer comes along to compete financially with them.

As i said, its nice to see the big boys bleat when someone bigger comes along and beat them. :greengrin

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Actually Love the Blue, I was on here on Sunday night saying well done to City. Not that you'll remember that of course.

I don't have a problem with anyone rabbiting on about their other team (or your first team). I'd much rather talk about the Hibs and how we stayed up and how we've got a massive game coming up this SATURDAY.

You've ripped more then just Wotherspoon, and seriously can't remember you saying a good word about any Hibs player on this board.

Too busy enjoying myself in moderation Sunday to post....was actually watching my 2ND team live...

HIBS are MY team since birth its in the family....come on evidence re ripping other Hibs players..will always give players credit for doing well but can you hoestly say we have had the evidence to praise too many performers this season.....seems its ok for you and a few others to rave about United but not for other people who favour EPL teams to enjoy when they are having good seasons.

Saturday whats happening Saturday?:wink:
"keep the faith"

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 07:07 PM
At the start of this season there was a prediction thread on who people thought would win the EPL. I said Man City, and stated the reasons. First they were only 9 points off Man U the previous season, their players were another year older and City only had to improve 3 wins. Next season United have to do the improving, and their older players Giggs and Scholes and Ferdinand are another year older.

They will need to improve a lot, they will have to buy better players than City do. Personally i cant see it, i feel City are here to stay and in all probability win the championship for a while, or at least until someone richer comes along to compete financially with them.

As i said, its nice to see the big boys bleat when someone bigger comes along and beat them. :greengrin

Love it Blackpool sums it up completely.
Hope we can achive the same result this Saturday.

"keep the faith"

Wotherspiniesta
15-05-2012, 07:11 PM
Too busy enjoying myself in moderation Sunday to post....was actually watching my 2ND team live...

HIBS are MY team since birth its in the family....come on evidence re ripping other Hibs players..will always give players credit for doing well but can you hoestly say we have had the evidence to praise too many performers this season.....seems its ok for you and a few others to rave about United but not for other people who favour EPL teams to enjoy when they are having good seasons.

Saturday whats happening Saturday?:wink:
"keep the faith"

Check my edited post.

Don't even try lie to everyone, because its quite easy to check what you've posted. My original opinion was pretty spot on TBH. A lot of negative pish, a nice little mention on our player of the season Stevenson(keeping the mods on side?) and a WHOLE lotta crap about City.

I've got no problems with you bigging your first team up. They showed great character to stick with, and ulitametly pip, Man United to the title this year. Fully deserved.

But, to be honest, I'm not bothered. :aok:

Love the Green
15-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Check my edited post.

Don't even try lie to everyone, because its quite easy to check what you've posted. My original opinion was pretty spot on TBH. A lot of negative pish, a nice little mention on our player of the season Stevenson(keeping the mods on side?) and a WHOLE lotta crap about City.

I've got no problems with you bigging your first team up. They showed great character to stick with, and ulitametly pip, Man United to the title this year. Fully deserved.

But, to be honest, I'm not bothered. :aok:

well stop posting to me yes its crap about City what part is crfap they are champs and your not so its truth....player of the season stop it you'll get locked up...it may be true but how hqard has it been to be our best players this season..everyone is entiltled to comment on games they pay to watch...why should we always lie about team or players performances its hard to be positive about the worst Hibs team in living memory.
Hope to see you at the big game SUNDAY...oops Saturday.

"keep the faith"

TornadoHibby
15-05-2012, 09:31 PM

Are Citeh gonna get relegated soon then? :greengrin

Interesting opinion you have suggesting that you don't believe what David Gill was saying on SSN earlier tonight regarding Utd's advanced plans for new player purchases over the Summer! :rolleyes:

Regarding your final sentence, I posed a few questions on that view a couple of weeks ago but you chose not to respond. Fancy doing so now?

Here's the link you need to do so (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235507-Todays-Games&p=3212104&viewfull=1#post3212104)!

