PDA

View Full Version : HMV Picture House

Sylar
08-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Last night was the second time I've been in the venue and I have to say, I really like it. It has such a diverse setup so you can either be on the main floor in the midst of the atmosphere, or you can sit and watch with a great unobstructed lofty view onto the stage on extremely comfy chairs. There's also plenty of space to move around in it and the sound quality is pretty damned impressive (though this will probably vary from artist to artist based on their sound crew and setup).

Really enjoyed my evening and already eyeing up another gig in November there :thumbsup:

DH1875
08-05-2012, 02:30 PM
You weren't out with Deeks were you :greengrin.

Magnifique
08-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Last night was the second time I've been in the venue and I have to say, I really like it. It has such a diverse setup so you can either be on the main floor in the midst of the atmosphere, or you can sit and watch with a great unobstructed lofty view onto the stage on extremely comfy chairs. There's also plenty of space to move around in it and the sound quality is pretty damned impressive (though this will probably vary from artist to artist based on their sound crew and setup).

Really enjoyed my evening and already eyeing up another gig in November there :thumbsup:

Not bad I suppose been there a few times and going back around same time as you, are you going to see the saw doctors?

Was through at O2 academy in weedge last night for first time what a **** hole from outside but acoustics and ambience inside spot on couldn't fault it

Sylar
08-05-2012, 08:09 PM
Not bad I suppose been there a few times and going back around same time as you, are you going to see the saw doctors?

Was through at O2 academy in weedge last night for first time what a **** hole from outside but acoustics and ambience inside spot on couldn't fault it

Nah, The lostprophets just announced they're playing there in November, so my fiance and I will be going along to that.

I've only ever been to the O2 Academy once, when it was the Carling Academy (I think they're the same place, though happy to be corrected) and I thought the same, but the noise inside was brilliant.

JohnStephens91
09-05-2012, 10:03 AM

Were you at Alkaline Trio? If so it was immense, I was right at the front and it was bloody brilliant. Been to loads at the Picture House before, it is a cracking venue and it is easy to get home from as well unlike the Corn Exchange.

Sylar
09-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Were you at Alkaline Trio? If so it was immense, I was right at the front and it was bloody brilliant. Been to loads at the Picture House before, it is a cracking venue and it is easy to get home from as well unlike the Corn Exchange.

:agree: - thoroughly enjoyed it, though I felt a little sorry for The Dear and Departed, who I thought were brilliant but got no appreciation at all.

WTF was the deal with the 2 guys through Dave Hause's set?

.Sean.
09-05-2012, 05:04 PM

Alkaline Trio? Gutted I missed it.

It's a perfect set-up. I've been to several gigs there - Two that stand out are Pete Doherty playing acoustically (I viewed from the balcony which was spectacular), then I was crammed down the very front for Airbourne :rockin:

Also seen Complete Stone Roses, Ian Brown, Dirty Pretty Things and White Lies there. All really good gigs.

'Octo' is ****ing class on a Thursday nights aswell - Only been 4 times, but i've a 75% record :wink::greengrin

JohnStephens91
09-05-2012, 06:43 PM
:agree: - thoroughly enjoyed it, though I felt a little sorry for The Dear and Departed, who I thought were brilliant but got no appreciation at all.

WTF was the deal with the 2 guys through Dave Hause's set?

I have no idea about the young guy with long hair, but he got let back in. The big guy with the hat and bandana on was just being a general a*** and he got pulled to the side and had a stern telling off I think. There was one other guy and I had no idea what his problem was but he looked like a tube and was trying to goad Dave into a fight. There is always a few d***heads at gigs so it doesn't surprise me.

I wasn't too keen on The Dear and Departed, they didn't exactly leap out as a band I'd want to listen to more. I think I spent most of my time looking at the Hibs score on my phone though during their set.

Ryan91
09-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Been to a couple of gigs there, and I have to say that it's pretty good, although for the most recent gig I went to (The Blackout) I found myself having not so much of a good time, due to the Security being utterly ruthless on anyone who even attempted to mosh, of course once the band told the Security to back off there were no problems.

Never been upstairs so I couldn't really say what it's like from up there.

JohnStephens91
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
Been to a couple of gigs there, and I have to say that it's pretty good, although for the most recent gig I went to (The Blackout) I found myself having not so much of a good time, due to the Security being utterly ruthless on anyone who even attempted to mosh, of course once the band told the Security to back off there were no problems.

Never been upstairs so I couldn't really say what it's like from up there.

The security at that gig were ridiculously strict, I couldn't believe it when the Blackout actually had to stop playing to get the security to stop ruining everyones night.