PDA

View Full Version : Trains to Hampden (merged)

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Away travel by train tends in my opinion to be the more enjoyable option than supporters bus, allowing greater freedom to decide the pre/post match drinking venues, time of departure & return etc. Train trips to Ayr & Aberdeen games during this campaign have been great days out and I tend to think that after these victories it would be appropriate to travel by train to the final as well.

The last time we played that lot at Hampden I went by bus, just wondering what the experience was like for those who trained it? Were trains segregated or a free for all with everyone mixed? Recommend or not?

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 07:25 PM
All seemed to work well yesterday. Plenty of police about and the platform for the trains to Mount Flordia/Kings Park were split in to separate lanes for the Hibs and Aberdeen fans so that they weren't boarding at the same time and in (mainly) separate carriages.

My main worry is that the last train from Glasgow down south is at 18:40, so doesn't leave much time for celebrating after the game (no option but to do a day trip unfortunately).

Scouse Hibee
15-04-2012, 07:27 PM
All seemed to work well yesterday. Plenty of police about and the platform for the trains to Mount Flordia/Kings Park were split in to separate lanes for the Hibs and Aberdeen fans so that they weren't boarding at the same time and in (mainly) separate carriages.

My main worry is that the last train from Glasgow down south is at 18:40, so doesn't leave much time for celebrating after the game (no option but to do a day trip unfortunately).

No later trains from Edinburgh?

lyonhibs
15-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I imagine there will be some pretty advanced arrangements for the final in terms of trains. I can see Hearts trains going from Haymarket to Central and Hibs ones going from Waverly to Central. Then at Central there will be tight, tight arrangements to keep the fans apart and onto trains going to the right stop - Mount Florida or Kings Park, depending on what end each one is allocated.

I'd also imagine the polis will have a presence on the trains to keep them as dry as possible.

I'll be getting into Central from London Euston at about noon on matchday itself............

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-04-2012, 07:34 PM
IIRC were there not football specials to Kings Park from Waverley for that Semi Final? Not very good for pre match pints!

Dav1986
15-04-2012, 07:59 PM
IIRC were there not football specials to Kings Park from Waverley for that Semi Final? Not very good for pre match pints!

Yeah there was, I got on it. IIRC hearts train left from slateford or haymarket to mount florida

Nakedmanoncrack
15-04-2012, 08:02 PM

I think there may have been one (or one each?) special that day, specials a waste of time IMO be as well going by bus if just getting ferried straight there and back.

LancashireHibby
15-04-2012, 08:21 PM
No later trains from Edinburgh?
Still 18:40 unfortunately.

johnbc70
15-04-2012, 08:31 PM
There were a few train specials for the semi final, remember getting it at Waverly and it went around the old Edinburgh city rail line and then out towards the west. I think the Hibs trains went to Kings Park and the Hearts fans to Mount Florida. Would be happy to get it again as no traffic problems.

Stanton
16-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Will it be designated trains for Hibby's and designated trains for ****bo's or just a mish mash together ....???
Was planning on getting early train through and going for a few refreshments in Glasgow pre-match with my brother and my mate but not sure what the train arrangements will be with a real mixture of Handsome Greens and repugnant ****bos sharing ...recipe for trouble do you think ???

JohnStephens91
16-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Will the fans not be told to go from different stations? So Hibs fans would leave from Waverly and Hearts fans would leave from Haymarket, non-stop train through to the Weeg. And then split up at Central like it was on Saturday?

Sean1875
16-04-2012, 01:52 PM
Will the fans not be told to go from different stations? So Hibs fans would leave from Waverly and Hearts fans would leave from Haymarket, non-stop train through to the Weeg. And then split up at Central like it was on Saturday?

:agree: i'd imagine there will be a number of football specials running, the fuzz will be wanting to keep the mingling between the two sets of fans to a minimum.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 01:54 PM
:agree: i'd imagine there will be a number of football specials running, the fuzz will be wanting to keep the mingling between the two sets of fans to a minimum.

Agree.

My guess is we'll be Waverley to Kings Park.

That lot will be Haymarket or Slateford to Mount Florida.

jgl07
16-04-2012, 02:00 PM

I very much doubt it.

There are around 12-13 trains an hour as things stand between Edinburgh and Glasgow on three or four different routes. I would be surprised if they put extra trains on. I do not think that the capacity is there to do that.

If they have any sense they will put extra coaches on some of the existing trains. On past experience they probably will not.

As for Hibs supporters being forced to go to Waverley that is complete nonsense. There will be plenty of non-football traffic on the trains so they can hardly stop and question everyone at Haymarket before they are let onto the station.

It is actually possible to get to King's Park without going to Glasgow Central station. I will go that route.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I very much doubt it.

There are around 12-13 trains an hour as things stand between Edinburgh and Glasgow on three or four different routes. I would be surprised if they put extra trains on. I do not think that the capacity is there to do that.

If they have any sense they will put extra coaches on some of the existing trains. On past experience they probably will not.

As for Hibs supporters being forced to go to Waverley that is complete nonsense. There will be plenty of non-football traffic on the trains so they can hardly stop and question everyone at Haymarket before they are let onto the station.

It is actually possible to get to King's Park without going to Glasgow Central station. I will go that route.

Their was definitely segregated 'football specials' running for that semi final.

Hibs17
16-04-2012, 02:26 PM
They definitely ran football specials last time round. Heres the information from the Scotrail website

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/news/view-scotrail-press-releaseb45f.html

"For operational purposes, the two trains for Hibs supporters will run from Edinburgh’s Waverley Station direct to King’s Park, Glasgow.

For Hearts fans, the extra services will run from Edinburgh’s Slateford station to Glasgow Central, where they will transfer on services to Mount Florida"

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing again.

JohnStephens91
16-04-2012, 02:27 PM
So you would knowingly sit on a train full of Hearts fans and be fine with it while they chant their songs? There was some degree of segregation in the 2006 semi so there will be on May 19th.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 02:59 PM
It was ok for the semi, but, if we win we will probably all be able to fly back under our own steam!

Nakedmanoncrack
16-04-2012, 05:32 PM

There may be a couple of specials running but there simply isn't spare capacity of trains sitting about ready to be brought into action when required. Edinburgh-Glasgow is the Scotrail flagship service and trains are packed with shoppers etc of a Saturday afternoon. So the idea of trains being turned over to non-stop services for cup final fans is a non starter. Can see the Polis maybe having a queuing system, trying to make alternative trains predominantly one team or the other. Shouldn't be too difficult trains are every 15 mins.

DH1875
16-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Their was definitely segregated 'football specials' running for that semi final.

Had them on Saturday as well. Not from Edinburgh but from central station. Sheep went to Mount Florida and we went to Kings Park. Same on the return journey :agree:.

Ringothedog
16-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Had them on Saturday as well. Not from Edinburgh but from central station. Sheep went to Mount Florida and we went to Kings Park. Same on the return journey :agree:.

Except they put us on a train from Central which let us of at Mount Florida:grr:

LancashireHibby
16-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Except they put us on a train from Central which let us of at Mount Florida:grr:
Ours stopped at Mount Florida as well as there were Aberdeen fans on and indeed most of the Hibs fans got off at MF as well - we just stayed on to Kings Park as we already knew it was stopping there as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-04-2012, 07:08 PM
There may be a couple of specials running but there simply isn't spare capacity of trains sitting about ready to be brought into action when required. Edinburgh-Glasgow is the Scotrail flagship service and trains are packed with shoppers etc of a Saturday afternoon. So the idea of trains being turned over to non-stop services for cup final fans is a non starter. Can see the Polis maybe having a queuing system, trying to make alternative trains predominantly one team or the other. Shouldn't be too difficult trains are every 15 mins.

As stated earlier in the thread, they managed it nae bother for THAT Semi.

jgl07
16-04-2012, 07:57 PM
They definitely ran football specials last time round. Heres the information from the Scotrail website

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/news/view-scotrail-press-releaseb45f.html

"For operational purposes, the two trains for Hibs supporters will run from Edinburgh’s Waverley Station direct to King’s Park, Glasgow.

For Hearts fans, the extra services will run from Edinburgh’s Slateford station to Glasgow Central, where they will transfer on services to Mount Florida"

I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same thing again.

In 2006 there were around five trains an hour to Glasgow: four via Falkirk and one (very slow) stopping train via Shotts into Central. Now there twelve. There are still four via Falkirk, another four via Bathgate into Queen Street Low Level and four via Shotts (now fast trains) into Central. I am not sure that there is the capacity to add additional trains. There certainly was spare capacity in 2006.

Certainly here were no problems for the Aberdeen Semi-Final. I got a train to Central leaving at 10:00 from Haymarket and there were very few on it. There seemed to be more Aberdeen supporters that Hibs fans on it. There will be much less pressure for the Final as some will leave first thing to go drinking in Glasgow before the game and some will leave it till much later. For the Semi-Final, the latest train to get there on time was leaving at 10:00.

Bobby's Cinema
17-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Is it a good idea?

I can only imagine it would be chaos and absolutely heaving coming back.
I think supporters bus is probably the best option but I may be outnumbered on this one :cb

offshorehibby
17-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I read somewhere today Scotrail would post travel details ASAP. I remember years ago getting the old football specials direct to Kings Park from Waverley.
They also said they were trying to source as many coaches as possible.

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-04-2012, 09:55 PM
I read somewhere today Scotrail would post travel details ASAP. I remember years ago getting the old football specials direct to Kings Park from Waverley.
They also said they were trying to source as many coaches as possible.

That was the 2 stations used for the special trains for THAT Semi.

hibee
17-04-2012, 09:56 PM
If they run specials we will go to one station and they will go to another, used the train and bus before and the train was quicker, no traffic jams either!

Stanton
17-04-2012, 10:11 PM
If they run specials we will go to one station and they will go to another, used the train and bus before and the train was quicker, no traffic jams either!

I want to travel through by train .....BUT.... I intend wearing my Retro Hibs top etc and I dont want to have bother with maroon bigots so I suppose I await the Scotrail update on train arrangements ....ideally a few trains packed with Hibby's would be my preference :agree:

bighibbyC
26-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Has anyone else heard if there are trains running direct from waverley for hibs fans and haymarket for the ****bos or is this just a rumour thats been started.

Cheers C

:flag: :pfgwa

Frazerbob
26-04-2012, 09:31 AM
I got the train to that semi in 2006 and this is how they did it. Didn't see a Jambo until inside the stadium.

Nevi1875
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Just a quick question about destination. Which glasgow station are most .netters and other hibees going to as I'm taking my little brother and don't want to end up in a train station full of THEM

Thanks in advance

MB62
08-05-2012, 12:13 PM
I know there has been talk on here about special trains for the final, with us leaving from Waverley to Kings Park and that lot, well who cares.

However, I not seen anything official about this, either from Hibs or the train company and was wondering if this is actually happening, anybody know?

At the moment I have fixed travel arrangements, buses I had hoped to be on have all been filled (I am looking for five seats) and I really don't want to take the car, although it's looking a distinct possibility now. If there were special trains I would defo go that way but just not heard anything.

DH1875
08-05-2012, 12:43 PM
If there's NO specials running get the train to Kings Park. Yams will be going to Mount Florida so stay clear :thumbsup:. At the semi they put us and the sheep on different trains from Glasgow central though, so it shouldn't be a problem.

DH1875
08-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Don't know about from Edinburgh but once you get to Central station there will be specials with us going to Kings Park and them going to Mount Florida. Can't see it being a problem though because even if they don't put on specials from Edinburgh they will just put us on the hour/half past the hour trains and them on the quarter to/quarter past trains.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 12:53 PM
No they won't, to hard to segregate fans.

Green Man
08-05-2012, 01:01 PM
There was a small mention of special trains direct from Edinburgh in an EEN article the other week, nothing was confirmed though.

DH1875
08-05-2012, 01:03 PM
No they won't, to hard to segregate fans.

They won't what?

MB62
08-05-2012, 01:23 PM
which company is it that run the trains to the west?
I might try and find a number for them and give them a call.

Scooter
08-05-2012, 01:28 PM
They won't what?

my understanding is there will be NO special trains. so it will be the usual trains to Glasgow (either queens street and then walk to central or the train straight to central). there will be NO segregation at Waverly, however as mentioned once in Central we will be segregated Hearts going to Mount Florida and Us to Kings Park

Scooter
08-05-2012, 01:29 PM
which company is it that run the trains to the west?
I might try and find a number for them and give them a call.

loads

Scotrail - Queen Street & Central
Virgin - Central
East Coast - Central
Cross Country - Central
First Transpeinne - Central

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
They won't what?

Put fans on the half past the hour and on the hour quarter past and quarter too etc. to hard to segregate and not enough police to do it. Also there are trains direct to central via shotts and trains to queen street low level via airdrie.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 01:45 PM
loads

Scotrail - Queen Street & Central
Virgin - Central
East Coast - Central
Cross Country - Central
First Transpeinne - Central

Virgin and transpennine do not run from Waverley to central afaik

MB62
08-05-2012, 01:58 PM
I have e-mailed Scot rail, just need to see IF they reply. With no Weegie team involved, they are probably not even aware there is a Scottish Cup Final this year :wink:

lucky
08-05-2012, 02:06 PM
Trains through are mixed from Edinburgh, then separate trains at Central. On the way we will be split up on both services

Green Reaper
08-05-2012, 02:11 PM
sent you pm MB

DH1875
08-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Put fans on the half past the hour and on the hour quarter past and quarter too etc. to hard to segregate and not enough police to do it. Also there are trains direct to central via shotts and trains to queen street low level via airdrie.

With Waverley station being in the mess it is it could be a problem but other than that it's not to hard to do at all. They close the barriers so no-one can get through (even if your not going to Glasgow). Then you have a line at either end of the station, one for them and one for us and they then let each line move with the corresponding train. Doesn't take to much police or staff at all and is basically what they'll do when we get to central anyway. If your stupid enough to even want to get on the wrong train, then more fool you. If your going someplace else, Manchester or the likes you just walk up to the barrier and show the member of staff your ticket and they let you through.

DH1875
08-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I have e-mailed Scot rail, just need to see IF they reply. With no Weegie team involved, they are probably not even aware there is a Scottish Cup Final this year :wink:

They seem to do fine any other time we've played at Hampden :rolleyes:.

Scooter
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
Trains through are mixed from Edinburgh, then separate trains at Central. On the way we will be split up on both services

We won't be sperated until we get to central

Green Reaper
08-05-2012, 02:41 PM

pm shold be there now

lucky
08-05-2012, 03:13 PM

Yes thats correct

Nakedmanoncrack
08-05-2012, 04:56 PM

Free for all until Glasgow I believe, dont imagine it will cause many problems pre-match.
We are going through c.9.30, lots mpore Glasgow trains than there used to be so plenty capacity.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 04:59 PM
With Waverley station being in the mess it is it could be a problem but other than that it's not to hard to do at all. They close the barriers so no-one can get through (even if your not going to Glasgow). Then you have a line at either end of the station, one for them and one for us and they then let each line move with the corresponding train. Doesn't take to much police or staff at all and is basically what they'll do when we get to central anyway. If your stupid enough to even want to get on the wrong train, then more fool you. If your going someplace else, Manchester or the likes you just walk up to the barrier and show the member of staff your ticket and they let you through.

Won't work mate and what happens at haymarket ? Free for all?

RIP
08-05-2012, 05:10 PM
There's a reunion being planned for Central Station.

All good 80's Hearts and Hibs men are invited

Dress to impress - Lyle & Scott, Paul & Shark, G Star

Good moves and fancy footwork on the platform

Keep your ear to the ground

DH1875
08-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Won't work mate and what happens at haymarket ? Free for all?

Seems to work fine in Glasgow every time there's a big game on :agree:. As for Haymarket, same goes. Have one line queuing down Haymarket Terrace the other towards Dairy Rd. It's really not difficult and have been to loads of games when similar happens.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 08:08 PM
Seems to work fine in Glasgow every time there's a big game on :agree:. As for Haymarket, same goes. Have one line queuing down Haymarket Terrace the other towards Dairy Rd. It's really not difficult and have been to loads of games when similar happens.

Really ?? Which games? Never seen that at haymarket. Rugby fans used the car park, now not possible due to team works.

trev the hat
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Pretty sure we will have trains waverly direct to kings park, and THEM will depart from slateford direct to mt florida.
That was my understanding anyway.

DH1875
08-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Really ?? Which games? Never seen that at haymarket. Rugby fans used the car park, now not possible due to team works.

Wasn't talking about Haymarket to be fair. They do it for all the big games at hampden, even Scotland games. If your heading back to Edinburgh you have to queue from the North Hanover side of the station. People heading north to Inverness and Aberdeen queue from the Dundas St side. The barriers to the trains are closed and if your going for another train you need to show your ticket to a member of staff to get through. The machines are shut off. In fact it was same against the sheep at the semi. They queued one side us the other. It really is simple the way they do it.

jgl07
08-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Most of Waverley station is open. Only the platforms used for the Glasgow trains and a few other desinations are behind barriers.

HUTCHYHIBBY
08-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Lets just wait and see what gets announced, the bickering is getting nobody any further forward!

Scooter
08-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Pretty sure we will have trains waverly direct to kings park, and THEM will depart from slateford direct to mt florida.
That was my understanding anyway.

Defo not happening unless someone changes there tune

Hermit Crab
09-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Defo not happening unless someone changes there tune

Agree, not happening if there are any specials they will run to central using either Edinburgh or central men.

Hibs7
09-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Was in the station yesterday and trains not going direct to Hampden, queen st then walk to central for your train, recipe for disaster.

Green Man
09-05-2012, 07:36 AM
For the semi we got a Cross Country train from Waverley to Central, saves walking across Glasgow. Central can be avoided altogether by going Waverley - Motherwell - Newton - Kings Park, but I'm not sure what the timings are like.

MB62
10-05-2012, 08:04 AM

Got a reply frpm Scotrail saying details of trains for the final will appear on their website today 10th May.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Details up on STV site, cannae post link via my phone

Sorry for editing the post you quoted below MB62.

MB62
10-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Details up on Scotrail site, cannae post link via my phone

Been looking all morning and I can't find anything.
If anybody else finds it could they post a direct link to it please?

hibs0666
10-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Train arrangements (http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/99082-details-of-scotrail-train-services-for-scottish-cup-final-announced/)

hibs0666
10-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Doesn't seem to be much sign of segregation pre-match but winners and losers will be routed separately post-match.

DH1875
10-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Train arrangements (http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/99082-details-of-scotrail-train-services-for-scottish-cup-final-announced/)

One queue for hibs fans another for them. That's what I've been saying all along :rolleyes:.

No idea how that will work though if your not traveling back to Edinburgh and need to go back into Glasgow :dunno:.

Lungo--Drom
10-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Folks, ScotRail have now published their plans for the Cup Final day travel by rail on their website

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/cupfinal

More than 50 trains - running on the Edinburgh to Glasgow Central via Shotts line as well as Edinburgh - Glasgow via Falkirk High and Bathgate respectively - will have additional carriages.

There will also be numerous trains with extra carriages serving Mount Florida and Kings Park stations.

A queuing system will be in operation at Edinburgh Waverley and Haymarket stations, aimed at getting as many people onto trains in the quickest possible time, and supporters will be directed to the next available train (be it going to Glasgow Central or on the two routes to Glasgow Queen Street). Note: No segregation at Edinburgh / Haymarket it loooks like!

There will also be separate queues at Glasgow Central for the onward journey to Hampden - with Hibs supporters travelling on trains to Kings Park and Hearts fans going to Mount Florida.

Return travel is still to be confirmed, but the following arrangements are likely to be in place:

The winning team may be asked to travel via Airdrie/ Bathgate (entering Queen Street station via the Dundas Street entrance) Great! NOT! It takes ages going via Bathgate
The runner-up fans may be asked travel on trains via Falkirk High (entering Queen Street station via the George Square entrance and join the queuing system in place in the car park).

Please check nearer the time for confirmation of details.

An alcohol ban will be in place on:

all Edinburgh-Glasgow trains from 0900 to 1300
Glasgow Central trains to Mount Florida and Kings Park stations from noon to 1500
return services from 1700 to 2100
all Glasgow-Edinburgh services from 1700 to 2100.

Customers should purchase their tickets in advance of travel to facilitate their journey and allow more time for travel as services will be busier than usual.
Tickets can be obtained at staffed stations, ScotRail telesales on 08457 55 00 33 or from our website.
Having travelled millions of miles on trains I'd advise following this advice, don't want stuck in a queue wi' them!

Sample fares

Edinburgh to Mount Florida £14.50. It may be cheaper to purchase separate tickets from Edinburgh to Glasgow and Glasgow to Mount Florida. Tickets to Mount Florida can be used to/from Kings Park.
Glasgow to Mount Florida £2.00
Polmont to Mount Florida £12.50
Bathgate to Mount Florida £11.30
Livingston North to Mount Florida £12.70

Families can take advantage of ScotRail’s Kids Go Free ticket where up to two children can travel for free with every adult.
Please also remember to check your train times before travelling.
ScotRail ask fans to be patient during this busy time and follow the instructions of customer service staff and the British Transport Police.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm assuming the Friends ticket wont be valid on the 19th.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-05-2012, 11:20 AM
Nae daft American comedy jokes please!

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Sounds straight forward, no segregation pre match shouldnt be a problem, sensible to keep a degree of segregation after the game. Back via Airdrie/Bathgate not a problem only takes slightly longer. Alcohol ban disappointing but was always inevitable.

We are travelling througfh early so will hopefully miss the queuing system & be able to get the train we want (meeting someone else who is getting on a couple of stops after Haymkt).

jgl07
10-05-2012, 11:38 AM
Sounds straight forward, no segregation pre match shouldnt be a problem, sensible to keep a degree of segregation after the game. Back via Airdrie/Bathgate not a problem only takes slightly longer. Alcohol ban disappointing but was always inevitable.

We are travelling througfh early so will hopefully miss the queuing system & be able to get the train we want (meeting someone else who is getting on a couple of stops after Haymkt).

The whole thing is nonsense.

There are regular trains from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts that are quicker than Glasgow Queen Street Lower to Edinburgh via Airdrie/Bathgate.

I used that train in both directions for the semi-final.

LancashireHibby
10-05-2012, 11:44 AM
Having read that, I'm a little concerned about getting back to Glasgow Central in time for the last train down south at 18:40, hope summat can get sorted.

Sean1875
10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
Having read that, I'm a little concerned about getting back to Glasgow Central in time for the last train down south at 18:40, hope summat can get sorted.

Worst comes to the worst, just head back to Leith for a party and leave the next day :partyhibb

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2012, 11:52 AM
The whole thing is nonsense.

There are regular trains from Glasgow Central to Edinburgh via Shotts that are quicker than Glasgow Queen Street Lower to Edinburgh via Airdrie/Bathgate.

I used that train in both directions for the semi-final.

Quickest via Shotts is 1hr 6, via Airdrie/Bathgate is 1 hr 5.

LancashireHibby
10-05-2012, 11:53 AM
Worst comes to the worst, just head back to Leith for a party and leave the next day :partyhibb
That's actually much more of a potential option than it was when I booked my train tickets!

JimBHibees
10-05-2012, 11:59 AM

Especially when it goes to pens. :greengrin

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Even if it goes to penalties, finishing c.17.30 you'd have time to see the trophy raised aloft before brisk walk back to Central for 18.40.

JimBHibees
10-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Even if it goes to penalties, finishing c.17.30 you'd have time to see the trophy raised aloft before brisk walk back to Central for 18.40.

No way would the game be finished by 5.30 if it went to pens. Normal game would finish probably 5 to 5. ET would start about 5 and finish after 5.30. By the time Mark Brown had saved 2 pens :greengrin and we lift the cup etc would be nearer 5.50 IMO.

Nakedmanoncrack
10-05-2012, 05:06 PM
No way would the game be finished by 5.30 if it went to pens. Normal game would finish probably 5 to 5. ET would start about 5 and finish after 5.30. By the time Mark Brown had saved 2 pens :greengrin and we lift the cup etc would be nearer 5.50 IMO.

Probably right, can still walk to Central in less than an hour though.

down-the-slope
10-05-2012, 05:45 PM
:confused: that sounds clever....particularly on way back

hibee
10-05-2012, 05:47 PM
I was going to start a new thread about this but thought it would get merged into this one so hopefully everyone will see this!

There is a way to get an adult return to King's Park on cup final day for £4.50 by buying via http://www.redspottedhanky.com/thesun.

I'm not going to try and explain exactly how to do it here as it's all on their site but basically you either register or login and add the code 'SunNorthWest' to your account and they will credit your account with £10 within 72 hours which you can then use to purchase your tickets.

Be quick though as it's only the first 10,000 people to use the code that will get the £10!

hibee
10-05-2012, 05:49 PM

It is segregated on the way back, see here:

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235769-Trains-to-Hampden-%28merged%29&p=3219182&viewfull=1#post3219182

Mikey
10-05-2012, 05:49 PM

They'll be on earlier trains :wink:

Saorsa
10-05-2012, 05:53 PM
They'll be on earlier trains :wink::agree:

eebsie
12-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Whats the story with trains? Are they splitting between Waverley and Haymarket to keep supporters separate? How busy are they likely to be? Need to be at Hampden for 1 pm to take full advantage of the Silver Lounge ;-)

Nakedmanoncrack
12-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Whats the story with trains? Are they splitting between Waverley and Haymarket to keep supporters separate? How busy are they likely to be? Need to be at Hampden for 1 pm to take full advantage of the Silver Lounge ;-)

http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/99082-details-of-scotrail-train-services-for-scottish-cup-final-announced/

DH1875
12-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Does that mean our trains will be going back direct from Kings Park to Edinburgh? Hope I don't get on the wrong train as I'm heading back into Glasgow :greengrin.

Also, the trains going back could be a bit of a problem. They will have at least a half hour start on us so whats to stop them waiting at Haymarket or Waverley to congratulate us :confused:.

madabouthibs
13-05-2012, 07:04 PM
I was gonna book tickets for the train, Waverley to Kings Park return, but do I need to buy for a specific time, or can I just buy any ticket for any time and get on any train at a time not specific to my ticket?
I notice some of these trains go to Glasgow Queen Street, and mean I'd have to walk to Central...... sounds fun! :confused:

DH1875
13-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I was gonna book tickets for the train, Waverley to Kings Park return, but do I need to buy for a specific time, or can I just buy any ticket for any time and get on any train at a time not specific to my ticket?
I notice some of these trains go to Glasgow Queen Street, and mean I'd have to walk to Central...... sounds fun! :confused:

Dude, it's like a 5 minute walk at worst :confused:.

madabouthibs
13-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Is it? Oh well, that I can manage...... :greengrin

I kinda wasn't too bothered about that though, more about the faffing about on the website with train times etc...... I've never booked a train before you see. :wink:

DH1875
13-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Is it? Oh well, that I can manage...... :greengrin

I kinda wasn't too bothered about that though, more about the faffing about on the website with train times etc...... I've never booked a train before you see. :wink:

It depends which type of ticket you get but you should be fine as think your to late for any such deals. Just buy a cheap day return to Kings Park and you can get any train. Going to the semi we didn't even need to show our tickets going to Kings Park or back from Central. They just had the gates/barriers open and let everyone through.

green glory
15-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Finally sorted for tickets. Re trains on Saturday, how are people finding the arrangements? Was hoping to turn up at the Waverley on Saturday morning and just buy a ticket, anyone else doing that, or buying in advance?

Green Man
15-05-2012, 10:29 AM
You'll probably save a fair bit of time if you can buy your ticket in advance, I'd imagine the queues for tickets will be long.

IanM
15-05-2012, 11:34 AM
We're planning on getting the half 9 train through but to queen street - stay away from the riff raff :na na: get the tickets on the day though

HibeeHendo
15-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Any idea how much a return ticket to Glasgow from Edinburgh is?

madabouthibs
15-05-2012, 06:26 PM
£14.50, if you have an under 16 they go free with any paying adult.
I bought mine online via crosscountrytrains and collected them tonight from the ticket machine in Uphall station. You can collect tickets from anywhere that has a ticket machine. I reckon the queue for train tickets could be a bit hectic on Saturday. You can buy a ticket online, collect from any ticket machine in any station beforehand and just turn up and join the queue. Easy. :greengrin

HibeeHendo
15-05-2012, 06:28 PM
I bought mine online via crosscountrytrains and collected them tonight from the ticket machine in Uphall station. You can collect tickets from anywhere that has a ticket machine. I reckon the queue for train tickets could be a bit hectic on Saturday. You can buy a ticket online, collect from any ticket machine in any station beforehand and just turn up and join the queue. Easy. :greengrin

Thanks for the info mate! Just wish Saturday was tomorrow!

Hibs7
15-05-2012, 06:31 PM

£16 open day return, jump on any train.

yeezus.
15-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Does that mean our trains will be going back direct from Kings Park to Edinburgh? Hope I don't get on the wrong train as I'm heading back into Glasgow :greengrin.

Also, the trains going back could be a bit of a problem. They will have at least a half hour start on us so whats to stop them waiting at Haymarket or Waverley to congratulate us :confused:.

I'm also needing to get back to Glasgow after the game ... have you bought a ticket for Kings Park on Saturday???

DH1875
15-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm also needing to get back to Glasgow after the game ... have you bought a ticket for Kings Park on Saturday???

Will get my ticket on the train on the way into Glasgow. Get off at Queen St and then a pint before hitting central and getting train up to Kings Park and a pint before kick off. Doesn't matter if you get a ticket for kings park or mount florida as no one checks them. If your only going from central it shouldn't cost you anymore than about £3 for a return.

madabouthibs
15-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Tickets for Kings Park are valid for Mt. Florida too. And VV.
I was a bit bamboozled about the train times and what have you, but at the bottom of the booking page it states that "these tickets are valid for any permitted train on that route" or words to that effect. So even if you buy a ticket for the 1130 train, you can get the 1030 train if you wish. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
15-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Will get my ticket on the train on the way into Glasgow. Get off at Queen St and then a pint before hitting central and getting train up to Kings Park and a pint before kick off. Doesn't matter if you get a ticket for kings park or mount florida as no one checks them. If your only going from central it shouldn't cost you anymore than about £3 for a return.

Where are you boarding??
Complete rubbish, fraud and security teams will be out in force along with the plod (BTP). Not to mention the Guards on the trains that check tickets and the assisting ticket examiners out to help.

Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central ALL have automatic ticket barriers now as do some of the low level stations within Glasgow city centre, you will not get on a train at any of these stations without a valid ticket and tickets will be checked at all these stations. It also wouldn't be unusual for ticket checks to be in place at both Mt Florida and Kings Park.

Hibs07p
16-05-2012, 04:54 AM

INFO

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/scottish-cup-final-hibs-and-hearts-fans-to-travel-on-same-trains-1-2296882

Chief superintendent Ellie Bird, of British Transport Police, said fans would be allowed onto all Glasgow-bound trains leaving Edinburgh on Saturday. Fans will be segregated en route from Glasgow Central to stations near Hampden.

She said: “There will be no segregation of fans on the way to Glasgow, although there will be a queueing system at both Waverley and Haymarket, and you will need a ticket to board a train.

Hibby70
16-05-2012, 06:02 AM
Just a wee point if you are taking a kid with you. Make sure you select the 'kids go free' ticket type when buying your ticket, you'll then get an actual ticket for them too to get through the barriers.

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I'm thinking about booking my Kings Park return ticket now - and just pick it up on the day

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 01:25 PM
We're planning on getting the half 9 train through but to queen street - stay away from the riff raff :na na: get the tickets on the day though

You are the Riff Raff son:greengrin

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Didnt know you could do that... Cheers:aok:

jgl07
16-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Where are you boarding??
Complete rubbish, fraud and security teams will be out in force along with the plod (BTP). Not to mention the Guards on the trains that check tickets and the assisting ticket examiners out to help.

Edinburgh Waverley, Haymarket, Glasgow Queen Street, Glasgow Central ALL have automatic ticket barriers now as do some of the low level stations within Glasgow city centre, you will not get on a train at any of these stations without a valid ticket and tickets will be checked at all these stations. It also wouldn't be unusual for ticket checks to be in place at both Mt Florida and Kings Park.

Glasgow Central does not have universal ticket barriers, only on certain platforms. There was none of the guff you described for the semi-final. There was a queuing system at Central but no ticket checks on the train or a King's Park.

They are hardly going to blow a gasket at someone using a Mount Florida ticket to/from Kings Park especially as this is on instruction of the police.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Glasgow Central does not have universal ticket barriers, only on certain platforms. There was none of the guff you described for the semi-final. There was a queuing system at Central but no ticket checks on the train or a King's Park.

They are hardly going to blow a gasket at someone using a Mount Florida ticket to/from Kings Park especially as this is on instruction of the police.

Only platforms 1+2 at central are not gated. Fact.

HibbySpurs
16-05-2012, 02:47 PM

Calm down now lads:greengrin

Scotrail have confirmed that tickets for Mount Florida will be valid for travel to Kings Park & Vice-Versa:aok:

Hermit Crab
16-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Calm down now lads:greengrin

Scotrail have confirmed that tickets for Mount Florida will be valid for travel to Kings Park & Vice-Versa:aok:

Yes that's always been the case as they are group stations.

DH1875
16-05-2012, 02:56 PM
INFO

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/scottish-cup-final-hibs-and-hearts-fans-to-travel-on-same-trains-1-2296882

Chief superintendent Ellie Bird, of British Transport Police, said fans would be allowed onto all Glasgow-bound trains leaving Edinburgh on Saturday. Fans will be segregated en route from Glasgow Central to stations near Hampden.

She said: “There will be no segregation of fans on the way to Glasgow, although there will be a queueing system at both Waverley and Haymarket, and you will need a ticket to board a train.

Where are you boarding??

Hate to burst your bubbles guy's but I'm NO Getting the train from Edinburgh so I WILL BE GETTING MY TICKET ON THE TRAIN. There isn't even a ticket office at the station I'll be starting my journey from so soz guy's your wrong :giruy:.

What is it with people on here that they got to argue with people about stuff they NO **** ALL ABOUT. It might say one thing on the website but take it from someone who goes home and away to our games by train, our tickets wont be checked from Central to Kings park and back. You are right, there ARE barriers in place but just like at the semi final they will be left OPEN for the crowds to get through. It's like a cattle market as they wait for the train to pull in and then squeeze as many Hi-Bees on as possible before sending it on it's way. It doesn't stop anywhere else so no need to check the tickets.

FACT :rolleyes:.

Hermit Crab
16-05-2012, 04:01 PM
Hate to burst your bubbles guy's but I'm NO Getting the train from Edinburgh so I WILL BE GETTING MY TICKET ON THE TRAIN. There isn't even a ticket office at the station I'll be starting my journey from so soz guy's your wrong :giruy:.

What is it with people on here that they got to argue with people about stuff they NO **** ALL ABOUT. It might say one thing on the website but take it from someone who goes home and away to our games by train, our tickets wont be checked from Central to Kings park and back. You are right, there ARE barriers in place but just like at the semi final they will be left OPEN for the crowds to get through. It's like a cattle market as they wait for the train to pull in and then squeeze as many Hi-Bees on as possible before sending it on it's way. It doesn't stop anywhere else so no need to check the tickets.

What station will you be getting on at then ? Trust me I know plenty about the railway and how the **** it works. ;-)

HUTCHYHIBBY
16-05-2012, 04:18 PM

£12.10 Cheap Day Return to Glasgow

Hibs07p
16-05-2012, 04:36 PM

I think you're a blethering Cant, :giruy::giruy::giruy:
I do know quite a lot about the railway, and my ticket was checked going to and returning from Central to Hampden. You're right about people who know F*** all, I reckon you're one of them. I didn't post to argue with anyone, purely for info only, but you're the A class welt who wants to argue. Whatever floats your boat, though.

DH1875
16-05-2012, 08:26 PM
What station will you be getting on at then ? Trust me I know plenty about the railway and how the **** it works. ;-)

I'd be disappointed if you did know **** all about the railway and how it works :wink:. My point was you don't know much about the specials that run from Hampden when there's a big game on. Don't worry about what station I'll be getting on as it's the same one I get on at every week. It's not on the Edinburgh to Glasgow line and I doubt there will even be any other Hi-Bees on it

I think you're a blethering Cant, :giruy::giruy::giruy:
I do know quite a lot about the railway, and my ticket was checked going to and returning from Central to Hampden. You're right about people who know F*** all, I reckon you're one of them. I didn't post to argue with anyone, purely for info only, but you're the A class welt who wants to argue. Whatever floats your boat, though.

What are you going on about? Wasn't even arguing with you :confused:. Did you get one of the specials to/from Hampden or the normal service train? I've never be asked to show my ticket before when using the specials to and from Hampden. You should maybe read the thread because I'm not the only one to say that they didn't check tickets at the semi. At the end of the day I'm no the guy who jumped in to have ago at someone about tickets without knowing the facts. You guy's wrongly presumed I was traveling from Edinburgh and couldn't wait to jump in. Fact is I will be buying my ticket on the train so while I me be a welt, I'm a welt who was right and only defending my corner.
Anyway, sticks and stones and all that :love ya!::love ya!::love ya!:

yeezus.
16-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I've booked my open return to Kings park - I just need to pick it up on the day

Hibs07p
17-05-2012, 04:49 AM
I'd be disappointed if you did know **** all about the railway and how it works :wink:. My point was you don't know much about the specials that run from Hampden when there's a big game on. Don't worry about what station I'll be getting on as it's the same one I get on at every week. It's not on the Edinburgh to Glasgow line and I doubt there will even be any other Hi-Bees on it

What are you going on about? Wasn't even arguing with you :confused:. Did you get one of the specials to/from Hampden or the normal service train? I've never be asked to show my ticket before when using the specials to and from Hampden. You should maybe read the thread because I'm not the only one to say that they didn't check tickets at the semi. At the end of the day I'm no the guy who jumped in to have ago at someone about tickets without knowing the facts. You guy's wrongly presumed I was traveling from Edinburgh and couldn't wait to jump in. Fact is I will be buying my ticket on the train so while I me be a welt, I'm a welt who was right and only defending my corner.
Anyway, sticks and stones and all that :love ya!::love ya!::love ya!:

I realise now you weren't arguing with me, but the GIRUY was directed at me as well as the other poster though, and the red mist descended. :greengrin. You're right I did assume you were travelling from Edinburgh, but a lot of other people could have assumed the same, turned up at Edinburgh, joined a Queue, been refused access to the train, and have to then queue again to buy a ticket, before queueing again to board a train. Whether that info was relevant to you is not important, it was and is relevant to other people reading your post. As I said in my post it was INFO, and the info I posted clearly stated that it was people departing from the Edinburgh stations. You stated I was wrong, the info I provided was correct, although irrelevant to your particular journey. If you can't help fellow Hibbies, on what will be a busy day, to help ensure their journey is as stress free as possible, without getting a GIRUY from another Hibby, then I give up. I suppose my response was a bit OTT but :na na:

Come Saturday we can all :cheers::partyhibb:flag:

HH81
17-05-2012, 04:57 AM
Five pages on trains :greengrin. Edinburgh - Glasgow and then to pub. Jump in a taxi and end up in the ground. (4 of us last time and it was £2.50 each)

Simple. :aok:

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Five pages on trains :greengrin. Edinburgh - Glasgow and then to pub. Jump in a taxi and end up in the ground. (4 of us last time and it was £2.50 each)

Simple. :aok:

Very true. It's not rocket science!

DH1875
17-05-2012, 02:06 PM
I realise now you weren't arguing with me, but the GIRUY was directed at me as well as the other poster though, and the red mist descended. :greengrin. You're right I did assume you were travelling from Edinburgh, but a lot of other people could have assumed the same, turned up at Edinburgh, joined a Queue, been refused access to the train, and have to then queue again to buy a ticket, before queueing again to board a train. Whether that info was relevant to you is not important, it was and is relevant to other people reading your post. As I said in my post it was INFO, and the info I posted clearly stated that it was people departing from the Edinburgh stations. You stated I was wrong, the info I provided was correct, although irrelevant to your particular journey. If you can't help fellow Hibbies, on what will be a busy day, to help ensure their journey is as stress free as possible, without getting a GIRUY from another Hibby, then I give up. I suppose my response was a bit OTT but :na na:

Come Saturday we can all :cheers::partyhibb:flag:

You're the man :aok:.

bathhibby
18-05-2012, 07:03 AM
According to Alan Brazil the Trains for tomorrow will not be segregated
Is this right ?

down-the-slope
18-05-2012, 07:05 AM
According to Alan Brazil the Trains for tomorrow will not be segregated
Is this right ?

Correct - but are on way back

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120515/cup-final-travel_2262950_2773188

look at bottom of the page above

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-05-2012, 07:05 AM
Not from Edinburgh, only from Central - potential for bother is unlimited. They are separate coming back though.

Hibs07p
18-05-2012, 07:23 AM
I think you'll find Hibs fans will be travelling back via Airdrie and Bathgate. :wink::flag::flag::flag:

PiemanP
18-05-2012, 11:49 AM
What pubs are fellow train travellers going to in Glasgow?

I know the Iron Horse and Alfredo's are open 8am however what time are the normal boozers licensed from?

DH1875
18-05-2012, 01:04 PM
What pubs are fellow train travellers going to in Glasgow?

I know the Iron Horse and Alfredo's are open 8am however what time are the normal boozers licensed from?

There's a thread on the go saying where everyone is going :wink:.