PDA

View Full Version : Away crowd at Inverness

totalfootball
11-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Hope theres a big hibs support at the game tomorrow to get behind the boys and more importantly win lose or draw give them a good send off going in to the final. Really looking forward to the game, been a while since we've had a game with absolutely no pressure, hoping af ew state there claim for cup final places. Likes of doyle who played really well the other night should be buzzing for the game. GGTTH

Wembley67
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Reckon it'll be pretty small, everyone will be saving their cash and brownie points for the big yin

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
45 of us on the Sect 43 bus will be there with a display planned.

All group banners/two-sticks/wavers are making the trip along with the drum which we have permission for.

Come join us and build up the pre cup final party!!!

Kojock
11-05-2012, 09:27 AM

All group banners/two-sticks/wavers are making the trip along with the drum which we have permission for.

Ye can shove yer drum up yer council gritter. :rolleyes:

lucky
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Can't be much of a display with 45 fans taking part. Surely displays should be for big games

Hermit Crab
11-05-2012, 09:32 AM
Ye can shove yer drum up yer council gritter. :rolleyes:

I'll be there on the Carlton Express as usual.

100% :agree:. I go to watch football not to listen to percussion instruments.

vercol36
11-05-2012, 09:36 AM
Well done Sect43, that amount of folk is great for Inverness away. Ignore the anti-drum and anti-small game display mob.... every single game is a valid excuse for a display. And the drum has been excellent so far.

totalfootball
11-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Where yous all going for a drink before game?

Kojock
11-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Read somewhere that they were stopping off in Aviemore.

If you are drinking in Inverness there were a good crowd of Hibbies in the Exchange Bar which is about a two minute walk from the Railway station.

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2012, 10:00 AM

Boozer in Aviemore, should be up there for 11:30am ish.

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I like the drum, it keeps me in time when I'm singing.

totalfootball
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Read somewhere that they were stopping off in Aviemore.

If you are drinking in Inverness there were a good crowd of Hibbies in the Exchange Bar which is about a two minute walk from the Railway station.

Thats where Im going, hopefully be afew in!

green&left
11-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Were's Exchange Bar, the one right next to the station..?

3, maybe 4 of us on the train.

The drum gets the thumbs up from me aswell.

Kojock
11-05-2012, 10:16 AM
I like the drum, it keeps me in time when I'm marching.

Its your lucky day then Ive managed to get you the seat next to it. :wink:

Kojock
11-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Were's Exchange Bar, the one right next to the station.

3, maybe 4 of us on the train.

Come out the station and turn right, you cant miss it.

totalfootball
11-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Come out the station and turn right, you cant miss it.

Come out front of station and right

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Its your lucky day then Ive managed to get you the seat next to it. :wink:

:greengrin Had to check if my predictive text had changed singing to marching. :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
11-05-2012, 01:07 PM

if the drum is anywhere near me like it was in paisley i wont be accounted for my actions:greengrin:pfgwa

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2012, 01:15 PM

I go to watch Football as well, funnily enough.

The drum is to improve the atmosphere, not to provide an orchestra to watch.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I go to watch Football as well, funnily enough.

The drum is to improve the atmosphere, not to provide an orchestra to watch.:agree:

The drums fine mate, dont listen to these killjoys. If you can get someone to go to a Blackpool game sometime, and watch how their drummer builds the crowd up into a frenzy, you'd learn a lot and have a great time too.

Our lot dont know how to get behind the team compared to them Their fans are proactive rather than reactive. A lot of our support seem very shy when singing, only a few seem to want to join in, where Bloomfield road is bouncing EVERY WEEK. We could learn a lot about supporting the team from that little club.

Still think where the singing section is now is wrong, and should be in the bottom or top tier of the FF, but thats a different argument.

wearethehibs
11-05-2012, 04:43 PM

Ive been on that bus once to Inverness. Enjoy watching a movie on the bus and having zero pre match atmosphere. Look out for us bouncing past you banging a drum lol.

wearethehibs
12-05-2012, 10:45 AM
Ive been on that bus once to Inverness. Enjoy watching a movie on the bus and having zero pre match atmosphere. Look out for us bouncing past you banging a drum lol.

Told ya lol

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Told ya lol

:faf:

Where are yous? I am like Billy nae mates atm! :tee hee:

wearethehibs
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Emm 30 mins away from avimore i think

SteveHFC
12-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Just got off the train at Inverness!

It's like summer up here!

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Just got off the train at Inverness!

It's like summer up here!

Always is! U see me in Aviemore at station?

SteveHFC
12-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Always is! U see me in Aviemore at station?

Em No :greengrin

green&left
12-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Cracking weather up here. In the exchange bar next to the station having a few.

LancashireHibby
12-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm usually not a fan of drums, but I thought it was great at the Dunfermline game for keeping people in time etc. The only problem would be if there was ever an over reliance on it for starting songs etc.

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 06:10 PM
What a day!!!!!! Where S43 were was absolutely bouncing!!!!!

Alee Alee Aleh Ohhhhh, Alee Alee Aleh Ohhhhh, Hibernian FC, from the capital!

CMac1988
12-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm usually not a fan of drums, but I thought it was great at the Dunfermline game for keeping people in time etc. The only problem would be if there was ever an over reliance on it for starting songs etc.

I quite like the drum if I'm being honest. The helping in timing is one thing but in fairness to the lad/s (ladettes? :wink:) it's not over done and generally helps lift the folk around them. The fact that our lot can't even sing SoL in time is concerning though... :greengrin

Nuitdelune
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Drum does one's heid in when you hear it on the telly. Strangely, not so bad when you're at the game.

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
The drum is amazing. Today would not have been what it was without it imo, its amazing for some of the songs.

Bob1875
12-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I quite like the drum if I'm being honest. The helping in timing is one thing but in fairness to the lad/s (ladettes? :wink:) it's not over done and generally helps lift the folk around them. The fact that our lot can't even sing SoL in time is concerning though... :greengrin

The proclaimers can't even sing SOL in tune so dunno what chance our fans have..

Sergio sledge
12-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Thought the section 43 guys were great today, especially when we went 2 down and you started to sing "two nil and you still can't sing..." Well done guys, although my wife didn't really like my 4 year old coming home from his first game and flicking her the v's after seeing you doing it from the back of your bus as we walked home... ;-)

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Thought the section 43 guys were great today, especially when we went 2 down and you started to sing "two nil and you still can't sing..." Well done guys, although my wife didn't really like my 4 year old coming home from his first game and flicking her the v's after seeing you doing it from the back of your bus as we walked home... ;-)

I think they were doing that to me :faf:

Every single person can give themselve a pat on the back, absolutely amazing atmosphere. :thumbsup:

Dunno what it looked like from across the stand but us bouncing whole game was quality!

Thomson1875
12-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Thought it was a no too bad atmosphere, great away trip.

Surfing the Turnbull flag during the game was quality.

Great away day (Result aside)

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Thought it was a no too bad atmosphere, great away trip.

Surfing the Turnbull flag during the game was quality.

Great away day (Result aside)

What was the score?

:na na:

MichelleHibs
13-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Sect43 done a fantastic job, nice to hear some of the old traditional songs sung and loved the 'shall we sing a song for you?' Youre not the real police was funny too

HFC07
13-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Hats off to the sect 43 crowd, they sang none stop from start to finish in a game that had nothing going on. Even when caley scored they began singing straight away and ended up making more noise than the caley fans, well done guys. :aok:

R'Albin
13-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Sect43 were very noisey again today :agree:

One request though, any chance of coming up for a different song for Soares? Because the Sauzee one should stay as just his IMO :agree:

Thomson1875
13-05-2012, 10:07 AM

One request though, any chance of coming up for a different song for Soares? Because the Sauzee one should stay as just his IMO :agree:

We where singing 'there's only one sauzee' :greengrin

We had one for Soares 1.57 in to this video with Soares shouted at the end, quite a common chant i am sure with a few teams down south.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tLAOFiVPsQw

R'Albin
13-05-2012, 10:08 AM

We had one for Soares 1.57 in to this video with Soares shouted at the end, quite a common chant i am sure with a few teams down south.

Oh I see :greengrin Apoligies! Thought you were singing Soaresy!

blackpoolhibs
13-05-2012, 10:17 AM

I think that works better with Hibs than Soares, Spurs have been singing that with yids for years.

frazeHFC
13-05-2012, 10:18 PM

Always believe in Tom Soares was sung aswell. :agree: