PDA

View Full Version : Cup final could be club captains last game

Billychaotic182
10-05-2012, 05:16 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hibernian/99220-final-countdown-on-hibs-career-for-out-of-contract-captain-ian-murray/

Go out a winner Ian

frazeHFC
10-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Will be sad to see him go, again. Has he played this season?

hibee_girl
10-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Will be sad to see him go, again. Has he played this season?

His last game was the derby at new year

Franck Stanton
10-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Really like Ian Murray as a player, [especially 1st stint with the Club], however, and I don't mean this in a bad way, he has had his time and it's time for him and us to realise this. Good luck to the lad and thanks for the memories. Hope we are 2 goals up in final and he gets on for last few minutes to say his good-byes. :not worth

lyonhibs
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Really like Ian Murray as a player, [especially 1st stint with the Club], however, and I don't mean this in a bad way, he has had his time and it's time for him and us to realise this. Good luck to the lad and thanks for the memories. Hope we are 4 goals up in final and he gets on for last few minutes to say his good-byes. :not worth

Just a quick amendment there.

Agree with the principle though. One of my favourite Hibs players of the past decade, small misdemeanour at The Huns excepted.

Franck Stanton
10-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Just a quick amendment there.

Agree with the principle though. One of my favourite Hibs players of the past decade, small misdemeanour at The Huns excepted.

No problem you correcting me, just hope you are correct.:thumbsup:

Billy Whizz
Do you think he'll be stripped, can't see it myself. No place unfortunately for sentiment. He might however go up for the cup with McPake

GreenCastle
His last game was the derby at new year - thought considering he has hardly played this season he did extremely well in that game :agree:

2 questions -

1 - Is he still the official club captain ?

2 - Will he make it for the 19th - on the bench ?

Weir7
10-05-2012, 06:57 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/hibernian/99220-final-countdown-on-hibs-career-for-out-of-contract-captain-ian-murray/

Go out a winner Ian

If he does very poor by fenlon, that he didn't get 5 mins against dunfy

Hibee1
10-05-2012, 07:02 PM
His last game was the derby at new year - thought considering he has hardly played this season he did extremely well in that game :agree:

2 questions -

1 - Is he still the official club captain ?

2 - Will he make it for the 19th - on the bench ?

He's still club captain, and should make it for the final - he's been on the bench for the past few weeks after returning from injury.
I hope he gets another year with us - I know he's been really gutted to miss so much of the season, especially with it being his testimonial. I understand that he got the operation on his hip so that he could play a few more seasons, otherwise, as we've seen, he's effectively knackered.

Weir7
10-05-2012, 07:17 PM

Go out a winner Ian

smurf
10-05-2012, 07:20 PM

Winners don't do sentiment.

easty
10-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Do you think he'll be stripped, can't see it myself. No place unfortunately for sentiment. He might however go up for the cup with McPake

:agree:

I wouldn't give him a place on the bench. Only 5 places available in the biggest game ever, sentiment shouldn't (and won't) come into it. But I do think he'll be up there with McPake when we win. He deserves that.

hibsbollah
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Id have him on the bench for the final. Desire wins games, even with ****ed knees he'll be a handful.

Weir7
10-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Winners don't do sentiment.

Neil Lennon does. Hez treated people leaving correctly. Fenlon so far in the SPL is no winner.

Baldy
10-05-2012, 07:25 PM

I wouldn't give him a place on the bench. Only 5 places available in the biggest game ever, sentiment shouldn't (and won't) come into it. But I do think he'll be up there with McPake when we win. He deserves that.

he shouldn't be anywhere near the bench or the team ..

cheerio Ian, thanks for the memories, especially the 2 fingered one at Ibrox ... don't let the door hit you on the way out

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Neil Lennon does. Hez treated people leaving correctly. Fenlon so far in the SPL is no winner.

:faf: Citing Neil lennon as a role model.

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 07:29 PM

cheerio Ian, thanks for the memories, especially the 2 fingered one at Ibrox ... don't let the door hit you on the way out

Hibercelona
10-05-2012, 07:32 PM

No doubt you were one of the tubes that was hurling abuse at him for 90 minutes.

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2012, 07:32 PM
:faf: Citing neil lennon as a role model.

lmao

MWHIBBIES
10-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Neil Lennon does. Hez treated people leaving correctly. Fenlon so far in the SPL is no winner.:faf:

Jonnyboy
10-05-2012, 08:28 PM
There is of course the small matter of a game against ICT before the final. Nid will no doubt make his swan song in the Highlands

11-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Been a good servant to the club (Rangers move aside) and hopefully we can send him out with a winners medal! Would quite like to see him lift the cup with McPake, IF the unbelievable happens and we win it!

KWJ
11-05-2012, 12:25 PM
There is of course the small matter of a game against ICT before the final. Nid will no doubt make his swan song in the Highlands

May even play his way onto the bench for the final through this.

Everyone loves O'Hanlon now for centre half on the bench :wink:

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
If you look at the squad if 16 that were stripped for the semi there's only a few places available.
Grant in for Stack obviously
Stevenson in for Towell
And one in for Kujabi if he's injured. We won't have a defender on the bench as it stands so O'Hanlon may come in?

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 01:12 PM
If you look at the squad if 16 that were stripped for the semi there's only a few places available.
Grant in for Stack obviously
Stevenson in for Towell
And one in for Kujabi if he's injured. We won't have a defender on the bench as it stands so O'Hanlon may come in?

:top marks How anyone would pick Murray in the squad is beyond me, hardly played a game this season, and not played at all in months. :confused:

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 01:14 PM
:top marks How anyone would pick Murray in the squad is beyond me, hardly played a game this season, and not played at all in months. :confused:

I agree, are you going?

smurf
11-05-2012, 01:21 PM

A ridiculous analogy really!

blackpoolhibs
11-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I agree, are you going?

Yes, not made my mind up what end yet though?

Billy Whizz
11-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes, not made my mind up what end yet though?

?

PeterboroHibee
11-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Been a good servant to the club and wish him all the best. When he first came back he was excellent but hes not really been up to it recently (either injured or playing poorly), definitely time for both to part ways.

Also dont think he should be on the bench, theres maybe 1 spot available unless anyone gets injured and hes not played in a long time.

Sudds_1
11-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Really like Ian Murray as a player, [especially 1st stint with the Club], however, and I don't mean this in a bad way, he has had his time and it's time for him and us to realise this. Good luck to the lad and thanks for the memories. Hope we are 2 goals up in final and he gets on for last few minutes to say his good-byes. :not worth

Jings....2 up wi 2 minutes to go is nowhere near safe enough for this Hibs team! :greengrin