PDA

View Full Version : Saturday's match Vs Inverness

pentlando
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Not seen a thread mentioning it, so sorry if it's been discussed already.

Was surprised there's not been any mention of it, but a 3 goal win would see us finish in 10th position. Not sure how much this would mean, but is it not usually in the region of half a million per place?

With Hibs going into this high on confidence after the Pars game and having won twice there this season, I feel we should be going there to win, and win big. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Any extra money we can make this season could be crucial to Fenlon's summer restructuring of the squad.

BoltonHibee
09-05-2012, 06:21 PM
£50k

pentlando
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
£50k

I think my half a million per place was a total brain fart, 50k sounds much more like it. Still, that's half of James McPake, so definitely worth going for :greengrin

hibbybrian
09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
£50k

If reports are to be believed that would be half of McPakes transfer fee :greengrin

Brooster
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Put our second string out, we have bigger fish to fry.

JohnStephens91
09-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Griffiths should play at least 20 minutes or so of the game as he wasn't playing on Monday. Other than that I want to see a line-up which is mostly not going to be playing on the 19th. Caldwell should get a start up front and I want Murray to play a part too.

BoltonHibee
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM

Agree with this, winning the Final will nett far more than £50k

HibsMax
09-05-2012, 06:40 PM

Agree with this, winning the Final will nett far more than £50k

+2

The ICT game is a nothing game. There is NO reason to risk any of our key players. I know we can't wrap them in cotton wool but how pissed would everyone be if we lost one or more key players?

AFKA5814_Hibs
09-05-2012, 06:40 PM
It would be good to finish above ICT, but wouldn't want to risk the likes of McPake, Griffiths or O'Connor getting injured/sent off in the game and missing the Cup Final. Whilst a win would be nice, having all our best players available for the Cup Final is more important than an extra £50k in the bank.

Www1875hfc
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Just to add to the topic, Who's all going?

Brooster
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Grant

Taggart
Ohanlon
Stephens
Booth

Stanton
Murray
Towell
Galbraith

Caldwell
Handling

Subs
Antell
Smith
Forster
Welsh
Lancaster
Harris
Brooster

Take no chances with anyone likely to feature at Hampden.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 06:47 PM
I don't think theres any real risk with playing the game with the main men to be honest.

Neither team is exactly going to go for it and it might help prevent the players from switching into holiday mode.

HibsMax
09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think theres any real risk with playing the game with the main men to be honest.

Neither team is exactly going to go for it and it might help prevent the players from switching into holiday mode.

Not to be a doom and gloomer, and to detract from football for a second, but a couple of years ago Wes Welker (outstanding receiver for the NE Patriots) went over on his knee, unchallenged, in a game against Houston. We lost him for the playoffs. ANYTHING (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792582) can happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH_T-8bnf80 Welker is "small" but solid and hard as nails.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Me!

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Holiday mode a week before a SC Final v them, really?

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Not to be a doom and gloomer, and to detract from football for a second, but a couple of years ago Wes Welker (outstanding receiver for the NE Patriots) went over on his knee, unchallenged, in a game against Houston. We lost him for the playoffs. ANYTHING (http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4792582) can happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH_T-8bnf80 Welker is "small" but solid and hard as nails.

Theres no less chance of that happening during training.

The Inverness game woud be nothing more than a pre-cup friendly.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Holiday mode a week before a SC Final v them, really?

Its easy for players to turn off, even after a week.

The last thing we want is 11 players on that pitch who look like they haven't stretched their muscles for a week.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM

Nae point.................is there any final tickets up for grabs? :wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 07:04 PM

The last thing we want is 11 players on that pitch who look like they haven't stretched their muscles for a week.

Aye I'm sure that will be allowed to happen during the preparations for a final right enough.

Vault Boy
09-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Sorry if aforementioned, but Fenlon said in his interview on HibenianTV that there would be a couple of changes for players who need game time, but the team would generally stay the same. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Are you serious? FFS this is the biggest game of their careers no-one is going to turn off before a SC final against Hearts!!!!

JohnStephens91
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM

I'm heading up. Enjoyed it last time, big disappointment when I found out they order their pies in from Glasgow!

CropleyWasGod
09-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Are you serious? FFS this is the biggest game of their careers no-one is going to turn off before a SC final against Hearts!!!!

I think it's more that players, subconsciously, will try and avoid injury.

Just a week or so before the 79 final, we lost 6-1 at Firhill.

HibsMax
09-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Theres no less chance of that happening during training.

The Inverness game woud be nothing more than a pre-cup friendly.

Absolutely true. Worse can happen in training, like a punch in the puss! :)

All I will say is that if anyone is injured in that game you can already visualise the posts that will follow.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I think it's more that players, subconsciously, will try and avoid injury.

Just a week or so before the 79 final, we lost 6-1 at Firhill.

I think you've missed the point which was someone saying the main men should play against ICT to prevent them switching off before the final! My counter argument was that there was no way they would switch off if they are rested for the ICT game.

CropleyWasGod
09-05-2012, 07:18 PM
I think you've missed the point which was someone saying the main men should play against ICT to prevent them switching off before the final! My counter argument was that there was no way they would switch off if they are rested for the ICT game.

Me? Miss the point on Hibs.net?

Me? Not read the whole thread?

Aye okay... :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 07:19 PM

I concur with SH!

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Me? Miss the point on Hibs.net?

Me? Not read the whole thread?

Aye okay... :greengrin

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Grant

Taggart
Ohanlon
Stephens
Booth

Stanton
Murray
Towell
Galbraith

Caldwell
Handling

Subs
Antell
Smith
Forster
Welsh
Lancaster
Harris
Brooster

:greengrin

HibsMax
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Apart from resting / protecting the players before the big game, wouldn't it be a nice gesture for Hibs to give the other guys a run out? Give them a taste of what might be to come?

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
:greengrin

Is Galbraith allowed to limp or perhaps use crutches :greengrin

hibbybrian
09-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Apart from resting / protecting the players before the big game, wouldn't it be a nice gesture for Hibs to give the other guys a run out? Give them a taste of what might be to come?

:agree: give a couple of promising youngsters a game and we should also be giving the "final" subs a run out

Wellbankhibby
09-05-2012, 07:35 PM

Was surprised there's not been any mention of it, but a 3 goal win would see us finish in 10th position. Not sure how much this would mean, but is it not usually in the region of half a million per place?

With Hibs going into this high on confidence after the Pars game and having won twice there this season, I feel we should be going there to win, and win big. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Any extra money we can make this season could be crucial to Fenlon's summer restructuring of the squad.

I noticed the opportunity to finish above Cally as well but lets be honest we are unlikely to win by three clear goals. Lets just be happy and glad that there is no pressure on us. There is only ONE game that counts lets get right into the Unmentionables. :flag:

jgl07
09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Some players definately need to be left out including McPake, Osbourne, (in case of injury), and Griffiths (in case of suspension).

Some need to be included to give them match time including Doyle, Sproule, O'Hanlon.

I am not sure which category O'Connor fits into. He probably should be left out.

Billy Whizz
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Some players definately need to be left out including McPake, Osbourne, (in case of injury), and Griffiths (in case of suspension).

Some need to be included to give them match time including Doyle, Sproule, O'Hanlon.

I am not sure which category O'Connor fits into. He probably should be left out.

Lots of possibilities
In Pat we trust

Brooster
09-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Is Galbraith allowed to limp or perhaps use crutches :greengrin

Is he injured again?

09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Grant

Taggart
Ohanlon
Stephens
Booth

Stanton
Murray
Towell
Galbraith

Caldwell
Handling

Subs
Antell
Smith
Forster
Welsh
Lancaster
Harris
Brooster

Is Forster not on loan at Berwick Rangers?

scoopyboy
09-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Usually £50,000 per place.

Think Rangers get in the region of £900,000 for being runners up.

I wouldn't play any of my starting 11 for the final at ICT, but then again I'm not the manager.

scoopyboy
09-05-2012, 09:07 PM
Is Forster not on loan at Berwick Rangers?

Forster and Handling were.

BR season is now over.

helsbels
10-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Grant

Taggart
Ohanlon
Stephens
Booth

Stanton
Murray
Towell
Galbraith

Caldwell
Handling

Subs
Antell
Smith
Forster
Welsh
Lancaster
Harris
Brooster

Taggart out on loan at Stranraer, in the play offs 1st leg Stranraer won 3-1, Hampden on Saturday.

Broken Gnome
10-05-2012, 02:27 PM
He won't rest everyone; not sure you'd want O'Connor to miss a game for instance, and Griffiths won't have played in two and a half weeks by the 19th.

Brown/Grant

Francomb
O'Hanlon
Stephens/Murray
Booth

Sproule
Welsh
Wotherspoon
Claros

Half each for O'Connor and Griffiths, then Doyle and O'Donovan.

JimBHibees
10-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I wouldn't play any of my starting 11 for the final at ICT, but then again I'm not the manager.

That would be my view also. A second string team with guys like Grant, Francomb, Doyle, ROD, Ivan, Spoony etc getting a run out.

No way would I include any of the starting final team. You never know there may be someone wanting to make a name for themselves by injuring someone or getting someone important sent off. We can play bounce games at East Mains to keep them match fit.

I remember vividly the folly of McLeish playing his full team at Ibrox 6 days before the 2001 final which left Sauzee a complete passenger in the final due to a hamstring injury.