PDA

View Full Version : Yams Beattie Struggling To Make Final?

Sergey
09-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Not sure of the exact extent of his injury, but seemingly Beattie hasn't trained this week and in undergoing extensive treatment in an attempt to make the cup final.

He is definitely out of the Yams match at Celtic at the weekend, if my (reliably informed) contact is correct.

LamontHFC©
09-05-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm sure he will play.

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Don't they always have a sick, lame and lazy list as long as your arm prior to a derby but still manage to put out a full first team. Psycho war has begun.

09-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Wouldn't get too excited over this TBH, i'm sure he will be there for the final. Hearts have done this in the past before derbies, make out their best players will be out but they all seem to make a miraculous recovery and make the game.

shagpile
09-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Not sure of the exact extent of his injury, but seemingly Beattie hasn't trained this week and in undergoing extensive treatment in an attempt to make the cup final.

He is definitely out of the Yams match at Celtic at the weekend, if my (reliably informed) contact is correct.

A nice 50/50 with McPake in the first 5 minutes is all that is required.

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2012, 06:16 PM
Don't they always have a sick, lame and lazy list as long as your arm prior to a derby but still manage to put out a full first team. Psycho war has begun.

Scrap that. Just got a text from a Jam mate who has confirmed this.

Sir David Gray
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I'd be stunned if he doesn't play.

pentlando
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Him and Ian Black were the only two players from the last derby that I feel caused us problems in the game. With Black being told his contracts up and Beattie struggling with injury, these two guys definitely can't be 100% focused on the game.

BoltonHibee
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Him and Ian Black were the only two players from the last derby that I feel caused us problems in the game. With Black being told his contracts up and Beattie struggling with injury, these two guys definitely can't be 100% focused on the game.

Black will still give 100%, Beattie will just get bigger and bigger the more he is on the treatment table

09-05-2012, 06:22 PM

Black will, if he's leaving he will want to leave on a high.

Hibs7
09-05-2012, 06:22 PM
Want Blacks Hernia go POP in the warm up.
Now wouldn't that be good

Ultrabee1-0
09-05-2012, 06:28 PM
who cares who is playing or not it all boils down to who turns up on the day and who walks onto that pitch! we can only play whats infront of us.And mcpake will destroy beattie am sure of it:greengrin

At The Edge
09-05-2012, 06:29 PM
The Yams at my work have said that he (Beattie) will make the final but likely to be on the bench, will not last or be fit for 90 mins.

Albion Hibs
09-05-2012, 06:31 PM
The hertz love this "he may not make it" lines. I am sure they probably flung the little grunt templeton onto the radio today to rattle on about how he may not play. Childrens mind games IMO.

sleeping giant
09-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Anyone remember wee fat robbo getting off the team bus with a stookie on only to appear later ?

whereswallace?
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
The Yams at my work have said that he (Beattie) will make the final but likely to be on the bench, will not last or be fit for 90 mins.

My mate who is a Yam, messaged me this morning saying he was at Riccarton and Beattie was training. I thought moset teams got Wednesday off so dont know how accurate this is.

edit: Definately trained today

greenlex
09-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Hes ***** anyway.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 06:38 PM
It's a non story, Beattie will be fit for final.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Don't be fooled.

A touch of the magic stick and all will be fine again. :rolleyes:

If he really is badly injured though, hopefully it impairs him for the final, or McPake gets a wee sneaky boot in there. :agree:

hibs0666
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Let's not get ourselves in to a frenzy over this clown. He has managed to play in 12 games this season, four of which he played the full game, scoring four goals.
By the time he plays in the final he will have been out for a month and will be neither physically fit or match fit.

Respect him? For sure. Worry about him? You're having a laugh.

soupy
09-05-2012, 06:48 PM
There is no danger hell miss the final, but anyway I'm glad cos when we pump them, they've nae excuses...

GGTTH

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
My mate who is a Yam, messaged me this morning saying he was at Riccarton and Beattie was training. I thought moset teams got Wednesday off so dont know how accurate this is.

Having trained there myself. Hearts definately do not have a break on Wednesday

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Heard it all before, its tedious these days! Still hope its true though!

Hibrandenburg
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Scrap that. Just got a text from a Jam mate who has confirmed this.

SlickShoes
09-05-2012, 07:01 PM
The usual, hearts key players are out, then 3pm on the 19th rolls around and they all stroll out and have the game of there life.

Not falling for it, expecting a full strength hearts team, they will be doing EVERYTHING they can to win this.

essexhibee
09-05-2012, 07:03 PM
He will be there. :agree:

Liam89
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Had 4 texts from yams i know saying they're 100% certain he wont make the final. It's different this time. They are ****ing themselves.

Onceinawhile
09-05-2012, 07:30 PM
He'll play, bit the thing is, he isn't fit, they will get maybe 45 minutes out of him at top pelt and he will then fall away. The problem is that his size and threat aren't diminished too badly by a lack of fitness. I hope he is out, but mcpake should be able to handle him effectively.

hibsitis
09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
It's simply amazing how many hearts fans have such detailed information.

silverhibee
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM

edit: Definately trained today

Did he say Beattie was training at Riccarton.

Beefster
09-05-2012, 07:38 PM
We'll be winning the Cup whether Beattie plays or not.

7 Hills
09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I want to beat these f*****'s strongest team on the day! Let's be able to tell the Grandchildren: "These c***s had brought in a load ay players they couldnae afford tae pay on time - and we STILL beat the basturts!!!" :flag:

God Petrie
09-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Heard this too from a jumbo mate.

Annoying because I want that shower to have no excuses when we horse them.

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 07:51 PM

Who cares.

They'll come out with every possible excuse anyway.

If Beattie isn't out, it'll be because the ref was always a hibby die hard, or the game was a fix to even things up, or some pish to that degree.

09-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Who cares.

They'll come out with every possible excuse anyway.

If Beattie isn't out, it'll be because the ref was always a hibby die hard, or the game was a fix to even things up, or some pish to that degree.

:agree:

Sir David Gray
09-05-2012, 07:54 PM

I literally could not care less what excuses they come out with or who is and who isn't available for them on the day.

As long as we beat them, that's all that matters to me.

silverhibee
09-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Everyone that is saying he will play, ask yourself this, why has he not played in the last few games for the big team, they are still fighting for a place in Europe so surely they would want Beattie in the team with the form he has been in for them to get them in to Europe, i was at the St Johnstone at the PBS game and they brought Beattie out to do the half time draw, it was quite clear to see that he was in a little pain when he walked on to the pitch, heard that he took part in a training session today, but didn't last and is back on the treatment table again. A major doubt for the final now.

Not to bothered if he is fit or not, JAMES McPAKE will take care of him no doubts about that.

It would seem some of them can't get away from the PBS quick enough, heard a we story earlier on about one of there players being shown around training facilities at another club at the start of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TecR_5-rQ4U :cb

R'Albin
09-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Everyone that is saying he will play, ask yourself this, why has he not played in the last few games for the big team, they are still fighting for a place in Europe so surely they would want Beattie in the team with the form he has been in for them to get them in to Europe, i was at the St Johnstone at the PBS game and they brought Beattie out to do the half time draw, it was quite clear to see that he was in a little pain when he walked on to the pitch, heard that he took part in a training session today, but didn't last and is back on the treatment table again. A major doubt for the final now.

Not to bothered if he is fit or not, JAMES McPAKE will take care of him no doubts about that.

It would seem some of them can't get away from the PBS quick enough, heard a we story earlier on about one of there players being shown around training facilities at another club at the start of the week.

:thumbsup:

Care to elaborate on the end part? :greengrin

whereswallace?
09-05-2012, 08:18 PM

:agree: You have a pm regarding this. Looks as good as done. Yams trying to keep it under wraps until after the final as dont want this public!!

HibeeMG
09-05-2012, 08:20 PM
:agree: You have a pm regarding this. Looks as good as done. Yams trying to keep it under wraps until after the final as dont want this public!!

Well then? :cb

There's no need to keep it under wraps from us, is there?

Sammy7nil
09-05-2012, 08:21 PM
I hope that Beattie does not make it

I hope they miss a pen

I hope yam is sent off

I hope we get a goal that does not cross the line

Most of all I hope win and they can have 500 excuses in fact the more excuse the merrier :greengrin

whereswallace?
09-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Well then? :cb

There's no need to keep it under wraps from us, is there?

Just want to make absolutely certain before i open my mouth, dont want egg on my face!!

Billy Whizz
09-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Let's not start a load of Yams rumours. Concentrate on Hibs and keep this low key.
Remember all the threads when they
Didn't pay their players, didn't stop them coming to ER on Jan 2nd and winning

Pretty Boy
He's toiling big time.

One of my mates works in a gym, the name escapes.me right now, and Beatties been in every other day swimming but with a float type thing around his waist to avoid any leg work.

I'm usually sceptical about Hearts injury claims but this looks reasonably serious. If he plays against Celtic he risks aggravating it, if he doesn't play he won't be match fit come the final.

HibeeMG
Just want to make absolutely certain before i open my mouth, dont want egg on my face!!

Ach, spill the beans man. We'll not hold it against you if you're wrong. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
09-05-2012, 08:26 PM

Heard similar about a certain Hearts player and another SPL club.

Dismissed it at first but i wonder if you're hearing the same name(s) as me.

HibeeMG
09-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Oh for God's sake!

I heard a rumour about Paolo Sergio training caterpillars as temporary eyebrows. I'm sure it's not true but it's not stopping me from spreading it! :greengrin

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 08:29 PM

Rudi?

Danderhall Hibs
09-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Post them on here then they can confirm or deny? The worst that could happen is it starts a rumour!

Must be one of them to Celtic. Hopefully Skacel?

MSK
09-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Beattie put in some extra training today ..looks at his peak fitness wise, much the same person who wobbled round the hampden track after scoring v celtic .. ...8215

Hibernia Na Eir
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
im sure "the babe" Caroline Henderson reported he should be ok for the final on tonights STV sports news.
no major surprise. He'll defo feature, but we shouldn't worry too much about a player who failed at Celtic!!
Wonder how many pounds he's stacked on whilst crocked?!!
Never last the 90.

Jim44
09-05-2012, 08:34 PM

I think they see the Cup as their key to Europe.

Bostonhibby
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh for God's sake!

I heard a rumour about Paolo Sergio training caterpillars as temporary eyebrows. I'm sure it's not true but it's not stopping me from spreading it! :greengrin

:no way: It's slugs, they work for nothing and will always be slugs.

silverhibee
09-05-2012, 08:38 PM
:thumbsup:

Care to elaborate on the end part? :greengrin

I really can't say as i may get someone in to bother, but as for Beattie, they aren't wrapping him up in cotton wool for nothing, the guy is struggling with injury and they gave him a training session after doing some work with the physio today but what i heard had to pull out as he was struggling to do much running, lets be fair here, the guy is injury prone and it looks like it has struck again for him, he has done his quota of games for this season. :agree:

HibeeMG
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
:no way: It's slugs, they work for nothing and will always be slugs.

That's the thing with rumours, there's always one small detail that's wrong. Your version sounds more likely so we'll go with that. :greengrin

nonshinyfinish
09-05-2012, 08:48 PM
Rudi?

Sounds like you got the same text as me. :wink:

.Sean.
09-05-2012, 08:49 PM

Was the club Celtic and did it involve a player who will soon be out of contract? If so that story was circulated round EM.

Sergey
09-05-2012, 09:01 PM
Was the club Celtic and did it involve a player who will soon be out of contract? If so that story was circulated round EM.

On the Celtic radar for a while:

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-6935.html

Onion
09-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Then its an absolute cert he will be fit for the final. This is classic Yamkidology from the Levein days.

silverhibee
09-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Yep, now how funny would that be, there hero doing that.

edwards
09-05-2012, 09:12 PM
who cares who is playing or not it all boils down to who turns up on the day and who walks onto that pitch! we can only play whats infront of us.And mcpake will destroy beattie am sure of it:greengrinobe stupid enough to uld they

Spot on but if celtic could do us a favour and cripple skatchel shon Hibees ould they be stupid enough to play him on Saturday.
Cmon Hibees lets do them.

:flag:

Sammy7nil
09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Yep, now how funny would that be, there hero doing that.

He would never do that :wink:

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Are people really suggesting Rudi to Celtic? Utter nonsense, IMO. Celtic already have better midfielders than him. He'll be lower championship next season, if he doesn't stay at Swiney.

edwards
WTF happened there need to get to spec savers.:agree:

silverhibee
I think they see the Cup as their key to Europe.

They are mugs then if they think that, Beattie is struggling for the final.

lyonhibs
09-05-2012, 09:16 PM
On the Celtic radar for a while:

http://www.talkceltic.net/forum/archive/index.php/t-6935.html

Aye, since 2005 looking at that link :greengrin

R'Albin
09-05-2012, 09:20 PM
obe stupid enough to uld they

Spot on but if celtic could do us a favour and cripple skatchel shon Hibees ould they be stupid enough to play him on Saturday.
Cmon Hibees lets do them.

:hmmm:

LancsHibs
09-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Hope to god he doesn't play, should never have been aloud to sign in the first place!!

Pretty Boy
09-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Are people really suggesting Rudi to Celtic? Utter nonsense, IMO. Celtic already have better midfielders than him. He'll be lower championship next season, if he doesn't stay at Swiney.

Anymore unlikely than Hearts legends Pressley and Hartley going there in the twilight of their careers? Stranger things have happened.

Wotherspiniesta
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Anymore unlikely than Hearts legends Pressley and Hartley going there in the twilight of their careers? Stranger things have happened.

Back when Strachan was in charge maybe. But I'm sure Lennon will want a better, younger player then Skacel.

Macaroon
09-05-2012, 10:19 PM

I am now extremely intrigued

silverhibee
09-05-2012, 10:20 PM
Back when Strachan was in charge maybe. But I'm sure Lennon will want a better, younger player then Skacel.

He has had a good season, maybe not been seen as a first pick but may be as a squad player for them, and as far as i know celtc pay there wages on time every month, which Rudolph would be happy about.

A squad player at celtc will be on a good wage, probably more than what rudolph is on at the PBS. :aok:

And he has plenty of experience in the SPL. :agree:

Dr Jimmy
09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
I am also led to believe (from a good yam source who has been correct in the past) that Beattie has a hamstring tear and will miss the final.

happiehibbie
10-05-2012, 07:30 AM
I was at Tynie on Sunday and Beattie was speaking to my mate before the game asked why he was not playing today he said I could have played but I am not needed I am being kept for the final if I play we will win if I dont play then its a toss up he continued on there is no one in the Hibs team that would get a game for us we have nothing to worry about.

He does not know that am a Hibs supporter and i said nothing to him but thought you W r

I belive this is our time and i hope he is playing along with his other so called to good players

But remember this jambos

When the HIBS went up to lift the Scottish cup YOU where there !!

Sudds_1
10-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Wouldn't get too excited over this TBH, i'm sure he will be there for the final. Hearts have done this in the past before derbies, make out their best players will be out but they all seem to make a miraculous recovery and make the game.

yep.........all mind games. Beattie will be playing, make no mistake.

Actually.............IMHO its Skacel we ought to be worried about. He has "done" us more often.....

Jones28
10-05-2012, 08:12 AM
I want a full Hearts team out there, then they have no excuses!
:aok:

10-05-2012, 08:15 AM
I want a full Hearts team out there, then they have no excuses!
:aok:

Whether they have a full strength first team or are playing the reserves, they will never accept getting beat from us and will still always come out with the string of pathetic excuses!

I couldn't care less though, as long as we win, I couldn't care less what those deluded morons come out with!

Gmack7
10-05-2012, 08:28 AM
I want a full Hearts team out there, then they have no excuses! :aok::flag:i dont i want webster black skacel and beattie all injured and i wont be gutted if more than that have serious injuries after the game v celtic

Aldo
10-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Make no mistake... These guys will be fit. The mind games have started. Beattie and Black... Both carrying injuries will make a miraculous recovery at the last minute fitness test.

Don't care who plays we just need to go out from the off and be up for it straight away.

Most importantly. BELIEVE

GG

Diclonius
10-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Without Beattie they beat us 3-1 at Easter Road.

We will have exactly the same chances against them regardless of what their team is like. This game is all about bottle.

SmokieJoe
10-05-2012, 11:51 PM
They are mugs then if they think that, Beattie is struggling for the final.
Not often i do Silver, but :agree:, lets hope the lanky oney bandit has shanked himself good and proper ala Kevin Kyle..

edinburghhibee
11-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't believe this one bit this **** always gets played out before one of our games against them.

HibeeMG
11-05-2012, 12:35 AM
We'll be preparing to play against the strongest team they can put out. If they are weaker because of injury then... bonus! Any injury news from them won't make our lads train or plan any less so it'll make no difference to the Hibs team that turns up.

hfc rd
11-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Typical yams. Next it will be something like black is out because he fell off the ladder when painting a room or something.

Pete
11-05-2012, 03:39 AM
The way some people are talking it's like they have Alan Shearer waiting in the wings. This guy is a fat, unfit Celtic reject. I'd be more worried if he wasn't playing as McPake and Hanlon will either out muscle him or read him like a book. He's injured and capable of a half-hour burst of form at best.

It's the same with Black and Skacel. You'll get 60 minutes out each of them as they are both toiling. A fully fit and up for it Stevenson and Ozzy will take care of things. We'll also have an in-form Claros there who is head and shoulders above any hearts midfielder right now. Given the right back-up he can stop anything they do in it's tracks.

This mob are fifth/sixth for a reason and we have nothing to fear. We are the ones who are capable of performing to a higher standard than our league position suggests.

They would never admit it but they would have our big man up top over theirs any day.

RyeSloan
11-05-2012, 09:37 AM
The way some people are talking it's like they have Alan Shearer waiting in the wings. This guy is a fat, unfit Celtic reject. I'd be more worried if he wasn't playing as McPake and Hanlon will either out muscle him or read him like a book. He's injured and capable of a half-hour burst of form at best.

It's the same with Black and Skacel. You'll get 60 minutes out each of them as they are both toiling. A fully fit and up for it Stevenson and Ozzy will take care of things. We'll also have an in-form Claros there who is head and shoulders above any hearts midfielder right now. Given the right back-up he can stop anything they do in it's tracks.

This mob are fifth/sixth for a reason and we have nothing to fear. We are the ones who are capable of performing to a higher standard than our league position suggests.

They would never admit it but they would have our big man up top over theirs any day.

Stevenson is suspended is he not?

Fact is Beattie has a bit of quality none of their other front men do...if he fails to make the final then that's a blow for them for sure therefore it's a positive for us.

11-05-2012, 09:46 AM
Prepare for plenty of these mind games from hearts in the coming week but rest assured everybody will be fit for next saturday!

IFONLY
11-05-2012, 09:54 AM

Could`nt agree more with this post.

Barney McGrew
11-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Nope.

CallumLaidlaw
11-05-2012, 10:06 AM
He has had a good season, maybe not been seen as a first pick but may be as a squad player for them, and as far as i know celtc pay there wages on time every month, which Rudolph would be happy about.

A squad player at celtc will be on a good wage, probably more than what rudolph is on at the PBS. :aok:

And he has plenty of experience in the SPL. :agree:

Rudi Skacel tells media it looks like cup final will be his last game for #Hearts

11-05-2012, 10:22 AM

Fact is Beattie has a bit of quality none of their other front men do...if he fails to make the final then that's a blow for them for sure therefore it's a positive for us.

No, served his suspension in the semi final.

7 Hills
11-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Rudi Skacel tells media it looks like cup final will be his last game for #Hearts

In that case, let's give him a good send off - and a well-skelped erse!

Winston Ingram
11-05-2012, 11:12 AM

He crap in the Championship 1st time round so I'd be surprised if he got another go. In fact, he's been crap everywhere he's been apart from the SPL. :agree:

RyeSloan
11-05-2012, 12:09 PM
Nope.

No, served his suspension in the semi final.

Ahh that's where I was getting it from..

Shame I prefer our midfield without him <tin hat securely on> :greengrin

KWJ
11-05-2012, 12:10 PM
He crap in the Championship 1st time round so I'd be surprised if he got another go. In fact, he's been crap everywhere he's been apart from the SPL. :agree:

I agree with you however at Southampton he was played at left back and in Germany too i think. Surely his best position is off the striker.

allezsauzee
11-05-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm more concerned about Skacel than Beattie tbh. I think Jamesie will have Beattie in his back pocket. Despite the fact that I hate the cheatin yam bar steward, I have to admit that Skacel's movement off the ball and finishing are a real threat.

JimBHibees
11-05-2012, 02:12 PM
i dont i want webster black skacel and beattie all injured and i wont be gutted if more than that have serious injuries after the game v celtic

Exactly I want us to have the best chance we can have so the more decent players out the better.

Gmack7
11-05-2012, 02:19 PM
Exactly I want us to have the best chance we can have so the more decent players out the better.

thank god fnr that, i thought i was the only 1 hoping for a kicking match v celtic

JimBHibees
11-05-2012, 02:27 PM
thank god fnr that, i thought i was the only 1 hoping for a kicking match v celtic

Have you not seen the thread I started asking 'which player do we want Scott Brown to kick on Sunday'. Agree the more injured and suspended for Saturday the better.

Sunny1875
11-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Well this is obviously not a public place for Yam information ...... So spill the beans now

Sunny1875
11-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Another wage thief at Hertz all good if you ask me

Tynie01011973
11-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Well he threw his shirt away to some muppet after the St Johnstone game.....so it must be true.........but then again I think half that stand has one based on the number of times he said he was leaving them only to still be there

I'm sure they will have a full strength team out.....Hopefully so will we and our players are up for it

R'Albin
11-05-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18034434

:hmmm:

Hibercelona
11-05-2012, 06:21 PM
Hearts are capable of soaking up pressure for long spells then having players who will run up and score from a nothing chance.

I think if we're going to beat them, we'll need to pummel them early.

No sitting back. Have the job done in the first half.

bighairyfaeleith
11-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Hearts are capable of soaking up pressure for long spells then having players who will run up and score from a nothing chance.

I think if we're going to beat them, we'll need to pummel them early.

No sitting back. Have the job done in the first half.

agreed, we need to dunfermline them

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Skacel is the danger. He's their talisman. If we neutralise him, we have a much better chance imo

HibeeMG
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Skacel is the danger. He's their talisman. If we neutralise him, we have a much better chance imo

Is 'neutralise him' a polite way of saying 'break his legs'?! :wink:

truehibernian
11-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Skacel is a good player, but by far and away their most influential player, against us and all season, is Ian Black. Stick ultra tight to him and we win, it's that simple. Give him time on the ball, he sprays passes wide and through the middle, which brings in Skacel, Beattie and Templeton.

Limit Black, we win......we will win......it's Hibs year....fact !

HibbyAndy
11-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Im led to believe Celtic have approached Skacel I.E signin a pre contract with them, Good timing if you ask me and lets hope the lad's head is turned. Great, Great timing. :aok:

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Is 'neutralise him' a polite way of saying 'break his legs'?! :wink:

What on earth are you suggesting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY :greengrin

HibeeMG
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
What on earth are you suggesting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6cake3bwnY :greengrin

:hilarious

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Skacel is a good player, but by far and away their most influential player, against us and all season, is Ian Black. Stick ultra tight to him and we win, it's that simple. Give him time on the ball, he sprays passes wide and through the middle, which brings in Skacel, Beattie and Templeton.

Limit Black, we win......we will win......it's Hibs year....fact !

I agree with you. I was deliberate in my use of the word "talisman" though. Although Black is more influential in a game, it is Skacel who, in a game which is a stalemate, is capable of winning a game in a moment of sudden.....erm, crap, I don't know what to call it (don't want to say "magic" or anything positive like that) but you get the point.

Danderhall Hibs
11-05-2012, 09:02 PM
is capable of winning a game in a moment of sudden.....erm, crap, I don't know what to call it

I think the word(s) you're looking for is "tae-punt".

The Green Goblin
11-05-2012, 10:14 PM
I think the word(s) you're looking for is "tae-punt".

:greengrin

lucky
11-05-2012, 10:24 PM
It's true about Rudi, got told the same. Apparently he's refused to play on Sunday.

Hibby
11-05-2012, 11:01 PM
who cares who is playing or not it all boils down to who turns up on the day and who walks onto that pitch! we can only play whats infront of us.And mcpake will destroy beattie am sure of it:greengrin

Just This !!!!!!:flag::flag::flag:!

The Green Goblin
12-05-2012, 02:28 AM
It's true about Rudi, got told the same. Apparently he's refused to play on Sunday.

With a bit of luck, Romanov will drop him for the final.

bruno
12-05-2012, 06:46 AM

Absolute nonsense

Believe me this man would never refuse to play

I don't think he will be with us next season as cost cutting continues but apart from Webster and ironically Black he is the one of he 3 players I would have tried hard to keep.
Massive influence around the place and on the park

I have no insider information but I would be very very surprised if he ended up at Celtic

3pm
12-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Absolute nonsense

Believe me this man would never refuse to play

I don't think he will be with us next season as cost cutting continues but apart from Webster and ironically Black he is the one of he 3 players I would have tried hard to keep.
Massive influence around the place and on the park

I have no insider information but I would be very very surprised if he ended up at Celtic

Why would you be surprised?!

Double his wages and this isn't a dig, he'll get paid when he is meant to.

bruno
12-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Why would you be surprised?!

Double his wages and this isn't a dig, he'll get paid when he is meant to.

He's had his big pay days

playing reguarly and feeling wanted and happy are far more important than doubling his money. If he doesn't get deal with Hearts chances are he will move home and that would be for far less than he can get at Celtic.

he was close to leaving in January as unbelievably he was not getting much game time

thankfully the manager realised it's not all about work rate tracking back and a touch of class and quality are often far more important

Macaroon
12-05-2012, 02:54 PM

playing reguarly and feeling wanted and happy are far more important than doubling his money. If he doesn't get deal with Hearts chances are he will move home and that would be for far less than he can get at Celtic.

he was close to leaving in January as unbelievably he was not getting much game time

thankfully the manager realised it's not all about work rate tracking back and a touch of class and quality are often far more important

Skacel strikes me as the sort of person who can never have enough 'big pay days.'

Wouldn't surprise me if he went to Celtic and I think his playing style very much suits them.

hfc rd
12-05-2012, 02:56 PM
I really hope scotty brown gets stuck in hard into skacel and black. Hopefully gazza and stevo have had a word with brown.

Tynie01011973
12-05-2012, 03:06 PM

You're forgetting he lost £ 60k to his ex-girlfriend :faf:

He is in his 30's so what's to stop him going for one last contract with bigger pay deal ? Loyalty to the Jambo's ? - never stopped him heading off before :greengrin

weecounty hibby
12-05-2012, 04:07 PM

What a loadie pish! There is not a footballer alive that considers being happy before money. And I'm not having a dig just cos he is a Jambo. They are all, bar none, in it for themselves and to make as much cash as they can. Stop being so soft about players "loving" the club, none of them really do, they will kiss the badge of whichever club they are playing for.

#FromTheCapital
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
What a loadie pish! There is not a footballer alive that considers being happy before money. And I'm not having a dig just cos he is a Jambo. They are all, bar none, in it for themselves and to make as much cash as they can. Stop being so soft about players "loving" the club, none of them really do, they will kiss the badge of whichever club they are playing for.

Spot on, u have to remember that to these guys this is a job. If someone was offering me more money to do the same job I'd take it. And so would anyone else. Rudi loves hearts as much as he will love his next employer... Just like his ex loved robbing him of 60k

bruno
12-05-2012, 04:22 PM

I absolutely agree about the badge kissers. Fans are not kidded by them we had one this season in Stevenson who we all knew was at it to claim adoration.

I know from all the off the field work Rudi does in the community how much he enjoys his time at Hearts. Of course if someone offers him a decent contract he will have to consider. Bear in mind his only successful periods have been at Hearts sometimes a club and player are just suited.

He may move on but he will not go to Celtic.

If I am proved wrong I will make a decent donation to your worthy Dnipro fund

Tynie01011973
12-05-2012, 09:31 PM
I absolutely agree about the badge kissers. [ehmm Rudi doesn't kiss the badge ???] Fans are not kidded by them we had one this season in Stevenson who we all knew was at it to claim adoration.

I know from all the off the field work Rudi does in the community how much he enjoys his time at Hearts. Of course if someone offers him a decent contract he will have to consider. Bear in mind his only successful periods have been at Hearts sometimes a club and player are just suited.

Seriously ??, :ostrich: so any Employee of Hearts that is not paid on time for 2-3 months is castigated as ONLY being there to claim adoration from the fans ??? This is despite him carrying you'se as a striker rather than the midfielder he is while you were paying Crock Kyle mega money for months to keep Rima and her Golden Sticks occupied ?

Do you think Stevenson was the only one that was not happy about not getting paid on time ? OR are you using him as a scapegoat to vilify him becasue he actually had the BALLS to come out and say exactly what was going on ?

What about Ian Black ? Not paid so he had to go out moonlighting as a Painter's lackey....not for the adoration of the fans BUT to pay the bills Great Eh ?

Skacel has milked the Jambo's for as much as he could get.....not for the love of the club.....got offered more to go to Southampton so he was off...never had a contract so came back to get a last good pay day for a year or so before Agent Row-Man-Off decided he was too expensive for the new budget !!

HibbyAndy
13-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I absolutely agree about the badge kissers. Fans are not kidded by them we had one this season in Stevenson who we all knew was at it to claim adoration.

Maybe not, But i guarantee you Celtc have been in touch with RS about a possible move West.

Superb, The more this lads head gets turned the better in the build up to the biggest Derby match ever, Keep on talking to him Celtc.

JimBHibees
13-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Beattie not even in squad today so must be struggling for the final I would have thought and even if they gamble on him he cant be anywhere near match sharp.

hibs0666
13-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Maybe not, But i guarantee you Celtc have been in touch with RS about a possible move West.

Superb, The more this lads head gets turned the better in the build up to the biggest Derby match ever, Keep on talking to him Celtc.

Skachel was on the bench today I see. I wonder if Celtic 'encouraged' him not to play against them given his impending move west?

weecounty hibby
13-05-2012, 05:31 PM

I say again, what a load of pish. Most players from most clubs do community work, doesn't mean they will hang about if they are offered more cash elsewhere. And it is unbelievable that you choose to pick on the one guy who had any balls and stood up against Romanov when he didn't get paid. Again and again, oh aye and again. Take your head out of the sand, Skatchel will be off as soon as a club comes in offering more than you can. And it won't matter if it was Celtic or even Hibs, he would go. It's all about the cash and maybe even getting paid on time.

bighairyfaeleith
13-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Skachel was on the bench today I see. I wonder if Celtic 'encouraged' him not to play against them given his impending move west?

lets hope they have told him to take it easy in the final as well then

HibbyAndy
13-05-2012, 05:39 PM

That would be my take on it:agree: The inevitable move West. Hearts can dress it up anyway they like. Skacel is Celtc bound tho.

NOLA
13-05-2012, 05:42 PM
if Beattie doesnt make it on the pitch next week i'll be shocked :wink:

weecounty hibby
13-05-2012, 05:46 PM
if Beattie doesnt make it on the pitch next week i'll be shocked :wink:
He'll be there.Watch for a steady steam of Jambos "struggling to make the final" and not been able to trai all week" in the run up to Saturday. They must think we are as stupid as they are.

Hibercelona
13-05-2012, 05:48 PM
He'll be there.Watch for a steady steam of Jambos "struggling to make the final" and not been able to trai all week" in the run up to Saturday. They must think we are as stupid as they are.

Unfortunately, some people do seem to be as stupid as they are.

People fall for this same tripe time and time again, otherwise there wouldn't even be a thread about it.

hibs0666
13-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Unfortunately, some people do seem to be as stupid as they are.

People fall for this same tripe time and time again, otherwise there wouldn't even be a thread about it.

Beattie has not played for weeks now. He might be on the park come the day but no danger will he be anything like 100% fit.

hibsbollah
13-05-2012, 06:40 PM
That would be my take on it:agree: The inevitable move West. Hearts can dress it up anyway they like. Skacel is Celtc bound tho.

:agree: In a few weeks Skacel will be telling the glasgow press that he used to watch celtic as a boy in Trutnov, and cried with happiness as a 7year old as they thrillingly snatched the league title from another club in 1986.

Hibees07
13-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Whilst it is well known that Hearts have a history of claiming players are injured when they are not, on this occasion I would be surprised if Beattie does play, or make the bench for that matter.

He has been out for several weeks now and was not even on the bench today, it would be a huge risk throwing him on without testing the injury out.

I also think the fact that Elliot was not playing today means that they could not take a chance on him getting injured leaving them without a striker.

bingo70
13-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Beattie has not played for weeks now. He might be on the park come the day but no danger will he be anything like 100% fit.

Agreed, a yam mate told me the game he got injured in he was only playing as he was lacking match fitness so was going to get games until the end of the season and wouldn't be getting rested.

IMO he'll come off the bench in the second half and i'd be a lot happier if we were out of sight by then.

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2012, 06:47 PM
they thrillingly snatched the league title from another club in 1986.

Is this true? :confused:

hibsbollah
13-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Is this true? :confused:

I believe St Mirren were involved, i recall Sandy Clark saying something about it the other day.

nonshinyfinish
13-05-2012, 07:06 PM
I believe St Mirren were involved, i recall Sandy Clark saying something about it the other day.

But surely, surely to f***, Gary MacKay got a medal at the end of it? If for nothing else, then for bravery or an outstanding contribution to multiculturalism and tolerance.

Eyrie
13-05-2012, 07:10 PM
But surely, surely to f***, Gary MacKay got a medal at the end of it? If for nothing else, then for bravery or an outstanding contribution to multiculturalism and tolerance.
He turned it down because his medal collection was already too large for him to cope with.

1875godsgift
13-05-2012, 07:12 PM

:agree: I believe he received 3 medals that day, one for each nipple.

Hainan Hibs
13-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Even though there is confusion over Mackay's league medals, we can all be sure of his 1986 Scottish Cup Winners medal:agree:

One Day Soon
13-05-2012, 07:19 PM

You're just wrong on this Bollah.

Hearts did the league and cup double in 1986. Fact

Billy Whizz
13-05-2012, 07:24 PM
You're just wrong on this Bollah.

Hearts did the league and cup double in 1986. Fact

Yup, League and Cup, Top bottlers

hibsbollah
13-05-2012, 08:03 PM
He turned it down because his medal collection was already too large for him to cope with.

When you have the full set of World War One Winners medals (pip squeak and winston, i believe was Mackays haul), a mere league winners medal is insignificant. That must be why he never has it on display, anyway.

silverhibee
13-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Let me make it quite clear.

Beattie is struggling to make the final due to injury.

Rudolph to celtc, stranger things have happened, like Hartley and Pressley moving to celtc.

Rudolph will get a great reception from the gorgie loyal next season when he is in the lesser greens top..

And finally.

****** the h****s. :agree:

half.time.draw.
13-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Fact : my son plays for Celtic youth who were coached by Rudi s during the week. I will see you after the season was his parting words. Don't shoot the messenger.

The Green Goblin
13-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Fact : my son plays for Celtic youth who were coached by Rudi s during the week. I will see you after the season was his parting words. Don't shoot the messenger.

Rudi Skacel was coaching the Celtic youth team midweek...

I find that hard to believe.

JimBHibees
14-05-2012, 09:20 AM
Let me make it quite clear.

Beattie is struggling to make the final due to injury.

Rudolph to celtc, stranger things have happened, like Hartley and Pressley moving to celtc.

Rudolph will get a great reception from the gorgie loyal next season when he is in the lesser greens top..

And finally.

****** the h****s. :agree:

I agree they would have been wanting to give him some game time yesterday. The fact he wasnt to be seen suggests to me he couldnt play yesterday and is a doubt for Saturday. It may be they keep him on the bench and throw him on in desperation or gamble from the start however he either doesnt play or plays when half fit so not bad for Hibs IMO.

blackpoolhibs
14-05-2012, 09:21 AM
I expect him to play, if he's not fine.

Rambo1875
14-05-2012, 09:31 AM
I train down at ricarton for my university team and he's not been training over the last two weeks. Whether or not he will train this week is a mystery. We shouldn't have to worry about them, we can win this with whoever they play!!! BELIEVE

happiehibbie
14-05-2012, 11:16 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/sport/hearts-facing-cup-final-without-craig-beattie-1-2293391

Sean1875
14-05-2012, 11:18 AM
There's more chance of me making the Hibs bench than Beattie not making the Hearts bench (at least) :yawn:

R'Albin
14-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Does anyone actually still believe these? Who do they actually think they're fooling?

Chuck Rhoades
14-05-2012, 11:21 AM
This happens before every Derby... Just hope PF realises this.

R'Albin
14-05-2012, 11:22 AM
This happens before every Derby... Just hope PF realises this.

I'm sure Fenlon is sharp enough to figure out their bull**** :agree:

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 11:27 AM
This pish should never affect us anyway.

We should always field our strongest line up, regardless.

scoopyboy
14-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Like everyone else I expect him to be involved but I don't for a minute think he will be fully fit.

Him and Black will last an hour if they start, so for me if we are level or in front when they depart then we are in with a great chance.

G-Reg
14-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Lazy journalism from the Scotsman ''___insert name here____ set to miss derby clash''. Copy and paste from the last derby article, put feet on desk and drink coffee

Billy Whizz
14-05-2012, 11:34 AM
This will be causing Hearts more grief than Hibs

silverhibee
14-05-2012, 11:49 AM
I did mention that he had done a day with the squad but had to pull out as he was strugggling.

Mr Beattie is struggling to make the final, if they take the chance and play him he could be subbed in the first 20 minutes.

They will take the chance and put him on the bench but no way will he start.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/sport/hearts-facing-cup-final-without-craig-beattie-1-2293391 :cb

Jim44
14-05-2012, 11:53 AM
It also mentions their qualification for the Euopa League. I take it that all the drivel about their accounts not being accepted/acceptable/signed was wishful thinking.

IWasThere2016
14-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Lazy journalism from the Scotsman ''___insert name here____ set to miss derby clash''. Copy and paste from the last derby article, put feet on desk and drink coffee

And a donut for the donut. It'll prove to be wind and pish as per.

14-05-2012, 12:07 PM
:rolleyes::yawn: same old mind games that hearts do before every derby.

I can bet my life savings that Beattie WILL be at the very least on the bench, make no doubt about that.

Moving on, nothing to see here people!

3pm
14-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Like everyone else I expect him to be involved but I don't for a minute think he will be fully fit.

Him and Black will last an hour if they start, so for me if we are level or in front when they depart then we are in with a great chance.

What makes you think an hour?!

TornadoHibby
14-05-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm sure Fenlon is sharp enough to figure out their bull**** :agree:

Surely BB will make him aware of the "usual likely injuries/missing players practice" from Gorgie before EVERY Derby match!? :confused:

EskbankHibby
14-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Usual stuff from Hearts, usual class from Hibs.

Sergio - "he may be fit but he may not be, who knows? When the seagulls follow the trawler etc etc etc, gibber gibber"

Pat - "We are all fit, everyone, even Tam McCourt. Bring on those Hearts *****!"

Brown trouser time down Tynecastle way, coffee stain removal kits sold out in Gorgie i believe.

Speedway
14-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Does anyone remember the old tv series 'Cheers' where their staff were always outwitted by Gary's Old Town Tavern?

Don't believe the hype, as NWA once said.

Hermit Crab
14-05-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/sport/hearts-facing-cup-final-without-craig-beattie-1-2293391

Yip its becoming predicable and actually very boring now.:rolleyes:

dwlt
14-05-2012, 12:55 PM
Does anyone remember the old tv series 'Cheers' where their staff were always outwitted by Gary's Old Town Tavern?

Don't believe the hype, as NWA once said.

Public Enemy, Shirley?

Beefster
14-05-2012, 12:58 PM
You'd think it was Makelele and David Villa from the way some folk are talking and not Ian 'Face like an battered bawsack' Black and Craig 'Makes Nade look slim' Beattie.

Speedway
14-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Public Enemy, Shirley?

That's what I said.

Jim44
14-05-2012, 03:02 PM

Personally I would stop the wee bvgger's pocket money for a month if my son came home with that bull'.:greengrin

Supraninja
14-05-2012, 03:10 PM
You'd think it was Makelele and David Villa from the way some folk are talking and not Ian 'Face like an battered bawsack' Black and Craig 'Makes Nade look slim' Beattie.

Steady on.

Hibs07p
14-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe Vlads started his Football Manager Scottish Cup Edition a week or two early. :dunno:

He's likely to sack Sergio on Saturday morning for not signing a new contract, pick Ridgers instead of MacDonald for conceding 5 goals at Parkhead, and promoting the under 19s back four. The man is unstable, and if I was Jambo, I would be ****ting myself?
GGTTH

theonlywayisup
15-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Hearts striker Craig Beattie is confident he will be fit in time for Saturday's Scottish Cup final against Hibernian at Hampden.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073216

Also spoke to one Yam last night who is always in the know and he said Beattie will play!

blackpoolhibs
15-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Of course he will make it, he was always going to make it.

Hibs07p
15-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Hearts striker Craig Beattie is confident he will be fit in time for Saturday's Scottish Cup final against Hibernian at Hampden.

Also spoke to one Yam last night who is always in the know and he said Beattie will play!

Who really cares if Beattie plays or not, but according to that report, there is no quotes from anyone. Apart from that Brian McClauchlin is just another Jambo baw bag fae Penicuik.

GGTTH

ehf
15-05-2012, 12:32 PM

:faf:

Jim44
15-05-2012, 04:15 PM
He's going to make it!!!!!!!!!!!!

:worried::worried::worried::worried::worried:

HibeeMG
15-05-2012, 04:18 PM

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

I might not go to the game now. What's the point!?

scoopyboy
15-05-2012, 04:22 PM
What makes you think an hour?!

Pretty sure Black has been subbed in most games after about that time recently.

JimBHibees
15-05-2012, 04:23 PM

Good he is unfit at the best of times. If he does play they are gambling on him which shows how desperate they are.

JimBHibees
15-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Pretty sure Black has been subbed in most games after about that time recently.

Noticed that also and in a few of them he has looked in a bit of discomfort about the hour mark so no doubt the painkillers are wearing off about that time.

truehibernian
15-05-2012, 04:36 PM

Och well Jim, they'll just have to concern themselves with the fact that young Leigh and Garry have scored more goals together than Beattie, Skacel, Suso and Elliott combined then.

Jim44
15-05-2012, 05:40 PM
I've just watched him celebrating his penalty against Celtic in the semi-final and still think he should have been double yellow-carded for a. removing his top and b. the excesses of his jogging exploits after leaving the pitch. :rules:

bighairyfaeleith
15-05-2012, 05:47 PM
if he plays then he will just be another loser in maroon, if I was him I would stay in the stand!!

alfieboi75
15-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Non Beattie point...

Does anyone know if Hearts are away for their final prep? Just curious to know if they are away, if so where?

hibs0666
15-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Non Beattie point...

Does anyone know if Hearts are away for their final prep? Just curious to know if they are away, if so where?

Yup - they got a 2 hour booking at World of Football and half a dozen hot roast chickens from Asda.

Hibercelona
15-05-2012, 10:16 PM
It'll be an unfit version of an already unfit player.

All our defence need to do is hold their nerve and Beattie will be non-existant.

Gala Foxes
16-05-2012, 05:07 AM
Pretty sure we all know this is a kid-on, he will be out with the team at 3pm, probably meant to deflate us

3pm
16-05-2012, 06:24 AM
Good player but no more. At the end of the day......GET ****IN STUCK INTO THEM.

Hibs7
16-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Hope he does play and then pulls it again in the first 10 minutes ...... off.

Weir7
16-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Noticed that also and in a few of them he has looked in a bit of discomfort about the hour mark so no doubt the painkillers are wearing off about that time.

HeZ got A double hernia. Can't last game. Once pain kicks in hez finished. Fenlon needs to make sure hez chasing after the ball. Running abt like a daftie.

Judas Iscariot
16-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Who really gives a **** if Beattie plays or not?

I dont!

I'm pretty sure McPake and Hanlon dont either!

He's a fat, unfit, bearded, trampy looking hertz ****!

Was injured and unfit when he signed, played a handfull of games, got a bit fitness, git injured again and come Saturday won't have kicked a competetive baw in a month or so!!

The ugly **** will be blowing oot his erse after 10 mins and will most likely pull up or toil that much he'll need hooked!

In fact, I hope he does start and plays the full 90 so when we pump these ****ing morts they have no excuses!!

Bunch of ugly, inbred, pink phannies..

**** The Hearts

3pm
16-05-2012, 12:12 PM

:cb

bawheid
16-05-2012, 12:28 PM

I dont!

Was injured and unfit when he signed, played a handfull of games, got a bit fitness, git injured again and come Saturday won't have kicked a competetive baw in a month or so!!

The ugly **** will be blowing oot his erse after 10 mins and will most likely pull up or toil that much he'll need hooked!

In fact, I hope he does start and plays the full 90 so when we pump these ****ing morts they have no excuses!!

**** The Hearts

That's more like it!

Can't believe we have a 6-page thread on whether Craig Beattie will play or not. Craig Beattie???? He's PISH!!!!

LeithBoozy
16-05-2012, 01:01 PM
Non Beattie point...

Yep alfieboi75, The word on the street is. They have swapped Heriot Watt to Queen Margaret college for a change of scenery. :wink:

M11BMO
18-05-2012, 08:41 PM
He's starting on the bench.

bighairyfaeleith
18-05-2012, 08:47 PM
He's starting on the bench.

and he will be finishing a ****ing loser

Andy Bee
18-05-2012, 08:49 PM

I dont!

**** The Hearts

Good point, well made :agree: