PDA

View Full Version : Team v Inverness

Jamesie
07-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Grant, Towell, Booth, Murray, O'Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Sproule, Soares, Stanton, O'Donovan, Doyle

I've picked this team on he basis that a straight red card or potentially injury would rule any of our starting eleven out of the Cup Final and that's not a risk I'd like to take with any of our first team picks, other than where lack of match practice dictates another run out might be helpful.

Some might say giving Grant his debut could be a gamble but I'd rather see him enter the Cup Final with a first team start under his belt rather than potentially being thrown into the fray with no first team experience at all.

Thoughts?

Scooter
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Grant, Towell, Booth, Murray, O'Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Sproule, Soares, Stanton, O'Donovan, Doyle

I've picked this team on he basis that a straight red card or potentially injury would rule any of our starting eleven out of the Cup Final and that's not a risk I'd like to take with any of our first team picks, other than where lack of match practice dictates another run out might be helpful.

Some might say giving Grant his debut could be a gamble but I'd rather see him enter the Cup Final with a first team start under his belt rather than potentially being thrown into the fray with no first team experience at all.

Thoughts?
Funny that's the same team I said to my dad walking home

PaulSmith
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Grant must play next week. Too much of a gamble risking any injury to Brown and gives Grant a wee bit of experience.

I think your team is almost spot on bar Soares.

Ultrabee1-0
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
take soares out put young stanton in & caldwell for o'donovan:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-05-2012, 09:52 PM

Thoughts?

100% :agree:

Maybe 45mins as Brown will still be wanting game time as well.

dmc1875
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Grant

Towell O'Hanlon Stephens Booth

Wotherspoon Murray Stanton Sproule

Caldwell Doyle

IberianHibernian
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
To miss final think it has to be a direct red for violent conduct ( ie not 2 yellows ) . Suppose we won`t risk important players with recent injuries like McPake or Soares . IF Stack is definitely unavailable for final even as a sub , then Grant should probably get his chance ( we might have given him or Antell chance if we hadn`t been in final anyway ) and would like to see Doyle and O`Donovan get 90 minutes up front ( can`t risk Griffiths or GOC and haven`t heard Ross Caldwell`s name mentioned recently ) . O`Hanlon should play , useful to have an experienced defender if we field a young goalie , and if fit maybe Murray too though I wouldn`t have him near cup final team or bench . Scott and Stephens seem to be excluded from present set up but as they have contracts this may be a chance for them to play . Likewise Booth . I suppose Galbraith is injured . In final we have only 5 subs including goalie so not much room for manouevre . Back in 1979 I remember Tony Higgins broke his leg about 3 months before final and suddenly made a comeback a week before final as a late sub in E of S Shield against Meadowbank Thistle at ER - he looked very overweight but went on to play really well mainly as a sub in all 3 games in final but don`t think a fully fit Ian Murray would improve present team .

Jamesie
07-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Grant

Wotherspoon Murray Stanton Sproule

Caldwell Doyle

In retrospect I'd probably put Murray into midfield and go with your centre back pairing. :thumbsup:

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Could the players that were out on loan play? I.e welsh, handling, taggart etc. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions are finished.

IberianHibernian
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Win by 2 goals and we`re tenth . Think there`s at least 50,000 quid difference between 10th and 11th so should be looking for a win while resting players .

Billy Whizz
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Win by 2 goals and we`re tenth . Think there`s at least 50,000 quid difference between 10th and 11th so should be looking for a win while resting players .

