PDA

View Full Version : Some Icing on the cake

KSA Hibee
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM
So apart from the obvious of us winning the bloody thing what would be the "icing on the cake" for you at Hampden?

Obvious one is having family with me at the final (who will be) but mine would have be to when we are back at ER parading the cup to finally see the return of Le God on the pitch to join in the party.

What's yours?

lucky
09-05-2012, 06:11 PM
Managing to make it home by Tuesday

Golden Bear
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Providing the big team are the home team then a 0 -7 scoreline will do very nicely thank you.!

madabouthibs
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
A 93rd minute Hanlon thunderbolt like the one on Monday night would be not only the icing, but the sprinkly bits, crushed almonds, and creme-fraiche for me likes!:greengrin

essexhibee
09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
A picture of the hearts fans crying in the newspaper :aok:

Onceinawhile
09-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Taking my son to the victory parade

Thecat23
09-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Seeing my dads face when we lift it is what I'm waiting for. He's suffered like most older Hibs fans and sadly due to health reasons he can't go. So when I get home knowing we have won I'm going to honestly tell him the wait was worth it because its won against them. Thats after I stop hugging him. Stick in there dad, the Hibs are finally going to bring this cup home to Easter Road for us all, and all that have missed the chance to see it. C'mon boys you can do it.

Sauzee07
09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Albert Kidd handing out the winners medals!

Barney McGrew
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
A winner five minutes in to injury time with the last kick of the ball, from a move that is three yards offside and is via an attempted clearance by Black that rattles in off Skacel's puss and through the keeper's legs.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 07:57 PM
James McPake last minute header past the goal keeper from a corner that never was. :cb

And Ian Murray to run past the Jambos at full time with a GIRFUY gesture and another 0-7 haircut. :greengrin

persevere1875
09-05-2012, 08:05 PM
A this moment I have to confess that I cant even get my head round actually seeing Hibs lifting the scottish cup, 43 years of knowing what it truly means to every hibby ive ever know, no one to ever say i was there and this is how it felt, seeing Hibs lifting the scottish cup and actually being there to witness it will always be the holy grail, just the chance to watch them lift it and against them is almost to much to comprehend especially as for once I have a very different feeling to this final than ive had to any other, no nervesjust a quiet confidence, so to me to turn on the final whistle and watch the tears of joy explode from every Hibby in the ground will be the icing on the cake. GGTTH

Eyrie
09-05-2012, 09:35 PM
The Hearts end to be empty with fifteen minutes to go.

Hermit Crab
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
I want to see us bully them off the park for once.

sleeping giant
09-05-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm torn between romping into a 3 goal lead in the first half hour or Lewis Stevenson scoring the winner in the 92nd minute.
If we romp to an early lead , we could enjoy the rest of the match. Can you imagine the emotion if we won it in the 92ns minute :panic:

I would genuinely fear for the health of some of our older fans.

Its going to be mental :greengrin

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 09:51 PM
I have two.

Win by 3 goals or more - This would be a whole new cake, never mind icing.

Find some way of gettting SoL on video without ruining it with my tone-deaf singing, while still singing my heart out to it :cb

HibbiesandtheBaddies
09-05-2012, 09:51 PM
Icing on the cake for me would be Jumbo Jeffries handing over the cup to James McPake.

down-the-slope
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
A match that is so full of great football and excitement causing the nation to forget the OF even exist .....and then us wining it on penalty kicks after a 4-4 draw....with Brown saving from Rudi.....and then Hanlon sticking in the winner....

Glory Lurker
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I don't care about the result or any icing, so long as football is the winner :fibber:

Like a few others in another thread, I'd love Ivan to get the winner.

ekhibee
09-05-2012, 10:01 PM
an Andy Webster or Ian Black own goal would do for me, particularly if it won the cup for us. And Skacel to miss a penalty as well, that'd be even better.

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
A match that is so full of great football and excitement causing the nation to forget the OF even exist .....and then us wining it on penalty kicks after a 4-4 draw....with Brown saving from Rudi.....and then Hanlon sticking in the winner....

