PDA

View Full Version : Media Haye v Chisora

cabbageandribs1875
08-05-2012, 09:03 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987600

David Haye and Dereck Chisora are to face each other at Upton Park on 14 July in a fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation.

shockerooni, didn't see that one coming :rolleyes:

Sylar
08-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Wow - I guess it was always likely, but a very odd step to have it sanctioned by a foreign federation and still fought in the UK.

Are there any connections between the television contract with Sky and the BBF which might not permit them to showcase a "banned" boxer, meaning it might need to be picked up by a foreign broadcaster too?

joe breezy
08-05-2012, 09:58 AM
David Haye the Millwall fan, fighting a Man United fan, at Upton Park, that will be an interesting day for the East London Met Police...

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Excellent work from the PR gurus for dreaming up this whole theatre of events! I mean who would have thought the planned brawl would have lead to this :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
08-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Wow - I guess it was always likely, but a very odd step to have it sanctioned by a foreign federation and still fought in the UK.

Are there any connections between the television contract with Sky and the BBF which might not permit them to showcase a "banned" boxer, meaning it might need to be picked up by a foreign broadcaster too?

It will be shown on Boxnation, a PPV and subscription channel owned by Frank Warren so no issues there.

For what its worth Haye in about 5 rounds.

heretoday
08-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Excellent work from the PR gurus for dreaming up this whole theatre of events! I mean who would have thought the planned brawl would have lead to this :rolleyes:

You mean it was planned? But I thought everything in Boxing was kosher and above board? No longer the profession of crooks and con artists.

Actually, I used to love Boxing in the 60s/70s. Harry Carpenter, Henry Cooper, John Conteh....jumpers for goalposts.

It's crap now. Like Snooker and Cricket.

easty
08-05-2012, 02:48 PM
For what its worth Haye in about 5 rounds.

:agree: Although I wonder how staged the fight will be! Clearly that "incident" in Germany was staged (well in my opinion anyway), with that in mind will Haye be under further instruction to make a fight of it, give the viewers X amount of rounds, before unleashing his genuine technical ability and taking Chisora out.

Big Ed
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I have heard a rumour that Burns v. Mitchell may be on the bill too. This is a tragedy: Kevin Mitchell has already sold out Upton Park for a (failed) world title fight and would no doubt do so again in a match up against Ricky Burns for his world title.
Putting the Haye/Chisora circus on the same bill would give it an element of something more credible than the pub brawl it should be: and that's a bad thing.

cabbageandribs1875
10-05-2012, 01:20 AM
khan-peterson rematch called off

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/17987251

Amir Khan's rematch with Lamont Peterson has been called off after the American champion's failed drugs test.
Both fighters agreed to random testing before their 19 May light-welterweight bout in Las Vegas, and Peterson tested positive for synthetic testosterone.

tut tut :take that

Pretty Boy
10-05-2012, 07:43 AM
I have heard a rumour that Burns v. Mitchell may be on the bill too. This is a tragedy: Kevin Mitchell has already sold out Upton Park for a (failed) world title fight and would no doubt do so again in a match up against Ricky Burns for his world title.
Putting the Haye/Chisora circus on the same bill would give it an element of something more credible than the pub brawl it should be: and that's a bad thing.

Agree with this.

Kevin Mitchell seems to have got his personal problems sorted out, when he is focussed he's an excellent, technically gifted fighter. Ricky Burns is now world class. No way should they be a sideshow on a bill featuring a great cruiserweight turned average heavyweight against a fighter who has lost 3 of his last 4 and is a borderline sociopath.

lyonhibs
10-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I hope it's utter ***** and both these fat/wimpy disgraces never fight again. The 20,000 folk who've bought tkts want their heids examined, unless they are ALL family members

VickMackie
13-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Haye is now a joke after Wlad so he will take a payday to fight Chisora. I won't pay for it but I'll certainly get a copy the next day.

VickMackie
13-05-2012, 07:44 PM
As for Peterson, what a mug, I was looking forward to the fight as well.