PDA

View Full Version : Working on 19th

Hibby70
10-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Got an email from our IT guys in the US today asking that I log into our system to do a test following some hardware changes. Time of test - yes you've guessed it 3pm on 19th May!

They've been told to do one in no uncertain terms.

edinburghhibee
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I've been told that I am working on saturday night... no I'm not morph suit and sick line already lined up.:cb

scott7_0(Prague)
10-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Got an email from our IT guys in the US today asking that I log into our system to do a test following some hardware changes. Time of test - yes you've guessed it 3pm on 19th May!

Get your change management to disapprove the request on the basis that potential risks may occurre due being connect remotely via VPN at a football ground .....

lyonhibs
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Unless I was a member of the emergency services -ie job more important that the game - or Jessica Alba's bra inspector for 1 day only, no job on the face of the earth would come between me and this game.
It's a job FFS

hibee92
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I asked for the Saturday and Sunday off my work as soon as we got through but was told I'd be lucky to get both, only to be told by my boss that she couldn't get me the Saturday off but, and I quote "I've managed to get you the Sunday off so you can still go to the game".

After explaining that the game was on the Saturday, she came back to me only to tell me, "I've got you the Saturday off but we can't get you a shift for the Sunday, and you're off on the Friday as well.

Best mistake ever.

greenlex
10-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm working in the morning. Not a bad thing really. Take my mind off it (Aye right) :greengrin

edinburghhibee
10-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Unless I was a member of the emergency services -ie job more important that the game - or Jessica Alba's bra inspector for 1 day only, no job on the face of the earth would come between me and this game.
It's a job FFS

Even then I'd still be taking it off!

lucky
10-05-2012, 10:47 PM
I've decided to Give myself Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday off. It was a hard choice but believed I deserved mote than anyone else

Macaroon
10-05-2012, 10:47 PM
2 and a half hour Graphic Communication exam the day before the final..

How I'm gonna pass that one is beyond me

.Sean.
10-05-2012, 10:51 PM
A mate of mine has an exam the morning of the Final.

I don't think I'll be picking up a tool until the Thursday - Work's clean on the back burner when there's a Scottish Cup win to celebrate!

Sir David Gray
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm working til 8:30pm next Friday then I've taken the Saturday as a holiday and I'm off anyway on the Sunday and the Monday as scheduled days off so it's worked out really well for me as I'll not be required at work until the Tuesday.

Even then I could be struggling with the after effects of winning the cup!

hfc rd
10-05-2012, 11:11 PM
My manager is an absolute a******. I don't work weekends, so that is fine but I asked for the fri and mon off. He instantly said no and told me that if I came in drunk on the mon, as there are a lot of yams in my work and I obviously wouldn't be able to help myself to give them a proper GIRFUY if we did win, I would get sacked on the spot.

Hibs90
10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Was originally between me and a yam to see who got the day off but the manager seen sense and has let us both off. Happy days :thumbsup:

1two
10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
My manager is an absolute a******. I don't work weekends, so that is fine but I asked for the fri and mon off. He instantly said no and told me that if I came in drunk on the mon, as there are a lot of yams in my work and I obviously wouldn't be able to help myself to give them a proper GIRFUY if we did win, I would get sacked on the spot.

To be fair I'd be sacked on the spot if I was drunk at my work

hfc rd
10-05-2012, 11:19 PM
To be fair I'd be sacked on the spot if I was drunk at my work

Yeah true, but if we win. I ain't going to be able to control myself. Especially looking at a couple of poor faced yams.

cheltenhamhibee
10-05-2012, 11:37 PM

Wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when you are sober then gie them a proper GIRFUY... !!!!!!! He never said he'd sack you if you were sober lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibeeMG
10-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah true, but if we win. I ain't going to be able to control myself. Especially looking at a couple of poor faced yams.

You don't need to say anything to them. Every time you make any type of eye-contact with them, out of sight of your boss, give them some of this:

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxHQdpx6vog-xq7qXUwMDXx6zKm0femmsJhDONsf03rZ6j1eZs3g

hfc rd
11-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Wait until Tuesday or Wednesday when you are sober then gie them a proper GIRFUY... !!!!!!! He never said he'd sack you if you were sober lol :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't think I could wait that long. It will have to happen on the mon back at work. When I instantly see them. If he sacks me, he sacks me but at least it was for a good cause. :)

Hermit Crab
11-05-2012, 08:04 AM
I found out yesterday that Ive got the day off for the final. Off the Sunday too. Only thing is I don't finish until 23:20 on the Friday night. :-( no sleep for me then.

