PDA

View Full Version : NHC A Timely Reminder.

Greentinted
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Today is the 27th anniversary of the fire that claimed the lives of 56 football fans at Bradford City. Having seen the full footage of the events unfolding, it still shocks at how rapid the fire took hold.

With the old style exit gates chained, padlocked and unmanned at Valley Parade purely to save a few bob, one wonders (without prejudice or daft football rivalry) how much longer Vladimir Romanov's vulgar backhanders can keep the city council sweet regarding the repeat prescription of a safety certificate issued to our neighbours for an unfit-for-purpose edifice which is nothing more than an partly asbestos-lined tinderbox.

What price a life?

RIP the 56.

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
Today is the 27th anniversary of the fire that claimed the lives of 56 football fans at Bradford City. Having seen the full footage of the events unfolding, it still shocks at how rapid the fire took hold.

With the old style exit gates chained, padlocked and unmanned at Valley Parade purely to save a few bob, one wonders (without prejudice or daft football rivalry) how long Vladimir Romanov's vulgar backhanders can keep the city council sweet regarding the repeat prescription of a safety certificate issued to our neighbours for an unfit-for-purpose edifice which is nothing more than an partly asbestos-lined tinderbox.

What price a life?

RIP the 56.

Terrible tragedy. Can remember it as if it was yesterday. It's one of these incidents that you remember where you were when news broke.

StevesFamau5
11-05-2012, 10:54 PM
As a part time bantam. But too young to remember the tragedy. Its surreal to think of.. As would be any football tragedy. Raising a glass to the memory of those who perished. BCAFC

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Geo_1875
12-05-2012, 12:39 AM
The impact was worse due to seeing it happen on tv. Really horrible seeing it spread and knowing there were people still in there. Same as Heysel. A feeling of complete horror and helplessness.

monktonharp
12-05-2012, 12:54 AM
me and a good mate were talking about that very thing the other day, and also wondered how the hell that gorgie mob have got away with keeping the liscence for so long.it was a very tragic event at Valley Parade indeed, and I do remember a sports channel suddenly switching to the events unfolding there at the time. that was a huge loss of life in one swoop, for so many families to lose, that day.