PDA

View Full Version : Wearing the Devils colors.

Lofarl
10-05-2012, 06:58 PM
2 weeks ago I happened to be talking to some workmate about Hibs poor form and he said that perhaps I'm bad luck. I'm not superstitious but I tried a wee experiment. Now everytime Hibs are playing I'm wearing green. But we have not exactly set the heather alight have we. So I tired a wee change. When Hearts played Motherwell I wore a old red top that has kinda been dyed to a yammish color due to age. Heart's lost. The next night Aberdeen V Hibs wore a red jumper. Aberdeen lost. On Monday night I was covered in black and white, the whole lot, socks, boxers etc. The Pars got utterly humped.

The question is can I dare wear Maroon come cup final day?

neilmartinrocks
10-05-2012, 07:01 PM
2 weeks ago I happened to be talking to some workmate about Hibs poor form and he said that perhaps I'm bad luck. I'm not superstitious but I tried a wee experiment. Now everytime Hibs are playing I'm wearing green. But we have not exactly set the heather alight have we. So I tired a wee change. When Hearts played Motherwell I wore a old red top that has kinda been dyed to a yammish color due to age. Heart's lost. The next night Aberdeen V Hibs wore a red jumper. Aberdeen lost. On Monday night I was covered in black and white, the whole lot, socks, boxers etc. The Pars got utterly humped.

as long as you do it in company that ken the crack

Kato
10-05-2012, 07:02 PM

Of course. I'm not superstitious but I'm up for any edge we can get.

:wire brush and dettol smiley:

Golden Bear
10-05-2012, 07:13 PM
2 weeks ago I happened to be talking to some workmate about Hibs poor form and he said that perhaps I'm bad luck. I'm not superstitious but I tried a wee experiment. Now everytime Hibs are playing I'm wearing green. But we have not exactly set the heather alight have we. So I tired a wee change. When Hearts played Motherwell I wore a old red top that

has kinda been dyed to a yammish color due to age. Heart's lost. The pnext night Aberdeen V Hibs wore a red jumper. Aberdeen lost. On Monday night I was covered in black and white, the whole lot, socks, boxers etc. The Pars got utterly humped.

Brown underpants will fit in perfectly with their thoughts of the day.

tamig
10-05-2012, 07:42 PM

Absolutely - go for it. I took every bit of clothing I wore to the semi - pants, socks the lot - and put it in a drawer. It will all be back out a week on Saturday. No maroon though!

Northernhibee
10-05-2012, 07:45 PM
Well I've just bought some green and white hair dyes, I'm no wearing pink come Saturday week :flag::flag:

Vini1875
10-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Its funny but I bet the players were thinking the result was down to them, not some random character wearing a maroon jumper, a few hundred others with their lucky pants on and even more saying Hail Mary's.

Wear the maroon jumper under some other gear, the colour really is minging.

JohnStephens91
10-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Absolutely - go for it. I took every bit of clothing I wore to the semi - pants, socks the lot - and put it in a drawer. It will all be back out a week on Saturday. No maroon though!

I have done the exact same as you, only my toxic boxers are in a plastic bag :thumbsup:

Hibercelona
10-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Have you tried pishing on the tops instead to see if that brings any additional luck? :cb

lyonhibs
10-05-2012, 10:42 PM
You're being a tad harsh on Lucifer in all honesty. Red is a perfectly acceptable colour in most circumstances.

Broken Gnome
10-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I wore maroon boxers the day we needed Hearts to beat Dunfermline. Green boxers have been exhausted in almost every eventuality - failed in home games, away games, Sunday games, TV games... But they're still one for one at Hampden. I could miss kick off trying to make the decision.

SmokieJoe
10-05-2012, 11:24 PM

I feel the confusion, i've tried with and without the old man, kids and even kids with different coloured socks (green and white seems to work best) i have even, dare i say it, mensioned the commenentators from hibernian tv to others. do we have a beter away record for a reason? thanks Cliff, and err... Martin?
t when they are commenting together things work out fine :)

Sunny1875
10-05-2012, 11:33 PM
Its funny but I bet the players were thinking the result was down to them, not some random character wearing a maroon jumper, a few hundred others with their lucky pants on and even more saying Hail Mary's.

Wear the maroon jumper under some other gear, the colour really is minging.

Does it match your eyes ,?

Pete
11-05-2012, 02:28 AM

I'm sorry mate but you aren't the jinx and the clothing you wear has no bearing on any match whatsoever.

That's the logical answer but I'm still analysing my scarves/clothing/company/habits from previous big occasions to determine if I've done something wrong or to establish a pattern.

joe breezy
11-05-2012, 06:02 AM
It's an easy colour to avoid wearing as it's so ugly.

I'd hate to be an old firm bigot though as avoiding blue or green would be ridiculous.

When I was 14 I had 3 items that contained wine colouring

A pair of jumbo cords
Patrick cagoule
Gee2 jacket (that I sold to a Hearts fan after a few months - once clothes went out of fashion I could always sell them to the Hearts fans at school - I went to Tynie)

To the original question all that lucky garment stuff is guff so wear something a bit smarter than a jersey that's so battered the poor thing is almost maroon...

Northernhibee
11-05-2012, 07:08 AM

Best not to take any risks. Even if it's just boxers, a bit of maroon to curse those trumpets.