People would die, pal. :bitchy:

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 10:06 PM

400,000 jambos will die that day. :aok:

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:13 PM
It confuses me that some people are bent to simply want the worst scenario for Hearts, rather than what is best for Hibs. This is the most historic occasion in this clubs long, long history and the emotion that is piling up behind this fixture is overwhelming. It will be the most important, emotional and happy day in so many people's lives should we win this cup and so I can imagine no better way to win it than on our OWN merit and through our OWN passion.

Not only would a last minute, winning OG from Black make the cup feel less deserved for us as fans, as a club and for the players, it would also give the yams something to further hang on to and hold over our heads. If we go out there and play that Hearts side off the park, down the M8 and all the way back into their asbestos filled bus shelter of a stadium by being far better at football on the day, then what better way to end this agonizing wait and finally end the hoodoo.

It should be our day on the 19th. Hearts should be a sidenote; a mere extra in the biggest day of celebrations this club has ever seen and the day should be remembered as the day Hibs won the Scottish Cup, not the day Hearts lost it.

:flag:GGTTH:flag:

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:13 PM
400,000 jambos will die that day. :aok:

Inside they will, aye. :cb

stoneyburn hibs
09-05-2012, 10:14 PM
The icing on the cake for me would simply be waking up on sunday 20th may knowing that its my team who are the scottish cup holders , my team that has ended a 110 year wait and my team that will have the bragging rights over the gorgie tramps for a long long time.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 10:16 PM
It confuses me that some people are bent to simply want the worst scenario for Hearts, rather than what is best for Hibs. This is the most historic occasion in this clubs long, long history and the emotion that is piling up behind this fixture is overwhelming. It will be the most important, emotional and happy day in so many people's lives should we win this cup and so I can imagine no better way to win it than on our OWN merit and through our OWN passion.

Not only would a last minute, winning OG from Black make the cup feel less deserved for us as fans, as a club and for the players, it would also give the yams something to further hang on to and hold over our heads. If we go out there and play that Hearts side off the park, down the M8 and all the way back into their asbestos filled bus shelter of a stadium by being far better at football on the day, then what better way to end this agonizing wait and finally end the hoodoo.

It should be our day on the 19th. Hearts should be a sidenote; a mere extra in the biggest day of celebrations this club has ever seen and the day should be remembered as the day Hibs won the Scottish Cup, not the day Hearts lost it.

:flag:GGTTH:flag:

Well said to be fair.

:top marks

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 10:29 PM
To win it emphatically with no controversy involved.

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:38 PM
To win it emphatically with no controversy involved.

Precisely :top marks

easty
09-05-2012, 10:42 PM
I'd love for Ian Murray to come off the bench and score a late winner, but I'm not even convinced he'll make the subs bench.

We're going to win and it doesn't really matter to me who gets our goals, but I'd love it to be one of our own lads. Gaz, Lewis, Hanlon or Spoony.

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I'd love for Ian Murray to come off the bench and score a late winner, but I'm not even convinced he'll make the subs bench.

We're going to win and it doesn't really matter to me who gets our goals, but I'd love it to be one of our own lads. Gaz, Lewis, Hanlon or Spoony.

I think Hanlon would be my dream winning goalscorer. I've always loved him as a player. Would be brilliant for him to get the winner.

King Paddy
09-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Seeing my dads face when we lift it is what I'm waiting for. He's suffered like most older Hibs fans and sadly due to health reasons he can't go. So when I get home knowing we have won I'm going to honestly tell him the wait was worth it because its won against them. Thats after I stop hugging him. Stick in there dad, the Hibs are finally going to bring this cup home to Easter Road for us all, and all that have missed the chance to see it. C'mon boys you can do it.

Being a realist and looking at the pressure of 110 years i can't share the optimism of the
majority of our fans. If it was anyone but hearts and the old firm i feel the hoodo would
come to an end and we would lift the bloody cup, but sorry guys just can't see it
happening so i'm glad i won't be their to witess yet another downer. I am a dyed in the wool
hibee and nothing on this earth would give me more pleasure than to see it in my lifetime.
I still think that avoiding the drop and reaching the final is still an achievement in it's self,
and the financial benefits of SPL status plus merchandising for the final will aid Pat Fenlon
in bringing in some quality players for next season.

Ultrabee1-0
09-05-2012, 10:56 PM
mcpake to take one for the team and snap black in the 89th min in the penalty box, beattie takes the pen hits the bar brown catches it boots it up to gazza plays it sparky, sparky to beat webster & mcgowan cut inside curl it top corner:greengrin

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Being a realist and looking at the pressure of 110 years i can't share the optimism of the
majority of our fans. If it was anyone but hearts and the old firm i feel the hoodo would
come to an end and we would lift the bloody cup, but sorry guys just can't see it
happening so i'm glad i won't be their to witess yet another downer. I am a dyed in the wool
hibee and nothing on this earth would give me more pleasure than to see it in my lifetime.
I still think that avoiding the drop and reaching the final is still an achievement in it's self,
and the financial benefits of SPL status plus merchandising for the final will aid Pat Fenlon

Dyed in the wool fans go to cup finals. Whatever the odds.

easty
09-05-2012, 11:03 PM

Wi' that attitude I'm glad you'll no be at Hampden!:confused:

SteveHFC
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Last Minute winner from Osbourne :agree:

Broken Gnome
09-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I'm quite up for the emotional horrors of a one goal lead into injury time while Hearts have about 27 corners in a row, just doing enough to hold on and the biggest release of noise and tension ever imaginable at full time. Coasting it 3-0 just wouldn't be the same.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 11:20 PM
Last Minute winner from Osbourne :agree:

I'd happily take a Drag.... I mean, Zalukas own goal in the last minute, as long as we win. :cool2:

Sunny1875
10-05-2012, 01:41 AM
Simply winning any way will do

LEaston87
10-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Would love it if kujabi scores one of his horrible roberto carlos style free kicks in injury time from about 35 yards, shot travelling miles wide but takes a wicked deflection of ian black!

Teo10
10-05-2012, 07:01 AM
What better time for McPake to have his first hibs goal :cb

0-0, 1 minute to go and its a corner to hibs, griffiths whips the ball in and Sir James rises above all to bullet the ball into the net and send thousands of hibs fans insane!!!

7 Hills
10-05-2012, 07:07 AM
The icing on the cake for me would be to win The Cup this year when I am 43. 4 + 3 = 7.

bingo70
10-05-2012, 07:11 AM
I've given him a lot of stick this season but I'd be delighted for him if Stevenson notched the winner.

Liams
10-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Its not per say "icing on the cake" but I'd honestly love a few of our players to score and showing they are hibs class, maybe not even hibs class but hibs legends! Obv I'd love to seee sparky or GOC bang in a hattrick. But the likes of LS (who I honestly feel deserves a goal the most after nearly half a season of being our best player, just to top of his season, or even a CIS cup performance ), spoony or even Hanlon to score the winner or first goal, I feel they deserve after years of stick on here and on bounce. Honestly thinking about it now, there's not a player in the side that I don't feel deserves a goal, all the loaness have made an impact or improved the players around them. A wee roberto carlos free kick (like the one against france) from kajabi wouldn't go a miss.

So from that rant it makes want 16-0 score line, everyone to score and hatricks from GOC and sparky! And brown to make a few goood saves (can't forget him) Is that to much to ask? It would win it in style!

Pretty Boy
10-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Don't care how we win as long as we do.

My Grandad, who first started taking me to games when I was 3, can't make the final due to health issues. Being able to phone him ASAP after the game would be the icing on the cake for me.

basehibby
10-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Even if after wandering out of Hamden drunk with joy I somehow fell into a curiously located vat of chocolate and then hitched a lift home with Girls Aloud and the Saturdays on their way back from a pre-tour starvation diet highland retreat, I seriously doubt if the smile on my face could get any wider than it would be already having watched Hibs lift the cup - simply the joy to end all joys!

10-05-2012, 07:50 AM

:agree: Dont think my ticker would be able to cope with all that and i'm a young person, god help the older boys!