Nah, winning the Scortish Cup is worth far more. I few of the players who are on the fringes on of the team should get some game time

Hibeesmad
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Grant
Towell
Stephens
O'hanlon
Murray
Sproule
Wotherspoon
Stanton
Booth
Caldwell
O'donovan

SteveHFC
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Grant

Francomb
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Booth

Wotherspoon
Scott
Stanton
Murray

Caldwell
O'Donovan

sparkiedelpaco7
07-05-2012, 11:13 PM
Grant

Francomb O'Hanlon Murray Smith

Sproule Stanton Wotherspoon Booth

Doyle O'Donovan

edinburghhibee
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Grant
Francombe
Stephens
O'Hanlon
Murray
Ivan
Spoony
Towell
Booth
Doyle
O'Don

I would keep Doyle in the team because I think he would benefit from more game time, if he put in another performance like tonight Fenlon would have a very tough decision on his hands for the final.

calumhibee1
07-05-2012, 11:19 PM
Anyone that played tonight that is 100% fit at the weekend should play. Let's get another victory and have the boys going into the final absolutely brimming with confidence. Maybe bring grant on at some point in the second half.

edinburghhibee
07-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone that played tonight that is 100% fit at the weekend should play. Let's get another victory and have the boys going into the final absolutely brimming with confidence. Maybe bring grant on at some point in the second half.

I can see you logic but for me its too risky, also I would have the 16/17 players who you are likely to be in the final squad at training on wednesday preparing for the final. Saturday is now a game were we can go into with no pressure and give the fringe players a bit of game time.

Does anyone know, is it pay at the gate same as last time in Inverness?

BEEJ
07-05-2012, 11:43 PM
It's not going to be an entirely second string side.

PF will have a good idea of his team line-up for the Cup Final, including the 5 substitutes. So I reckon he'll play this Saturday a few of those who will start on the 19th, a few of those who are expected to be on the bench that day and a few 'others'.

Probable team for the Final(?):

Brown

Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Osbourne Soares Claros Stevenson

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs: Grant, O'Hanlon, Doyle, Francomb, Wotherspoon

So I would make the team this Saturday:

Brown

Francomb O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Soares Claros Sproule

Doyle Griffiths

Subs: Grant, Caldwell, Doherty, O'Donovan, Towell, Booth, Stanton

The intention would be to give Grant the second 45 minutes, to bring on Caldwell for Griffiths after an hour and for the last 20 mins either Booth for Murray or Stanton for Sproule.

(Easy this management business, eh? :wink:)

JimBHibees
08-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Thoughts?

Completely agree about this team and also I think it is important to give Grant some first team experience. Suppose could be the argument that another game for GOC however personally would arrange a bounce game rather than an SPL one.

JimBHibees
08-05-2012, 08:10 AM
It's not going to be an entirely second string side.

PF will start with what he currently has down as his team for the Cup Final, including the 5 substitutes. He'll then play on Saturday a few of those who will start on the 19th, a few of those who are expected to be on the bench that day and a few 'others'.

Probable team for the Final(?):

Brown

Doherty McPake Hanlon Kujabi

Osbourne Soares Claros Stevenson

O'Connor Griffiths

Subs: Grant, O'Hanlon, Doyle, Francomb, Wotherspoon

So I would make the team this Saturday:

Brown

Francomb O'Hanlon Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Soares Claros Sproule

Doyle Griffiths

Subs: Grant, Caldwell, Doherty, O'Donovan, Towell, Booth, Stanton

The intention would be to give Grant the second 45 minutes, to bring on Caldwell for Griffiths after an hour and for the last 20 mins either Booth for Murray or Stanton for Sproule.

(Easy this management business, eh? :wink:)

Personally wouldnt have Sparky anywhere near the game this weekend.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 08:19 AM

needs to be 3

caley -20

us - 25

IFONLY
08-05-2012, 08:20 AM

Think you will find that we would have to win by 3 goals to achieve that.

MB62
08-05-2012, 08:21 AM

Think it has to be three clear goals as they are five better off than us.

Agree with the sentiments of the team selelction though. I would suggest it is very important we give the young keeper the 90 mins against Inverness both to totally protect Brown (an injury can happen as easily in the first minute as it can in the last and we cannot afford to have him injured) and to give Grant some much needed first team experience.

Mixu and Shiels were saying last night that the players will all wanting to play to keep themselves match fit. That might be the case but we also need our back up players to be match fit too so O'Hanlon, Wotherspoon and Sproule should all start against Inverness.

