PDA

View Full Version : who bossed the midfield?

King Paddy
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
On ESPN both Mixu and Sheils stated that Dunfrmline bossed the midfield. I thought
they had slightly more posession but it's goals that count?.

dmc1875
07-05-2012, 10:53 PM
On ESPN both Mixu and Sheils stated that Dunfrmline bossed the midfield. I thought
they had slightly more posession but it's goals that count?.

They didnt boss the midfield. We sat off them and gave them possession in areas that weren't going to hurt us after we were 3-0 up. Before then it was us winning the battle.

We were keeping our shape and just making sure we didnt concede. When we were keeping the ball it was obvious to me that we are a far, far better team than Dunfermline.

Just a shame its taken so long for us to show it. :wink:

QMU-1875
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
I did think dunfermline looked marginally better in midfield, they exploited a lot of space down our left in the first half and kept possesion well. However in the second half our midfield improved and claros had a great game. Our defence was fantastic tonight, felt francombe brought a lot more stability to the back 4 when he came on as kujabi struggled with the height of his man.

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM
They didnt boss the midfield. We sat off them and gave them possession in areas that weren't going to hurt us after we were 3-0 up. Before then it was us winning the battle.

We were keeping our shape and just making sure we didnt concede. When we were keeping the ball it was obvious to me that we are a far, far better team than Dunfermline.

Totally agree.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:55 PM

:top marks Too many pundits equate possession to superiority. We let them have the ball until they gave us it back :wink:

TornadoHibby
07-05-2012, 10:57 PM

Was disappointed that we didn't press the Pars further away from our goal after we went 3-0 up tbh! :confused:

If we do that in the Cup Final we will suffer I suspect! :agree:

Shrekko
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Must admit, I was happy with midfield tonight for the first time in a long time. Obviously Lewis and Ozzy are not natural wide men as such but their presence and industry were great. Soares and Claros oozed class in possession and both are suited to a more central role. I would be happy with this set-up at Hampden

lucky
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I thought Mark Kerr was very good for them and like to see him at ER next season

WindyMiller
07-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Was disappointed that we didn't press the Pars further away from our goal after we went 3-0 up tbh! :confused:

If we do that in the Cup Final we will suffer I suspect! :agree:

As long as we're 3-0 up I think we'll hang on.:agree: