PDA

View Full Version : Turning on the Team or Getting behind the Team

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Before the game last night the Sportsound pundits were in agreement about how easy it is for visiting teams to get the Hibs crowd to turn on the team and how much of a boost that gives the opposition. Not really a reputation we should be proud of :clapper:

DaveF
08-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Yes, those perceptive pundits at the BBC really did hit the nail on the head eh!

Team with one home league (before last night) in 19 games, in a poor rut for a couple of years with frustrated fans paying top money to watch rubbish football and fans are easily aggravated.

Well done to the BBC brains trust :greengrin

Captain Trips
08-05-2012, 08:05 AM
I am no fan of Petrie a lot of these players and I am unsure about Fenlon just now. The time for these gripes is now after the 19th. It will serve no purpose to complain now about things.

Have no fear I will be back to myself on the 21st as will be enjoying our cup win on 19th/20th

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Yes, those perceptive pundits at the BBC really did hit the nail on the head eh!

Team with one home league (before last night) in 19 games, in a poor rut for a couple of years with frustrated fans paying top money to watch rubbish football and fans are easily aggravated.

Okay, but since one of that "brains trust" is currently captain of another SPL side don't you think it is worth noting that other teams gain every time we abuse our own side?

RIP
08-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Before the game last night the Sportsound pundits were in agreement about how easy it is for visiting teams to get the Hibs crowd to turn on the team and how much of a boost that gives the opposition. Not really a reputation we should be proud of :clapper:

Up until CC left I would have agreed.Since January we have been about the best supported team in the SPL (considering our league position)

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Okay, but since one of that "brains trust" is currently captain of another SPL side don't you think it is worth noting that other teams gain every time we abuse our own side?

Agreed... and turning it around a little 2 seperate SPL managers mentioned last week mentioned the difference so how key it was for their support to get behind the team

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 01:06 PM

:agree: What a load of crap. Do these erses really think that any home support including the OF would be different considering the circumstances.

Hainan Hibs
08-05-2012, 01:08 PM
I think every team goes through periods like that. Aberdeen fans were worse on Wednesday than what we have been at ER.

RIP
08-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Up until CC left I would have agreed.Since January we have been about the best supported team in the SPL (considering our league position)

:agree: What a load of crap. Do these erses really think that any home support including the OF would be different considering the circumstances.

It's noticeable that since we started getting behind Pat Fenlon and the boys - results have improved

7th January - 7 May
Played 20
Won 9
Drawn 3
Lost 8

Notwithstanding 2 non-SPL victories that's equivalent to about 4th place in the SPL over a season

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 02:00 PM
It's noticeable that since we started getting behind Pat Fenlon and the boys - results have improved

7th January - 7 May
Played 20
Won 9
Drawn 3
Lost 8

Notwithstanding 2 non-SPL victories that's equivalent to about 4th place in the SPL over a season

Nah, it's noticeable that since performances have improved so has the attitude of the fans, don't kid yourself it's anything else.

fitothewalk
08-05-2012, 02:08 PM
dont listen to bbc so called pundits.i know 1 thing though for a team sitting 2nd bottom of the league our away supports have been damn fine spl:not worthendid

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 02:38 PM
dont listen to bbc so called pundits.i know 1 thing though for a team sitting 2nd bottom of the league our away supports have been damn fine spl:not worthendid

Absolutely agree and well done all.

Funny thing, our away performances tend to be better too :hmmm:

CentreLine
08-05-2012, 03:04 PM

I think you are missing the point. I don't think they were suggesting it should stop, it appears that opposition teams are delighted how easy it is to get the Hibs support on the back of the team. In fact, if anything, the longer it goes on the happier every other team in the SPL will be it seems. So if that is your habit and you are content with the plaudits of other teams captains and managers then fill your boots.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 03:11 PM
I think you are missing the point. I don't think they were suggesting it should stop, it appears that opposition teams are delighted how easy it is to get the Hibs support on the back of the team. In fact, if anything, the longer it goes on the happier every other team in the SPL will be it seems. So if that is your habit and you are content with the plaudits of other teams captains and managers then fill your boots.

Eh! I think you have spectacularly missed my point. But hey ho :flag:

hibbybob
08-05-2012, 03:12 PM

Not from where I sit in the west stand.

The singing group in the east deserve a lot of credit but the negativity round about me is awful! Some people only seem happy when they are moaning or getting on the players backs. What a difference it makes when the fans get behind the players!