PDA

View Full Version : Watching in Leith

DaveM
12-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Although I've been watching post for years this is my first post. I've finally accepted that I won't get a ticket and although disappointed I know there are more deserving than me who also can't get a ticket. My plan now is that I have booked a hotel in Pilrig Street and will watch the match somewhere to savour the atmosphere. I'll be arriving at around 11:00am. Can anyone tell advise me if I would be able to get into the supporters club or what should be the best pub to watch the match in?

Aaron
12-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I am thinking about the Harp & Castle on Leith Walk. About 2 mins walk from Pilrig Street. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

DaveM
12-05-2012, 08:33 AM
Cheers. I'll have my first pint in there and see what it's like.

I am thinking about the Harp & Castle on Leith Walk. About 2 mins walk from Pilrig Street. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bostonhibby
12-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Although I've been watching post for years this is my first post. I've finally accepted that I won't get a ticket and although disappointed I know there are more deserving than me who also can't get a ticket. My plan now is that I have booked a hotel in Pilrig Street and will watch the match somewhere to savour the atmosphere. I'll be arriving at around 11:00am. Can anyone tell advise me if I would be able to get into the supporters club or what should be the best pub to watch the match in?

Tamsons half way down Easter Road might just have a Hibby or two in :wink:

heretoday
12-05-2012, 10:55 AM
Robbie's Bar is a nice pub.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-05-2012, 12:18 PM
City Limits about 4 doors up from Robbies opposite the junction of Pilrig Street and Leith Walk.

The Harp
12-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Not really in Leith, but if you're looking for a good traditional pub with a lot of Hibee regulars, try the Cask & Barrel at the foot of Broughton Street. Great pub!

DanTheMan
12-05-2012, 02:59 PM
I recommend Robbie's as well :agree:

silverhibee
12-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Not really in Leith, but if you're looking for a good traditional pub with a lot of Hibee regulars, try the Cask & Barrel at the foot of Broughton Street. Great pub!

The last time i passed it, it was surrounded by riot police keeping fans separated, looked ugly, seems to be a fair bit of trouble down there when Hibs play.

The Harp
12-05-2012, 04:48 PM
The last time i passed it, it was surrounded by riot police keeping fans separated, looked ugly, seems to be a fair bit of trouble down there when Hibs play.

Would that have been after Rangers visit to ER by any chance? If so, the police weren't separating rival fans, they had followed a large group of Rangers casuals who had descended on the pub (there was a thread about it on here at the time). I'm in there most Saturday afternoons and after Hibs games and can honestly say I've never seen any trouble - which is why my group go there.
Apologies if this is not the incident you're referring to.

DAVE1875
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Four In Hand will be a definite shout for those who were unable to get tickets