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 08:17 AM
I've decided to Give myself Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday off. It was a hard choice but believed I deserved mote than anyone else

Ditto - no point in being self employed and not using flexibility :greengrin

Will be checked into Hotel in Glasgow by 2pm on Friday :flag:

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
Ditto - no point in being self employed and not using flexibility :greengrin

Will be checked into Hotel in Glasgow by 2pm on Friday :flag:

Make sure it's not a Hotel where the Yams are doing pre match Hospitality on the Saturday morning

hiblander
11-05-2012, 08:29 AM
Girlfriend was like "We have to go to Salzburg to meet the Father in Law for the first time...19th of May"

I was like "No way" spent an hour explaining the importance of the date, got a result - Salzburg Sunday !
with incredibly big hangover !

"Hello Daddy !"

:thumbsup:

danhibees1875
11-05-2012, 08:33 AM
I had my last exam on wednesday and don't return to uni until the middle of september. :aok:

Oops, thought this was the gloating about time off for the final thread. :wink:

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Make sure it's not a Hotel where the Yams are doing pre match Hospitality on the Saturday morning

Doubt it - anyhow will have an afternoon out with the kids (transport Museum?) maybe helping with display layout at Hampden later..then dinner..kids to bed..brother & I a few libations ....bed...big breakfast...SSEC for Home building and renovation show 10am till 1pm ish then off to Hampden....

No travelling and M8 on match day...nerves could not take accident / huge tail back etc....

lets just hope the second half of long week-end is a joyous one :greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Without tempting fate, what time is the Parade planned for in the 20th? I work on Sundays and need to plan some time off!

11-05-2012, 09:41 AM
I've taken the friday off (need to settle the nerves with a few drinks down the pub with my hibee pal!), saturday off (the big game itself!), Sunday off (the aftermath!) and the Monday (further aftermath!).

Win or loose, I will be in no mind set to go into work monday morning!

vercol36
11-05-2012, 09:47 AM
At my work, there are four Hibees, a Jambo and two huns. It's not often that the Huns have to cover the rest of us on cup final day! I've told them to get used to it...

11-05-2012, 09:49 AM
At my work, there are four Hibees, a Jambo and two huns. It's not often that the Huns have to cover the rest of us on cup final day! I've told them to get used to it...

:thumbsup:

yeezus.
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM

I thought I was unlucky having an exam on the Monday after we win the cup .. shame I can't tell the Uni where to go.

vercol36
11-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I thought I was unlucky having an exam on the Monday after we win the cup .. shame I can't tell the Uni where to go.

http://www.doctorsnotestore.com/

:greengrin

muzzhfc
11-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Was originally between me and a yam to see who got the day off but the manager seen sense and has let us both off. Happy days :thumbsup:

thats a shame, you should of got the time off not the yam.

i booked the sat sun and mon off as soon as the full time whistle blew and i got into work

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 10:14 AM

Interesting that he hasn't told them the same thing. :-) actually, the GIRFUY is much more effective when you do nothing. They know and you know and you KNOW that they know that you know (if you see what I mean) and te tension if you say/do absolutely nothing will kill them.

yeezus.
13-05-2012, 10:41 AM
http://www.doctorsnotestore.com/

:greengrin

Think I might need that - if they win however, I will go into hiding for months.

Killiehibbie
13-05-2012, 01:03 PM
I've got a very understanding boss. I'm giving myself as many days off as I need:party:

Sunny1875
13-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Make sure your Sober then and smile knowingly at the yams you work with, at coffee break make sure you have the 'big cup'

scottyc1875
13-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Guys don't think anyone will beat this!
Lucky little me had a ticket and a seat on a bus sorted for the big game. I was really looking foward to the big day. However my whole world crumbled on Friday afternoon when I received a phone call from work which was out of the blue. It basically went along the lines...."sorry to spoil your weekend but get your bags packed your are of to the desert next week!" Absolutely gutted. If there is one good thing out of it at least another Hibee will be able to enjoy the greatest game in history in my absence! GGTTH.

Hibs3-2
13-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Guys don't think anyone will beat this!
Lucky little me had a ticket and a seat on a bus sorted for the big game. I was really looking foward to the big day. However my whole world crumbled on Friday afternoon when I received a phone call from work which was out of the blue. It basically went along the lines...."sorry to spoil your weekend but get your bags packed your are of to the desert next week!" Absolutely gutted. If there is one good thing out of it at least another Hibee will be able to enjoy the greatest game in history in my absence! GGTTH.

I seen Andy put that on Facebook, gutted for you! Hope you get time to hear us banging in the 3rd!

Stephen