PDA

View Full Version : Start your cup final weekend with a trip to Hampden - Friday 18th May

RIP
10-05-2012, 10:38 AM
At the Scottish Cup semi-final we had an excellent crew of 20 Hibbies who met at 5.30 pm to install 10,000 green and white cards and 600 streamers for the pre-match display. Their efforts were well rewarded. I hope everyone has seen the fantastic video "Hampden Hibees" on YouTube? :flag:

There have been a couple of other great volunteering efforts since that day. 60 turned out for the Doors Open movie shoot to raise 1200 pounds. 20 jangled buckets on Monday night and raised 1460 pounds. From grandparents, mums, dads, kids, groups of pals to single adult supporters more and more of you are getting behind the club to support the Hibernian FC cause

Our mission on Saturday 19th May is to create the mother of all pre-match displays against the Hearts. We are told that they are bringing a big flag and a few thousand streamers. There is a very special Hibs Supporters Display planned for the big day and unlike Hearts we will not be announcing ours in advance. We do need a bigger crew however if we are going to deliver this in style and inspire our players. We want to make their jaws drop when the come out that tunnel at 2.50 pm

So whether you have helped out before or not, please put your name forward join the crew on Friday 18th May at 5.30 pm. Last time we organised lifts although there were many volunteers from central and West Scotland. This time we are expecting others from Fife, Borders and the Highlands to join in. If you are travelling from overseas you could build it in to your plans for the weekend and have a few bevvies in the weeg afterwards. Last time we were finished for 8.15pm

Please sign up by pm or post
Glory Glory
:pfgwa

mickki40
10-05-2012, 11:16 AM
as you know I will be there. Just bumping the thread.

Houchy
10-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Me and my daughter (9) will be staying at the premier inn at Glasgow Airport as we are going to Florida the next day. If you are ok with a 9 year old helping and we can get a lift, from and back to the hotel, we'll help.:thumbsup:

Sammy7nil
10-05-2012, 11:25 AM
Me and my daughter (9) will be staying at the premier inn at Glasgow Airport as we are going to Florida the next day. If you are ok with a 9 year old helping and we can get a lift, from and back to the hotel, we'll help.:thumbsup:

Florida fantastic
Florida in the back of a cup win Priceless :greengrin

DarrenSQH
10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Me and My friend Liam who i work with are up for this. We work in livi so could get there for about 6. Will try to get away a bit earlier thogh.

Sir David Gray
10-05-2012, 06:43 PM

I can't think of a more perfect weekend!

Apart from maybe leaving the trip to Florida until the Monday, allowing me to watch the parade down Leith Walk! :wink:

DH1875
10-05-2012, 06:46 PM

Hope your no missing the game.

speedy_gonzales
10-05-2012, 08:53 PM
PM'd mate:thumbsup:

RIP
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM

Age no barrier Houchy, will put you on list and seek lift at the same time. Pm sent

Me and My friend Liam who i work with are up for this. We work in livi so could get there for about 6. Will try to get away a bit earlier thogh.

Be better to get there for the briefing at 5.30 but will put you on reserve list for now. Let me know if you can make the start

PM'd mate:thumbsup:

Replied

UPDATE - first 10 names in :thumbsup:

At The Edge
10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I'll be there
:thumbsup:

RIP
10-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I'll be there
:thumbsup:

Thanks Sticks

Just counted Bounce replies - up to 23 now

Nearly half way there after 1 day :thumbsup:

Chuck Rhoades
11-05-2012, 09:26 AM
Bump - with literally tens of thousands of items to lay we really need your help!

RIP
11-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Update

30 definites

7 maybes

Some previous volunteers still to contact

Does anyone have a van - transit preferred?
Happt to pay fuel if required

sarfoftheborder
11-05-2012, 12:51 PM
My brother and I are meeting up nearby in the afternoon. We can come along and give a hand.

RIP
11-05-2012, 01:55 PM
My brother and I are meeting up nearby in the afternoon. We can come along and give a hand.

Thanks mate - you have a private message :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
11-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Wish I could help but have a prior engagement.

Any plans for taking the big flags which were at the Semi - I remember seeing you guys put together a list of all the flags - would be good to see them again possibly before the card display ? Try and get a flag in every other section of seats maybe ?

Rumor has it SSN are going to see our pink neighbors set up their streamers (not quite sure why? :confused:) - any plans for SSN to be involved here ?

down-the-slope
11-05-2012, 02:52 PM
Update

30 definites

7 maybes

Some previous volunteers still to contact

Does anyone have a van - transit preferred?
Happt to pay fuel if required

Do those numbers include Me / Brother & 2 girls 13 & 14? (pm'd someone ages ago)

We are going through early afternoon Friday - staying in Hotel - was taking car, but could take Crew Van?

Mike_C
11-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Hopefully you'll see me on said flight with my Hibs top on!!!

RIP
12-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Do those numbers include Me / Brother & 2 girls 13 & 14? (pm'd someone ages ago)

We are going through early afternoon Friday - staying in Hotel - was taking car, but could take Crew Van?

I didnt get a pm but you have one now :greengrin

We may have stock to transport early afternoon :thumbsup:

RIP
12-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Further numbers

Confirmed 38
To confirm 7 some arriving later than 5.30 or needing transport
To contact 12

Looking for 60 total plus a van

Thanks to everybody so far - it will be a blast
One of the crew has a gig in Glasgow afterwards - some of us may be up for after set up drinks
Get the Cup Final party started early

:pfgwa

Ultrabee1-0
12-05-2012, 01:41 AM
thats me dropped a pm:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
12-05-2012, 09:03 AM
you have a pm

frazeHFC
12-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Wish I could help but have a prior engagement.

Any plans for taking the big flags which were at the Semi - I remember seeing you guys put together a list of all the flags - would be good to see them again possibly before the card display ? Try and get a flag in every other section of seats maybe ?

Rumor has it SSN are going to see our pink neighbors set up their streamers (not quite sure why? :confused:) - any plans for SSN to be involved here ?

SSN were there last time but it as made very clear to them they are not welcome to interview any of us, especialy when Sky plays its part in ruining Sat 3pm games. :wink:

RIP
12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
thats me dropped a pm:thumbsup:

Thanks D - will keep in touch about transport

you have a pm

Thanks for the offer BH - very generous. It's at times like this it makes me real proud to be a Hibee :thumbsup:

down-the-slope
12-05-2012, 03:02 PM
I didnt get a pm but you have one now :greengrin

We may have stock to transport early afternoon :thumbsup:

Thats because it was to Ross - he said would drop a PM near the time

Nevi1875
12-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Do you still need a hand I could do it but don't have transport
Cheers

RIP
14-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Do you still need a hand I could do it but don't have transport
Cheers

We have a shortage of cars from Edinburgh at 4pm - a few leaving earlier. OK from Glasgow, Hamilton, East Kilbride, East Lothian and West Lothian

You have a pm Nevi - will put you on the list

Wanted - 1 more car