PDA

View Full Version : ozzy (excellent tonite)

hibby72
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
not one mention for ozzy ,was my MOM tonite covered every blade and made very timely tackles:cb:pfgwa:hnet:

Wotherspiniesta
07-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Played very well indeed :agree:

TBH, I don't like him at right midfield. Would much rather him playing through the middle, but can't fault the guy's performance tonight.

Well played Ozzy :aok:

cocopops1875
07-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Show's that no everyone sees things the same I thought he was the weak link in midfield ( just to say I'm not slating him just my opinion)

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:58 PM
Thought he was excellent. Funny when he thought he was getting subbed and fenlon shouting right at him "where are you going"? LOL.

Please have same midfield for the final.

TornadoHibby
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Show's that no everyone sees things the same I thought he was the weak link in midfield ( just to say I'm not slating him just my opinion)

Nah, that was Tom Soares in terms of his (lack of) defending and pressing opponents as when he wants to he can play a bit!

However, his unwillingness to defend when he should or needs to is a big problem for us IMO! :agree:

cocopops1875
07-05-2012, 11:12 PM
]Nah, that was Tom Soares in terms of his (lack of) defending and pressing opponents as when he wants to he can play a bit! [/B]

However, his unwillingness to defend when he should or needs to is a big problem for us IMO! :agree:

Haha I actually thought he had one of his better games :greengrin but agree its so clear he could play better just seems to lack willingness

1875 NO 1
08-05-2012, 06:49 AM

I agree wiTh you. He has talent but his game lacks effort. He goes through the motions in terms of closing people down and winning the ball back. You see the effort toure puts in for man city. Ozzy should be replecating that. Fenlon constantly at him to up work rate.

fife hfc
08-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I thought Soares played well last night and Ozzy had his moments but does not impose himself enough on the game, for the talent he has.

BarneyK
08-05-2012, 10:00 AM
Neither Soares or Ozzy played badly last night, I would just like to see them both show a bit more confidence in their own abilities. So many times they received the ball in the middle of the park with space ahead and they looked to move it on sideways. They played well but they've plenty more to offer I think.

Albion Hibs
08-05-2012, 11:50 AM
I thought Osbourne and in particular Soares were our best players last night.

Soares delivery from set pieces was key and I would have him on every one from now on. I dont recall us having scored a lot, in fact hardly any goals this season from set pieces and I think the quality of his delivery is key in that. Plus is means rather than have Griffiths taking them he can be in the box looking for the goal, or picking up any scraps.

Pretty Boy
08-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Osbourne is a very good player.

He has quite a laid back look and a funny way of running which can be deceiving but he works his bollocks off.

Though Claros was very good in spells last night too. One of the few in our squad who seems happy to receive the ball in tight areas, never going to be the type to go driving forward but does the simple things well and dictates the pace at times.

Agree with AH re Soares set piece delivery as well.

sahib
08-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Osbourne is a very good player.

He has quite a laid back look and a funny way of running which can be deceiving but he works his bollocks off.

Though Claros was very good in spells last night too. One of the few in our squad who seems happy to receive the ball in tight areas, never going to be the type to go driving forward but does the simple things well and dictates the pace at times.

Agree with AH re Soares set piece delivery as well.

I thought all our midfielders looked much improved, compared to the last time I saw them. If they all hit form then we should compete well, in that area, against the Jambos.