PDA

View Full Version : Can I sue?

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 10:42 PM
First of excellent game tonight and shows potential of the stadium!

However I was sat in row H in the famous 5 stand and during the warm up in the first half I was distracted by my step-son and took a shot full force in the side of the face which dislodged my filling in my tooth sending it down my throat! Have to say thought it was pretty funny just wished it was caught on camera so I couldve identified who took the shot.

Answers on a postcard please..

zlatan
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure if Sue is on to answer your question right now.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:45 PM

However I was sat in row H in the famous 5 stand and during the warm up in the first half I was distracted by my son and took a shot full force in the side of the face which dislodged my filling in my tooth sending it down my throat! Have to say thought it was pretty funny just wished it was caught on camera so I couldve identified who took the shot.

I could narrow it down to about six if that helps? :greengrin

Hibeesmad
07-05-2012, 10:47 PM
dont think o'connor missed a shot in the warm up, so it wasnt him ;)

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I could narrow it down to about six if that helps? :greengrin

I dont think it was Gaz or Soares...

Northernhibee
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Kujabi practising set pieces again. :agree:

SaulGoodman
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM

He said he was in the Famous Five. Not the East :devil:

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Na I was in the LOWER STAND :greengrin

Northernhibee
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Can't we pretend it was Fat Jim and make his evening all the more miserable?

givescotlandfreedom
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Can't we pretend it was Fat Jim and make his evening all the more miserable?

:agree: :agree::agree: Yes, I saw him do it and he meant it too

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:59 PM
My money is on Ivan :agree:

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Dont confuse me with Fat Jim! Thats insulting! :boo hoo:

SaulGoodman
07-05-2012, 11:01 PM
:agree: :agree::agree: Yes, I saw him do it and he meant it too
:agree: I can distinctly remember him shouting "**** the Hibs" before lining up the shot and firing a rocket of a strike right at the poor guys face.

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 11:06 PM
AHHHH I see. the knock must have hit me harder than I thought

Hibs07p
08-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Was the ball OK? :greengrin

ManBearPig
08-05-2012, 08:34 AM
I was in a mind to keep the bloody thing!!

--------
08-05-2012, 08:41 AM

However I was sat in row H in the famous 5 stand and during the warm up in the first half I was distracted by my son and took a shot full force in the side of the face which dislodged my filling in my tooth sending it down my throat! Have to say thought it was pretty funny just wished it was caught on camera so I couldve identified who took the shot.

You only have one tooth? :cool2:

The only good reason I can think of for taking kids to the football is to hold them up in front of you at all times so that they shield you from things like that.

And sending them for pizza at half-time.

oldbutdim
08-05-2012, 08:51 AM
If you take kids, especially young kids, to watch football matches then you have to expect them to be a bit of distraction because they won't have the concentration span to sit through nearly a couple of hours.
Even if he was doing something quite outrageous to distract you I don't see the point in suing him. What will you gain? Just sweeties probably.

Put it down to experience.

lapsedhibee
08-05-2012, 08:53 AM
If you take kids, especially young kids, to watch football matches then you have to expect them to be a bit of distraction because they won't have the concentration span to sit through nearly a couple of hours.
Even if he was doing something quite outrageous to distract you I don't see the point in suing him. What will you gain? Just sweeties probably.

:greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-05-2012, 08:54 AM
:agree: I can distinctly remember him shouting "**** the Hibs" before lining up the shot and firing a rocket of a strike right at the poor guys face.

Fat mess! Bet it was him :agree:

--------
08-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Fat mess! Bet it was him :agree:

When did a shot from Jim Jefferies ever hit what he was aiming for?

He was trying to take out Billy Broon.

NOLA
08-05-2012, 09:44 AM
quality:greengrin

Don Giovanni
08-05-2012, 09:57 AM

Put it down to experience.

True enough, but if there is more than one bag of sweeties to choose from then there are big descisions to be made and ManBearPig has a responsibility to his one filling-less tooth to at least have a look in each bag and weigh up what's on offer.

Shame the wee man will have scoffed his Easter eggs by now...!

poolman
08-05-2012, 09:59 AM

Wiz this you :greengrin

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yl04uw.jpg

Sudds_1
08-05-2012, 09:59 AM

How old is your son? I think he has to be at least 14 and insured for you to successfully sue him...........:devil:

shagpile
08-05-2012, 10:25 AM

The only thing you can claim for is the dentist fee for refitting your filling, because you still have the filling, But give it a rinse under the tap before you have it refitted.

Hibs Class
08-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Sue your dentist for his shoddy work and share the spoils with Hibs to show your gratitude for them highlighting his negligence. That's what a real fan would do.

Eyrie
08-05-2012, 11:25 AM
The only thing you can claim for is the dentist fee for refitting your filling, because you still have the filling, But give it a rinse under the tap before you have it refitted.

He'll need to wait for it to pass first.

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Having to stop reading this thread.... at work, and peeps are looking at me as if I'm insane....... from their view I keep bursting out laughing for no reason at all ...... :greengrin .................................... just knew I wasn't fit to be an Undertaker :confused:

PS... If you send me your address I can arange to send some replacemens.... only used once and some have intact fillings..... I can also include a hammer and chisel but I'll need those back

DH1875
08-05-2012, 12:18 PM
I got smacked full on the face at a game in the the old Falkirk stadium. Was boxing day and when the players were warming up before the game they were kicking balls into the fans for them to keep :thumbsup:. As I say, was behind the goals and wasn't expecting it and took one full on the nose. Worst thing of all though is that because I was crouched over holding my face some tosser nicked the ball :grr:.

iwasthere1972
08-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Well if you're sueing then so am I.

My ticket clearly stated that I was in row DD but there were no big chested woman anywhere near me. Just fat balding guys.

Petrie get it sorted.

Future17
08-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I dont think it was Gaz or Soares...

Sounds Soares...

McHibby
08-05-2012, 01:54 PM

Ha! This made me laugh :faf:

It's been a while since I did tort and liability in law, but I don't think you can sue, Manbearpig. I am pretty sure a sports spectator is thought to have taken the risk of any injury which is foreseeable in the sport on show. And being hit with a ball is foreseeable, especially sitting behind the goals. You'd have to demonstrate recklessness by the player. Though if you get in touch with Easter Road, they might cover your dental costs as a goodwill gesture.

shagpile
08-05-2012, 01:57 PM
He'll need to wait for it to pass first.

No ****, Sherlock?:rolleyes:

persevere1875
08-05-2012, 02:25 PM
No ****, Sherlock?:rolleyes:

No **** = No tooth, sherlock or not :wink:

Just Alf
08-05-2012, 03:09 PM
No **** = No tooth, sherlock or not :wink:

:tee hee:

ManBearPig
08-05-2012, 03:30 PM
Hahaha some of the comments are brilliant! as way of update dentist is repairing free of charge and putting it down as good luck from now on! If we can have start like that against Hertz I will gladly let all the players take it in turn to knock my teeth out with a mitre.

paulhfc88
08-05-2012, 09:13 PM

I just turned around and seen this happening, i was in the FF aswell! It was either Towell or O'Donovan
I am pretty sure it was towell but not 100% sure.

CropleyWasGod
08-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Hahaha some of the comments are brilliant! as way of update dentist is repairing free of charge and putting it down as good luck from now on! If we can have start like that against Hertz I will gladly let all the players take it in turn to knock my teeth out with a mitre.

If we get beat next week, can everybody on this thread knock yer teeth out ?

beensaidbefore
08-05-2012, 10:16 PM

hahahaha.....sorry

a memory test for some of the us there in the late 80's, early 90's.
We were sitting behind the goals before the FF was built, and similarly before kickoff, my mate took a ball right on the end of his nose, which promptly burst and bled everywhere.He then had to amke the walk of shame up the side of the pitch to the tunnel with st Johns ambulance, while everyone pointed and laughed.

must have scarred him as a child. funny for everyone else though.

hope that goes someway of making you feel a bit better to know your not alone!:greengrin

ManBearPig
09-05-2012, 06:38 AM
I just turned around and seen this happening, i was in the FF aswell! It was either Towell or O'Donovan
I am pretty sure it was towell but not 100% sure.

Thanks I can believe it was either of those two!!

ManBearPig
09-05-2012, 06:40 AM
hahahaha.....sorry

a memory test for some of the us there in the late 80's, early 90's.
We were sitting behind the goals before the FF was built, and similarly before kickoff, my mate took a ball right on the end of his nose, which promptly burst and bled everywhere.He then had to amke the walk of shame up the side of the pitch to the tunnel with st Johns ambulance, while everyone pointed and laughed.

must have scarred him as a child. funny for everyone else though.

hope that goes someway of making you feel a bit better to know your not alone!:greengrin

Thats pretty good kinda trumps my dental debacle!! at least he gotta go down the tunnel as a kid mustve been quite entertaining

yekimevol
09-05-2012, 06:17 PM
dont sue, were better than man utd