TornadoHibby
15-05-2012, 09:34 PM

"keep the faith"

See instead of just spouting the same stuff about Citeh over and over again and "keeping the faith" gonnae have a go at dealing with some fair and reasonable questions regarding matters you have raised in one or two posts on this thread? :confused:

Here's the link you need (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?236223-Other-games-12-13-May-(Celtic-5-0-Hearts-EPL-final-day)&p=3227769&viewfull=1#post3227769)!

TornadoHibby
16-05-2012, 07:15 AM

"keep the faith"

:confused:

Oops, looks like the wheels are coming off Citeh's team (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4319208/Yaya-Toure-in-Barcelona-transfer-rumours-as-Man-City-exit-looms.html)for next season already! :wink: :greengrin

lapsedhibee
16-05-2012, 08:00 AM
:confused:

Oops, looks like the wheels are coming off Citeh's team (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4319208/Yaya-Toure-in-Barcelona-transfer-rumours-as-Man-City-exit-looms.html)for next season already! :wink: :greengrin

Yep, Yaya definitely wants away to Chelsea. Or maybe QPR, as a replacement for Barton - more of a challenge there. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2012, 08:20 AM
This thread is hilarious!

hibsbollah
16-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Yep, Yaya definitely wants away to Chelsea. Or maybe QPR, as a replacement for Barton - more of a challenge there. :agree:

I think.Yaya will end up at PSG. The money they have now is ridiculous.

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Are Citeh gonna get relegated soon then? :greengrin

Interesting opinion you have suggesting that you don't believe what David Gill was saying on SSN earlier tonight regarding Utd's advanced plans for new player purchases over the Summer! :rolleyes:

Regarding your final sentence, I posed a few questions on that view a couple of weeks ago but you chose not to respond. Fancy doing so now?

Here's the link you need to do so (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235507-Todays-Games&p=3212104&viewfull=1#post3212104)!

I believe Gill when he says he will invest in the summer, but where City will win each and every player chase both clubs are after is by paying more wages, or even transfer fee's. What has happened incase you have not noticed, is Man United are no longer the biggest hitters in the EPL.

City can spend more, much more than United can. Whats happened, is United had it all their own way for a long time, they would normally win in a straight race with any other English club
for any player.

Thats now changing, United are now finding they cant compete with the big spenders across the city and dont like it.

I'm not saying its right, i am saying its funny. :greengrin

Sorry i failed to answer the question you put, i have no idea what will happen regarding the fair play rules, but i cant see it affecting whats happening. These clubs with more money than sense always find away around these rules, in fact Barca are reported to be 500m in debt, who is reigning them in?

As i said earlier, i find it funny Man U are getting their knickers in a twist, i also find it funny how their supporters are acting too. :wink:

TornadoHibby
16-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I believe Gill when he says he will invest in the summer, but where City will win each and every player chase both clubs are after is by paying more wages, or even transfer fee's. What has happened incase you have not noticed, is Man United are no longer the biggest hitters in the EPL.

City can spend more, much more than United can. Whats happened, is United had it all their own way for a long time, they would normally win in a straight race with any other English club
for any player.

Thats now changing, United are now finding they cant compete with the big spenders across the city and dont like it.

I'm not saying its right, i am saying its funny. :greengrin

Sorry i failed to answer the question you put, i have no idea what will happen regarding the fair play rules, but i cant see it affecting whats happening. These clubs with more money than sense always find away around these rules, in fact Barca are reported to be 500m in debt, who is reigning them in?

As i said earlier, i find it funny Man U are getting their knickers in a twist, i also find it funny how their supporters are acting too. :wink:

The Financial Fair Play Rules are likely to start for next season if UEFA get their act together so maybe the reckless and almost vile spending won't continue after all! :rolleyes:

How do you justify your view on City's spending yet castigate Rangers and Hearts for doing exactly the same, the only differences between the two scenarios is that City's owners have bottomless pockets so won't go bust and City's spending is light years greater than that of Rangers and Hearts!? :confused:

The fact that City probably won't go bust is thankfully irrelevant to the FFP Rules, it is the setting of wages to turnover ratios and absolute maximum expenditure limits on players etc that counts! :agree:

Double standards methinks! :wink: :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
16-05-2012, 11:00 AM
The Financial Fair Play Rules are likely to start for next season if UEFA get their act together so maybe the reckless and almost vile spending won't continue after all! :rolleyes:

How do you justify your view on City's spending yet castigate Rangers and Hearts for doing exactly the same, the only differences between the two scenarios is that City's owners have bottomless pockets so won't go bust and City's spending is light years greater than that of Rangers and Hearts!? :confused:

The fact that City probably won't go bust is thankfully irrelevant to the FFP Rules, it is the setting of wages to turnover ratios and absolute maximum expenditure limits on players etc that counts! :agree:

Double standards methinks! :wink: :greengrin

OH YES :greengrin Although it does seem City are slightly more stable than the two gimps from the SPL, and i really have not castigated them for spending more than us, just spending what they CANT AFFORD, or in the huns case money thats not even theirs?

Dont give a toss about the EPL, other than watching the odd big game like sunday. Will take more of an interest if Blackpool go up. :greengrin

matty_f
16-05-2012, 11:16 AM
I've got no great love of either Manchester club, but I have to say that I'd not really encountered Man City fans prior to Oasis coming on the scene, and City became a bit fashionable for a bit. Still, not to the point where a lot of folk talked about being City fans. That was what, 1994/5? Other than that brief increase in popularity I never really heard of folk going on about being City fans, but there seems to be loads of them now that they've got a bit of money and that. Weird.

Danderhall Hibs
16-05-2012, 11:25 AM
I've got no great love of either Manchester club, but I have to say that I'd not really encountered Man City fans prior to Oasis coming on the scene, and City became a bit fashionable for a bit. Still, not to the point where a lot of folk talked about being City fans. That was what, 1994/5? Other than that brief increase in popularity I never really heard of folk going on about being City fans, but there seems to be loads of them now that they've got a bit of money and that. Weird.

I'd agree with that. Although I'd also say I can't remember hearing of many ManU fans back in those days either. I remember folk having an "English team" when I was at school but I think most of them were Liverpool "fans". Probably 'cos they used to win all the time.

Maybe it was because the English League wasn't rammed down our throats as muchback in the 80s? My daughters got wee laddies in her class that only support ManU or ManC and don't have a Scottish team - how does that happen?!

Love the Green
16-05-2012, 11:46 AM
see instead of just spouting the same stuff about citeh over and over again and "keeping the faith" gonnae have a go at dealing with some fair and reasonable questions regarding matters you have raised in one or two posts on this thread? :confused:

here's the link you need (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?236223-other-games-12-13-may-(celtic-5-0-hearts-epl-final-day)&p=3227769&viewfull=1#post3227769)!

like?

jgl07
16-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Arsenal can hardly have a worse season than this one. I suspect that they will advance, provided they can retain Van Persie and keep him fit. Both are big asks. Without RVP, Arsenal would be no better than mid-table.

Chelsea face a major rebuilding task for an aging squad. They have the resources but unless they can win on Saturday, they will be without Champions League revenue next season and will be struggling to comply with FFP rules if they spend big.

Liverpool 'not far behind'! You mean like the 37 points they were adrift this year? They were 16 points clear of the relegation zone! They are no nearer solving their stadium problem and will not be able to compete financially until they do.

Newcastle will do really well to maintain their form of last season as will Everton.

A two horse race once more I fear.

TornadoHibby
16-05-2012, 12:18 PM
like?

The link I kindly gave you took you to a previous post of mine with the said questions which you had "forgotten" to reply to first time around so i was asking you again to have a go at answering them! :rolleyes:

However, as you haven't done so I'll just assume that you won't because the honest answers might not present your Citeh case as "Best team in the World" for the foreseeable future in the best light! :greengrin

I hope that you don't find Saturday's game too boring or lacking in skill etc compared to your Citeh boys! :wink: