PDA

View Full Version : Hibs in Dublin pre-Final

Bohemian_Hibee
08-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but is there any truth that Hibs are coming over to Dublin for a few days training/bonding/retreat prior to the final?

offshorehibby
08-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Not heard that one yet but i've said to a few people i wouldn't be surprised if we have a pre-season over there

tamsonsbairn
08-05-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm sure that there is an agreement that Hibs will go to Ireland and play a friendly with Bohemians. All part of the deal when we negotiated Pat Fenlons switch to Hibs I believe.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I'm sure that there is an agreement that Hibs will go to Ireland and play a friendly with Bohemians. All part of the deal when we negotiated Pat Fenlons switch to Hibs I believe.

Not before the cup final though!

Bohemian_Hibee
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Two people mentioned it to me, not sure where they heard it. Supposedly the team are over from the 14th to the 16th, training at Tolka Rovers (which is a goalkeepers kick from where Nutsy comes from!).

fit o' the walk
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Apologies if mentioned elsewhere, but is there any truth that Hibs are coming over to Dublin for a few days training/bonding/retreat prior to the final? On another site seemingly Malahide.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-05-2012, 08:20 PM
On another site seemingly Malahide.

hoping Hibs announce a Republic trip soon...got my money stashed for this :pfgwa

BEEJ
08-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Two people mentioned it to me, not sure where they heard it. Supposedly the team are over from the 14th to the 16th, training at Tolka Rovers (which is a goalkeepers kick from where Nutsy comes from!).
It would make sense to take the team away from the intense media focus over here for a few days during the build-up to the final.

Dublin might be the answer to that.

Hibernia Na Eir
08-05-2012, 08:44 PM
It would make sense to take the team away from the intense media focus over here for a few days during the build-up to the final.

Far superior than Largs :agree:

Peevemor
08-05-2012, 08:46 PM

Far superior than Largs :agree:

:agree: They should be able to squeeze in a good few swallies while they're there.

Albion Hibs
08-05-2012, 08:48 PM
I heard they were heading away for a few days following the ICT game. If so would make sense to get out of the city for a few days on the build up and make sure they are all eating and sleeping...and off the booze.

EH6 Hibby
08-05-2012, 09:14 PM
They're definitely going to Ireland for a few days intense training. I was told a week but I'm guessing it's about 5 days.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 09:20 PM
On another site seemingly Malahide.

Nice place not too far from the Dublin airport Hilton Hotel.

Bohemian_Hibee
08-05-2012, 09:31 PM

If it is Malahide, that's where the Republic of Ireland International side train, so very decent facilities there..

Jamesie
08-05-2012, 09:58 PM

I understand there may be a panda wedding there - albeit not until later in the summer :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I understand there may be a panda wedding there - albeit not until later in the summer :greengrin

Eh? Lost me I'm afraid.

Frazerbob
08-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Eh? Lost me I'm afraid.

One of the pandas from the semi is getting married at The Grand Hotel, Malahide in July.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 10:05 PM
One of the pandas from the semi is getting married at The Grand Hotel, Malahide in July.

Ah I see :aok:

Jamesie
08-05-2012, 10:06 PM

Another sign that it's our year :greengrin

JimBHibees
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM
If it is Malahide, that's where the Republic of Ireland International side train, so very decent facilities there..

Malahide is a really nice place been a couple of times. It makes complete sense to be getting away from the build up which will be over here and seems to be a smart choice given PF in charge.

Hibernia Na Eir
09-05-2012, 02:42 PM
Just keep the players away from Temple Bar :wink:

Newry Hibs
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm sure I'll see the lads on my Easyjet flight over from Belfast the Friday before the final, so I'll wish them well.

HONG KONG PHOOEY
10-05-2012, 06:45 PM
On twitter that Hibs are having their Cup Final media day on Monday. The media day is in Dublin. Looks like the boys are heading off for a day or two before the final. Maybe good for them to get away from all the tension and build up ??

jdships
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
]I heard they were heading away for a few days following the ICT game.[/U] If so would make sense to get out of the city for a few days on the build up and make sure they are all eating and sleeping...and off the booze.

My young lads said exactly that on Tuesday evening but wouldn't be drawn on where they were off to
Makes sense to get awy from the local "hype" !!

Part/Time Supporter
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
All the media luvvies are greeting about it.

:rolleyes:

Maybe they should think before publishing some of the crap they come out with in future.

hibee_girl
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Raman Bhardwaj from STV moaning about it on twitter :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
10-05-2012, 07:01 PM

Clown :rolleyes:

Westie1875
10-05-2012, 07:06 PM

Just read that, what a flipping drama queen. The way he is going on you'd think they were off to North Korea FFS.

Note to the press, Hibs first duty is to prepare the team for the match and they will do this in the way they see as most appropriate, they are not here to pander to you. :na na:

Top Pans Hibby
10-05-2012, 07:22 PM
It's an outrage. How dare Hibs get in the way of STV's preparation for the Scottish Cup final........

TrinityHibs
10-05-2012, 07:28 PM
I was in Dublin for the Edinburgh Ulster Heineken Cup game and if there is a better place to go for a quick trip I would be astonished. To be fair I wasnt preparing for anything other than a trip to a Betty Ford clinic but its a good place to go

lyonhibs
10-05-2012, 07:30 PM
What in the name of god are the esteemed Scottish media getting their knickers in a twist over re: us going to Dublin to prepare?? :confused:

givescotlandfreedom
10-05-2012, 08:36 PM
What in the name of god are the esteemed Scottish media getting their knickers in a twist over re: us going to Dublin to prepare?? :confused:

Fuds! They're being allowed to speak to us. Not the other way around!

tamsonsbairn
10-05-2012, 11:39 PM
The way they have treated us this season is diabolical (the Gary O'Connor penalty incident, the Griffiths training incident, plus all the other crap wanting us to go down etc) why we even talk to them I'll never know. Get as far away from them as possible before the final and if they want to do any interviews pre match or whatever make them come a long way to us.

JohnStephens91
11-05-2012, 12:34 AM
It is up to the media to go to Hibs and not for the club to go to the media. It is their job to go wherever Hibs go if they are reporting on the club and I don't see what Raman Bhardwaj is getting all fussy over as I can't even remember him reporting on Hibs. The media have been awful with Hibs this season and it is a joke at how they have been treated with a variety of incidents popping up where they have tried to harm the club. Leigh Griffiths on numerous occasions is perhaps the best example. So if Hibs want to go to Dublin then that is fine by me, and I would presume with most of the fans as well, the only people it doesn't suit are the ones who think they should be sat in their offices waiting for the team to be coming to them.

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Hibs to escape cup final mayhem in Dublin

H
By STUART BATHGATE
Published on Friday 11 May 2012 00:03

PAT Fenlon will take his Hibernian squad to Dublin for the first half of next week in a bid to get them away from Scottish Cup final fever.

Hibs will fly to the Irish capital on Sunday and stay there for three nights, training at Tolka Rovers, Fenlon’s first club.

Given the importance of the Hampden final against Hearts on Saturday week, Fenlon feels that a change of routine is called for, and that a short trip to another English-speaking country will minimise the risk of unwanted delays and ensure the players have a relaxing stay.

The plan is to decide on the starting XI for the final during the stay, in order to allow the chosen team a chance to train together away from the glare of publicity. Once they return from Dublin, Hibs are expected to be based at their East Mains training ground for a couple of days before spending the eve of the match in a country hotel not too far from the national stadium

Good news for me - I live 500yds from Tolka Rovers park. I wonder if I could cadge a lift back for the final?

Hibernia Na Eir
11-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Let's hope we get the luck of the Irish Paddy!
Hail Hail

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Let's hope we get the luck of the Irish Paddy!
Hail Hail

Yes Hibs are due some luck. I had a bit of luck myself on Wednesday and managed to get two tickets for my son and myself so we will be flying over to our home town on Friday afternoon. Anybody else flying from Dublin Friday pm?

Northernhibee
11-05-2012, 06:51 AM
You see, this is where I think we hold an advantage. PF knows exactly what mindset is required to win an all or nothing cup final.

Buzzing for this game.

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2012, 06:57 AM
You see, this is where I think we hold an advantage. PF knows exactly what mindset is required to win an all or nothing cup final.

Buzzing for this game.

I've been singing his praises since he arrived. I knew he had the ability to get a squad of players together and working. I hope that he has shown The Tache enough to allow the purse strings to be loosened. GGTTH

Northernhibee
11-05-2012, 07:00 AM
I've been singing his praises since he arrived. I knew he had the ability to get a squad of players together and working. I hope that he has shown The Tache enough to allow the purse strings to be loosened. GGTTH
Yep, love the bloke.

I have such a positive feeling about the next two weekends.

Spike Mandela
11-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Better pray we don't get any volcanic ash spewed into the air in the next few days.:panic:

Green_one
11-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Better pray we don't get any volcanic ash spewed into the air in the next few days.:panic:

The air will be full on the 19th of Jambos burning their scarfs.:flag:

Good idea from Fenlon and lets hope the Irish sprinkle a bit of magic on us.

Good publicity for the Hibs over there too, as its bound to make the press and TV. Nice touch that its his old club. I am sure they will make them all feel at home.

I am becoming more positive by the day. I may not have to disappear on the Sunday / Monday after all. :greengrin

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2012, 08:47 AM
The air will be full on the 19th of Jambos burning their scarfs.:flag:

Good idea from Fenlon and lets hope the Irish sprinkle a bit of magic on us.

