PDA

View Full Version : What to do........

Gus
09-05-2012, 11:27 AM
I have a ticket for the final :greengrin but I have been notified by our good friends the NHS that I am booked in for a knee operation on the Friday before.

My dilema is that I get the operation, go to the final under the influence, when GOC hits the winner I am left under 19,999 other Hibee's. The pain I could probably deal with at the time but my boss has said that for any time taken off I will NOT get paid for.........

I have contacted the hospital & they have said unless it's an emergency, according to the old firm supporting lad I spoke with on the phone the final does not fall under this catergory.

So do I

Cancel the operation & run the risk of further damage?

Have the operation and watch the game in sunny Leith?

Have the operation, go to the game & again run the risk of further damage?

Every supporters bus is full, so it would mean travelling on the trains which is a journey I wouldnt want to make

HELP

x

hibee92
09-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Have the op and go to the game, but be cautious when you're there. Understandably you'll be going ballistic WHEN we score, but just try to hop about rather than jump.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 11:30 AM
You postpone the op, call them the day before telling them you have the flu. They wont operate, and you will have to wait for another date. It may be a good while later, but you cant miss this.:thumbsup:

hibeenicol
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Depend what the op is?

09-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Depend what the op is?

He already said :greengrin Knee operation lol

Jay
09-05-2012, 11:34 AM
postpone the op without a doubt. :agree:

hibeenicol
09-05-2012, 11:40 AM
He already said :greengrin Knee operation lol

Yeah I know smarty lol :wink:

Depends how big the operation is going to be on his Knee :greengrin

Scooter
09-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Have the op and go but don't drink

Gus
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah I know smarty lol :wink:

Depends how big the operation is going to be on his Knee :greengrin

Just keyhole, nothing major. But I have had it done four times and although it's not a big op at all, it still is very umcomfortable.

Gus
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
Have the op and go but don't drink

Steady........:wink:

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Should the OP have the op or postpone the op?

hibeenicol
09-05-2012, 11:46 AM
I would get the op done, take some tramadol before you leave and the adreniline will get you through the rest of the day. :thumbsup:

BoltonHibee
09-05-2012, 11:47 AM
Just keyhole, nothing major. But I have had it done four times and although it's not a big op at all, it still is very umcomfortable.

4 times? It obviously doesn't work then.

Cancel op, go to Final

Billy Whizz
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
If its a keyhole cartliage op you'll be fine for the Saturday. I had this done in July on the Friday, walked up to ER on the Saturday for the Barnsley game. Got up the hill and the game was off!!
Stay off the strong tablets as they make you drowsy, and stick to Paracetamol

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 11:49 AM

Is it just me, but is anyone else saying who lives in a house like this? :confused:

Gus
09-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Is it just me, but is anyone else saying who lives in a house like this? :confused:

ha ha my house (knee) is a crumbling mess :greengrin

Sweet, thanks for the input. If I am in pain I will just crowd surf the sea of green :pfgwa

09-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I think watching a Hibs v Hearts final is potentially even more damaging to your health :greengrin

Sean1875
09-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Getting disgustingly drunk and seeing the Hibees win the Scottish cup will numb any possible pain youll experience for weeks :aok:

hibbycraig
09-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Have you tried getting in touch with Hampden to see if you could use the disabled seating?

Ritchie
09-05-2012, 12:14 PM
i think you should get the op and then go to the final and jump about like a looney.... hopefully you'll permenantly cripple yourself and wont be able to play for the beers again...... just saying what your team mates are thinking pal..... :greengrin

deeks01
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I have a ticket for the final :greengrin but I have been notified by our good friends the NHS that I am booked in for a knee operation on the Friday before.

My dilema is that I get the operation, go to the final under the influence, when GOC hits the winner I am left under 19,999 other Hibee's. The pain I could probably deal with at the time but my boss has said that for any time taken off I will NOT get paid for.........

I have contacted the hospital & they have said unless it's an emergency, according to the old firm supporting lad I spoke with on the phone the final does not fall under this catergory.

