PDA

View Full Version : doyle (merged)

The Green Goblin
07-05-2012, 07:45 PM
....great game! Good to see. McPake has been absolutely immense!!!

Watching online in Brazil, and we are looking good. Great to see the stadium well filled as well.

Thumbs up all round. GGTTH

hibsbollah
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Hes been a revelation :agree:

OxoHibby
07-05-2012, 08:02 PM
....great game! Good to see. McPake has been absolutely immense!!!

Watching online in Brazil, and we are looking good. Great to see the stadium well filled as well.

Thumbs up all round. GGTTH

Agree on both counts.
Would also add Claros to the list tonight. Closing down space in midfield well - breaking up play providing a base for other to get forward

NORTHERNHIBBY
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
Not there though.....

The Green Goblin
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Not there though.....

No, not yet, but not far off. I know what you are saying. We are 3-0 up.....and it's Hibs..... ;-)

The Green Goblin
07-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Doyle: great miss, fantastic miss from 1 yard. ;-)

HibeesLA
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Doyle: great miss, fantastic miss from 1 yard. ;-)

Should have had his left on that. Looked like he did everything to set his feet for a right foot shot and that cost him the time.

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Good header from Doyle there, unlucky.

snooky
07-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Playing well but still a lot of unnecessary slack play.

HibsMax
07-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Playing well but still a lot of unnecessary slack play.

As opposed to the necessary slack play. ;)

Ultrabee1-0
07-05-2012, 09:23 PM
apart from his sitter the boy was top class always knew he was a great player as well watch out next season:flag:

brydekirk
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
The man is a poacher, he does'nt many chances the way we play !

lucky
07-05-2012, 09:28 PM
Looked a lot fitter and played very well

The_Todd
07-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Could've had a hat trick if not for the sitter and GO'C not passing to him when he had an open goal in front of him.

Did well tonight.

Purehibee_MYB
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Knew he had that kind of performance in him.. kept the ball really well showed strength and just one glitch with the sitter all in all a great performance from doyle and the team, if only we could have played like that all season!

Malthibby
07-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Been saying he's not got it since he arrived. So glad to be wrong, he was excellent tonight.
GG

Wembley67
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Pushing for a starting role in the final?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
07-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Best, most effective performance for us so far. Well done Eoin.

PeterboroHibee
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
He was very good tonight. Worked so hard, showed a bit of skill and pace, worked well with GOC etc.

The sitted he missed was the only negative on a very good performance (reminded me of when Fletch used to miss tap ins because it wasnt on his left!).

DaveF
07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
An excellent performance from Doyle. Worked hard, looks like he has put on some more weight and showed some great touches.

The sitter was a bit of a shocker though!

AlbertK86
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Thought he was excellent and the reverse pass in the second half after beating his man beautifully was fantastic vision and execution

07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
Not been his biggest fan TBH, but thought he had a really good game tonight :aok:

I would start him v ICT :agree:

Bob Box Fish
07-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Loads of raw talent, just needs to work on his finishing.
Could be a big player for us next season.

Jim44
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
He was very impressive especially in the first half.

Benny Brazil
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Was just saying how well he had been playing when he missed that sitter - shame for him as his performance deserved another goal.

Wotherspiniesta
07-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Definately deserves a mention. Some great positive play from him tonight and looked very lively. Well played the ginger Messi!

Eyrie
07-05-2012, 10:21 PM
Very impressive, and constantly moving to provide teammates with an option.

.Sean.
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Some great touches, good turn of pace, held the ball up well and brings others into the game. Very impressed.

Billy Whizz
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
Looks to have bulked up as well. Got slated for his misses at St Mirren, but got into positions

matty_f
07-05-2012, 10:25 PM
Thought he was excellent this evening. :agree:

Littlest Hobo
07-05-2012, 10:38 PM
I wonder if HiBSRY will admit now that Doyle is good enough? Probably not.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Excellent display. He's got goals in him and I reckon he'll be a regular starter next season

Littlest Hobo
07-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Come on HIBSRY admit you were wrong about Doyle and that Infact he is good enough.

Rivers Cuomo
07-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Played well, brilliant feet, skill and pace.

Glad the lad got a goal, do wonders for his confidence.

greenlex
07-05-2012, 10:43 PM
An excellent performance from Doyle. Worked hard, looks like he has put on some more weight and showed some great touches.

:agree: Agree with this Dave. The best thing that could be said about the miss was at least he was there to miss it. Some of our other strikers would have arrived 5 mins after the ball.:greengrin

Westie1875
07-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Have given him stick in the past but he was very good tonight, hope he keeps it up. :agree:

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 10:49 PM
I lost faith in the guy after his peformance in paisley. But tonight he gladly made me and every other doubter eat their own words. No wonder he was called the 'Green Messi' in Ireland. Here's hoping for more of the same.

O'Rourke3
07-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Thought he was nearly our best player tonight - was just praising his performance to my mate when he went over the ball and missed the sitter. Saw him getting dropped off at the ground around 6.15 and when he got out the car thought it was a youth player.......