Good publicity for the Hibs over there too, as its bound to make the press and TV. Nice touch that its his old club. I am sure they will make them all feel at home.

I am becoming more positive by the day. I may not have to disappear on the Sunday / Monday after all. :greengrin

Yes it's our time I think. I'm Q.C. at present. Been there and done this but a different feeling this time I must admit.

Baader
11-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Just keep them away from Temple Bar! :greengrin

Jack Ferrigan
11-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Just keep them away from Temple Bar! :greengrin

Taken care of. Got a spy in Temple Bar.My son works there.:thumbsup:

BEEJ
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
[Ahem] They could take the ferry! :greengrin

Speedway
12-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Paddy's doing a JC and taking the team away to prepare them to win the cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18047674

Hibercelona
12-05-2012, 08:11 PM
I think its a good idea to get them away for a few days.

It'll allow them to get mentally prepared in a more relaxed atmosphere.

TheEastTerrace
12-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Heard this hasn't gone down too well among the Scottish media hacks. Media day is in Ireland. :na na:

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Heard this hasn't gone down too well among the Scottish media hacks. Media day is in Ireland. :na na:

Who gives a flying **** what they think?

marinello59
12-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Bummer for Celtc fans. Not only are we more Scottish than them, we are more Irish as well. And all in a positive way.:thumbsup:

TheEastTerrace
12-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Who gives a flying **** what they think?

Like them or loathe them, fans want to hear from the players and management in the lead up to a final. The media are that vehicle.

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Like them or loathe them, fans want to hear from the players and management in the lead up to a final. The media are that vehicle.

I've got half the team on twitter, do we really need them?

Westie1875
12-05-2012, 08:30 PM

Since when were we not allowed to communicate with people in Ireland?

Lots of fuss about nothing IMO, Hibs will do what suits Hibs, they don't need to try to please the media. I'm sure the Hibs website and Hibs tv will be kept up to date aswell as the Hibs twitter feed.

Hibercelona
12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
I've got half the team on twitter, do we really need them?

I think it would be best if the fans left the players alone while they're gone.

No tweeting or facebooking or whatever. Just leave them to it.

Littlest Hobo
12-05-2012, 08:33 PM
I think it would be best if the fans left the players alone while they're gone.

No tweeting or facebooking or whatever. Just leave them to it.

If that's going to help us win the cup then I'm all for it.

GreenCastle
12-05-2012, 08:35 PM

It's Ireland not Australia / Japan they are flying too! :rolleyes:

In Fenlon we trust :aok:

Hibercelona
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
If that's going to help us win the cup then I'm all for it.

:agree:

I think this is a good oppurtunity for them to get some breathing space from the media and the fans.

They'll come back more focused and confident. I'm sure of it.

TheEastTerrace
12-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Since when were we not allowed to communicate with people in Ireland?

Lots of fuss about nothing IMO, Hibs will do what suits Hibs, they don't need to try to please the media. I'm sure the Hibs website and Hibs tv will be kept up to date aswell as the Hibs twitter feed.

Hmm :rolleyes:

The Green Goblin
12-05-2012, 08:42 PM
It's an excellent idea...

The Green Goblin
12-05-2012, 08:43 PM
:agree:

I think this is a good oppurtunity for them to get some breathing space from the media and the fans.

They'll come back more focused and confident. I'm sure of it.

...and relaxed. :agree:

Hibercelona
12-05-2012, 08:45 PM
...and relaxed. :agree:

Indeed.

Not overly relaxed though. :wink:

Just relaxed enough to focus more clearly on their individual roles.

ThirdManRun
12-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Fans want to win the cup. That's all that matters. Trust Paddy.

AFKA5814_Hibs
12-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Let the players get away from it all for a few days. Good idea IMO. They'll be back by Wed/Thu so time then to do the press interviews etc.

mixumatosis
12-05-2012, 08:52 PM

I would have thought that a few days away on the emerald isle courtesy of the expense account would go down quite nicely with the esteemed men & women of the fourth estate.

Bohemian_Hibee
14-05-2012, 11:41 AM
*BREAKING NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*BREAKING NEWS*

First training session at 10.30 this morning according to one of my 'sources'. :greengrin :agree:

Further developments to be announced in due course..stay tuned!

hibsbollah
14-05-2012, 11:48 AM
IIRC Collins took the boys away for a weeks intensive training session abroad a week before the 2007 final?

Bohemian_Hibee
14-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Slightly off-topic... there was a time, not so long ago, when you'd struggle to even see a Hibs result in an Irish paper, nevermind a report. Obviously as a result of the Fenlon-factor, there has been an increased level of interest in Hibs fortunes in the media here. Yesterday was a good point in case. On a day when Leinsters semi-final win made news, along with end of the Premiership, it was nice to see a good-sized article on Hibs in one of the main Sunday newspapers...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-relishes-his-rebuilding-role-3105781.html

KeithTheHibby
14-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Slightly off-topic... there was a time, not so long ago, when you'd struggle to even see a Hibs result in an Irish paper, nevermind a report. Obviously as a result of the Fenlon-factor, there has been an increased level of interest in Hibs fortunes in the media here. Yesterday was a good point in case. On a day when Leinsters semi-final win made news, along with end of the Premiership, it was nice to see a good-sized article on Hibs in one of the main Sunday newspapers...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/fenlon-relishes-his-rebuilding-role-3105781.html

Not sure I actually believe what has been written there.

I don't think for one minute that Fenlon would say Hearts have better players than us for a start.

Hibby Kay-Yay
14-05-2012, 12:29 PM
Not sure I actually believe what has been written there.

I don't think for one minute that Fenlon would say Hearts have better players than us for a start.

Why not, the results against them back it up. Would be nice to end their run on Saturday though :agree:

KeithTheHibby
14-05-2012, 12:53 PM
Why not, the results against them back it up. Would be nice to end their run on Saturday though :agree:

He still wouldn't say it though. It was only in January he was saying how we had to change the mindset of players and supporters into believing we were as good if not better than Hearts so I seriously doubt a week before the cup final change his tune.

hibsbollah
14-05-2012, 07:36 PM
IIRC Collins took the boys away for a weeks intensive training session abroad a week before the 2007 final?

Rob Jones interview in todays evening news' supplement says it was Marbella.

D7 Bohs
14-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Further to what Bohemian Hibee said up there, there was an interview with Nutsy in the main evening news bulletin on RTE this evening, second sports lead after Man City.

Hibercelona
14-05-2012, 09:58 PM

It would be the wrong thing to say, morally and factually.

Our players are better than theirs. They just need to realize it.

Once they realize that they're better, they'll perform better and we'll finish above Hearts in the league next season.

Bohemian_Hibee
15-05-2012, 06:53 AM
Further to what Bohemian Hibee said up there, there was an interview with Nutsy in the main evening news bulletin on RTE this evening, second sports lead after Man City.

Yep, nearly choked on my dinner. Hibs on the main RTE news? Unheard of

No stories of civil disorder, unrest, rioting or even general shenanigans in the Temple Bar area last night. Phew! :wink:

NOLA
15-05-2012, 12:33 PM
Yep, nearly choked on my dinner. Hibs on the main RTE news? Unheard of

No stories of civil disorder, unrest, rioting or even general shenanigans in the Temple Bar area last night. Phew! :wink:
:greengrin good stuff, they coming back today or tomorrow?

Cabbage East
15-05-2012, 12:39 PM

I always find it totally bizarre how much attention is paid to the English league over there.

Bohemian_Hibee
15-05-2012, 12:50 PM
:greengrin good stuff, they coming back today or tomorrow?

Training tomorrow at 10.30, then a trip to the Guinness Storehouse brewery, flying back tomorrow evening...

:wink:

kennyh
15-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Comments in the Herald today that Dublin Hibs lads had been watching training. Nice one

HIBEES HERE
HIBEES THERE
HIBEES EVERY *** WHERE

Bohemian_Hibee
16-05-2012, 11:23 AM
A few photos...

http://fmcphotos.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/hibs-training-session-tolka-rovers-afc-dublin-1652012/

Gatecrasher
16-05-2012, 11:29 AM
A few photos...

http://fmcphotos.wordpress.com/2012/05/16/hibs-training-session-tolka-rovers-afc-dublin-1652012/

Is that the ball they are using on saturday? iirc they usually train with the SPL balls

PaulSmith
16-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Is that the ball they are using on saturday? iirc they usually train with the SPL balls

It will be Adidas as its a Scottish Cup final and they have the contract with Adidas rather than SPL and Mitre

Gatecrasher
16-05-2012, 11:34 AM
It will be Adidas as its a Scottish Cup final and they have the contract with Adidas rather than SPL and Mitre

Thanks, was just wondering :aok:

PaulSmith
16-05-2012, 11:34 AM
A few photos...

Also noted Matt Doherty training :aok:

Jim44
17-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Are the team back from Dublin yet? I thought I caught a glimpse on the telly of Pat Fenlon being photographed against the Edinburgh skyline. I thought I'd read that the pre-match press conference (usually Thursday) was to be held in Dublin.

Sir David Gray
17-05-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes, think they came back yesterday.

Albanian Hibs
17-05-2012, 08:23 PM
yip they are back. Paddy was getting his photo taken with the cup and with the castle in the background.