PDA

View Full Version : Super Ivan Sproule

HibeeMG
08-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I want this guy to turn up on the 19th. I've been so disappointed with him since he came back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 11:20 PM
I want this guy to turn up on the 19th. I've been so disappointed with him since he came back.

Doesn't merit even a place on the bench on the 19th IMO! Brings absolutely nothing to the game anymore as for "he can make an impact or change a game from the bench" sadly those days are behind him. Would absolutely love him to prove me wrong by the way but I just can't see it.

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Doesn't merit even a place on the bench on the 19th IMO! Brings absolutely nothing to the game anymore as for "he can make an impact or change a game from the bench" sadly those days are behind him.

I dont think so, not quite yet :wink:

He's a player that gets driven forward by the crowd. We've rarely seen him off the bench this season, I think he could have a say :aok:

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 11:30 PM
I dont think so, not quite yet :wink:

He's a player that gets driven forward by the crowd. We've rarely seen him off the bench this season, I think he could have a say :aok:

Have you forgotten the games he has started? He has shown heehaw I'm afraid, his pace was his weapon now he rarely outstrips anyone!

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Have you forgotten the games he has started? He has shown heehaw I'm afraid, his pace was his weapon now he rarely outstrips anyone!

Nope not forgotten it, but apart from a few games here and there in his previous spell he was pretty gash when he started as well.

Off the bench? He still has pace (you saw it last night in his brief cameo). Agreed its a yard off what he was, but certainly enough pace to trouble zaliukas, webster, barr.. none of which have any real pace.

Hibernian Verse
08-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Agree with Scouse here, not worthy of a spot on the bench.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Nope not forgotten it, but apart from a few games here and there in his previous spell he was pretty gash when he started as well.

Off the bench? He still has pace (you saw it last night in his brief cameo). Certainly enough pace to trouble zaliukas, webster, barr.. none of which have any real pace.

Nowhere near the pace he had and not enough nouse to trouble without it. All about opinions though so hope he can prove me wrong.

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 11:35 PM
Nowhere near the pace he had and not enough nouse to trouble without it. All about opinions though so hope he can prove me wrong.

Hopefully. One things for sure, he's due us a performance. What better time to deliver it than the 19th :cb

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Hopefully. One things for sure, he's due us a performance. What better time to deliver it than the 19th :cb

:aok:

HibeeMG
08-05-2012, 11:38 PM

That was my thinking when I started the thread.

He used to have defenders frightened. Nowadays he only has one move and that's to cut inside onto his right foot. He never takes on his man on the outside like we saw for the first goal in the SC 0-3 at Ibrox for GO'C to score.

lapsedhibee
09-05-2012, 04:55 AM
'fraid Ivan's a red card waiting to happen in a match like this. On Monday, the first three things he did after coming on were foul someone, get caught offside, then trap a ball into the East. Not nearly super enough now. :boo hoo:

Hibby cal
09-05-2012, 05:15 AM
I spoke to him in tescos (Bonnyrigg)this week
And he says he and rest of the team are determined
To win this cup.I fully believe him,he's actually a very
Nice guy to speak too aswell. Defo has hibs inside his
Heart ggtth

3pm
09-05-2012, 06:33 AM
I don't think he's as quick as he was which is understandable he's now in his 30's.

However, his main problem IMO is he looks to have lost his confidence to take his opponent 'on'. He stops to pass back to Matt Docherty for example rather than go past the full back and put a cross in.

lucky
09-05-2012, 06:50 AM
Defo worth a place on the bench purely cos he hates them and might just produce one final performance to repay the Hibees for giving his chance in football

Craig_in_Prague
09-05-2012, 07:04 AM
I hope he doesn't even get onto the pitch.

why? It means we'll be winning and don't need anyone to come on and 'try change' things!

Seriously, if we are losing and rely on him coming on, then we're in trouble.

I like Ivan don't get me wrong, but I hope he doesn't need to get stripped and ready, unless we're cruising and someone is knackered.

GGTTH

cad
09-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Cult hero with the hat-trick is the wee fella,wont be here in the the summer IMO ,
Maybe get on the bench for a cheerio at Hampden ,rags to riches for Ivan lived the dream cup final win would cap it all

JIm
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
A crowd spurring him on will do him wonders i.e Aberdeen semi final. Yes he's due us a performance but rather than sit here and slate him why dont we start being positive and give him some decent backing.:aok:

Makaveli
09-05-2012, 12:37 PM
Written in the stars that he comes on and wins it.

hibee_girl
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
A crowd spurring him on will do him wonders i.e Aberdeen semi final. Yes he's due us a performance but rather than sit here and slate him why dont we start being positive and give him some decent backing.:aok:

:agree:

God knows why but I just have a feeling Ivan is going to win us this thing, can't explain it!

