PDA

View Full Version : Medals Mackay - what a plum

H18sry
11-05-2012, 12:21 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/99310-hearts-great-gary-mackay-cup-winners-and-losers-will-never-be-forgotten/ :faf::faf::faf:

bawheid
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/99310-hearts-great-gary-mackay-cup-winners-and-losers-will-never-be-forgotten/ :faf::faf::faf:

Quite a reasonable set of quotes from MacKay to be fair.

Not enough to warrant being offered a medal though. Hard luck Gary.

Hibercelona
11-05-2012, 12:26 PM
Would be great if he was the one awarding us the winners medals. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
11-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Surprising to see Gorgie's no.1 painter is one of his clients. Mackay doesn't like Blacks.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Doesn't actually say anything too bad in that article.

I just don't like racists though so Mackay can **** off.

1two
11-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Can anyone explain to me how Gary McKay is a racist?
Just so I can hate him some more than I already do

lapsedhibee
11-05-2012, 12:45 PM
Just so I can hate him some more than I already do

Medals "Gary" Mackay is alleged to have said unpleasant things to our Kevin Harper, who is black.

JoJo_07
11-05-2012, 12:47 PM

Hibs Kevin Harper claimed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Harper) he had racially abused him during a derby.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Medals "Gary" Mackay is alleged to have said unpleasant things to our Kevin Harper, who is black.

And is memory serves me correctly a very upset Kevin Harper had a few things to say in the EEN about it, how he expected it at school and from ignorant people on the street etc but not from an experienced fellow pro.

Mackay never apologised. Classy.

Onceinawhile
11-05-2012, 12:50 PM
what a completely rational set of things for a person to say.

bod
11-05-2012, 12:56 PM
he's right
nobody remembers runners up

except 1986

--------
11-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Hibs Kevin Harper claimed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Harper) he had racially abused him during a derby.

The cultured chappies in the South Stand that afternoon were making monkey "oo-oo-oo" noises every time Kevin had the ball.

At one point Mackay tackled (fouled?) him and as he was picking himself up the TV went close-up and showed very clearly that Mackay was right in Kevin's face, joining in the chorus with his own "oo-oo-oo's". You didn't have to be a lip-reader - it was crystal clear obvious. Kevin was evry clear afterwards that Mackay had added a few choice epithets to the abuse he was handing out in the course of the game. I've always wondered why Hibs didn't back Kevin more strongly.

This was normal behaviour among a lot of the Big Team Intellectuals - Mark Walters was signed by Rangers a few years earlier and was paleted with bananas when he went to take a corner down in the Shed end of Tynie. Vocal accompaniment was the same monkey noises as they gave Kevin Harper.

Pretty Boy
11-05-2012, 01:07 PM
The cultured chappies in the South Stand that afternoon were making monkey "oo-oo-oo" noises every time Kevin had the ball.

At one point Mackay tackled (fouled?) him and as he was picking himself up the TV went close-up and showed very clearly that Mackay was right in Kevin's face, joining in the chorus with his own "oo-oo-oo's". You didn't have to be a lip-reader - it was crystal clear obvious. Kevin was evry clear afterwards that Mackay had added a few choice epithets to the abuse he was handing out in the course of the game. I've always wondered why Hibs didn't back Kevin more strongly.

This was normal behaviour among a lot of the Big Team Intellectuals - Mark Walters was signed by Rangers a few years earlier and was paleted with bananas when he went to take a corner down in the Shed end of Tynie. Vocal accompaniment was the same monkey noises as they gave Kevin Harper.

Not forgetting the Gorgie classic of the 80s: 'you'll never see a coon in maroon'.

I often wonder how some sections of their support didn't spontaneously combust when they signed Justin Fashanu. He had it all; black, gay and a catholic.

KWJ
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
While his words on the STV site may seem almost reasonable you really need to see the video to understand the prize plum aspect.

Hainan Hibs
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
While his words on the STV site may seem almost reasonable you really need to see the video to understand the prize plum aspect.

Was about to post that to a word.

The video is where the plumness is at:agree:

Teo10
11-05-2012, 01:59 PM
Racist and a general ****bag!

Lowest of the low!!!!

Doesn't beat the time he gave me a hearts strip and i just dropped it on the ground in disgust at the age of 6!

chorley_fm
11-05-2012, 02:05 PM
he's right
nobody remembers runners up

except 1986

correct

Sean1875
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
He looks like a complete arse. Suppose thats only natural with the amount of ***** thats came out his mouth over the years.

H18sry
11-05-2012, 02:14 PM

:agree:

--------
11-05-2012, 02:15 PM
Not forgetting the Gorgie classic of the 80s: 'you'll never see a coon in maroon'.

I often wonder how some sections of their support didn't spontaneously combust when they signed Justin Fashanu. He had it all; black, gay and a catholic.

Oh yes. How tasteful THAT was. I'm surprised the club shop doesn't sell white robes and pointy hoods.

Hibercelona
11-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh yes. How tasteful THAT was. I'm surprised the club shop doesn't sell white robes and pointy hoods.

They wear full body covering union jack costumes instead.

At least it hides their mugs though.

Wotherspiniesta
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
He was doing a promotional thing for William Hill with Roughie (who had a green saltire flag). The wifey who painted their faces then disappeared and left them like that :greengrin

iwasthere1972
11-05-2012, 05:37 PM

He looks like a plum.

That white board behind him listed all the honours that he won at Hearts.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Unfortunately he's the agent of Paul Hanlon and Sam Stanton

Bostonhibby
11-05-2012, 07:22 PM

And casting an eye over his medal collection from a glorious Yam career he would be able to talk authoratively about the subject. Was in all my Brothers school teams and medals was an erse that matured into a bigger erse.