PDA

View Full Version : Ref for final (Craig Thomson) merged

Pages : [1] 2

Hibs07p
17-04-2012, 06:58 AM
I think this is one that Calum Murray shouldn't be allowed anywhere near due to his affiliations with Hearts. This isn't a derby with only 3 points at stake, this is an historic occasion that shouldn't be reffed by a Jambo. I don't really have a preference for anyone else, but I don't want any referree that is perceived to be a Jambo. Any other referrees out there with a Jambo connection?

GGTTH

JoeT_WasTheBest
17-04-2012, 07:03 AM
Don't know of any Jambo ref's, but I reckon that Craig Thomson is a stick-on for the gig. He's our 'top ref', apparently, and didn't get either semi.

Row H
17-04-2012, 07:05 AM
I think this is one that Calum Murray shouldn't be allowed anywhere near due to his affiliations with Hearts. This isn't a derby with only 3 points at stake, this is an historic occasion that shouldn't be reffed by a Jambo. I don't really have a preference for anyone else, but I don't want any referree that is perceived to be a Jambo. Any other referrees out there with a Jambo connection?

GGTTH

I spoke to Murray's brother about this very subject last week.

The good news is that Murray isn't in the running for this as he refereed the cup final last year.

I'm not sure who would be best TBH, Dougie MacDonald to come out of retirement for one last game would get my vote!

HH81
17-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Can we have the semi-final ref as he did a decent job :agree:

Pretty Boy
17-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Can we have the semi-final ref as he did a decent job :agree:

Willie Collum.

I agree, thought he was decent enough on Saturday. What I liked was that he seemed to realise the occasion and tried to keep his cards in his pocket and have a word rather than flashing yellow cards every 2 seconds for niggles.

Something similar in the final would be useful.

scott7_0(Prague)
17-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Dont want Bill Crombie and would take Howard Webb. Thats all.

Mikey
17-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Expect it to be Scotland's EURO 2012 team..............

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1962&newsCategoryID=2&newsID=9566

Hibs07p
17-04-2012, 07:52 AM

The good news is that Murray isn't in the running for this as he refereed the cup final last year.

I'm not sure who would be best TBH, Dougie MacDonald to come out of retirement for one last game would get my vote!

Great news IMO

GGTTH

Woody70x2
17-04-2012, 08:31 AM

How is Fergus doing nowadays?

Saorsa
17-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Nae ****in' yams, if it is it'll be a ****in' disgrace

Malthibby
17-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Has Deek got his refs badge?

JimBHibees
17-04-2012, 09:17 AM

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1962&newsCategoryID=2&newsID=9566

Is Craig Thomson not a yam?

MassHibsteria
17-04-2012, 09:20 AM
Don't know of any Jambo ref's, but I reckon that Craig Thomson is a stick-on for the gig. He's our 'top ref', apparently, and didn't get either semi.

Decent shout.

17-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Thought Collum had a decent game in the semi-final, didn't throw about cards right, left and centre like most do. Did think he stopped the game to many times though for silly things and sometimes didn't let the game flow but other than that he did well. Wouldn't mind him taking charge of the final. Best of a bad bunch i suppose.

Hibercelona
17-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Someone who is very anonymous.

We don't want a ref who is going to stop the game for petty things every 10 seconds of the match, it doesn't suite us and Hearts players would just hack left right and centre to prevent us from playing.

A ref that knows how the advantage rule works would be preferable as well. No doubt we'll get through on goal at some point and it'll be pulled back for some "intent" challenge.

Argylehibby
17-04-2012, 11:19 AM

Pretty sure he is but only based on previous comments on here.

LeithBoozy
17-04-2012, 11:22 AM
They should give it to, Patrick shauacy O'Neil or Mr Gordon of Tayport. He did a no bad job in the 0-7 match.

Hibernia&Alba
17-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Willie Collum was very good in the semi. I'd like to see him do it, or, in the interests of total obectivity and fair play I'll dae it :cb

The Harp Awakes
17-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Thought Collum had a decent game in the semi-final, didn't throw about cards right, left and centre like most do. Did think he stopped the game to many times though for silly things and sometimes didn't let the game flow but other than that he did well. Wouldn't mind him taking charge of the final. Best of a bad bunch i suppose.

Yep, Willie Collum for me. He had the guts not to give Celtic that pen in the last minute of the League Cup Final. Not sure if he's the best ref we've got but he's definitely unbiased. The Cup Final ref can't have any Hibs or Hearts connections even if it was 30+ years ago as a supporter - it's too important a game for that.

I'd be as worried about Murray or Thomson refereeing the game as the Jambos would be if Dougie McDonald was still around and was the ref.

hibsbollah
17-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Must just be me, i think Collum's one of the worst refs we have.

Anyone willing to let the game flow and give us a 91st minute pen is OK with me.

MM19
17-04-2012, 11:50 AM
Hope it's no Thomson or Brines we never seem to win when they ref our games

Steven_Hibs
17-04-2012, 12:23 PM
If its Thomson then we can forget about winning the cup :rolleyes: We've never won a derby that I can remember in which he was in charge

Mikey_1875
17-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Hopefully not Brines and definetely not Murray as his yammish qualities have certainly shone through last couple of derbies he's had. Willie Collum would be fine but cant see it as he was reffin our semi and linesman in the other one. Thompson seems most likely.

Lofarl
17-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Defo not Thomson. He refereed 2 games at Tynie where he gave them everything. Yogis team were kicked off the park by Hearts thugs and the same thing happened at the first Tynie derby this year too. If its Thomson we are Donald Ducked.

AustinHibee
17-04-2012, 05:22 PM
If it's Thomson we're wasting our time turning up.

Hibs07p
22-04-2012, 05:22 PM

After today I hope not.

As above

Possibly

Decent shout.

F***ing hope not

Pretty sure he is but only based on previous comments on here.

Probably

Yep, Willie Collum for me. He had the guts not to give Celtic that pen in the last minute of the League Cup Final. Not sure if he's the best ref we've got but he's definitely unbiased. The Cup Final ref can't have any Hibs or Hearts connections even if it was 30+ years ago as a supporter - it's too important a game for that.

I'd be as worried about Murray or Thomson refereeing the game as the Jambos would be if Dougie McDonald was still around and was the ref.

Be very worried.

Hope it's no Thomson or Brines we never seem to win when they ref our games

I can see a pattern here.

If its Thomson then we can forget about winning the cup :rolleyes: We've never won a derby that I can remember in which he was in charge

Aw well, there's always next year.

Hopefully not Brines and definetely not Murray as his yammish qualities have certainly shone through last couple of derbies he's had. Willie Collum would be fine but cant see it as he was reffin our semi and linesman in the other one. Thompson seems most likely.

F***ing hope not.

Defo not Thomson. He refereed 2 games at Tynie where he gave them everything. Yogis team were kicked off the park by Hearts thugs and the same thing happened at the first Tynie derby this year too. If its Thomson we are Donald Ducked.

I think we could be Donald Ducked.

There could be a lot of empty seats on the 19th.

I hadn't heard about Craig Thomson being a Jambo, but if he is, he shouldn't be anywhere near Hampden on Cup Final Day.

GGTTH

BEEJ
22-04-2012, 07:26 PM
:agree:

Dont want Bill Crombie and would take Howard Webb. Thats all.
One of the top refs from England would get my vote. At least there would be no suspicion of bias due to former team allegiances.

Sadly, not a chance of it happening though. :rolleyes:

smurf
22-04-2012, 07:31 PM
I think a bit of public pressure needs aired to pre empt any Thomson appointment. At the least his performance will be under more scrutiny. On the basis of today (for us and Killie) he's a very incompetent refereee and if he's supposedly the best we've got..

skipster7
22-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Someone who is very anonymous.

We don't want a ref who is going to stop the game for petty things every 10 seconds of the match, it doesn't suite us and Hearts players would just hack left right and centre to prevent us from playing.

A ref that knows how the advantage rule works would be preferable as well. No doubt we'll get through on goal at some point and it'll be pulled back for some "intent" challenge.
this was probably relevant with our team about 5 years ago but not now imo,dont think id mind a stop start scrappy game because they simply have better players, although hertz showed in the semi that doesn't mean they'll win:agree:

greenginger
25-04-2012, 02:37 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17842936

I thought there was no chance of it being Craig Thomson as he was reffing the last Old Firm game.

Now he has called off for that one is he back in the mix.

I would'nt be happy with Thomson as 4th Official.

Wotherspiniesta
25-04-2012, 02:45 PM
Absolute stick on for the final now then. :rolleyes:

Normally I don't see the use in our players or managers talking down referee's performances but in this case I think it's fully justified.

Thomson is a cheat and should not be allowed to manage this match. We should kick up as much fuss about this as possible IMO.

greenginger
25-04-2012, 03:17 PM
i did a bit of checking on Craig Thomson , definitely born in Paisley also worked for an Edinburgh firm of solicitors, McClay Murray and Spens up until 4 years ago when he went full-time refereeing.

Can't say for sure he has any Jambo affiliations but if he has we better get them publicised before any appointment is made.

Anyone know somebody who worked for or with said Solicitors ?

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2012, 03:20 PM
I've heard that the Cup Final ref will be someone we won't be happy with...

JimBHibees
25-04-2012, 03:22 PM
I've heard that the Cup Final ref will be someone we won't be happy with...

Any chance of narrowing it down? :greengrin

EH6 Hibby
25-04-2012, 03:22 PM
i did a bit of checking on Craig Thomson , definitely born in Paisley also worked for an Edinburgh firm of solicitors, McClay Murray and Spens up until 4 years ago when he went full-time refereeing.

Can't say for sure he has any Jambo affiliations but if he has we better get them publicised before any appointment is made.

Anyone know somebody who worked for or with said Solicitors ?

I worked there as an office junior for 3 years, but I left in 1999. He didn't work there then though.

Danderhall Hibs
25-04-2012, 03:25 PM
Any chance of narrowing it down? :greengrin

Nah - he (or she) is on the SFA Grade One list though. :wink:

SouthMoroccoStu
25-04-2012, 03:43 PM
If it is Craig Thompson - WE HAVE TO RAISE A COMPLAINT!

I don't want to sound like a celtc fan but thios guys HATES Hibs and IS a jambo

A bad combination for a ref in this cup final

I feel a massive rant coming on if this happens :grr:

heretoday
25-04-2012, 03:47 PM
Stop slagging him off! Craig Thomson is a wonderful guy. I'm sending him a bunch of flowers.

green glory
25-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves. He hasn't been announced for the final.

Mikey
25-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Getting a bit ahead of ourselves. He hasn't been announced for the final.

Yet :greengrin

Can't see it being anyone else.

I'm not convinced about the Jambo tag though. Greenginger's probably close to the mark and he could be linked to St Mirren more readily.

Bostonhibby
25-04-2012, 04:02 PM
Yet :greengrin

Can't see it being anyone else.

I'm not convinced about the Jambo tag though. Greenginger's probably close to the mark and he could be linked to St Mirren more readily.

:confused: On another thread I think someone was able to name the Yam supporters bus he used to travel on - Rainbow Inn?

Mikey
25-04-2012, 04:03 PM
:confused: On another thread I think someone was able to name the Yam supporters bus he used to travel on - Rainbow Inn?

I could give you the name of the guy who faked the moon landings in the late 60's and early 70's if you want :greengrin

sauzee's fan
25-04-2012, 04:08 PM
this argument comes up all the time.

he was a season ticket holder at the pink bus shelter when he was younger. FACT.

no way can the SFA be so stupid to appoint a ref who clearly favours one of the teams on such a big occasion, if they do it will be nothing short of an absolute disgrace :grr:

Bostonhibby
25-04-2012, 04:12 PM
I could give you the name of the guy who faked the moon landings in the late 60's and early 70's if you want :greengrin

WTF? There's a moon?!!!!!!! I want proof :greengrin
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?234195-Craig-Thomson-the-cheat&p=3192463&viewfull=1#post3192463 post no.31

Mikey
25-04-2012, 04:18 PM
WTF? There's a moon?!!!!!!! I want proof :greengrin

That easy. He used to manage Hibs and told us all to go to the cinema :cb

Hibs7
25-04-2012, 04:21 PM
It doesn't matter who he supports his record in charge of Hibs games should be seriously looked at, there are too many instances where he has got decisions wrong against Hibs for it to be chance or incompetence.
If he does get the slot we should bombard the SFA with complaints stating facts, Aberdeen penalty, Griffiths booking V Kilmarnock, the no.of bookings against Hibs players thanks to him this season compared to our opponents. Plus anything else anyone can think of.

Saorsa
25-04-2012, 04:21 PM
That easy. He used to manage Hibs and told us all to go to the cinema :cbhttp://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/moonface.jpg

bingo70
25-04-2012, 04:32 PM
He's pish but there's no conspiracy against us, if he's the ref then he's the ref we'll just need to get on with it.

All this digging up his previous employment history and the like is a bit much imo.

FWIW its not actually his decisions that annoy me as more often than not despite shouts from the stand the ref is normally actually right and we're wrong its the way he refs games that wind me up, always slowing the game down, needless bookings and an ability to wind players up rather than calm down situations.

That said though I absolutely believe he's not biased or got it in for us.

PaulSmith
25-04-2012, 04:32 PM
We're in real danger here of losing focus on what is important and that's his Hibs play on the day. Start believing anything else and it plays with your mind.
As for some of the FACTS on here, well they are in capitals I suppose so are true!?

Here's a FACT, Callum Murray, who was, and prob still is a hearts fan, has twice been proved wrong in not sending off Ian Murray and Graham Stack in previous derbies. Why would that be if he wants Hearts to win? Probably to do with the fact in fact he has a split second to make a decision and who he once followed doesn't even enter his head.
Keep the paranoia away! :)

Mikey
25-04-2012, 04:35 PM
He's pish but there's no conspiracy against us, if he's the ref then he's the ref we'll just need to get on with it.

We're in real danger here of losing focus on what is important and that's his Hibs play on the day. Start believing anything else and it plays with your mind.

:agree:

JimBHibees
26-04-2012, 08:42 AM
As for some of the FACTS on here, well they are in capitals I suppose so are true!?

Here's a FACT, Callum Murray, who was, and prob still is a hearts fan, has twice been proved wrong in not sending off Ian Murray and Graham Stack in previous derbies. Why would that be if he wants Hearts to win? Probably to do with the fact in fact he has a split second to make a decision and who he once followed doesn't even enter his head.

Graham Stack no chance that was red the ball was not being caught by the attacker. How about the McGowan red card which was a fact as he got punished retrospectively and IMO would have changed the game big time. The stonewall handball pen for Hibs at the shelter when we lost 1-0. Murray has given us nothing in derbies so lets not try and make out he has.

happiehibbie
26-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Guys calm down the final is in our hands and our hands only We must not let silly things get in the way I belive this is our time David Blunket could be the ref i would not care The SFA and the world will be watching this game the REF has to get it as right as he can or he will be bombed out simple

We need out team to be on top form play with there heads and hearts on there sleaves leave nothing left in there body that could win us the cup we put the ball in the net more than hearts we win the cup GGTH

PS dougie mcdonald was a Hibs man did he do us any favours,

mcfly
08-05-2012, 10:09 AM
Who is it or when is it announced?

Togs91
08-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Lets just hope it isnt scotlands 'number one' jambo!

Hibs07p
08-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Craig Thomsons not had a game for a few weeks, I'm fearing the worst.

Part/Time Supporter
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Craig Thomsons not had a game for a few weeks, I'm fearing the worst.

Would that not be connected to the "family reasons" he cited for pulling out of the last OF game?

Could be he doesn't want a well-publicised screw-up in advance of the Euros.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Hope we get the same one as last night. He was sooooperrrbbb.

danhibees1875
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Hope we get the same one as last night. He was sooooperrrbbb.

This.

mcfly
08-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Craig thomson is the ref for final!!!!

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Source?

If this is right then Hibs must protest to the hilt!

F****n unbelievable if true

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 01:25 PM

Is that official or just your thoughts?

Craig Thomson is a Jambo who hates Hibs. Surely he is the one ref who can't b ein the running - so yeah he will no doubt get the gig. :fuming:

mcfly
08-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Sfa website.

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Yup its Thomson.

How is that allowed? Joke SFA. :rolleyes:

TamHibs
08-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Where about on the SFA website? Can only seem to find out that Thomson was appointed ref for the Europa League semi

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cpebuz

Cabbage East
08-05-2012, 01:40 PM
It's true.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm?page=2061

Pdf at the bottom.

Steven_Hibs
08-05-2012, 01:42 PM
What a joke, how is this even allowed?

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/14.SC11-12%20%28F%2019%20May%29.pdf

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Where about on the SFA website? Can only seem to find out that Thomson was appointed ref for the Europa League semi

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?cpebuz

Yes it's there under the Scottish Cup

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 01:44 PM
That's just wrong!

We all knew this would happen - he supports Hearts so how can he be allowed to referee this fixture?

Anyone know the email address so we can complain (not that it will do any good!)?

blackpoolhibs
08-05-2012, 01:45 PM
What a ****in joke.

scoopyboy
08-05-2012, 01:45 PM
We will just have to get on with it.

With such a high profile game he won't want to be anything other than neutral before the European Championships.

matty_f
08-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Worst. News. Ever. :bitchy:

Sergey
08-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Who is it or when is it announced?

Sfa website.

Why on earth did you start a spurious thread asking a question when you allege to know the answer?

There's also nothing on the SFA website, as I've just spent the last 5 minutes of my life looking.

Edit:

Here's a link to the referee's news page and I don't see a Cup Final announcement

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=1962

Edit/Edit: Just viewed link below!

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Why on earth did you start a spurious thread asking a question when you allege to know the answer?

There's also nothing on the SFA website, as I've just spent the last 5 minutes of my life looking.

it's on the website under referees resources.

I know it will not achieve anything but I'm going to email my disgust to info@scottishfa.co.uk as it's the only email I can find.

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resource...9%20May%29.pdf (http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/RefereeAppointments/ScottishCup/14.SC11-12%20%28F%2019%20May%29.pdf)

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Not saying that he isn't a professional at his job, but its unfair on him as well as us that he has been appointed.

No doubt the press will jump on this so he will be under pressure to have a good game for that reason as well as the fact the Euros are around the corner.

However if your a massive supporter of either Hearts or Hibs and your asked to referee the biggest derby in history... how is it possible to not have your maroon/green tinted specs on??

I couldnt do it. For him to be put in the position is a joke by the SFA.

To appoint a fan of one of the clubs for such a big game is another embarrassment for the SFA.

Sean1875
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Ah well, was nice while it lasted :rolleyes:

Cabbage East
08-05-2012, 01:56 PM
Mass emails to the SFA?

dmc1875
08-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Mass emails to the SFA?

Emails to the press highlighting the fact, surely thats a story worth running? :confused:

green glory
08-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Is there actually any evidence he's a Yam apart from the **** decisions against us in the past?

007 Mickey Weir
08-05-2012, 02:11 PM
This is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!!! The Hearts fan that hates Hibs! He will have McPake red carded the first chance he gets.

We need to make this known.

Hibs07p
08-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I predict Hearts getting every 50/50 decision and allowed to play advantage at every opportunity and McPake getting an early booking. Hibs will get fouls, but only when we have an advantage to play on without a foul. :agree:

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I predict Hearts getting every 50/50 decision and allowed to play advantage at every opportunity and McPake getting an early booking. Hibs will get fouls, but only when we have an advantage to play on without a foul. :agree:

You know that is exactly what will happen!

matty_f
08-05-2012, 02:20 PM

:agree: Can't believe I'm going to say this, but experience of Thomson is that he'll get the ones that look like big decisions right, but give us hee-haw else. It gives the Yams carte blanche to fly into tackles but our players need to tread on egg-shells.

sauzee's fan
08-05-2012, 02:21 PM
scottish football is an utter joke, all the nonsense with the huns and now this! hgow can you have a ref who supports one of the teams in a derby final??????? if there is and will be diodgy desicions that affect the outcome that will it for me, still actually cant believe this!!:grr:

smurf
08-05-2012, 02:23 PM
That the Merricks on Keekback are celebrating as if they've gone 1-0 up says it all.

What a joke. A known Hearts fan refereeing an all Edinburgh Cup Final.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:24 PM
We will not win the cup. Thomson hates us with every bone in his body and will make it his mission in life to make sure we lose at all costs. There can be no hope of any justice because his corrupt masters put him there in the first place after the damage he has done us already.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Did everyone write in outrage to the SFL when Dougie McDonald was appointed for the 2007 CIS Cup Final?

The referee will make hee-haw difference to us horsing them.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 02:26 PM
We will not win the cup.

That's the spirit.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:28 PM
We will not be allowed

RoxburghHibs
Did everyone write in outrage to the SFL when Dougie McDonald was appointed for the 2007 CIS Cup Final?

No but neither did we when Callum Murray got the League Cup QF at Easter Road.

The difference being Murray is a decent/fair ref when he takes chanrge of Hibernian matches. Im my experience CT is not.

IFONLY
We will not win the cup. Thomson hates us with every bone in his body and will make it his mission in life to make sure we lose at all costs. There can be no hope of any justice because his corrupt masters put him there in the first place after the damage he has done us already.

And you know that how???? The game will be shown on national T.V. with a massive audience, do you really think that he will give them every decision. I think that you are suffering from delusion.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
No but neither did we when Callum Murray got the League Cup QF at Easter Road.

The difference being Murray is a decent/fair ref when he takes chanrge of Hibernian matches. Im my experience CT is not.

With respect, nonsense. He's the 'top' ref in Scotland. Being blatantly biased in the main national cup final would put all his high-profile games and wee UEFA/FIFA trips in jeopardy.

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 02:33 PM
With respect, nonsense. He's the 'top' ref in Scotland. Being blatantly biased in the main national cup final would put all his high-profile games and wee UEFA/FIFA trips in jeopardy.

With respect my comment was NOT nonsense. You said that we didn't complain when DM was the LC Final ref. True we did not. We also did not complain when CM was in charge of the Derby QF.

Not nonsense.

He will not be blatantly biased - he never is.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:35 PM
And you know that how???? The game will be shown on national T.V. with a massive audience, do you really think that he will give them every decision. I think that you are suffering from delusion.

I know it from seeing him cheat us on every occasion he can, even out normally quite and new in the job manager has alluded to it.
I've seen him cheat us enough times to bring out a highlights DVD, if that makes me deluded so be it but I look forward to you praising him after robbing us in the biggest game in living memory.

Golden Bear
08-05-2012, 02:36 PM
The last game he was in charge at ER my mate predicted that he would book a key Hibs player in the first ten minutes as he had a previous history of doing so. Subsequent events proved him right and it was Leigh Griffiths who was booked on this occasion.

The Sea-gull
08-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Genuine question here, please can people post examples of bad decisions CT has made when refereeing Hibs particularly v Hearts?

I'm not saying he doesn't hate us and love them but can't think of anything that evidences this

IFONLY
08-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I know it from seeing him cheat us on every occasion he can, even out normally quite and new in the job manager has alluded to it.
I've seen him cheat us enough times to bring out a highlights DVD, if that makes me deluded so be it but I look forward to you praising him after robbing us in the biggest game in living memory.

Think you should take a tablet and lie in a darkened room for a while.

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-05-2012, 02:38 PM

Don't agree, top refs in England have made howlers this season and still get top Euro games, they stick like flies roond a tom kite when it comes to criticism, it won't matter to him whether he screws up or not he won't get his status downgraded.

We MUST protest to the board, the press and the SFA about this.

:grr:

IFONLY
08-05-2012, 02:39 PM

And your evidence will be factually correct and not just your view. If so then I will believe what you are saying.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
I think that Hibs should take any cup final tickets off anyone who has us beat before we even ****ing get there.

RoxburghHibs
08-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Genuine question here, please can people post examples of bad decisions CT has made when refereeing Hibs particularly v Hearts?

I'm not saying he doesn't hate us and love them but can't think of anything that evidences this

He generally gets the big decisions correct (one that stands out is the pen against Killie). However the penalty away to Aberdeen and the booking of LG at home to Killie recently are two he got wrong that stand out.

The problem for me is he gives a lot off small decisions against us. I understand the point that this is a major final so all eyes will be on him. True and I hope it does the trick!

The Cups in the bag regardless but this will jsut make it a little harder :)

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Think you should take a tablet and lie in a darkened room for a while.

You better give the same advice to Pat Fenlon too then. And those at Pittodrie this year. And the Kilmarnock game. And the Cup Semi in 2007.
If you think he's good enough to do the job you must be remarkably crap at yours.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I think that Hibs should take any cup final tickets off anyone who has us beat before we even ****ing get there.

Or the ones they put up with the incompetent cheats who could cost us in the biggest game since at least the 50s.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Or the ones they put up with the incompetent cheats who could cost us in the biggest game since at least the 50s.

My four year old panics less when his ball goes over the fence than you are right now.

marinello59
08-05-2012, 02:47 PM

:faf::faf::faf:
Carlsberg don't make panic merchants but if they did.............................

IFONLY
You better give the same advice to Pat Fenlon too then. And those at Pittodrie this year. And the Kilmarnock game. And the Cup Semi in 2007.
If you think he's good enough to do the job you must be remarkably crapbat yours.

Where did I say that he was good enough? I am just overwhelmed at your paranoia. You are having the funeral without a corpse. If and that is a big if he does what you say he will do then you may have reasons for your suggestions that he will be/was biased. Let me put a question to you "do you have evidence on all the refs in Scotland as I would presume that they all have an interest in football and more than likely support a team"

pentlando
Alternatively he may be so concerned about coming over biased that Hearts don't get the 50/50 decisions. In the Albert Kidd game in 86, did Hearts not have a stonewall penalty turned away by a known Hearts supporting ref for the same reasons?? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. :flag:

SteveHFC
****ing joke

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2012, 02:48 PM
He can't stop us scoring.

But that's a ****ing terrible decision.

givescotlandfreedom
My four year old panics less when his ball goes over the fence than you are right now.

Stunning

derekHFC
It didnt do them any good having Bill Crombie referee that match in 1986, so maybe its an omen :pfgwa:

IFONLY
08-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Alternatively he may be so concerned about coming over biased that Hearts don't get the 50/50 decisions. In the Albert Kidd game in 86, did Hearts not have a stonewall penalty turned away by a known Hearts supporting ref for the same reasons?? Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. :flag:

You are correct Mr. Crombie a Hearts season ticket holder who stayed in Sighthill.

RoxburghHibs

Yes good point!

it's in the bag guys!!!! :greengrin

green.oracle

With respect the man is a complete incompetent but in particular, he is biased against Hibs. Nobody can make that many decisions over the years against Hibs without being biased.

Some high profile decisions against Hibs;

1) - Scottish cup semi final replay 2007. No penalty for blatant push on Dean Shiels 10 mins from end. Dunfermline's joke penalty one minute from end.

2) - Scottish cup tie vs them on 11/1/09. Sent Fletcher off after 28 minutes for a tackle on Berra when his wimpish squeal could be heard in gorgie. The tackle barely merited a booking.

3) - Aberdeen game in December this season. He made a complete fool of himself there.

On another non-Hibs note, what about his incompetence in the Schalke europa league game? A penalty against Schalke for the Dutch player tripping himself up OUTSIDE the box, and the defender ordered off.

Despite this level of incompetence, (and dont forget all six officials were scottish which says a lot for our standard off refereeing), UEFA gave him a europa league semi final. Sort off defeats your contention it would put his UEFA/FIFA trips in jeapardy.

Having said all that, despite him, my cup is definitely still three-quarters full. If we play well, we'll beat them.

Its destiny I tell you.

Hibs for the cup:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa

Spike Mandela
08-05-2012, 02:51 PM
He won't be blatant, he's not that stupid, but any contentious call will not go our way. Penalty call for us. forget it. For them it will be a stick on. First booking will go to a Hibs player and Black's first lunge will be ignored.

This man will ruin our Cup Final experience. To my mind THE worst referee in Scotland irrespective of which team he supports. Gutted.

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 02:52 PM
i'm most likely in the minority here :greengrin i've always thought that refs that have a known 'allegiance' to a certain club/team will be pretty cautious in not to be seen as favouring his fav team :cb having said that, could the SFA not have done a little extra homework and made sure that it would be a completely neutral referee for whatever two teams were in the final :rolleyes: perhaps a few e-mails sent his way informing him that he will be under extra scrutiny :greengrin

SneakersO'Toole
08-05-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't think anyone would believe that CT would allow a Hearts goal when the player was 10yards offside.

But what he is notorious for is thinking he should be the centre of attention rather than the game itself. His arrogence knows no limits.

What worries me is IF there is a big, tight call to be made whether it be something like a penalty, offside goal or whatever. Will he have the professionalism to take a step back and think objectively and professionally rather than act on impulse which he has done countless times only to be proved wrong each time.

Time will tell.

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM
Where did I say that he was good enough? I am just overwhelmed at your paranoia. You are having the funeral without a corpse. If and that is a big if he does what you say he will do then you may have reasons for your suggestions that he will be/was biased. Let me put a question to you "do you have evidence on all the refs in Scotland as I would presume that they all have an interest in football and more than likely support a team"
your defence of him and apparent indifference to his appointment implies you think exactly that.
If he gets his chance again it will be too lIate, Thomson will ensure we lose as he always does. He shouldn't get the game that's the problem. The man is a cheat and short of him coming out and saying they he does cheat against us I can't provide evidence other than an a miraculous tendency to give decisions against us at every opportunity.

Steve20
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM
There is no doubt in my mind at all that he is biased against Hibs. We will need to be at our absolute best and also not give him any excuse to book or send off any of our players.

bawheid
08-05-2012, 02:54 PM
We're winning the final no matter who the referee is.

Diclonius
08-05-2012, 02:55 PM
In an Everton-Man Utd FA Cup semi a few years back, the referee (Mike Riley) was a known United fan and/or had made some notable decisions against Everton recently.

If I remember correctly David Moyes made a comment about this which led to Riley turning down a stonewall penalty for United, Everton eventually winning on penalties. Perhaps we should make a big deal out of this to ensure Thomson's potential cheating won't go unnoticed?

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 02:56 PM
With respect the man is a complete incompetent but in particular, he is biased against Hibs. Nobody can make that many decisions over the years against Hibs without being biased.

Some high profile decisions against Hibs;

1) - Scottish cup semi final replay 2007. No penalty for blatant push on Dean Shiels 10 mins from end. Dunfermline's joke penalty one minute from end.

2) - Scottish cup tie vs them on 11/1/09. Sent Fletcher off after 28 minutes for a tackle on Berra when his wimpish squeal could be heard in gorgie. The tackle barely merited a booking.

3) - Aberdeen game in December this season. He made a complete fool of himself there.

On another non-Hibs note, what about his incompetence in the Schalke europa league game? A penalty against Schalke for the Dutch player tripping himself up OUTSIDE the box, and the defender ordered off.

Despite this level of incompetence, (and dont forget all six officials were scottish which says a lot for our standard off refereeing), UEFA gave him a europa league semi final. Sort off defeats your contention it would put his UEFA/FIFA trips in jeapardy.

Having said all that, despite him, my cup is definitely still three-quarters full. If we play well, we'll beat them.

Its destiny I tell you.

Hibs for the cup:thumbsup::thumbsup::flag::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa

good points :agree: e-mail the grunt and tell him we will be watching, very closely :greengrin

QMU-1875
08-05-2012, 02:59 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/heart-of-midlothian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_43_149.html

dutchhibby
08-05-2012, 03:02 PM
he might do the total opposite of what we think to try prove hes not one of them :greengrin

1875godsgift
08-05-2012, 03:03 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/heart-of-midlothian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_43_149.html

Yellow cards Hibs 14 them 7

Red cards Hibs 1 them 0

Hmmmmm......:cb

QMU-1875
08-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Regardless of this incompetent twat refereeing the final we will win the cup. We will be better than them and there will be nothing that lanky streak of **** can do about it! GGTTH!
:aok::hibees

pentlando
08-05-2012, 03:06 PM

One penalty given to Hearts over all those matches, but quite a few red cards to their opponents.

Saorsa
08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Worst. News. Ever. :bitchy::agree: what a ****in' disgrace :bitchy:

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2012, 03:12 PM
he's a jambo ****

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#Life_outside_football

Diclonius
08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
he's a jambo ****

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_(referee)#Life_outside_football (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Thomson_%28referee%29#Life_outside_football)

That was just edited in - without a reference - four minutes ago. :rolleyes:

bighairyfaeleith
08-05-2012, 03:14 PM
That was just edited in - without a reference - four minutes ago. :rolleyes:

Really:greengrin

kaimendhibs
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I cant stand Craig Thomson and have been sure he is anti Hibs since Dunfermline semi final. Some of his high profile "mistakes" have been pointed out, as recently as last game at swynie he ignored a blatant two handed shove in o donovans back. Hibs will have to be very careful not to brush past thier players within 30 yards of our box.

Cant believe the SFA are giving him the game, how much worse can our game get.

Away for a lie down

The Green Goblin
08-05-2012, 03:16 PM
None of the posts on the thread actually contain the one thing which matters: hard evidence. We have all seen enough to know that there are reasonable suspicions, but the only thing which is going to make a case against this appointment for us is a photocopy of the man´s old season ticket or registration on that Hearts bus someone mentioned. Unless we present something like that to the club or SFA or Media to back up our complaint, it will be ignored.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Can honestly not beileve how lightly everyone is taking this.

Have any of you watched him ref us this season? Every call will go hearts way.

Something must be done, we have to protest

Monts
08-05-2012, 03:27 PM
All Stats for Hibs games by charlie Richmond (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149_gesamt.html)

All Hibs stats in SPL for all Refs (http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichter/verein_903.html)

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149_gesamt.html

We've not scored in 1 game he's refereed this season. Brilliant :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
08-05-2012, 03:33 PM
I cant stand Craig Thomson and have been sure he is anti Hibs since Dunfermline semi final. Some of his high profile "mistakes" have been pointed out, as recently as last game at swynie he ignored a blatant two handed shove in o donovans back. Hibs will have to be very careful not to brush past thier players within 30 yards of our box.

Cant believe the SFA are giving him the game, how much worse can our game get.

Away for a lie down

You're not lying down next to me!

Greentinted
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM
Craig Thomson is to Hearts what Howard Webb is to Manchester United.
I suppose he could do a Bill Crombie '86 though.

pentlando
08-05-2012, 03:45 PM
We've not scored in 1 game he's refereed this season. Brilliant :greengrin

And lost the last 6. Looks like we're going to have to blow a few hoodoo's out the water come May 19th:flag:

JimBHibees
08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Not a great appointment at all as honestly cant remember him giving us anything of note ever indeed his performance at ER a couple of weeks back was absolutely appalling. Wrongly booked Griffiths (of course he didnt know he was a booking from a suspension :rolleyes: ) and then proceeded to miss fouls for Hibs then completely ignore 3 or 4 excellent advantages for Hibs. Not been happy with his performances in derbies either however there is nothing we can do about this and just need to get on with it.

Lets be honest though he was always getting this game given he is going to Euro 2012.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Calm down, Calm down. That is all!!

IFONLY
08-05-2012, 03:50 PM
And lost the last 6. Looks like we're going to have to blow a few hoodoo's out the water come May 19th:flag:

Don`t think it is his fault that we did`nt win any of the 6 games or score many goals, its because we were terrible in the games. Not saying that that is what you are saying though.

allezsauzee
08-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Thomson is a complete c u next tuesday but it'll make it all the sweeter when we win.

--------
08-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Well, it looks like we now have ourselves a scapegoat. :cb

It's ALL going to be Craig Thomson's fault. Turn the final into a hate-fest at the ref.

"He hates us." "He's never given us anything." "He's going to throw the final."

:bitchy:

HibsMax
08-05-2012, 04:17 PM
This game will be watched on television by literally hundreds of fans. I think the stage is going to be too big for him to make any stupid decisions or show obvious bias. I don't see any issue with writing to whomever just to get the word out there. I like the reverse psychology idea.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Some people on this aren't taking the fact he has been appointed seriously enough. Surely if you have watched a few of the matches in which he was reffed us this season you'd realise that he genuinely does hate hibs.
As posted on the other thread, we have lost and failed to scored in 6 games he had reffed us this season, and on at least two occasions i can remember he has booked a key player in the first ten minutes.

Can as many of us as possible try and get in touch with sky, the bbc, sportsound etc, we wont get it changed but we can at least raise awareness and put him under more pressure. Even if it just gets a small radio mention.

Unfortunately i do not have the time to write e-mails etc this evening, but as many of us as possible NEED to, otherwise we WILL lose the final.

HibsMax
08-05-2012, 04:18 PM
We need another thread about this?

--------
08-05-2012, 04:23 PM
We need another thread about this?

No. We don't, Max.

The SFA will not change the appointment just because we say so, and IMO a barrage of hysterical emails to the media accusing Thomson of hating Hibs and being prejudiced enough to hand Hearts the final is going to be totally counter-productive.

Just the thing to make Thomson and all the other referees warm to us in the games to come, too.

Apart from being hilariously funny to everyone else in football and a source of deep joy and satisfaction to the entire population of Kickback.

They're like a bunch of wee lassies with a mouse loose in the room. :cb

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
No. We don't, Max.

The SFA will not change the appointment just because we say so, and IMO a barrage of hysterical emails to the media accusing Thomson of hating Hibs and being prejudiced enough to hand them the final is going to be counter-productive.

Apart from being hilariously funny to everyone else in football and a source of deep joy and satisfaction to the entire population of Kickback.

i wasn't saying we were gonna get it changed, but something has to be done.

who cares what hearts fans say?

Lofarl
08-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Good wee website that. If you look at all 6 of his games this year then it looks bad. But we have been ***** this year. Only 2 games stick out as being bad this year and that is the Aberdeen penalty and his general crappiness in the Killie game.

If you look at other years he is fairly average. Take last year, he did 5 games for us and we won 2 and lost 3. All 3 of those games we lost we deserved to.

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Some people on this aren't taking the fact he has been appointed seriously enough. Surely if you have watched a few of the matches in which he was reffed us this season you'd realise that he genuinely does hate hibs.
As posted on the other thread, we have lost and failed to scored in 6 games he had reffed us this season, and on at least two occasions i can remember he has booked a key player in the first ten minutes.

Can as many of us as possible try and get in touch with sky, the bbc, sportsound etc, we wont get it changed but we can at least raise awareness and put him under more pressure. Even if it just gets a small radio mention.

Unfortunately i do not have the time to write e-mails etc this evening, but as many of us as possible NEED to, otherwise we WILL lose the final.

Jesus god. How defeatist can you get? I'm no happy about this appointment either but there's no point heaping pressure on the guy. The SFA are not going to change their mind. He's not going to trip Sparky up before he slides the ball past McDonald. He's not going to elbow McPake in the ribs before he beats Beattie in the air for the umpteenth time and he's not going to pull back Stevenson's shirt when he goes roaring into tackles.

Makaveli
08-05-2012, 04:28 PM
No. We don't, Max.

The SFA will not change the appointment just because we say so, and IMO a barrage of hysterical emails to the media accusing Thomson of hating Hibs and being prejudiced enough to hand them the final is going to be counter-productive.

How happy they are at the appointment tells the story.

Golden Bear
08-05-2012, 04:31 PM
If Thomson's appointment has delighted those over on the dark side then that's a pretty damning indictment that Thomson is guilty as charged.

--------
08-05-2012, 04:32 PM
i wasn't saying we were gonna get it changed, but something has to be done.

who cares what hearts fans say?

"Something has to be done."

They won't change the appontment, and if CT's as biassed against us as that thread makes out, he's going to read it all the way down, smile broadly, and then do whatever it was he was going to do in the first place.

Where's the PROOF he supports Hearts?

And for folks who don't care about what Hearts fans say, we spend a heck of a lot of time and bandwith on this forum discussing exactly that.

And yelling about it.

And mocking them.

And getting all outraged.

And screaming, "Something must be DONE!!!!!!!!!!"

Step back and take a look for a minute.

Golden Bear
08-05-2012, 04:35 PM

They won't change the appontment, and if CT's as biassed against us as that thread makes out, he's going to read it all the way down, smile broadly, and then do whatever it was he was going to do in the first place.

And for folks who don't care about what Hearts fans say, we spend a heck of a lot of time and bandwith on this forum discussing exactly that.

And yelling about it.

And mocking them.

Ah but it's great to get our excuses thought out in advance -------- not that we're going to need them of course.

:rolleyes:

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM

And yelling about it.

And mocking them.

screaming? Okay :aok:

I was genuinely confident of us winning on the 19th, I had a good feeling about it and unlike many on here I backed the players and new signings to do the job. With him as the ref I honestly don't see how we can.

every 50/50 will go their way, he'll make sure hibs are unnerved by giving everything to hearts.

when griffiths is "sliding the ball past McDonald" he'll give offside. When McPake is beating Beattie in the air he'll give the foul for hearts, when stevenson makes any sort of physical challenge he'll get booked.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Jesus god. How defeatist can you get? I'm no happy about this appointment either but there's no point heaping pressure on the guy. The SFA are not going to change their mind. He's not going to trip Sparky up before he slides the ball past McDonald. He's not going to elbow McPake in the ribs before he beats Beattie in the air for the umpteenth time and he's not going to pull back Stevenson's shirt when he goes roaring into tackles.

First time i've ever been called defeatist or negative on this haha, I always back the players and the team, but fair point. Maybe I am exaggerating and not realising it.

that list you gave though, he might not be doing that, but he'll let the hearts players away with it.

Golden Bear
08-05-2012, 04:43 PM
It's a racing certainty that McPake will get booked in the first ten minutes.

Watch this space.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:44 PM

Watch this space.

I concur

snooky
08-05-2012, 04:45 PM
We've beaten 12 men before so nae sweat.
All we need to do is hit the bar and the cup's in the bag :wink:

--------
08-05-2012, 04:47 PM

I think I have it right - in 4 derbies he's issued 9 yellows and one red against us, and 12 yellows against Hearts? No penalties?

And over all those games he's awarded Hearts ONE penalty? And their opponents FOUR?

His bias towards them is obvious. :rolleyes:

PaulSmith
08-05-2012, 04:50 PM

Correct.

Some of the hysteria on here is quite frankly embarrassing.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I think I have it right - in 4 derbies he's issued 9 yellows and one red against us, and 12 yellows against Hearts? No penalties?

And over all those games he's awarded Hearts ONE penalty? And their opponents FOUR?

His bias against us is though, were you at the killie game?

I actually doubt he'll call a big game-changing decision unfairly against us, but he'll issue plenty of bookings, give every little thing their way and it'll completely unnerve out players

Barney McGrew
08-05-2012, 04:52 PM
If the eleven men in green and white do what they need to do on the 19th, we won't need to worry about who the referee is.

Cool your jets folks, we're beginning to sound like paranoid Celtc fans.

Franck Stanton
have posted this info before, but here goes again ---- Thomson is DEFINATELY a hearts fan. He lived in West Calder for a time around the corner from me, his son, also a jambo, went out with my daughter for a while.

--------
screaming? Okay :aok:

I was genuinely confident of us winning on the 19th, I had a good feeling about it and unlike many on here I backed the players and new signings to do the job. With him as the ref I honestly don't see how we can.

every 50/50 will go their way, he'll make sure hibs are unnerved by giving everything to hearts.

when griffiths is "sliding the ball past McDonald" he'll give offside. When McPake is beating Beattie in the air he'll give the foul for hearts, when stevenson makes any sort of physical challenge he'll get booked.

Away and lie down.

Close the curtains.

Put an icepack on your head.

Breathe deep breaths and close your eyes.

Put on some quiet music.

You're working yourself up over something you have no control over.

CALM DOWN.

Speedway
08-05-2012, 04:53 PM

Exactly Doddie. I see the wee Sylvias have come back angst ridden and conspiracy agenda in hand.

I particularly like, 'We haven't scored in the six games he's reffed' line. Aye that's because we were ***** in those matches. If we'd had a well onside shot on target that went past the keeper with no-one else defending the goal, what would he have done? Raced back and booted it off the line?

If we score more than Hearts in the final, it doesn't matter who the ref is. Sure they can give some decisions that give a team a helping hand but let's counter that by putting three past the yams in the first 15 minutes and then they can have all the help they want.

We're winning this cup.

degenerated
08-05-2012, 04:55 PM
If the eleven men in green and white do what they need to do on the 19th, we won't need to worry about who the referee is.

Cool your jets folks, we're beginning to sound like paranoid Celtc fans.

Whilst I agree with that it is fairly clear that Craig Thomson is a cheat

1875godsgift
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM

14 yellows and 1 red against us.

7 yellows against them.

hibsbollah
08-05-2012, 05:02 PM

:aok: i cant believe all the bleating. He cant disallow all six of our inevitable goals. 'Chillax' as the kids like to say.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Away and lie down.

Close the curtains.

Put an icepack on your head.

Breathe deep breaths and close your eyes.

Put on some quiet music.

You're working yourself up over something you have no control over.

CALM DOWN.

If he refs the final fairly and we win I'll issue you a public appology.

Matty_Jack04
08-05-2012, 05:08 PM
How did he manage to stop us scoring in 6 games though...we're prolific he must have used witchcraft

What a load of toalys the guys gonna ref it that's it take it on the chin and let him do his job

3pm
08-05-2012, 05:16 PM
We need to get OUR performance right on the day. No use worrying about him.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Oh dear how to turn a panic into a crisis, what a drama queen, calm yourself down FFS!

EuanH78
08-05-2012, 05:34 PM
I'm not worrying about it to be honest. If Hibs are going to win this cup then it doesnt matter what's against us. Just win it on the day, no complaints or excuses.

mentalhibee
08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
This is a shocking decision, hibs should protest.

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 05:38 PM
This is a shocking decision, hibs should protest.

apparently your a drama queen if you think this

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 05:41 PM
apparently your a drama queen if you think this

No only if you shout, scream and post like one!:greengrin

AlbertK86
08-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Do we have proof he supports Hearts.

If not let's put sfa on the spot and ask them directly preferably via a newspaper

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 05:56 PM
No only if you shout, scream and post like one!:greengrin

shout and scream? someone can't read tone very well.

I have posted alot and I have posted strongly because he wont referee the game fairly at all and I don't think we will win with a biased ref.

laugh and joke all you like, just remember this thread during the final when his decisions baffle you.

DarrenSQH
08-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Stupid decision, didn't pat fenlon just have a go at him?

Hibercelona
08-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Who cares if CT slows the game down and doesn't allow it to flow.

We haven't exactly been flowing at all this season anyway, but we have proven lately that we're capable of winning games without silky mouth watering football.

The players just need to relax, hold their nerves and the cup is in the bag.

carnoustiehibee
08-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Poor decision. Not because his rumoured ties with the inbreds, but simply because he's a really poor referee.

It won't be the big decisions he gets wrong, it's the little ones like throw-ins and free kicks, that will take the pressure off hearts.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 07:09 PM
According to this thread the following will go against us:

Free Kicks
Throw Ins
Any advantage when a foul against us is committed
Any 50/50 decisions
The first yellow card
Blah blah blah blah

Might as well just not bother turning up then eh!:rolleyes:

Geo_1875
08-05-2012, 07:19 PM
I will still be putting a good sized bet on Hibs winning the Scottish Cup.

However, I will be putting a saver on 3 Hibs players to get booked for standing near Ian Black.

BEEJ
08-05-2012, 07:51 PM
Unfortunately I suspect this may indeed be the pattern.

Ever since the ending to the Cup semi-final in 2007 I've never been confident of a Hibs result when CT has been the referee. And I have to say, he's rarely let me down in that assumption.

It doesn't have to be blatant. He's far too clever and subtle for that.

However the penalty away to Aberdeen and the booking of LG at home to Killie recently are two he got wrong that stand out.

The problem for me is he gives a lot off small decisions against us.
:agree: That's the one. And not being even-handed about it.

He won't be blatant, he's not that stupid, but any contentious call will not go our way. Penalty call for us. forget it. For them it will be a stick on. First booking will go to a Hibs player and Black's first lunge will be ignored.
That describes him to a tee! :agree:

Watch this space.
:agree: Him or Griffiths or Osbourne. Yellow card early on in a key final makes a player think twice or three times about tackles and commitment.

He might just leave it until about 12 minutes in this time, in case anyone is watching his refereeing performance closely.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately I suspect this may indeed be the pattern.

Ever since the ending to the Cup semi-final in 2007 I've never been confident of a Hibs result when CT has been the referee. And I have to say, he's rarely let me down in that assumption.

It doesn't have to be blatant. He's far too clever and subtle for that.

:agree: That's the one. And not being even-handed about it.

That describes him to a tee! :agree:

:agree: Him or Griffiths or Osbourne. Yellow card early on in a key final makes a player think twice or three times about tackles and commitment.

He might just leave it until about 12 minutes in this time, in case anyone is watching his refereeing performance closely.

This thread just gets better :faf:

Can I have a go:

He is travelling to Hampden on the Hearts team coach
He will be wearing a Hearts top under his ref's shirt
There is a place reserved for him on the open top bus cup parade through Gorgie
He has already written down the name of three Hibs players on his yellow card
He is in hearts hospitality at half time
He will be wearing maroon boots
He's had 1902 cut into his hair

carnoustiehibee
08-05-2012, 07:58 PM

Do you think he's a good ref?

BEEJ
08-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Glad you're amused.

Personally, given CT's previous refereeing performances I'd prefer a different referee on the 19th.

Save your ridicule for our Yam friends.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 08:01 PM
Do you think he's a good ref?

This thread is all about paranoia his loyalties and nothing to do with his ability as a ref!

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 08:02 PM
Glad you're amused.

Personally, given CT's previous refereeing performances I'd prefer a different referee on the 19th.

Back at you with save your paranoia for our OF friends.

carnoustiehibee
08-05-2012, 08:04 PM
It' is about his poor refereeing abilities. Just like to here your opinion on him that's all.

hibsbollah
08-05-2012, 08:05 PM
Glad you're amused.

Come on now BEEJ, this thread descended into paranoia some time ago. You were even predicting which minute he would wait to to book his first Hibs player! It all smacks of getting our excuses in early IMO.

We're winning this game, regardless who refs it.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 08:07 PM
It' is about his poor refereeing abilities. Just like to here your opinion on him that's all.

No read the thread it's about him being a Jambo and the mass panic and hysteria this has created!

The Green Goblin
08-05-2012, 08:08 PM
It could also be that he's just not a very good referee. But I'll say it again anyway- we can say what we like about it, but without something concrete to PROVE the allegation that he's a Hearts fan, it's pointless complaining about it.

BEEJ
08-05-2012, 08:10 PM
Come on now BEEJ, this thread descended into paranoia some time ago. You were even predicting which minute he would wait to to book his first Hibs player! It all smacks of getting our excuses in early IMO.

Sorry.

Forgot for a fleeting moment there that we're all on ultra-positive speak on here, at least until 20th May.

My mistake. lost my focus. Bad news does that sometimes.

"CT owes us a few decisions this season and I'm now supremely confident that he'll give us these on the 19th by way of an apology. And even if he doesn't - we're going to win!!!"

etc etc

Beefster
08-05-2012, 08:11 PM

Abso-****ing-lutely.

Franck Stanton
08-05-2012, 08:13 PM
I'm not worrying about it to be honest. If Hibs are going to win this cup then it doesnt matter what's against us. Just win it on the day, no complaints or excuses.

Exactly. Bring them on. :flag:
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

hibsbollah
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Sorry.

Forgot for a fleeting moment there that we're all on ultra-positive speak on here, at least until 20th May.

My mistake. lost my focus. Bad news does that sometimes.

"CT owes us a few decisions this season and I'm now supremely confident that he'll give us these on the 19th by way of an apology. And even if he doesn't - we're going to win!!!"

etc etc

:top marks

The happy clapper badge is in the post :agree:

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 08:17 PM
swallowing a bit of humble pie here (just a tiny slice though)...

a ref I know just told me on facebook that Craig Thomson is a st mirren fan and used to have a season ticket there.

that still doesnt get rid of the fact that for some reason the man despises hibs

Beefster
08-05-2012, 08:26 PM

a ref I know just told me on facebook that Craig Thomson is a st mirren fan and used to have a season ticket there.

that still doesnt get rid of the fact that for some reason the man despises hibs

Seven pages of hysteria and he's not even a Yam?!

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 08:28 PM

Many people on this have said they know that he is, so everyone just assumed.

BEEJ
08-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Does he have to be a Yam?

Or simply lacking in impartiality?

Geo_1875
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM

It's common knowledge that he is originally from Paisley and sat next to Chick Young every other week at Love Street.

ehf
08-05-2012, 08:36 PM
FFS - anyone wants six tickets for the final? I am not going to subject my family to watching us being cheated by this pr ick.

Beefster
08-05-2012, 08:42 PM
Does he have to be a Yam?

Or simply lacking in impartiality?

The vast majority of the hysteria in this thread was predicated on him being a dirty, cheating Yam bawbag.

He's useless but they all are. We're still going to win it.

Wotherspiniesta
08-05-2012, 08:43 PM
FFS - anyone wants six tickets for the final? I am not going to subject my family to watching us being cheated by this pr ick.

I'll take two. Send me a PM.

Carheenlea
08-05-2012, 08:52 PM
It's common knowledge that he is originally from Paisley and sat next to Chick Young every other week at Love Street.

A month or so back on one of the midweek Sportsound shows, Chic was on the receiving end of the usual digs about him being a fan of Rangers. Chic admitted that he did not take much interest in St Mirren until he was taken along to Love Street by his Uncle, and from then on he was hooked. Prior to that, he explained that his favourite team as a boy was not Rangers, but HEARTS!!

SouthMoroccoStu
08-05-2012, 09:02 PM
seven pages of hysteria and he's not even a yam?!

he is a f*****g jambo. This decision is a joke. Trust the sfa to make a mockery of the final

PaulSmith
08-05-2012, 09:07 PM
he is a f*****g jambo. This decision is a joke. Trust the sfa to make a mockery of the final

Can we please stop this nonsense.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 09:08 PM

:hmmm:

Fergus52
08-05-2012, 09:51 PM
:hmmm:

Can I ask you one question? Were you at the Kilmarnock At Easter road, the most recent one, in the league?

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Can I ask you one question? Were you at the Kilmarnock At Easter road, the most recent one, in the league?

Yeah of course I was, my :hmmm: was referring to wether or not he is just a piss poor referee or a jambo with an axe to grind in the eyes of some.

Minder
08-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Anyone in contact with Dougie Mac ? Have Dougie have word in his shell like.

SouthMoroccoStu
09-05-2012, 06:19 AM
Can we please stop this nonsense.

He admitted to having a hearts season ticket when he was younger in an SFA fluff piece interview years ago.

He is so bias against us it's unreal

And as someone said earlier, PF had a go at him a few weeks ago for being incompetent - another poor decision by the SFA

lucky
09-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Regardless if he is a yam or just hopeless he is the ref for the final. It's not going to change or effect the result. This is our year

PaulSmith
09-05-2012, 09:32 AM
He admitted to having a hearts season ticket when he was younger in an SFA fluff piece interview years ago.

He is so bias against us it's unreal

And as someone said earlier, PF had a go at him a few weeks ago for being incompetent - another poor decision by the SFA

Prove it.

I believe that your getting confused with Callum Murray and Craig Thomson.

That bad a reference that he's good enough to be a pro ref, head to euro 2012 and regulary take some of the highest profile games in European club competition.

degenerated
09-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Prove it.

That bad a reference that he's good enough to be a pro ref, head to euro 2012 and regulary take some of the highest profile games in European club competition.

Dont you mean make an arse of himself at the highest profile games in European club competition. I wonder what schalke think of him?
The fact he is the top referee in this country says more about the idiots that are currently officials than it does about his ability.
One only hopes he is better in his day job than he is at refereeing.

Not only is he incompetent, when it comes to officiating hibs games he is quite clearly a cheat. But that said it won't stop us winning the cup.

Lungo--Drom
09-05-2012, 10:09 AM
:agree: I have to side with you on this one. Last time I saw him at an actual match I wasn't sure if he was a good advert for SpecSavers or not as he certainly didn't seem to have been there for a pair of glasses. If it was a choice between WC and a pro-Yam ref then I'd go for Collum but it would be the best of two bads.

Must just be me, i think Collum's one of the worst refs we have.

Anyone willing to let the game flow and give us a 91st minute pen is OK with me.

QMU-1875
09-05-2012, 10:09 AM
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/hibernian-fc/schiedsrichterdetail/verein_903_149.html

We've won 6 games with him as the referee since 2005, that could be more to do with how poor we have been in recent times rather than the man being a jambo. Doest take away the fact i feel he is a terrible ref but could everyone stop panicking about this man being given the job and lets get the belief back because this really is our year and as the fans we can make this happen! Is it a coincidence that our best performance of the season was when easter road was buzzing, the fans believed we were going to hammer jeffries and that went straight through to the players. Lets make the same happen in the semi regardless of what mistakes that clown makes! :aok:

--------
09-05-2012, 10:43 AM

Exactly my thought, bollah.

this isn't about whether Craig Thomson's a good referee or a bad referee; it's about him being a CHEATING JAMBO (EXPLETIVE DELETED). Allegedly.

I have a close friend who used to referee at Grade One, now refs at Grade Two. Thomson, rightly or wrongly, has a good reputation at the SFA, is considered our top referee, and has been selected to officiate at the Euros in the summer. There isn't a snowball's chance in a very very hot place indeed that they would change this appointment, and all a thread like this does is feed people's underlying insecurity and paranoia and provide huge entertainment for any non-Hibs fans who happen to visit the site and log into the thread.

Reading it all the way through, it's hilarious.

Or it would be, if it weren't so sad.

BEEJ
09-05-2012, 11:42 AM
Exactly my thought, bollah.

this isn't about whether Craig Thomson's a good referee or a bad referee; it's about him being a CHEATING JAMBO (EXPLETIVE DELETED). Allegedly.

I have a close friend who used to referee at Grade One, now refs at Grade Two. Thomson, rightly or wrongly, has a good reputation at the SFA, is considered our top referee, and has been selected to officiate at the Euros in the summer. There isn't a snowball's chance in a very very hot place indeed that they would change this appointment, and all a thread like this does is feed people's underlying insecurity and paranoia and provide huge entertainment for any non-Hibs fans who happen to visit the site and log into the thread.

Reading it all the way through, it's hilarious.

Or it would be, if it weren't so sad.
We're all deliriously happy now with this appointment. Nothing to see here. Fabulous news.

Close the thread.

--------
09-05-2012, 11:56 AM
We're all deliriously happy now with this appointment. Nothing to see here. Fabulous news.

Close the thread.

I'm SO pleased to hear that, BEEJ.

I'm not saying he's the greatest of referees, but supposing someone says, "Hey Craig, you should see what the Hibs fans are saying about you...." and he pops onto the forum and reads some of the stuff on this thread, do you really think this is the way to persuade him to be even-handed and impartial? By calling him filthy names, as some are doing? By impugning his character - rightly or wrongly? The thread was a wind-up from the start - the OP came on to ask a question to which he already knew the answer - an answer he knew would have lots of posters on here yelling and screaming for page after page after page. Some of the posts on here are so extreme and OTT it's embarrassing.

Nobody would take a lot of what's being posted on here seriously - it's folks winding themselves up into hysterics over something they can do nothing about.

PaulSmith
09-05-2012, 12:25 PM
]Dont you mean make an arse of himself at the highest profile games in European club competition. I wonder what schalke think of him?
The fact he is the top referee in this country says more about the idiots that are currently officials than it does about his ability.
One only hopes he is better in his day job than he is at refereeing. [/B]

Not only is he incompetent, when it comes to officiating hibs games he is quite clearly a cheat. But that said it won't stop us winning the cup.

Again baseless 'facts'...well here's another one for you. UEFA threw out Schalke's protest as another camera caught the moment that the defender tripped the attacker, it was slight but enough to make him stumble and fall over. In essence Thomson got the decision correct in the eyes of the neutral UEFA committee.

So, basically all referee's across Europe are rubbish if Craig Thomson is in the Elite category. Some statement.

He doesn't have a day job, he is a full time referee with added responsibilities within the SFA.

Sean1875
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
If we want to win the Scottish Cup we shouldn't be relying on the performance of a referee to help us. Yes it might be difficult but I still believe we can do it :agree:

--------
09-05-2012, 01:08 PM
If we want to win the Scottish Cup we shouldn't be relying on the performance of a referee to help us. Yes it might be difficult but I still believe we can do it :agree:

If this thread is accurately representative of the attitude the Hibs support will bring to Hampden, and if that attitude is communicated to the players, we may as well not turn up.

It's not about getting on the back of the referee, it's about getting behind the players for 90 minutes and supporting them.

Like I said - a bunch of wee lassies with a moose loose in the room. :rolleyes:

degenerated
09-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Again baseless 'facts'...well here's another one for you. UEFA threw out Schalke's protest as another camera caught the moment that the defender tripped the attacker, it was slight but enough to make him stumble and fall over. In essence Thomson got the decision correct in the eyes of the neutral UEFA committee.

So, basically all referee's across Europe are rubbish if Craig Thomson is in the Elite category. Some statement.

He doesn't have a day job, he is a full time referee with added responsibilities within the SFA.

I think you'll find your blind defence of the indefensible has led you to start talking pish. Craig Thomson is the the legal director for F.E.S ltd.

I didn't say all refs in Europe are rubbish, I suggested that the standard of current referees in Scotland is embarrassing.

PaulSmith
09-05-2012, 03:46 PM
]I think you'll find your blind defence of the indefensible has led you to start talking pish. Craig Thomson is the the legal director for F.E.S ltd.[/B]

I didn't say all refs in Europe are rubbish, I suggested that the standard of current referees in Scotland is embarrassing.

edited, I thought he was full time...turns out its Steve McLean and Thomson only works as lawyer for 2 days a week

Golden Bear
09-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I think you'll find that he's taken a several year sabbatical from his day job and does exactly as I've said.

If that's the case, then he's living proof that "going full time" has not resulted in enhanced performance levels!

:clown: is well suited to describe Thomson.

HibbyRod
09-05-2012, 04:16 PM
To back degenerated up, I can categorically confirm that Thomson is a St Mirren fan.

I still think he is an incompetent erse though! :greengrin

(I'll retract that if he gives us all the breaks in the final. :rolleyes:)

woody47
09-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Have never rated this clown of a 'ref'. He is so full of himself and loves to be the centre of attraction. I am going to the bookies to see what odds I can get on him booking one of us in the first 15 minutes after letting the yams away with murder prior to that.
As for those on here saying we need to ignore ref and just get on with the game......can they explain how you are supposed to do that when treading on egg shells knowing that the first foul will result in a booking!!!!!
He does nothing but spoil any game he refs and I expect the same low standards from him in the final.

hibby72
10-05-2012, 04:28 PM
WHATS ALL YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS THEN??????????????:hnet::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa

Spike Mandela
10-05-2012, 04:44 PM
WHATS ALL YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS THEN??????????????:hnet::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa

Try reading the previous seven pages.:wink:

3pm
17-05-2012, 03:46 PM
....hopefully 3rd time lucky for us.

monktonharp
17-05-2012, 03:53 PM
aye, and I hope he is not so leanient wi' that wee painter **** fae tranent, this time

bingo70
17-05-2012, 04:25 PM
We got beat in those two games fair and square, nothing to do with the ref.

The first game we never turned up at all and the second we only played the second half and were unlucky not to get something.

We need to make sure we turn up the whole game this time, if we do we'll win, regardless of who the ref is and hearts know that as well.

degenerated
19-05-2012, 04:26 PM
Prove it.

He's a cheating ****

matty_f
19-05-2012, 04:28 PM
He's a cheating ****

:agree: 100% dirty cheating ****.

carnoustiehibee
19-05-2012, 04:29 PM
What's your opinion on Thomson now scousehibee?

GoldenMeerkat
19-05-2012, 04:34 PM
A no brainer, Willie 'Gollum' Collum should have been todays referee.

givescotlandfreedom
19-05-2012, 04:48 PM
He's not a cheat eh?

Wull
19-05-2012, 04:52 PM
A no brainer, Willie 'Gollum' Collum should have been todays referee.

Could have been henry kissenger as Ref would have made no difference we were s*/t The BEST team won and by a f***n mile as the score indicates

GoldenMeerkat
19-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Could have been henry kissenger as Ref would have made no difference we were s*/t The BEST team won and by a f***n mile as the score indicates

I wasn't implying that the referee was to blame for that woefully, embarrassing performance. Just thought even before the match that Willie Gollum would be the best out of a bad bunch, thats all.

sesoim
19-05-2012, 06:44 PM

If it wasn't for Kujabi and Thomson, we might have made a game of it, but they would have beaten us regardless. They always do when it really matters.

Spike Mandela
20-05-2012, 05:21 AM

This man will ruin our Cup Final experience. To my mind THE worst referee in Scotland irrespective of which team he supports. Gutted.

Entirely as predicted.

We all know Hibs deficiences they have been evident to us all season but with this guy in charge we never had an even chance.

Beefster
20-05-2012, 06:54 AM
Entirely as predicted.

We all know Hibs deficiences they have been evident to us all season but with this guy in charge we never had an even chance.

Even if Thomson is a cheating ******* rather than an incompetent one, some Hibs players played right into his hands. We've only got ourselves to blame.

I would like to see Thomson given absolutely pelters every time he is at ER though. It's not like he's going to treat us any worse.

3pm
20-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I am currently watching the highlights. Blck taking Griffiths out wasn't shown.....assume it wasn't that bad?

Hibercelona
20-05-2012, 08:57 AM
I am currently watching the highlights. Blck taking Griffiths out wasn't shown.....assume it wasn't that bad?

It WAS bad.

Which is exactly why they aren't showing it.

They won't want to show Scotlands "top ref" up for being the ***** he really is.

EuanH78
20-05-2012, 09:02 AM
We had to beat what was in front of us. That included the referee and we failed to do so, that said Blacks assault on leigh was a very bad challenge and set the tone for Thompsons performance, we didnt get anything.

I thought we could have pressured after the break and made a good game of it but the 'penalty' and sending off killed the game stone dead as a competition.

I'm not going to be too hard on Hibs.

Terrible performance in second half but the game was dead.

BEEJ
20-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Even if Thomson is a cheating ******* rather than an incompetent one, some Hibs players played right into his hands. We've only got ourselves to blame.

I would like to see Thomson given absolutely pelters every time he is at ER though. It's not like he's going to treat us any worse.
Well, of all the ultra-positive brigade that posted on this thread pre-match to ridicule others for their apparent bouts of misplaced paranoia and weak-mindedness, at least you've had the grace to come back on and comment post-match.