So do I

Every supporters bus is full, so it would mean travelling on the trains which is a journey I wouldnt want to make

HELP

x

I don't post on here a lot but always browse to keep up with opinions etc however I got so excited that I got tickets I decided to log on! This reminds me of my dilemma yesterday got taken into hospital yesterday and told I was getting kept in for treatment (I have a chronic lung condition) my first thought was "oh s*** I might not get tickets tomorrow" so I told mr doctor man I could not be kept in as I had urgent business tomorrow and was taking no chances about not making the final. He was so incredulous he just agreed that I could come in on Thursday for treatment supposing they can find a bed for me , which apparently after turning one down is not guaranteed. He then asked me when the game was , I told him and got the devastating news that I am in such bad nick it's going to take at least 3 weeks of intensive treatment in the hospital and I couldn't actually go to the game , only one thing crossed my mind - "I'll sign myself out" I said and this time he was so incredulous he blurted out "it's only a game son". Stupid p****. Hopefully I'll still have a bed in the ward after the game but at the end of the day whatever happens I am NOT missing the biggest Edinburgh derby in history simple as that. Might be a bit of a struggle getting from the car to Hampden and climbing those stairs will be a bitch but I cannot miss the game. Gutted I won't can have a pint pre-match to cool the nerves but that could be disastrous with the meds/painkillers I'll be on! Anyway my advice to the OP is get the op and still go to the match , yes it's probably a bit idiotic but this is the biggest derby in history you simply can't miss it!

Aahhh I feel electric right now the adrenaline is pumping , I HAVE A TICKET!

Bring on the jam tarts , no fear.

Good luck to everyone still trying for tickets!

What a wonderful , wonderful day.

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Jay
09-05-2012, 12:31 PM
I don't post on here a lot but always browse to keep up with opinions etc however I got so excited that I got tickets I decided to log on! This reminds me of my dilemma yesterday got taken into hospital yesterday and told I was getting kept in for treatment (I have a chronic lung condition) my first thought was "oh s*** I might not get tickets tomorrow" so I told mr doctor man I could not be kept in as I had urgent business tomorrow and was taking no chances about not making the final. He was so incredulous he just agreed that I could come in on Thursday for treatment supposing they can find a bed for me , which apparently after turning one down is not guaranteed. He then asked me when the game was , I told him and got the devastating news that I am in such bad nick it's going to take at least 3 weeks of intensive treatment in the hospital and I couldn't actually go to the game , only one thing crossed my mind - "I'll sign myself out" I said and this time he was so incredulous he blurted out "it's only a game son". Stupid p****. Hopefully I'll still have a bed in the ward after the game but at the end of the day whatever happens I am NOT missing the biggest Edinburgh derby in history simple as that. Might be a bit of a struggle getting from the car to Hampden and climbing those stairs will be a bitch but I cannot miss the game. Gutted I won't can have a pint pre-match to cool the nerves but that could be disastrous with the meds/painkillers I'll be on! Anyway my advice to the OP is get the op and still go to the match , yes it's probably a bit idiotic but this is the biggest derby in history you simply can't miss it!

Aahhh I feel electric right now the adrenaline is pumping , I HAVE A TICKET!

Bring on the jam tarts , no fear.

Good luck to everyone still trying for tickets!

What a wonderful , wonderful day.

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:not worth:not worth:not worth:not worth

Posts like this should be sent to pat Fenlon and the players. They'll already know how much it means to us but to read it brings it home big time.

LeithBoozy
09-05-2012, 12:50 PM
If you do go, make sure you explain your delemia to the Hibbys around you. So that anybody who does not know about it will not jump on your back when Hibs score the winner. :wink:

Albanian Hibs
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
phone up a couple days before op and say you have the runs, they wont want you anywhere near the hospital. They will re-book you for a later date (if you can wait that long that is).

WeAreHibs
09-05-2012, 03:06 PM
We'll all have the runs a couple days before fella :wink:

Gus
09-05-2012, 03:23 PM
i think you should get the op and then go to the final and jump about like a looney.... hopefully you'll permenantly cripple yourself and wont be able to play for the beers again...... just saying what your team mates are thinking pal..... :greengrin

:top marks

Ultrabee1-0
09-05-2012, 04:24 PM

So do I

HELP

x

go to the game in wheel chair and get disability aces?

Hibernia Na Eir
09-05-2012, 05:16 PM

So do I

HELP

x

phone them, delay it. You'll get put back 5 or 6 weeks, but still on it. Have a wee excuse ready.
I know, cause ive just done same and for same op! ;-)

The_Horde
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM

So do I

HELP

x

Personally believe you should give your ticket to a more deserving hibs fan, you part time pr***.

Saorsa
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Have the op, dinnae have the op, who gives a **** :greengrin just get yersel tae the game, you can sit at the end with the other auld wreck :wink: :greengrin

Judas Iscariot
09-05-2012, 05:52 PM

Beat me to it Scott :agree: