PDA

View Full Version : PF interview

down-the-slope
08-05-2012, 06:57 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17985624#asset

Good interview with lots of interesting bits.

Didn't deny it when Chick put it to him that signing McPake was a priority for summer.

Said that first part of job done (staying up) and second part was gradually getting club back to where it should be / competing with the neighbours

Gave credit to backroom staff - particularly mentioning Scott Thomson who he said had been all over the place in recent weeks looking at players

Thought in circumstances that ovation at end was 'a bit embarassing' and really was for fans not team

correctly thought score was a bit harsh on Dunfy

wants to give a few a game at ICT but also wants to win it

Hibs7
08-05-2012, 07:15 AM
An honest man with ambition and humility. Not many football managers like that around.
WELL DONE PAT.

DaveF
08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Cannot disagree with any of that.

He says it as it is.

Eyrie
08-05-2012, 10:44 AM
If Thomson has been looking at players, then that would imply a goalkeeper is high on the list.

Baldy Foghorn
08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
An honest man with ambition and humility. Not many football managers like that around.
WELL DONE PAT.

:agree::agree: spot on

R'Albin
08-05-2012, 11:55 AM
If Thomson has been looking at players, then that would imply a goalkeeper is high on the list.

I would imagine so since Stack's leaving at the end of the season.

What a great interview, "That lap of honour was for the fans, rather than the players", I honestly have such a good feeling about Fenlon, with a full pre-season under our belts I think he can turn us into a good side :agree:

Mango Man
08-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I really do think he'll do a grand job for us, it just feels so much different to when Calderwood was in charge, it was like he didn't even want to be here, joke of a manager, whereas wee Pat is enthusiastic, he speaks well and has an eye for a player too, you can tell he understands and appreciates what a special club we are. :pfgwa

Cropley10
08-05-2012, 12:35 PM

One would hope so. It would make a very pleasant change to have a really decent keeper in goal, said it before but United and Well seem to manage this position well.