PDA

View Full Version : How much do you want this cup Rod?

One Day Soon
07-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Announce the the signing of James McPake the day before the cup final.

HibeeMG
07-05-2012, 08:53 PM

:top marks

lyonhibs
07-05-2012, 08:55 PM

I don't quite see how the 2 are inextricably linked.

If we sign McPake permanently do we definitely win the Scottish Cup?? :pray:

Sadly not - let's leave all contract chat until after the match, so 100% concentration can be given to lifting that damn cup.

mca
07-05-2012, 08:56 PM

AYE... that will do .. :aok:

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM

Sadly not - let's leave all contract chat until after the match, so 100% concentration can be given to lifting that damn cup.

:agree:

The f*** has it to do with Rod now? We can't sign players before the cup final. Obviously we all want J. McPake signed up, but that's a matter to be settled after the season's finished.

Danderhall Hibs
07-05-2012, 09:01 PM
He didn't sound too fussy about signing at all never mind before the Final! I reckon if he signs it'll be on deadline day.

One Day Soon
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM

Biggest possible boost we could give the fans and the team would be to announce his signing. A declaration of intent and ambition which would lift us way above where we are now.

--------
07-05-2012, 09:03 PM
I personally would prefer it if all the players, including the team captain, concentrated on preparing for the Cup Final now.

Not being distracted by contract talk.

One Day Soon
07-05-2012, 09:06 PM

The f*** has it to do with Rod now? We can't sign players before the cup final. Obviously we all want J. McPake signed up, but that's a matter to be settled after the season's finished.

I tell you what NSF, the contractual cost of James McPake, cup winning captain, would be a hell of a lot higher than James McPake right now. Petrie can do a deal and announce it on the 18th. Of course if he saves it for post cup final he can use it to try and sell season tickets instead. That's why I ask the question: "How much does Rod want this cup?"

One Day Soon
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
I personally would prefer it if all the players, including the team captain, concentrated on preparing for the Cup Final now.

Not being distracted by contract talk.

They can do that Doddie. The deal will be nothing to do with McPake, it will be a matter between Petrie and McPake's agent.

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Captain Fantastic. You have heard what the fans want RP. Now it's time to deliver it. Sign the guy up who could be our first Scottish Cup winning captain in almost 110 years.

GreenCastle
07-05-2012, 09:10 PM
We should be offering the players a big win bonus for the final :agree:

Win the cup and money will be made back easily :agree:

Kato
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM

The f*** has it to do with Rod now? We can't sign players before the cup final.

Pre-contract.

tamig
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Pre-contract.

Aye, but not players who still have more than 6 months left on their contracts - which is McPake's position with Coventry.