PDA

View Full Version : Pars fans (merged)

DaveF
07-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Anyone else see the Dunfermline fan vault the hoarding to get the ball, which he immediately threw to the corner flag and then hopped back into his seat. All over in 2 seconds, yet he was thrown out by the stewards.

Yes, I suppose they are abiding by the rules, but dearie me, is there no leeway for a bit of common sense?

Truly pathetic and I the guy does not face any further action - except maybe getting an apology from the stewards for being thrown out.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Anyone else see the Dunfermline fan vault the hoarding to get the ball, which he immediately threw to the corner flag and then hopped back into his seat. All over in 2 seconds, yet he was thrown out by the stewards.

Yes, I suppose they are abiding by the rules, but dearie me, is there no leeway for a bit of common sense?

Truly pathetic and I the guy does not face any further action - except maybe getting an apology from the stewards for being thrown out.

Yup, I saw it, and was raging.

It was noticeable that, just a couple of minutes later, the police lined up along that bit. They were probably expecting a bit of trouble after that incident.

AlbertK86
07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Yep saw that very poor.... Appeared he was with his son who then had to leave. Common sense ....zero

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Really great...part of the drive to encourage more fans to come to games :rolleyes:

I thought the Dunfy fans given how their team was torn apart were pretty spirited, with a number even staying to applaud the Hibs players - must be hard for them to take - but they conducted themselves well

cabbageandribs1875
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
there's a post about it on a dunfy site, apparently two fans got chucked of the train going back, for swearing, hopefully the train was at a station at the time

Frogga
07-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Suppose if stewards let people away with stuff like that then more and more fans would be hopping over as makeshift ballboys in future. If we're going to have stadiums with no fences/barriers between the fans and the pitch then the stewards need to be strict I suppose!

Did feel sorry for the lad though!

aljo7-0
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I suppose they were following instructions (I assume) but as you say a bit of common sense could have been used as he was not being a threat etc.

On the subject of Dunfy fans - I was well impressed with the small crowd of them that stayed on to applaud the Hibs players after the game (of course they may have been chanting abuse for all I know but it didn't appear that way and I know I would have been disappearing pretty rapidly after the Hibs team went down the tunnel if it was the other way round). Thought it was quite funny that they started a conga around their bit of the ground but even then the stgewards went to ruin it!

essexhibee
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Fair play to the Dunfy fans. Supporting their local team and staying till the end. Feel sorry for them but no way for their manager.

Jamesie
07-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Heard a lot of booing as a supporter in an orange jacket was emptied from the Dunfermline end. I had just presumed - particular from the "in your face" way he spoke to another supporter - that he was a Jambo who had been "outed" by the away fans. However did I totally get the wrong end of the stick here?

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Thought it was very unfair. Wasn't causing a threat to no one. Just throwing the ball back to Mark Brown for him to take his goal kick and going back to his seat. Just stupid folk like that steward who have no common sense whatsoever. Also credit to some of the pars fans for staying back and applauding the hibs players. Must been very hard for them but well done.

frazeHFC
07-05-2012, 10:32 PM
Thought it was very unfair. Wasn't causing a threat to no one. Just throwing the ball back to Mark Brown for him to take his goal kick and going back to his seat. Just stupid folk like that steward who have no common sense whatsoever. Also credit to some of the pars fans for staying back and applauding the hibs players. Must been very hard for them but well done.

That is very good of them. :thumbsup:

Jim44
07-05-2012, 10:33 PM
The steward seemed to talk to him and then let him walk back to his seat. Next thing he was being led into the exit.

vein
07-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Heard a lot of booing as a supporter in an orange jacket was emptied from the Dunfermline end. I had just presumed - particular from the "in your face" way he spoke to another supporter - that he was a Jambo who had been "outed" by the away fans. However did I totally get the wrong end of the stick here?

You did mate, that was the guy who jumped the fence and threw the ball back.

LancashireHibby
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Rules are rules, if he's daft enough to jump on the track then he's nobody to blame but himself. Could certainly see he was going to get kicked out as soon as he jumped back over the fence. Quite entertaining to say the least but I hope he doesn't face a ban or anything.

Fair play to the Dunfy kids with their conga at the end as well, they got a well deserved round of applause from the East.

greenlex
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Over in good numbers tonight which was good to see. Thought they deserved a thread of their own.For applauding the Hibs players when they did their lap despite just seeing their team get relegated.
The Conga to Pigbag at the end was ****ing Awsome.
Pars fans I salute you.:flag:

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I agree. Thought that conga was awesome.

The_Horde
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm certain i saw the boy sit back down?

danhibees1875
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Rules is rules. As said above you can't start letting some people away with it depending on the situation.

The steward seemed to talk to him and then let him walk back to his seat. Next thing he was being led into the exit.

I would hazard a guess that the steward wasn't going to take any action other than 'best not do that' until told otherwise by those higher up the chain of command. For this reason, blaming the steward as being idiotic (as done many times above) is rather unfair, simply doing what he had to do and what he gets paid for(ultimately by Hibs) to do.

Speaking as a steward(Only work Tynie/rugby, not ER) :aok:

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Radio guys said 1,400 of them though it didn't look that many to me. Hats off to most of them for staying behind their team and for clapping the Hibs players. I noticed Soares returning the applause which was also a nice touch

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
I don't want to sound like a patronising Celtc fan but it was classy of those why stayed to the end to applaud the Hibs team. I hope the Hearts fans in their end had a wonderful day and are pleased they got a superb view of three goals too and feel they spent their £20 watching Hibs' biggest win in a long time instead of helping pay their players' wages or employing Ian Black to paint their ceiling.

DMR1875
We have been there, it's not easy. They showed what football is all about, love the club no matter what. Hurry back Pars without JJ!!:wink:

surreyhibbie
Genuinely sorry it had to be the pars that went down - fat jim apart of course, can't stand the fat tw@ but they are a good bunch of guys, my second favourite Scottish team I suppose.

Wouldn't have cared if any of the others were relegated.

Haste ye back guys.

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2012, 11:11 PM
Radio guys said 1,400 of them though it didn't look that many to me. Hats off to most of them for staying behind their team and for clapping the Hibs players. I noticed Soares returning the applause which was also a nice touch

I don't think it could have been that many. The South Stand holds 3800 so would have needed to be at 50% capacity before even taking barriers for segregation into account. Given they filled the bottom tier but left quite a lot of room in the top that figure's wrong. They may be mistaken and think there were 1400 in the whole stand with the additional Hibs fans there too.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't think it could have been that many. The South Stand holds 3800 so would have needed to be at 50% capacity before even taking barriers for segregation into account. Given they filled the bottom tier but left quite a lot of room in the top that figure's wrong. They may be mistaken and think there were 1400 in the whole stand with the additional Hibs fans there too.

I should have said that it was Chick Young who said 1,400 :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2012, 11:14 PM
I must agree. They were dignified and a credit to their club. I respect the way they conducted themselves tonight.

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I should have said that it was Chick Young who said 1,400 :greengrin

That clears it up then :greengrin

neilmartinrocks
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Rules is rules. As said above you can't start letting some people away with it depending on the situation.

I would hazard a guess that the steward wasn't going to take any action other than 'best not do that' until told otherwise by those higher up the chain of command. For this reason, blaming the steward as being idiotic (as done many times above) is rather unfair, simply doing what he had to do and what he gets paid for(ultimately by Hibs) to do.

Speaking as a steward(Only work Tynie/rugby, not ER) :aok:

Had a steward telling the wee laddies next to me tae sit down coz they were blocking folks view.
And then 10 mins before time the 6'2" bam stands right in front o' me. I cuidnae see **** for him.

lucky
07-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Said they did well on another thread but there was only 1000 of them there at most

danhibees1875
07-05-2012, 11:30 PM
Had a steward telling the wee laddies next to me tae sit down coz they were blocking folks view.
And then 10 mins before time the 6'2" bam stands right in front o' me. I cuidnae see **** for him.

I assume you mean the track detail that goes on right around the pitch, at 43 and 88 minutes on the clock?

That's where they stand, that's where they stand every game, that's where they are told to stand.

You've clearly disregarded the part where I say they are doing what they are instructed to do by their supervisors and don't deserve the sort of stick they get from people like you. :aok:

edinburghhibee
07-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Was a nice touch from the Pars at the final whistle and throughout the game they were still singing and jumping around at 4-0.

Hope they can have a **** first quarter, gee jumbo the boot then finish up getting promoted at the end of the season.:cb

neilmartinrocks
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
I assume you mean the track detail that goes on right around the pitch, at 43 and 88 minutes on the clock?

That's where they stand, that's where they stand every game, that's where they are told to stand.

You've clearly disregarded the part where I say they are doing what they are instructed to do by their supervisors and don't deserve the sort of stick they get from people like you. :aok:

no i dont mean them. i mean the one who stood there in front of me 10mins before the end coz the gate in front was open.

Sammy7nil
07-05-2012, 11:41 PM
:not worth:not worth:not worth
GREAT Stuff guys really got behind your team the don't deserve it :agree:

madabouthibs
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Should be mentioned that half the bottom tier was Hibs fans, so there was maybe about 800 Pars. :agree:

smurf
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Surely a warning would have been more than sufficient? Power obsessed petty figures of authority. They'll be the first up against a wall come the revolution!

JohnStephens91
07-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Should be mentioned that half the bottom tier was Hibs fans, so there was maybe about 800 Pars. :agree:

The official number was about 1,200 according to the Hibs twitter feed. If so then great effort from them and a shame they had to go down. It was either us or them and I'm just glad we've managed to stay up when it looked like we were going to be pegged back.

madabouthibs
07-05-2012, 11:54 PM
I saw the Pars fan being huckled towards the exit, then he seemed to head back to his seat after a "discussion" with the stewards around the exit? I thought he'd been allowed to sit down again?

yeezus.
07-05-2012, 11:57 PM
I saw the Pars fan being huckled towards the exit, then he seemed to head back to his seat after a "discussion" with the stewards around the exit? I thought he'd been allowed to sit down again?

Aye I thought he got off with it to begin with.. obviously no

yeezus.
08-05-2012, 12:00 AM
Fair play to them, I reckon it will either be them of Falkirk that come up next season, and I can't see Ross County following in their footsteps

muzzhfc
08-05-2012, 12:01 AM
i see it at as, the rules are there in place to ensure consistency. look at the refereeing situation, how many times have we seen players get away with this that and the next thing. how long is it until theres 7 or 8 fans fighting over to get the ball and then start holding up play. its like democracy, we all have a say, but not everyone is happy. in this case, the rules are in place to protect everyone, common sense dictating or not

Sammy7nil
08-05-2012, 12:21 AM
;3214194']I'm certain i saw the boy sit back down?

I hope so !

poor form if ejected

BoltonHibee
08-05-2012, 12:21 AM

I think he was allowed to go back to where he was sitting to speak to the kid that appeared to be with him, before he was ejected.

****ing pathetic attitude from the stewards. All to retrieve the ball as there didn't appear to be any ball boys at that part.

Saorsa
08-05-2012, 01:05 AM
They came in good numbers, supported their team tae the end and a good few of them were gracious enough tae applaud our team after the game. It's a shame tae lose good fans like that tae the league in favour of keeping **** like the huns.

The Green Goblin
08-05-2012, 01:51 AM
They came in good numbers, supported their team tae the end and a good few of them were gracious enough tae applaud our team after the game. It's a shame tae lose good fans like that tae the league in favour of keeping **** like the huns.

Spot on

Brebners Bookie
08-05-2012, 01:59 AM

Exactly.

LancashireHibby
08-05-2012, 02:29 AM
This. Good luck to 'em.

Green Reaper
08-05-2012, 02:47 AM
good to see our captain Mc*****gfantastic going over to applaud them when the team came back out

PeeJay
08-05-2012, 06:44 AM

Great post - says it all!:top marks

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2012, 06:49 AM
Aye ... a good effort from the Pars fans and showed a bit of class at the end too, its not easy to see your club relegated as most of us know.

Lets hope the SPL do the right thing and relegate the current buns in their place .... some chance !

Noticed that for a wee bit during the 2nd half some of our fans were giving it the old 'ole' stuff when Hibs were passing the ball about. Thought at the time .... we have been Tom Kite for most of the season and our fans have no right to be doing that, especially against the team we just pipped to survival.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2012, 09:33 AM
Aye ... a good effort from the Pars fans and showed a bit of class at the end too, its not easy to see your club relegated as most of us know.

Lets hope the SPL do the right thing and relegate the current buns in their place .... some chance !

Since there's all sorts of rules imminently up for change, and there's a definite possibility that the Huns will be exphunged from the top tier, I don't see why it would be that hard to also have a vote to keep the Pars in. What's to prevent it? Isn't there a precedent with the Sheepies (or someone) having stayed up one year for non-footballing reasons?

Hibernia Na Eir
08-05-2012, 09:38 AM
One Choice.

Relegate Rangers.

MB62
08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Since there's all sorts of rules imminently up for change, and there's a definite possibility that the Huns will be exphunged from the top tier, I don't see why it would be that hard to also have a vote to keep the Pars in. What's to prevent it? Isn't there a precedent with the Sheepies (or someone) having stayed up one year for non-footballing reasons?

I think you're right. Was it not because Falkirk won the league but their stadium at that time was a shambles from the 19th century and so they were refused entry to the SPHELL, saving the sheep in the process.

08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
I thought they were great last night TBF, they brought a good number through and backed their team the full game.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2012, 09:48 AM
800 pars fans doing the conga or 4,000 Hun cretins spewing bile. Take the hit, Tacheman - you know it makes sense.

greenlex
08-05-2012, 09:51 AM

Sorry lapsed one but I disagree. The bottom team should be relegated. Even if that had been us. If Rangers go down second place in the first division should come up with Ross County.

Hermit Crab
08-05-2012, 09:52 AM
Anybody see the fan that was horsed out for jumping the wall to get the ball back to the pars player. Ok he jumped the wall but he was only showing passion towards his team. Letter of the law says you can't but a poor show by the stewards in my opinion. Very harsh.

pentlando
08-05-2012, 09:55 AM
Chick Young's figures sound about right. I'm sure the South Stand actually holds around 4,500, with each block around 400/500. They had two full blocks at least and a splattering at the top.

Great support though, was a few of them in Four in Hand before the game giving and taking a bit of banter. That's what I want from football, not Neanderthals from Rangers, Celtic and Hearts that we get (admittedly we have a fair few too). Hope they bounce back up next season, always a good away day.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Sorry lapsed one but I disagree. The bottom team should be relegated. Even if that had been us. If Rangers go down second place in the first division should come up with Ross County.

Aye, there is a case for sticking to the rules. I wouldn't mind second place coming up at all. But in that case I'd still have Dumfermaland in and relegate OldOrNewHunFC and Killiemarnock, for their abomination of a chairman's comments.

Phil MaGlass
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Easy, RELEGATE the buns tae bottome 3rd let the top of first atomatically come up then have 2nd place in 1st play Dunfermline, one team was going down the other wasnt coming up. EASY lets see it happen.

Gerard
08-05-2012, 10:40 AM
The Pars fans are a credit to their team. I hope they get back to the SPL ASAP.:wink:

Houchy
08-05-2012, 10:43 AM
One Choice.

Relegate Rangers.

I'd love this to happen.

I'd much rather sit through 90 minutes with them than the weegies from the Govan San Giro.:agree:

IWasThere2016
08-05-2012, 11:15 AM

:agree:

gringojoe
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Anybody see the fan that was horsed out for jumping the wall to get the ball back to the pars player. Ok he jumped the wall but he was only showing passion towards his team. Letter of the law says you can't but a poor show by the stewards in my opinion. Very harsh.

It was very harsh, guy jumped the wall threw the ball back and was back over the wall probably took about 3 seconds. Lets see if the huckle the huns and celtc fans as quick.

alibucharest
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Pars fans after game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-qmY3oIOc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-qmY3oIOc)

:top marks

Hibercelona
09-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Pars fans after game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-qmY3oIOc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4-qmY3oIOc)

Brilliant stuff! :thumbsup:

Too bad the stewards felt the need to stop them. :rolleyes:

LamontHFC©
09-05-2012, 12:23 AM
i see it at as, the rules are there in place to ensure consistency. look at the refereeing situation, how many times have we seen players get away with this that and the next thing. how long is it until theres 7 or 8 fans fighting over to get the ball and then start holding up play. its like democracy, we all have a say, but not everyone is happy. in this case, the rules are in place to protect everyone, common sense dictating or not

:hahaha:

Come on mate, be serious.

NAE NOOKIE
09-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Yeh ... Thought the Stewards were OTT stopping the conga ....... It seems that the powers that be are determined to stop folk actually having fun at the fitba.

They will probably stop the card display at Hampden coz all that paper is a fire risk :bitchy:

Chuck Rhoades
09-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Copied everything Celtic/Motherwell fans do - including their songs.

Just another plastic club in Scottish football.

linlithgowhibbie
09-05-2012, 07:57 AM

Bit harsh Bouncer! At least they follow their local team, many fans don't, so full credit from me to them:pfgwa

CropleyWasGod
09-05-2012, 07:59 AM

Seriously?

A team who have won the Cup more recently than us? Who have a European pedigree that is, arguably, as good as ours?

Pretty Boy
09-05-2012, 08:02 AM

Nothing plastic about Dunfermilne.

Proper club with a proper history. There's plenty info out there about them.if you bother to look for it.

Saorsa
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM

Just another plastic club in Scottish football.Rubbish

jdships
09-05-2012, 08:11 AM
Spoke with a guy yesterday who was a "Steward Supervisor" at the game and his version is
" The police asked for " zero tolerence " due to the fact this was to be a very immotive , well attended, game with passions running high "
I cannot comment further as I wasn't there .

Barman Stanton
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM

That's just rubbish, and I hate to hear a Hibs fan speak like this. Like many Hibees they support their local team so respect for that.

As someone pointed out, have a look at Dunfermlines history, nothing plastic about it.

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 08:36 AM
That's just rubbish, and I hate to hear a Hibs fan speak like this. Like many Hibees they support their local team so respect for that.

As someone pointed out, have a look at Dunfermlines history, nothing plastic about it.

:agree: It does make me laugh when some of the younger fans in our support say things like this. I remember Dunfermline as a very good side, who'd pull in very decent crowds, well in excess of our current average.

I also remember a team good enough to compete very well in europe, with some real quality players, and a team who were always thought well of by most scottish fans.

Some folk really need to look at the history of scottish football before making daft comments on other clubs, there's nowt plastic about the pars, a proper club who certainly have a proper chairman too.

jonty
09-05-2012, 08:42 AM
Spoke with a guy yesterday who was a "Steward Supervisor" at the game and his version is
" The police asked for " zero tolerence " due to the fact this was to be a very immotive , well attended, game with passions running high "
I cannot comment further as I wasn't there .

If we'd lost perhaps.
All they needed to do was turn the music off. Conga over.

Chuck Rhoades
09-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Love getting the fishing rod out on a Wednesday morning:greengrin

The group of lads at the end of the game were a credit to them, if that was us getting relegated there wouldn't be a fan left in the ground.

Chuck Rhoades
09-05-2012, 08:45 AM
:agree: It does make me laugh when some of the younger fans in our support say things like this. I remember Dunfermline as a very good side, who'd pull in very decent crowds, well in excess of our current average.

I also remember a team good enough to compete very well in europe, with some real quality players, and a team who were always thought well of by most scottish fans.

Some folk really need to look at the history of scottish football before making daft comments on other clubs, there's nowt plastic about the pars, a proper club who certainly have a proper chairman too.

Ouch, think I hit a nerve:devil:

Barman Stanton
09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
Love getting the fishing rod out on a Wednesday morning:greengrin

The group of lads at the end of the game were a credit to them, if that was us getting relegated there wouldn't be a fan left in the ground.

Aye right, good try : )

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
Ouch, think I hit a nerve:devil:

No nerve hit BR, Dunfermline are a proper club who have hit some hard times for a number of reasons, maybe a smiley or two in your original post would have given us a clue you were on a fishing expedition?

Or perhaps you were not and are a wee bit embarrassed by it now, and are trying to wriggle out of what you said? :wink:

Chuck Rhoades
09-05-2012, 08:56 AM
No nerve hit BR, Dunfermline are a proper club who have hit some hard times for a number of reasons, maybe a smiley or two in your original post would have given us a clue you were on a fishing expedition?

Or perhaps you were not and are a wee bit embarrassed by it now, and are trying to wriggle out of what you said? :wink:

From your time on the board you should realise that if I thought they were a pish, poor club I wouldn't go back on my statement. Just love the 3 pager on Pars fan being suberb but not one for our own fans - nothing wrong with stirring it up:cb

blackpoolhibs
09-05-2012, 08:58 AM
From your time on the board you should realise that if I thought they were a pish, poor club I wouldn't go back on my statement. Just love the 3 pager on Pars fan being suberb but not one for our own fans - nothing wrong with stirring it up:cb

Ah but i never mentioned how good or bad their fans were on Monday, just they were a decent club in the past, nothing plastic about the pars imo, a proper club who have hit hard times. As for stirring things up, thats just silly. :wink:

MSK
09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
From your time on the board you should realise that if I thought they were a pish, poor club I wouldn't go back on my statement. Just love the 3 pager on Pars fan being suberb but not one for our own fans - nothing wrong with stirring it up:cbReally ..?...you missed this thread then ..http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235804-Brilliant-atmosphere-v-Dunfermline

Oh ..& this one ...http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?235651-Atmosphere-Tonight

Saorsa
09-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Or perhaps you were not and are a wee bit embarrassed by it now, and are trying to wriggle out of what you said? :wink::agree:

JimBHibees
09-05-2012, 10:18 AM

Completely agree a real club with an excellent history including I think winning the cup twice in the 60s including a horsing of the yams. Wonderful European record around that time also with I think a hammering of Valencia as one of their most famous wins.

As you say they have hit on hard times and I also get the impression they have been hit harder than other clubs with what appears to be a Fife obsession with the Glasgow 2. Nothing at all plastic about them and who are we to be having a go at any other club especially one with a very proud tradition. One of the better away day trips also.

Hamish
09-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Think the Pars directors might not be too disappointed about relegation. They now have Fife derbies against Raith and Cowdenbeath, plus their hated rivals Falkirk and also Dundee will bring a decent travelling support. If they are going well at the time the Raith and Falkirk games will probably be 5 figure crowds and you would think that most of the other games at EEP would get 5/6000, far better than the crowds they were getting against most of the SPL.

Sean1875
09-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Pars fans after game

Thats brilliant :greengrin fair play to them!