BEEJ
07-05-2012, 11:27 PM
:agree: Doyle was excellent.

Great at finding space and has good feet.

JohnStephens91
08-05-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm glad he got a goal, he looks like a good prospect and from what I've seen he had a fantastic match. Hopefully he'll come on leaps and bounds next season and help us to get a top 6 place.

Sammy7nil
08-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I was at a different game to most.

He was good but not great.

I have since day 1 loved his movemen but he needs more.

He needs to bulk up dominate play and put the easy chances in the pokey

P.S. well done tonight

silverhibee
08-05-2012, 12:19 AM

Looks like he has been working on his upper body strength, done well tonight.

Saorsa
08-05-2012, 01:09 AM
The boy done well, he needs a chance and he needs the support of the fans. With that I think he'll dae a job for us.

HoboHarry
08-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Desperate Dan (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?18472-Desperate-Dan)

That applies to every player who wears a Hibs jersey

Saorsa
08-05-2012, 01:27 AM
Desperate Dan (http://www.hibs.net/member.php?18472-Desperate-Dan)

That applies to every player who wears a Hibs jersey:aok:

Emerald
08-05-2012, 03:44 AM
Good perfomance and also glad to be proved wrong. Wel done and keep it up. :thumbsup:

cad
08-05-2012, 03:59 AM
Guy played very well ,think theres a lot more to come ,I agree that he could be a big player for us next season

Dinkydoo
08-05-2012, 06:00 AM
When he turned on the pace last night he was really quick. Some neat link up play and great vision to pick out Soares and Stevenson on the wings time and time again. Keep it up and he'll be a great player for us.

wandering_hibee
08-05-2012, 06:18 AM
Fabulous last night, could be a great player for us next season - definitely needs a bit more confidence which will come.

PeeJay
08-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Thought Doyle was OK last night - he shows signs of being capable of developing into a good player for us, he needs to get some more games under his belt. Perhaps we shouldn't get too carried away with his performance last night (or indeed the team's) - it was against the relegated team, after all?

NAE NOOKIE
08-05-2012, 06:57 AM
Thought his movement and awareness were both spot last night and he does seem to have bulked up a wee bit. A good shout to come on in the final if we need to chase the game.

Give him a good pre season and he could be a really important player for us next season.

PeterboroHibee
08-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Thought Doyle was OK last night - he shows signs of being capable of developing into a good player for us, he needs to get some more games under his belt. Perhaps we shouldn't get too carried away with his performance last night (or indeed the team's) - it was against the relegated team, after all?

We could very well have been the relegated team if they hadnt stepped up (and going hiding would have been the easy thing to do). I thought we played well last night, there was a lot of desire amongst all the players and for the first time in a long time, there was never any doubt that we were going to win that game (with the way we were playing).

For a must win game I was quite suprised at how poor Dunfermline were though, Doyles goal in particular is one of the worst pieces of defending Ive ever seen.

DaveF
08-05-2012, 07:19 AM
We could very well have been the relegated team if they hadnt stepped up (and going hiding would have been the easy thing to do). I thought we played well last night, there was a lot of desire amongst all the players and for the first time in a long time, there was never any doubt that we were going to win that game (with the way we were playing).

For a must win game I was quite suprised at how poor Dunfermline were though, Doyles goal in particular is one of the worst pieces of defending Ive ever seen.

Have you seen some of our defending this season!

Wembley67
08-05-2012, 07:21 AM
Was Doyle a January signing or been here all season?? Couldnt mind last night.

Peevemor
08-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Was Doyle a January signing or been here all season?? Couldnt mind last night.

He was PF's first signing (just before Christmas IIRC).

stanton_4
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
Other than his miss he had a very good game. Looked confident in his own ability when he had the ball at his feet and made good runs off GO. I think all he needs is a few goals to get him off an running.

The Sea-gull
08-05-2012, 12:11 PM
He was great last night, easily his best performance for us.

Those of us who have slated him and said he doesn't look up to it thus far have been right to say that overall. A few more performances like that though and nobody will be questioning him. Folk who are hailing him as a top player now though have got to remember it is one game.

What I have said about him still rings true, he hasn't had a great start but then has come over to a new league, to a struggling team and been in and out of the team. Still far too early to judge him one way or the other. This time next year would be a better time to make a more comprehensive judgement, much like with Pat Fenlon himself.

He should have had more than one goal. The header off the line, the poor connection in front of an open goal and G O'C should have squared it to him for a tap in early in 2nd half. What striker scores with every chance he has though and the fact he is getting in the positions is encouraging.

It may be that he does not become our first choice striker but could be a handy player to have in the squad. If we went into the new season with him, G O'C, Griffiths and one other as our strikers I would be very happy. Then PF and the team just need to get working on midfield and defence.

Cropley10
08-05-2012, 12:28 PM
Playing against the worst team in the League he scores one goal - unmarked, 5 yards out.

Other than that I think he showed what sort of opposition he can play against. Unfortunately though he's not quick, not strong, doesn't win headers and had several one v one opportunities where he didn't beat his man nor play a final pass.