NOLA
08-05-2012, 09:59 AM
definetly play bobo in goals, last thing we need is our no.1 missing the final, rest mcPake + GOC, i dont want another Sauzee situation to arise, ozzy could also do with being on the bench,

the_ginger_hibee
08-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Fenlon said a few weeks back Grant would start when relegation was confirmed just incase things go wrong with Brown in or before the final.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2012, 10:22 AM
definetly play bobo in goals, last thing we need is our no.1 missing the final, rest mcPake + GOC, i dont want another Sauzee situation to arise, ozzy could also do with being on the bench,

It nearly did yesterday when in possibly his only slack moment of the night, quite near the end, McPake let a Par outpace him over by the East, and subsequently launched himself to try to prevent the subsequent cross. I winced.

staunchhibby
08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Led to believe that Stanton will be in the pool for the Inverness game

Cod Boy
08-05-2012, 11:46 AM
Led to believe that Stanton will be in the pool for the Inverness game which one the commonwealth

Franck is God
08-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Team for Saturday

Grant

Towell---O'Hanlon---Stephens---Booth

Claros

Wotherspoon---Monoghan---Stanton

Caldwell---Doyle

Team for the final

Brown

Doherty---McPake---Hanlon---Francome

Soares---Ozzy---Claros---Lewis

O'Connor--Griffiths

Subs

Grant
Kujabi
Spoony
Doyle
Sproule

The Sea-gull
08-05-2012, 12:24 PM
It is a hard one as we can get extra cash by winning by a few goals but that is a tall order even with our best team so I would prioritise the final.

The next dilema is whether to rest players and keep them safe for the final or whether to give them another game to keep them ticking over and keep moral and confidence high. The management and medical team will know which players would benefit from a rest and which players need another game. I'd say maybe a mixture of first team and "reserve" players on Saturday.

Team for Saturday

Grant (can't afford an injury to Brown with Stack out)

Francome or Towell
O'Hanlon
Stephens
Booth (if fit??????????) or Francome

Sproule or Francome or Towell
Claros
Soares
Wotherspoon (if fit????) or Framcome or Towell

Doyle
O'Donavon

McPake, G O'C and Griffiths should be nowhere near Inverness on Saturday as all three are too important for the final and too likely to get injured or involved in "incidents".

Team for final

Brown

Doherty
McPake
Hanlon
Kujabi

Osbourne
Claros
Stevenson
Soares

O'Connor
Griffiths

SteveHFC
08-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Fenlon has said he plans to rest players on saturday :aok:

DH1875
08-05-2012, 12:57 PM
I'd play the ladies team. I've heard their quite good :thumbsup:.

Billy Whizz
08-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I fancy going to see some of the young Hibee stars of the future

Judas Iscariot
08-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Grant

Doherty O'Hanlon Hanlon Francombe

Osbourne Murray Claros

Sproule Doyle Griffiths

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Grant

W'Spoon Welsh Murray Sproule

O'Donovan Caldwell

Subs: Brown Taggart Stanton Doyle Sparky Claros Horribine

Macaroon
08-05-2012, 09:06 PM
Grant

Francombe O'Hanlon Hanlon Booth

Claros

Spoony Sproule

Stanton

Caldwell Doyle

Youthful, fast, skillful and wrapping our essential trio on cotton wool. While keeping enough first-teamers in to give thistle a game. Another win on the back of the Sheep and Pars game would be an invaluable platform to be on for the final..

BRING ON THE JAMBOS!!

007 Mickey Weir
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Grant

Claros

Spoony Sproule

Stanton

Caldwell Doyle

Youthful, fast, skillful and wrapping our essential trio on cotton wool. While keeping enough first-teamers in to give thistle a game. Another win on the back of the Sheep and Pars game would be an invaluable platform to be on for the final..

BRING ON THE JAMBOS!!

Like this team.

helsbels
10-05-2012, 02:20 PM
Could the players that were out on loan play? I.e welsh, handling, taggart etc. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions are finished.

Taggart still playing with Stranraer they reached the play offs Stranraer won 3-1 last night against Queen's Park 2nd leg Saturday at Hampden.

Hibeesmad
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
Strong team to be played against Inverness tmrw!

Source: Hibs website

BoltonHibee
11-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Not a chance that the team that plays tomorrow will resemble the cup final side

11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Not a chance that the team that plays tomorrow will resemble the cup final side

Hope not! Why risk an injury or suspension for the biggest game in history in some completely meaningless, end of season league match.

BoltonHibee
11-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Hope not! Why risk an injury or suspension for the biggest game in history in some completely meaningless, end of season league match.

They won't, don't worry

Macaroon
11-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Grant
Murray
Wotherspoon Osbourne Sproule
Doyle Caldwell

Me thinks :agree: :aok:

Hibeesmad
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Grant
Francomb
O'hanlon
Stephens
Booth
Sproule
Wotherspoon
Murray
O'donovan
Doyle
Griffiths

murraymckirdy
12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Browns Not on the bench i dont think
My mate is on the bench: Douglas Horne :aok:

And has anyone got a link for the game today?

Northernhibee
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Grant
Murray
Wotherspoon Stanton Welsh
O'Donovan Caldwell

Team for final:

Brown
Doherty Hanlon McPake Kujabi
Francombe Claros Ozzy Lewis
Gaz Sparky

Billy Whizz
12-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Grant
Murray
Wotherspoon Stanton Welsh
O'Donovan Caldwell

Team for final:

Brown
Doherty Hanlon McPake Kujabi
Francombe Claros Ozzy Lewis
Gaz Sparky

You've missed Tom Soares

Northernhibee
12-05-2012, 11:30 AM
You've missed Tom Soares

I liked Francombe at RM, think him and Doherty link up well. Ozzy likes to get stuck in so is good to put up against Ian Black and Claros can spray killer balls out left right and centre.

Lewis has to start.

Just don't see where Soares fits in (and I like Soares).

I'd tell the team we put out today that whoever is MOM according to PF and BB will definately be a part of the cup final team as a sub to give them something to fight for, and my bench would be Grant, O'Hanlon, Soares, Doyle and the best from ICT.

Billy Whizz
12-05-2012, 11:32 AM
I liked Francombe at RM, think him and Doherty link up well. Ozzy likes to get stuck in so is good to put up against Ian Black and Claros can spray killer balls out left right and centre.

Lewis has to start.

Just don't see where Soares fits in (and I like Soares).

Don't want to ambush today's team news, but Soares will start at Hampden

Billychaotic182
12-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Is welsh back at hibs now?

Billychaotic182
12-05-2012, 11:37 AM

I think so too. When Garry went off in the Aberdeen game he handed Tom the armband so am guessing he is an important player in training so if fit will most likely play

TornadoHibby
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM

Well, if true, he must have done something significant in training since Monday night to demonstrate that he WILL TACKLE MEANING TO WIN THE BALL, WILL MARK AND TRACK BACK WITH OPPONENTS WITHIN HIS DEFENSIVE RESONSIBILITY AND SHOW SIGNIFICANT DETERMINATION, EFFORT AND WILL TO WIN (getting his shorts dirty in combatative tackling would be something he hasn't done since he arrived at ER)! Fenlon and his team must be happy with those demonstrations of commitment from Soares if he is already on the team sheet to start in the Cup Final! :confused: :agree:

Source please? :wink: :greengrin

Billy Whizz
12-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Well, if true, he must have done something significant in training since Monday night to demonstrate that he WILL TACKLE MEANING TO WIN THE BALL, WILL MARK AND TRACK BACK WITH OPPONENTS WITHIN HIS DEFENSIVE RESONSIBILITY AND SHOW SIGNIFICANT DETERMINATION, EFFORT AND WILL TO WIN (getting his shorts dirty in combatative tackling would be something he hasn't done since he arrived at ER)! Fenlon and his team must be happy with those demonstrations of commitment from Soares if he is already on the team sheet to start in the Cup Final! :confused: :agree:

The only source I have, is he starts every game that he's fit for.