09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
Doesn't merit even a place on the bench on the 19th IMO! Brings absolutely nothing to the game anymore as for "he can make an impact or change a game from the bench" sadly those days are behind him. Would absolutely love him to prove me wrong by the way but I just can't see it.

:agree:

Plenty pace but he does nothing with it, his end product is awful at times.

Onceinawhile
09-05-2012, 12:39 PM
Written in the stars that he comes on and wins it.

Had a dream where that exact scenario happens 2-1 hibs. Mcpake scoring first. I also know who scores the hearts goal.

R'Albin
09-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Who else would everyone replace Ivan with on the bench? I can't think of much better tbh.

JimBHibees
09-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Who else would everyone replace Ivan with on the bench? I can't think of much better tbh.

Agree would be amazed if he wasnt on the bench. Bringing someone like Ivan on late against tiring defenders is a great option to have and you just know that he is capable of getting a goal.

Judas Iscariot
09-05-2012, 06:05 PM
He should start on the left before Stevenson

dmc1875
09-05-2012, 06:10 PM

It will be a straight race between spoony and Ivan I think. Got to say I'd have Ivan ahead of Spoony every day of the week. Massive Hibee, will unsettle the jambos a bit (they'd hate it if he popped up with the winner) and with a bit of confidence still has enough to trouble.

Scouse Hibee
09-05-2012, 06:42 PM
He should start on the left before Stevenson

:faf:

JIm
10-05-2012, 09:55 AM
:faf:

Anyone who doesnt think Ivan Sproule merits a place on the bench should watch the attached video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzbNqL7CrU&feature=endscreen&NR=1

He does understand what its all about and that for me is what its all about.

:flag:

Scouse Hibee
10-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Anyone who doesnt think Ivan Sproule merits a place on the bench should watch the attached video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGzbNqL7CrU&feature=endscreen&NR=1

He does understand what its all about and that for me is what its all about.

:flag:

Just a pity he can't express those feelings on the pitch anymore, been mostly a waste of a shirt since he came back!

JIm
10-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Just a pity he can't express those feelings on the pitch anymore, been mostly a waste of a shirt since he came back!

As with many of the players this season they have struggled to express themself. Dont see why Ivan is continually getting singled out like Hanlon and Wotherspoon before him.

For me you just need to look back to the semi final v Aberdeen where he did do himself justice. This is just the kind of game IMO that we will see him step up to the plate.

All about opinions though aye. :aok:

Sammy7nil
10-05-2012, 11:14 AM
I hope he doesn't even get onto the pitch.

why? It means we'll be winning and don't need anyone to come on and 'try change' things!

Seriously, if we are losing and rely on him coming on, then we're in trouble.

I like Ivan don't get me wrong, but I hope he doesn't need to get stripped and ready, unless we're cruising and someone is knackered.

GGTTH

Ivan has been poor BUT who else would you like to come off the bench if we need a goal?
A proven SPL scorer or some random who has contributed very little.

Ivan is not the man he was but well worth a bench place in our current squad.

SmokieJoe
10-05-2012, 11:38 PM

Amen.

If only the man could/would stay for crossing training, thats all he needs, end product to his efforts.

SmokieJoe
10-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Ivan has been poor BUT who else would you like to come off the bench if we need a goal?
A proven SPL scorer or some random who has contributed very little.

Ivan is not the man he was but well worth a bench place in our current squad.

I'm not sure Ivan's that Ivan's current 'ahem' vein of scoring form might come to a start?

Worth a place on the bench? as much as he is remembered for his goals in his previous time at ER,, surely there are many a laddie in the squad thet are worth a 'one off' punt to grab something on the day before ivan's crossing alludes hime one last time this season?

IWasThere2016
11-05-2012, 05:09 AM
He, like all the others, won't let us down.

This is OUR time :agree:

snooky
13-05-2012, 02:02 AM
He, like all the others, won't let us down.

This is OUR time :agree:

I have a gut feeling it's going to be Ivan's final.

joe breezy
13-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Off the bench with 10 minutes to go...

Can't be starting if he was poor yesterday