He works hard, runs off the ball intelligently, but I don't think in a month of Sundays he's a 15 goals+ per season player.

Littlest Hobo
08-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Playing against the worst team in the League he scores one goal - unmarked, 5 yards out.

Other than that I think he showed what sort of opposition he can play against. Unfortunately though he's not quick, not strong, doesn't win headers and had several one v one opportunities where he didn't beat his man nor play a final pass.

He works hard, runs off the ball intelligently, but I don't think in a month of Sundays he's a 15 goals+ per season player.

Ye cause you obviously have all the qualities needed to spot a 15 goal a season man. The boy needs to be given a chance, he played well last night. Be happy with that and hope he can keep improving and become that player we all want him to become.

marinello59
08-05-2012, 12:40 PM

This thread was getting dangerously close to praising a player for a very good performance last night. That must have hurt you, well done for damning the guy with faint praise then sticking the boot in.
Doyle was always going to take a wee bit of time to settle in to his game at Hibs. All the signs are that he is doing just that. Will he score 15 goals a season in the SPL? Who knows, but the potential is there. (As long as he doesnt listen to those telling him he has no chance of course.)

Cropley10
08-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Ye cause you obviously have all the qualities needed to spot a 15 goal a season man. The boy needs to be given a chance, he played well last night. Be happy with that and hope he can keep improving and become that player we all want him to become.

I can spot the fact that he doesn't win headers, isn't quick and can't beat a man with the ball at his feet. Not sure how he's going to score many when he's got that going for him. Well done to the lad, he played well against a 1st Division side, but I doubt Andy Webster is having nightmares. If you think he's brilliant and is going to carry on 'improving' good for you, I just have a different opinion.

bawheid
08-05-2012, 12:44 PM
I can spot the fact that he doesn't win headers, isn't quick and can't beat a man with the ball at his feet. Not sure how he's going to score many when he's got that going for him. Well done to the lad, he played well against a 1st Division side, but I doubt Andy Webster is having nightmares. If you think he's brilliant and is going to carry on 'improving' good for you, I just have a different opinion.

Haha. You must have hated last night eh, you old misery guts.

GGTTH.

Cropley10
08-05-2012, 12:45 PM
This thread was getting dangerously close to praising a player for a very good performance last night. That must have hurt you, well done for damning the guy with faint praise then sticking the boot in.
Doyle was always going to take a wee bit of time to settle in to his game at Hibs. All the signs are that he is doing just that. Will he score 15 goals a season in the SPL? Who knows, but the potential is there. (As long as he doesnt listen to those telling him he has no chance of course.)

He's a professional footballer, this is a message board and football is about opinions. What I write on here will have absolutely no bearing on his development nor his current or future ability. I'm not speaking to him so he doesn't have to listen and sensible advice is don't read any 'press' if you're a professional sportsman.

Sorry I'm not impressed, as always I hope he goes on to prove me wrong. I bear him no ill will and all Hibs players get my full support at ER and elsewhere.

Cropley10
08-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Haha. You must have hated last night eh, you old misery guts.

GGTTH.

Oh aye, it was terrible, sitting back after 15 mins knowing that we'd stay up and I then enjoyed watching the rest of the game. Stayed til after the end, applauded the players, sang SoL, hugged my son, shook hands with the guys who sit around me, hoped to see them at Hampden, if not the beginning of next season.

IWasThere2016
08-05-2012, 12:54 PM
I think Doyle's decent - always have. Didn't understand the clammer to write him off tbh.

Scouse Hibee
08-05-2012, 01:13 PM

You're very excitable eh? The boy played exceptionally well last night and of course we all hope he can become the type of player that we want him to be be. However this is not the first time we've seen him play so you're a bit premature jumping on your soapbox criticising folk who have been proved right in their opinions of him based on his previous performances. If he gets a chance I for one hopes he takes it and prove folk like me wrong but let's not kid ourselves that he's done it just yet!

Teuchter Hibbie
08-05-2012, 01:15 PM
I agree with the general consensus that his movement is very good, and that he gets himself into scoring positions often. I think that more game time will definitely see him convert more of his opportunities. Remember in Stokes' first few games for the club, he too showed that he could get himself into those areas, and from memory he missed a couple of sitters early on when he was lacking in match practice. Now, Im not saying Doyle is the new Stokes, but he looks like he has the potential to be a real goal-scoring asset next season. If we can keep a hold of GOC and LG along with Doyle and another striker of similar quality, I don't see lack of goals being a problem.

Future17
08-05-2012, 01:25 PM
I think that, not only did Doyle provide the amount of movement that has been lacking from GOC, he also provided the type of movement that has been lacking from Griffiths.

Alfred E Newman
08-05-2012, 01:29 PM

What a load of garbage.

fitothewalk
08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
in my very humble oppinion griffiths is our best striker scored us the winner at east end park also the winner in the semi not to mention loads of assists.he can kill a ball from any height or pace with a great first touch has loads of speed and a good finisher would be first name on my teamsheet every week