PDA

View Full Version : Proposed victory parade routes announced

Onceinawhile
11-05-2012, 12:54 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/hearts-and-hibs-reveal-routes-for-winner-s-parade-through-city-1-2289042

See above.

As expected I think.

Wembley67
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Shame they can't go down leith walk then up ER....but cannae exactly split hairs :pfgwa

Hainan Hibs
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
I can understand why but it's a shame we won't get the open-top bus at night after the game.

Hibee87
11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
They announced that it would be o nthe sunday after mondays game should we win. However this leads me to ask how will you get access to the stadium? will only people with valid final tickets get in? will all season ticket holders get then then hand out tickets for the rest or will our canny rod sell them at a fiver a pop on the sunday afternoon? :cb

GreenCastle
11-05-2012, 02:49 PM
They announced that it would be o nthe sunday after mondays game should we win. However this leads me to ask how will you get access to the stadium? will only people with valid final tickets get in? will all season ticket holders get then then hand out tickets for the rest or will our canny rod sell them at a fiver a pop on the sunday afternoon? :cb

From the article..
"A ticket-only party will be held at the home of the winning team the day after the final but it is “unlikely” supporters lining the route will also be allowed inside their stadium for “safety reasons”.
Tickets to the stadium event will be made available free of charge, at the turnstiles by the winning club on a first-come-first-served basis from 1pm. Anyone wishing to attend must be in the stadium before 2.15pm, ahead of the arrival of the parade bus."

hibsdaft
11-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Road closures will be in place in the streets surrounding the stadium (St Clair Street, Hawkill Avenue and Albion Road) from 6pm on May 19 until 5pm on May 20

party.:flag::flag::agree::agree:

PatHead
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Think members should get first option then season tickets getting 2 each...................

HibeeMG
11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
I remember at the Livvy cup final I drove up early in the morning and parked outside ER to get the Hibs.net bus through.

After getting back (spending what seemed like hours on the M8) I found my car was nowhere to be seen! :shocked:

Phoned the polis and eventually got told that it'd been moved down the road as they needed the space for the parade! A nervous ending to a bad, bad day.

essexhibee
11-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Don't like the idea of these threads something about coming back to bite us :agree:

Bristolhibby
11-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Don't like the idea of these threads something about coming back to bite us :agree:

I don't either, but the article that the OP linked us to describes both parades.

I am taking nothing for granted.

J

Nakedmanoncrack
11-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Bit disappointed with the short route to honest, though with Princes Street out of use it was always going to be that way, at least if we win we'll cross Princes St from the North Bridge & still be able to greet them outside the Balmoral. If (as it surely will) the Gorgie monopolising of the Scottish Cup continues they wont even see Princes St being kept round the back well out of sight.

Hibercelona
11-05-2012, 07:51 PM

We lose games to Hearts due to the overall lack of confidence IMO.

We should be confident, Hearts really aren't that good.

cabbageandribs1875
11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
waste of good/costly printing ink on the EN's part, why bother printing the hertz route :wink:

:giruy:

Gez1875
13-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Right this is really getting to me, i know there may be some out there who find it irrelevant, but how can hearts go along the gorgie road, but we cannot go along leith walk? its seems like a petty move from the hearts majority in the edinburgh council. Their reasons are totally ridiculous, because they dont wont people coming out of pubs in leith walk and then back into them...........eh, is there no pubs on the gorgie road? em aye! about 6 of the seedy hangouts. This should be contested to the absolute limit and if hibs dont object to this i will be furious!

PatHead
13-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Doubt Hibs will contest it. Both clubs had a meeting with Council and police and agreed routes before they were announced

Keith_M
13-05-2012, 06:31 PM
TBH, if Hibs win I personally won't give a toss about the victory route. I'll be too busy celebrating to care

Saorsa
13-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Doubt Hibs will contest it. Both clubs had a meeting with Council and police and agreed routes before they were announcedthis ****in' cooncil and the ****in' polis seem tae be doing their best tae put the boot in tae any celebrations.

****in' ****ers

skyehibee
13-05-2012, 06:33 PM
TBH, if Hibs win I personally won't give a toss about the victory route. I'll be too busy celebrating to care

:thumbsup::agree:

Hainan Hibs
13-05-2012, 06:35 PM
We can just make a human wall and divert it down Leith Walk.

**** the cooncil:giruy:

Alfred E Newman
13-05-2012, 06:39 PM
Personally one of the most moving parts of the open top parade after the League cup wins has been seeing that bus come round the London Road roundabout and into Leith Walk. I know winning the damned cup is the main thing but this is just another piece of bureaucratic nonsense.

stantonhibby
13-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Personally one of the most moving parts of the open top parade after the League cup wins has been seeing that bus come round the London Road roundabout and into Leith Walk. I know winning the damned cup is the main thing but this is just another piece of bureaucratic nonsense.

it will still do that surely ? down Leith St , past the Omni /Playhouse and then round the roundabout at Elm Row/leith walk onto London Rd.

stantonhibby
13-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Right this is really getting to me, i know there may be some out there who find it irrelevant, but how can hearts go along the gorgie road, but we cannot go along leith walk? its seems like a petty move from the hearts majority in the edinburgh council. Their reasons are totally ridiculous, because they dont wont people coming out of pubs in leith walk and then back into them...........eh, is there no pubs on the gorgie road? em aye! about 6 of the seedy hangouts. This should be contested to the absolute limit and if hibs dont object to this i will be furious!

it wil go down Easter Road though which is surely the comparison with Gorgie Road and not Leith Walk ?

PatHead
13-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Rumour has it it should have gone down Royal Mile to Canongate, under the bridge over Abbeyhill and down Easter Road but police didn't allow this. (Queen in residence at Holyrood?)

Saorsa
13-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Rumour has it it should have gone down Royal Mile to Canongate, under the bridge over Abbeyhill and down Easter Road but police didn't allow this. (Queen in residence at Holyrood?)**** the quuen

Geo_1875
13-05-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm surprised they haven't diverted us via New Street and under the railway bridge.

woody47
13-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Why are we not allowed to go via gorgie? :thumbsup:

DaveF
13-05-2012, 07:03 PM
If the Sunday route is the only thing bugging people this time next week then I can live with that.

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Why are we not allowed to go via gorgie? :thumbsup:

We could just claim that there was a little mishap with the maps being mixed up. :devil:

Hibs Class
13-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm surprised they haven't diverted us via New Street and under the railway bridge.

:faf:

Gez1875
13-05-2012, 07:20 PM

the game is on saturday, the parade sunday.......this is a big part of the celebrations!

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2012, 07:22 PM
If we win the cup, we'll take the bus anywhere we ****ing like, why, cos we will officially own this ****ing city:thumbsup:

jon paul jones
13-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Folks, I have it on good authority that the reason its not going down Leith Walk is because if the bus is coming up Easter Road it cant turn into Albion Place at the newsagent but if its coming the other way it can.

I will now place my hands over my ears and not listen until everyone agrees with me.....lalalalalalalalallalalalalalal!

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2012, 07:24 PM
the game is on saturday, the parade sunday.......this is a big part of the celebrations!

saturday will very quickly merge into sunday, days will pass before I stop partying

Billy Whizz
13-05-2012, 07:25 PM
If we win the cup, we'll take the bus anywhere we ****ing like, why, cos we will officially own this ****ing city:thumbsup:

What a comment, makes me feel good

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Folks, I have it on good authority that the reason its not going down Leith Walk is because if the bus is coming up Easter Road it cant turn into Albion Place at the newsagent but if its coming the other way it can.

I will now place my hands over my ears and not listen until everyone agrees with me.....lalalalalalalalallalalalalalal!

how did it do it in 2007? anyone?

Gez1875
13-05-2012, 07:30 PM

brilliant mate!

Alfred E Newman
13-05-2012, 08:35 PM
it will still do that surely ? down Leith St , past the Omni /Playhouse and then round the roundabout at Elm Row/leith walk onto London Rd.

Not really, it would go down London Road instead of down Leith Walk.

hibee_girl
13-05-2012, 09:42 PM
how did it do it in 2007? anyone?

It came up Easter Road but did struggle with the corner on Albion Road :agree:

hfc rd
13-05-2012, 09:50 PM
What does it mean by needing a ticket to gain entrance into the stadium for the lap of honour? Could you just use your scottish cup final ticket or your season ticket or will hibs be selling new tickets for the occasion at the turnstiles?

offshorehibby
13-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I thought the bus was coming down as far as Tamsons and turning into St Clair street.

hibee_girl
13-05-2012, 10:03 PM
What does it mean by needing a ticket to gain entrance into the stadium for the lap of honour? Could you just use your scottish cup final ticket or your season ticket or will hibs be selling new tickets for the occasion at the turnstiles?

There will be tickets, free of charge, available at the stadium on a first come first served basis

Cabbage East
13-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Ban bevvying on the train, ban the bus turning left on Easter road, ban extended licenses for boozers, extra police etc. they should just ban supporters and be done with it.

The Harp
14-05-2012, 07:33 AM
this ****in' cooncil and the ****in' polis seem tae be doing their best tae put the boot in tae any celebrations.

****in' ****ers

The police certainly went out of their way to ruin it for us when we returned to ER after winning the League Cup in '07. They turned what should've been a joyous occasion into a complete and utter shambles. Hope they're not contemplating a repeat performance this weekend.:bitchy:

RyeSloan
14-05-2012, 08:10 AM
The police certainly went out of their way to ruin it for us when we returned to ER after winning the League Cup in '07. They turned what should've been a joyous occasion into a complete and utter shambles. Hope they're not contemplating a repeat performance this weekend.:bitchy:

That was straight after the final thought was it not?

Why do it the day after?

bighairyfaeleith
14-05-2012, 08:16 AM

Why do it the day after?

I can only think it's a safety thing, they won't want the parade while the other teams fans are still around. Not that I would be anywhere near if we lost mind you. Also was the cup final in 2007 not on a sunday?

Frazerbob
14-05-2012, 08:18 AM

Why do it the day after?

The League Cup final is played on a Sunday so if they held the parade the next day it would be Monday. Sunday night isn't the best for kids etc. Scottish Cup final is a Saturday (until next year) so they can easily hold the parade on the Sunday afternoon which is much better IMO.

California-Hibs
14-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know what time the bus will leave at on Sunday from the City Chambers to start the parade?

Sudds_1
14-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Rumour has it it should have gone down Royal Mile to Canongate, under the bridge over Abbeyhill and down Easter Road but police didn't allow this. (Queen in residence at Holyrood?)

Aye...and she's a Bayern Munich supporter like most Germans :greengrin

Sudds_1
14-05-2012, 11:40 AM
There will be tickets, free of charge, available at the stadium on a first come first served basis

I doubt I'll be sober enough to even contemplate going..................

.........besides, I'll have seen the victory parade at Hampden. That'll do for me! :greengrin:flag:

Stantons Angel
14-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Is it just me who thinks that the victory route to be taken by a triumphant HIBS team will miss out LEITH on its way to Easter Road?

It leaves the city chambers down the North Bridge, Leith Street and Picardy Place then along London Road and down Easter Road to the stadium?

Surely it must take in Leith Walk and Duke Street then up Easter Road to the Stadium as it did before?

Hearts would have been going into Gorgie on their return, i dont know why LEITH itself is being shunned?

Again it may just be me, but i had always regarded LEITH as the spiritual home of HIBERNIAN FC?

How do the rest of you feel?

allezsauzee
14-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I would agree that it doesn't make sense not to go down Leith Walk and along Duke Street.

tamsonsbairn
14-05-2012, 03:45 PM
I've already emailed the club about this last week,haven't had a reply as yet. More or less asked the same question's you have asked, why we ain't going into Leith i'll never know. Think of all the older residents who have waited so long to see this happen only for the club to take it away in one fell swoop. I sometimes ask myself is there anybody in our club who thinks these things up obviously ain't a Hibby. :pfgwa

Baader
14-05-2012, 03:47 PM
Needs to go doon The Walk..

PatHead
14-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Thread yesterday said it couldn't turn left into Albion Road. So unless the driver's a Hibby it ain't going down the Walk. Brings back memories of Mike Basset when driver goes wrong way down the bypass.

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Thread yesterday said it couldn't turn left into Albion Road. So unless the driver's a Hibby it ain't going down the Walk. Brings back memories of Mike Basset when driver goes wrong way down the bypass.

Petrie, get it sorted! :grr:

JeMeSouviens
14-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Might as well not bother winning the cup then, eh? :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I feel if we win, the bus should go down Leith walk and along duke street then up easter road. Saying they cant turn left into albion road is pish. The police will have closed easter road, and could get the bus round that corner easily if they wanted.

We have a strong link to Leith, to ignore Leith and miss the main part of it out is just wrong. :rolleyes:

oconnors_strip
14-05-2012, 04:31 PM
im sure the bus drivers on here will be able to tell us if the bus is able to swing a left into albion road from easter road, there will be no parked cars or traffic so the bus should be able to approach it from the other side of the road, even bump up on the pavement!!! leith is a must IF we win:agree::pfgwa

cam75
17-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm pondering the problem,when we bring the cup home do you get close to Easter road and party like its 1902 or get your self into the ground and wait?what is the thoughts are all the stands open is it ticket I'm buzzing thankyou Hugh

LALthehibeeGAL
18-05-2012, 12:15 AM
This was brought up on Radio Scotland tonight and RP said that in 2007 the final was on a Sunday hence why it came back the same day and that the bus went down Leith Walk and did in effect a u-turn back up Easter Road - so many people (I was one of them) watched it at Leith Walk and then ran like hell to Easter Road to catch it coming back up Easter Road and into the stadium - this caused a lot of bottle neck crushing etc - I know cos my friend fell in the "stampede" and I almost got squashed in. So for safety really - I know Leith Walk is our spiritual home but Easter Road is the name of our stadium and you turn into the Stadium from Easter Road not Leith Walk - besides does it really matter!! RP also said that the ground will be open to everyone no charge so I guess that will be first come first served basis. You are never going to please everybody but unfortunately safety comes first - and like DaveF said way at the start of this thread - if that is all we have to worry about on the Sunday well I am happy with that!!!

Lets just take the Saturday on board first eh and worry about the Sunday later!!

Lal:wink: