PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Johnny Hayes

Northernhibee
10-05-2012, 12:31 PM
No coming to us, Aberdeen bound. According to a sheep in the know, he was recently househunting.

Hfc_Since1875
10-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Doesnt sound like we were interested in him which is dissappointing!!

Would of loved for us to make a move for him and swanson on either wing would have given us width which weve severly lacked this season!!

Sure i read somwhere that paw Broon was after swanson aswell!
The sheep could put together a good team next season i think!

HoboHarry
10-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Given that Hibs don't talk about transfers until they are done and dusted, how does anyone know who the club is interested in and indeed talking to?

Craig_in_Prague
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
He's a decent player; but can folks not sit tight and let Pat go out over this summer and re-shape the team?

Maybe he knows better?

Cocaine&Caviar
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
Swanson___Murray Davidson___Claros___Stevenson

DC_Hibs
10-05-2012, 01:13 PM

Is that you Yogi?

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2012, 01:15 PM
He's pish anyway

edinburghhibee
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Quite disappointed in this news I think he is a smashing player and would love to see him in a hibs jersey every week, plenty of sell on value in him too. But I trust Pat and its obviously not the direction he wants his team to take... or maybe he has better lined up:aok:.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Is that you Yogi?

That was Murray Davidson, not Murray and Davidson.

marinello59
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM

Would of loved for us to make a move for him and swanson on either wing would have given us width which weve severly lacked this season!!

:faf: I wouldn't waste any time worrying about who that shower are signing. They are and will remain a shambles of a club.

frazeHFC
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM

Osbourne > Davidson

Cocaine&Caviar
10-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Osbourne > Davidson

Couldn't disagree more, Murray is far core consistent, is able to control a game, is proven in the SPL, and an Edinburgh lad.

Hibs90
10-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Just because he's from Edinburgh doesn't mean anything footballing ability wise! Osbourne > the world IMO. :wink::agree:

pentlando
10-05-2012, 01:55 PM
Couldn't disagree more, Murray is far core consistent, is able to control a game, is proven in the SPL, and an Edinburgh lad.

Just out of interest how many St Johnstone game's have you seen this season. Not having a dig, just to determine consistency IMO you have to watch 20+ games in a row. I'm sure this is the scouting system Wenger uses, where a player is scouted in lots of consecutive games. For me, Osbourne never hides and works tirelessly. Sometimes his link up play going forward isn't at it's greatest every week, but it's worth remembering he's been shunted about the midfield for much of the season.

JIm
10-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Edinburgh? Thought he was Borders?

easty
10-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Just out of interest how many St Johnstone game's have you seen this season. Not having a dig, just to determine consistency IMO you have to watch 20+ games in a row. I'm sure this is the scouting system Wenger uses, where a player is scouted in lots of consecutive games. For me, Osbourne never hides and works tirelessly. Sometimes his link up play going forward isn't at it's greatest every week, but it's worth remembering he's been shunted about the midfield for much of the season.

You think Wenger watches potential signings for 20+ consecutive games? No chance he does, he'll maybe have scouts watching them and then read the reports, listen to the feedback. But if that quailifies him to make a decision then why can't reading match reports that talk up Murray Davidsons ability count as well? By all accounts Murray Davidson seems like a good player, and more often than not I read that he's had a good game.

But, like you, I do really rate Osbourne.:agree:

offshorehibby
10-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Here we go, some guy reckons he's house hunting in aberdeen so that's it set in stone. I would imagine PF has not been sitting on his erse but planning and looking at players for next season. I'll wait and see who he brings in and back 100%. I would also imagine better players will be wanting to sign for a Scottish cup winning team.

bighairyfaeleith
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
You think Wenger watches potential signings for 20+ consecutive games? No chance he does, he'll maybe have scouts watching them and then read the reports, listen to the feedback. But if that quailifies him to make a decision then why can't reading match reports that talk up Murray Davidsons ability count as well? By all accounts Murray Davidson seems like a good player, and more often than not I read that he's had a good game.

But, like you, I do really rate Osbourne.:agree:

Surely you would trust your own scouts opinions though ahead of a match report written by someone you don't know??

Broken Gnome
10-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I read the house-hunting bit weeks ago in the Aberdeen press, acknowledged by Brown himself, just when Aberdeen were declaring their interest.

If we wants to stay up North, so be it. Swanson on the other hand would surely pick Hibs over Aberdeen if the contract offers were even remotely similar.

Billy Whizz
10-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I read the house-hunting bit weeks ago in the Aberdeen press, acknowledged by Brown himself, just when Aberdeen were declaring their interest.

If we wants to stay up North, so be it. Swanson on the other hand would surely pick Hibs over Aberdeen if the contract offers were even remotely similar.

We probably don't want 2 wingers. 1st pick for Hibs was probably Swanson and looks like this may happen if our potential 2nd choice is going to the Dons.

Cocaine&Caviar
10-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Just because he's from Edinburgh doesn't mean anything footballing ability wise! Osbourne > the world IMO. :wink::agree:

Yep, because I only mentioned one attribute right enough. Simply meant that he might fancy a return back here which would be beneficial as Im sure hes going to have some big offers being a free agent this summer.

Edinburgh? Thought he was Borders?

Nope.

easty
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
Surely you would trust your own scouts opinions though ahead of a match report written by someone you don't know??

He signed Manuel Almunia, Andre Santos, Marouane Chamakh and Chu Young Park on the advice of his scouts...........so maybe he needs a rethink.

easty
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
We probably don't want 2 wingers. 1st pick for Hibs was probably Swanson and looks like this may happen if our potential 2nd choice is going to the Dons.

I'd have Hayes over Swanson any day.

GraniteCityHibs
10-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Broon needs to do something. The level of apathy in the Dons support is at an all time high.... (or low!?) after yet another semi-final loss

Who was it that beat them again???

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Is it that time again already?

You all know what I mean, the time when hibs.net experts identify the players we should going after. Then they work out how much we can afford to pay them, then moan like **** when we have yet again "missed out" on a player to a smaller club because we never offered enough. It's a remarkable system considering it's all carried out without the knowledge or input of the one person that matters......................THE MANAGER. :greengrin

easty
10-05-2012, 03:18 PM
Broon needs to do something.

Hurry up and die already? (too harsh? :paranoid:)

xyz23jc
10-05-2012, 03:20 PM
:faf: I wouldn't waste any time worrying about who that shower are signing. They are and will remain a shambles of a club.

:agree:
:thumbsup::greengrin:top marks And long may it continue!!

Springbank
10-05-2012, 04:38 PM
No coming to us, Aberdeen bound. According to a sheep in the know, he was recently househunting.

His medical at ER showed up a rare allergy to precious metals.

He'll not be going near any trophies at Pittodrie at least

frazeHFC
10-05-2012, 05:10 PM

Oh yeah, he's from Edinburgh, lets sign him up...

Davidson is decent but never overly impresses. Osbourne on the other hand looks a real class player imo on his day, and rarely has poor games.