TornadoHibby
12-05-2012, 11:47 AM

Not according to PF who I have spoken to (when I met him by chance recently) regarding this very "matter"! :agree:

Source = your opinion then! :greengrin

Billy Whizz
12-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Not according to PF who I have spoken to (when I met him by chance recently) regarding this very "matter"! :agree:

Source = your opinion then! :greengrin

Name dropper

Leighonel
12-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Grant

Francomb
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
The spoon
Murray
Stanton

Doyle
Caldwell

Brown
Griffiths
Doherty
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Towell
O'Donnovan

HNA2
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Grant

Francomb
Stephens
Hanlon
Booth

Sproule
The spoon
Murray
Stanton

Doyle
Caldwell

Brown
Griffiths
Doherty
O'Hanlon
Stevenson
Towell
O'Donnovan

is that official or your opinion

12-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Grant
Towell
Stephens
O'hanlon
Murray
Sproule
Wotherspoon
Stanton
Booth
Caldwell
O'donovan

:agree:

hibsbollah
12-05-2012, 12:10 PM

You are always far too harsh on Soares, and seem to have missed the good things he has been doing regularly for weeks now.

GreenCastle
12-05-2012, 12:17 PM

Soares is a player which when plays for Hibs we usually win. He seems calm on the ball and can pick a pass when needed - I can understand why people think he's lazy but I watch him during games and he does seem to do more than most think. The question is if he doesn't play - who do you start in front of him ?

Macaroon
12-05-2012, 12:18 PM

Grant definitely starting in goals ;)

hopefulhibby
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
He is a 15k per week player, i dont think for 1 minute he will be at ER next season and i bet he has no problem getting a club either, some posters have been so negative towards him and he doesn't deserve it

GreenCastle
12-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Grant definitely starting in goals ;)

Players have to be careful leaking teams - especially on social media :wink:

I am happy Grant is getting a game though - let's hope it's a successful debut. :aok:

Ken
12-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Stanton will start today

silverhibee
12-05-2012, 12:38 PM

Opinion i would say.

silverhibee
12-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Strong team out today.

Leighonel
12-05-2012, 12:56 PM

Just my opinion

Latapy1911
12-05-2012, 12:57 PM
someone post the teams please :)

Green Man
12-05-2012, 01:00 PM
“@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS Hibernian: Grant, Doherty, O'Hanlon, Stephens, Francomb, O'Donovan, Wotherspoon, Murray, Sproule, Soares, O'Connor #weareh ...”

GreenCastle
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
Please no injuries..:worried:

Westie1875
12-05-2012, 01:04 PM
“@HibernianFCClub: BREAKING NEWS Hibernian: Grant, Doherty, O'Hanlon, Stephens, Francomb, O'Donovan, Wotherspoon, Murray, Sproule, Soares, O'Connor #weareh ...”

Very surprised GOC is playing, likewise Soares. Hopefully no-one does anything silly or picks up an injury.

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Roll on 5pm i want us to win today but thats not my first concern, like most ill be waitibg for the good news no straight reds and no injury concerns. C'mon the Cabbage Hail Hail

hibee_girl
12-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Very surprised GOC is playing, likewise Soares. Hopefully no-one does anything silly or picks up an injury.

A week off wouldn't do GOC's fitness levels any good!

Ferryhibby
12-05-2012, 01:09 PM
probably going for some sort of result but would rather have had doyle up front after his performance on monday it would do his confidence a lot of good

500miles
12-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Suprised to see O'Connor in the team, but then again, he's a man that needs to play every week to be at his best.
60 minutes and then rested up hopefully.

SouthamptonHibs
12-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Suprised to see O'Connor in the team, but then again, he's a man that needs to play every week to be at his best.
60 minutes and then rested up hopefully.

Agree with playing Gazza he needs games. As u say 60 odd mins then sub him.

TornadoHibby
12-05-2012, 01:34 PM
He is a 15k per week player, i dont think for 1 minute he will be at ER next season and i bet he has no problem getting a club either, some posters have been so negative towards him and he doesn't deserve it

How's about being much more specific regarding the bit in bold? :confused:

Some of the posters who have been honest about what they have seen of the guy week in week out have been quite specific so only fair that you do the same? :dunno: :wink: