PDA

View Full Version : Oil seed rape - Allergic reaction?

Jones28
09-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Right Lads and Lasses,

I recently moved to Berwickshire with my family, about 7 miles or so from Duns.

Since the Oil Seed rape began flowerring I have been experiencing almost constant headaches, cold-like symptoms and such symptoms I'd associate with an Allergic reaction.

Does anyone else experience this and if so can anyone help me out with some kind of cure? Going to the Doctors for an official assesment in the next couple of days but until then does anyone know of any home remedies or wee things I can do to help lessen the effects. It has gotten to the stage where I feel unable to do most things because it puts too much pressure on my breathing and increases my headaches.

Cheers for any help!

GGTTH

Sylar
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Right Lads and Lasses,

Since the Oil Seed rape began flowerring I have been experiencing almost constant headaches, cold-like symptoms and such symptoms I'd associate with an Allergic reaction.

Does anyone else experience this and if so can anyone help me out with some kind of cure? Going to the Doctors for an official assesment in the next couple of days but until then does anyone know of any home remedies or wee things I can do to help lessen the effects. It has gotten to the stage where I feel unable to do most things because it puts too much pressure on my breathing and increases my headaches.

Cheers for any help!

GGTTH

Probably a very bad dose of hayfever J.

I get quite bad reaction, worse than normal whenever I'm near Oil Seed Rape, giving me the symptoms you describe. I also get it a lot worse than usual whenever I'm near corn-fields, when I'm over in the US. Grass sets it off too, but it's terrible near certain species of plants.

A course of strong antihistamines should see you right.

Jones28
09-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Probably a very bad dose of hayfever J.

I get quite bad reaction, worse than normal whenever I'm near Oil Seed Rape, giving me the symptoms you describe. I also get it a lot worse than usual whenever I'm near corn-fields, when I'm over in the US. Grass sets it off too, but it's terrible near certain species of plants.

A course of strong antihistamines should see you right.

Nice one, cheers ma man! :aok:

7 Hills
11-05-2012, 09:10 PM
It will be the oilseed rape, when I still lived with my parents, their house was next to a farm. There would usually be wheat or sheep in the field facing their house, but one year it was planted with oilseed rape. I had hellish hayfever symptoms for the first and only time in my life! I think that the farmer and his family might have suffered too, as he never planted rape again.

heretoday
12-05-2012, 11:00 AM
Hayfever. Beconase spray is very good though pricey to buy.

Maybe you should try walking into a field of rape and spending the day there. Meet the thing head on.

SvenNeil
07-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Right Lads and Lasses,

Cheers for any help!

GGTTH

My advice is leave your parental home immediately, taking all your stuff and re-paying the money you owe your dad, then finding a job, career and a burd who will look after your girly sniffles. :wink:

Jones28
08-06-2012, 12:14 AM
My advice is leave your parental home immediately, taking all your stuff and re-paying the money you owe your dad, then finding a job, career and a burd who will look after your girly sniffles. :wink:

Ahh that's just the problem, I reckon my Dad would go spare with boredum if I left. He'd have no-one to nag or irritate with all his ***** :gun: