PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Scooter
07-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Great performance from him tonight. I think he needs to work on his positional sense but he looked excellent

HibeeMG
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I agree.

He does tend to get drawn towards the ball, sometimes leaving a man spare.

His passes are simple yet effective.

Tin hat on but he reminds me a little bit of Barry Ferguson. A lot of sideways and backward passes but it helps to settle the team.

hibee_girl
07-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Keep saying it but he's improving with every game :agree:

PeterboroHibee
07-05-2012, 09:47 PM
I like him, keeps it very simple, always wants the ball and his distribution is usually good.

Think his 'nickname' is a bit misleading, where people assume hes going to be a tough tackling defensive midfielder. Doesnt really suit him, hes a ball player and someone who could provide some stability and calm in the midfield (provided he has the right people beside him).

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
Lost count of the tackles he made...and even more so the interceptions...his reading of the game and closing the space is great. Always looks like he has more time on the ball than other players and does everything to maintain possession.

Fans still need a bit of education on benefit of keeping the ball and not just lumping it forward every time as some were shouting for :rolleyes:

I would like to see him play with young Sean in the middle next year as their styles would suit each other

Kato
07-05-2012, 09:56 PM
Takes South American players minimum 6 months to get used the patterns of play in this God Forsaken Footballing backwater.

I like him.

Played ten to fifteen yards further forward in Scotland he could destroy defences but I can understand why PF has played him deeper considering the situation we were in.

The Harp Awakes
07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
Will be a big player for us in the Cup Final. Hampden will suit him. Looking much fitter now and never wastes a ball. Class act.

AlbertK86
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Lost count of the tackles he made...and even more so the interceptions...his reading of the game and closing the space is great. Always looks like he has more time on the ball than other players and does everything to maintain possession.

Fans still need a bit of education on benefit of keeping the ball and not just lumping it forward every time as some were shouting for :rolleyes:

I would like to see him play with young Sean in the middle next year as their styles would suit each other

Yep said to ma laddie the night that he was breaking everything up and really passing well.

Thought Doyle was excellent tonight as well

Benny Brazil
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM
I agree.

He does tend to get drawn towards the ball, sometimes leaving a man spare.

His passes are simple yet effective.

Tin hat on but he reminds me a little bit of Barry Ferguson. A lot of sideways and backward passes but it helps to settle the team.

Was thinking that myself - simple but very effective, never wasted a pass, looks like he has space and time on the ball and always willing to put in a tackle- played well.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2012, 10:19 PM

Been saying this for ages. In the 2nd half tonight he was playing passes back and forth and fans all around me were screaming to get it forward. We were 3-0 up and in control of the game.
It's not all about booting it up front

Jim44
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
He played really well but was knackered by the end.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Will be a big player for us in the Cup Final. Hampden will suit him. Looking much fitter now and never wastes a ball. Class act.

:agree: I'd tell him to man mark Black to stifle their creativity. Of course the emphasis would be on marking him :greengrin

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Just like Doyle, another who made me eat my own words tonight. Hard in the tackle and kept it nice and simple. Well done and more of the same please pitbull.

O'Rourke3
07-05-2012, 11:04 PM
It was between him and Doyle for me - Doyle's miss spoiling an otherwise good night for the boy. Claros was always in the right place at the right time and got the ball. Broke everything up and kept it simple.

greenlex
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Best game in a Hibs shirt. I do however have to add when he sprints he runs like a cartoon.:agree:

Hibeesmad
07-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Currently talking to a jambo who is trying to claim that hibs payed 700k for claros and at the end of the loan deal they get the decision whether they want to pay the add ons to sign the player or to get the 700k back.....is this jambo talking utter crap??? he claimed it was on ssn when we signed him??

truehibernian
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I thought Jorge was off the pace a bit first half, as was Soares, but after a half time pep talk, he came out a hungrier player, as did Soares. Soares played where I like seeing him (second half), wanting the ball, getting in space and driving forward. Claros was very very fluent second half, really tidy. I just think at times he doesn't go whole heartedly into 50/50's often enough, rather he like to try and flick the ball off the opposition player's toes.

McPake and Doyle take all the plaudits for me tonight. Both superb. If Soares didn't always take the easy pass option, what a player is hiding in there. His passing was very good tonight as was his positional awareness second half. Hanlon again solid.

Just a magnificent night, superb support, positive from the off.

Now the cup to win.

stanton_4
08-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I thought he had an excellent game. Don't agree with the comment that he was off the pace in the first half at all. It was clear to me at least that he had been given a specific role and he stuck to it. He broke play up well, harried and tackled effectively, always offered himself for a pass, found men with his own passing and showed a great engine. At the beginning of the match his first instinct seemed to be to turn towards his own goal when he was in possession but as he grew in to the game and gained confidence he started to look forward and find men. If he maintains this kind of performance he will be an important player next season.

Barney McGrew
08-05-2012, 07:46 AM
He's got a very intelligent footballing brain if you know what I mean, always knows where the next pass will go before he receives the ball and keeps calm and does the simple things when under pressure.

I think with a full preseason behind him and a couple of other decent 'footballers' around him he'll be outstanding next season.

Judas Iscariot
08-05-2012, 09:09 AM
He's a class act, said this after seeing him in his 1st game..

Best midfielder we have by a mile!

Him & Ozzy at CM with Soares & Ivan either side in the final please

down-the-slope
08-05-2012, 09:14 AM
He's got a very intelligent footballing brain if you know what I mean, always knows where the next pass will go before he receives the ball and keeps calm and does the simple things when under pressure.

I think with a full preseason behind him and a couple of other decent 'footballers' around him he'll be outstanding next season.

:agree: I think the main thing he has had to adjust to is that lack...looking for a player in space often this season has been like hens teeth....as I said earlier..If Sean W's injuries are behind him he may be the solution to having a central midfield that can control the ball and tempo more next season

Thought it was great at the end when he spent ages with the ball boys in the SW corner getting pictures taken...seems to be enjoying being here which is good