PDA

View Full Version : Sunshine on Leith

VPHIBEE
09-05-2012, 09:29 PM
I think every Hibee that was there in 2007 was overcome with emotion when 20,000 plus Hibees sang Sunshine on Leith at Hampden. Every current Hibs player will probably have Googled the clips of this, and are imagining being in the team that wins the Scottish Cup against Them for the first time in 110 years (as every ***** (I can't even bring myself to say the word) is only too happy to point out to you at every opportunity).

Monday night should refresh every Hibees memory of what the crowd can do to help the team. Imagine the inspiration to the team if they walk out to start the game to Sunshine on Leith from 20,000 plus Hibees.

I don't know how this could be arranged, any ideas?

P.S. I don't know how excited you are, but I have not been able to sit still since They beat Celtic!

Northernhibee
09-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Yep, looks like we should have more fans than them (serious doubts that the yams will sell out their allocation) so we should easily outsing them.

Would sound fantastic.:flag::pfgwa

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I think every Hibee that was there in 2007 was overcome with emotion when 20,000 plus Hibees sang Sunshine on Leith at Hampden. Every current Hibs player will probably have Googled the clips of this, and are imagining being in the team that wins the Scottish Cup against Them for the first time in 110 years (as every ***** (I can't even bring myself to say the word) is only too happy to point out to you at every opportunity).

Monday night should refresh every Hibees memory of what the crowd can do to help the team. Imagine the inspiration to the team if they walk out to start the game to Sunshine on Leith from 20,000 plus Hibees.

I don't know how this could be arranged, any ideas?

P.S. I don't know how excited you are, but I have not been able to sit still since They beat Celtic!

Eh? Try 35,0000 :aok:

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Yep, looks like we should have more fans than them (serious doubts that the yams will sell out their allocation) so we should easily outsing them.

As painful as it is for me to stick up for them. I'm pretty certain they will sell out.

This fixture could fill Murrayfield easily with thousands still missing out

Northernhibee
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
As painful as it is for me to stick up for them. I'm pretty certain they will sell out.

This fixture could fill Murrayfield easily with thousands still missing out

Put it this way, even if they have a wee scrabble around for loose change under the sofa, we've shown that we're going to 100% get behind our team and ensure our end is full to roar them onto the pitch, and they are fairly indifferent about it.

Either way, we'll be able to outsing them :flag:

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:28 PM
Put it this way, even if they have a wee scrabble around for loose change under the sofa, we've shown that we're going to 100% get behind our team and ensure our end is full to roar them onto the pitch, and they are fairly indifferent about it.

Either way, we'll be able to outsing them :flag:

Exactly, we have nothing to lose. We will be sigining from first minute till last.

They, on the other hand, will be completely bricking it. Won't hear a peep from them after the first goal :wink:

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 11:24 PM
Eh? Try 35,0000 :aok:

Now you're just being as deluded as the jamboids. :wink:

Probably closer to 35,000. :greengrin

10-05-2012, 09:52 AM

We always do that anyway.

Sunshine on Leith is absolutely brilliant when in full swing and all the scarves are up. The 2007 cup final was just incredible!

:flag:

hughio
10-05-2012, 12:03 PM
We always do that anyway.

Sunshine on Leith is absolutely brilliant when in full swing and all the scarves are up. The 2007 cup final was just incredible!

:flag:

Yeah but we can only ever do it with the help of that stonking PA system at Hampden.

They aint going to turn it on just for that number BEFORE kick off are they?:cb