PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere Tonight

OxoHibby
07-05-2012, 08:27 PM
Watching from a far the atmosphere sounds the best I've heard at ER for ages.
Good to hear a full East singing

:top marks

Hainan Hibs
07-05-2012, 08:43 PM
Brings back memories of the atmosphere during the good times of the McLeish era.

whiskyhibby
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Gutted I couldn't be there tonight.

Great result though, sounds like they played with passion and some skill GGTTH

mca
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
even on the bbc radio keek scotland - The EAST sounded (almost) like it did in the old stand..

a ****ing huge well done to all that could go and did go..

:top marks for the fans..

Hibs7
07-05-2012, 09:05 PM
Just back.... it was amazing, the crowd were brilliant.. loved it just need a repeat on the 19th

skipster7
07-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Just back.... it was amazing, the crowd were brilliant.. loved it just need a repeat on the 19th
:agree:great atmosphere and it obviously lifted the players to their whirlwind start, brilliant night:hibees

hfc rd
07-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Athomsphere was absolutely wonderful. How I wish it was like this all the time.

frazeHFC
07-05-2012, 09:22 PM
Quality from everyone there. :thumbsup::top marks

:flag:

GreenCastle
07-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Great atmosphere :pfgwa

Shows the potential of Hibs with the fanbase- ER is a great stadium especially when the floodlights are on - The noise came across really well :thumbsup:

Liked the drum and I am sure all our fans will be even louder on the 19th!

Who needs the Old Firm!! :rolleyes:

lucky
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Hibs support was great tonight but a mention for the pars fans who stayed till the end

oldbiker
07-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Hibs support was great tonight but a mention for the pars fans who stayed till the end

their conga with about a dozen in it was brill:thumbsup:

Wembley67
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
I'll admit it, I'm a seriously lapsed supporter that went along tonight and if the atmosphere was 'brilliant' tonight I dread to think what it's been like the last few seasons :cb

The_Todd
07-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Good turnout from both supports, the Pars fans were great even at 4-0. Especially the bams doing the conga at the end!

GreenCastle
07-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Positive crowd and decent quality on show = Hibs win = fortress Easter Road :wink:

Kris1875
07-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Brilliant atmosphere tonight pity it's not like that every week but every hibs fan/ player did there part more of the same please !!!

Frogga
07-05-2012, 09:50 PM
Great atmosphere and it just goes to show the effect it can have on the players! Even at the start as the players were in position ready for kick off a huge roar went up and I noticed Soares shaking his arms around looking absolutely pumped as a result!

It was indeed 'Fortress Easter Road' tonight, let's make sure it's not just a one off :pfgwa

07-05-2012, 09:57 PM
One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at Easter Road - absolutely brilliant :flag:

Bob Box Fish
07-05-2012, 09:58 PM
Watched it on ESPN but strong vocal support came through loud and clear. Well done.

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:00 PM
I'll admit it, I'm a seriously lapsed supporter that went along tonight and if the atmosphere was 'brilliant' tonight I dread to think what it's been like the last few seasons :cb

Might depend on where you were sitting W67? Atmosphere/noise/support excellent around me in the east

Kato
07-05-2012, 10:01 PM
I noticed Soares shaking his arms around looking absolutely pumped as a result!

A lot of good footballing performances and even a club's success comes from players feeling an emotion for a club. Fans can help instill that.

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Must admit it all felt a bit odd...Rammed ground...loads of support...team ripping apart their opponents...me felling relaxed and ENJOYING football on display.....

All very non Hibs :greengrin...could get used to it with practice :cb

Wembley67
07-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Might depend on where you were sitting W67? Atmosphere/noise/support excellent around me in the east

Twas at the start of the terracing and admittedly there was some atmosphere coming from the far end but certainly nothing too write home about, maybe I was just unlucky.

Not actually complaining as I thoroughly enjoyed it (too the extent of possibly getting a season), just commenting that I didn't think it was a great as folk are making out.

HibeeSince85
07-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Twas at the start of the terracing and admittedly there was some atmosphere coming from the far end but certainly nothing too write home about, maybe I was just unlucky.

Not actually complaining as I thoroughly enjoyed it (too the extent of possibly getting a season), just commenting that I didn't think it was a great as folk are making out.

Since as you admitted yourself you've no been to many games you've not had to sit through some rank matches with the atmosphere of a morgue.

That was what Easter Road should be like every week, that and more.

P.S - Get the season buddy!

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 10:16 PM

Fair do's :aok:

Get that seaso - you know you want too :greengrin

jabis
07-05-2012, 10:24 PM
have to say,I was very dissapointed in the singing.

there was absolutley NO counterpoint harmonizing,the famous 5 were at least a half bar behind the east,and god only knows where the west stand get there singing lessons.

probably aldi's.

Hibernia&Alba
07-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Athomsphere was absolutely wonderful. How I wish it was like this all the time.

Yes, that's how football should be. Great night all round.
:flag:

Jonnyboy
have to say,I was very dissapointed in the singing.

there was absolutley NO counterpoint harmonizing,the famous 5 were at least a half bar behind the east,and god only knows where the west stand get there singing lessons.

probably aldi's.

:greengrin

C'mon Petrie, get Gareth Malone signed pronto

Booked4Being-Ugly
Had a great night thanks to Bob1875 who was kind enough to give me a free ticket for the East.

Bob if you're reading this you're a gentleman.

:aok:
(http://www.hibs.net/member.php?5806-Bob1875)

jabis
07-05-2012, 10:31 PM

C'mon Petrie, get Gareth Malone signed pronto

splendid.

SloopJB
07-05-2012, 10:35 PM
It would have been good to have had a wee chant for John Yorkston. Send out a message.

LancashireHibby
07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Was on row Z in S43 and it was a fantastic atmosphere, never stopped from start to finish. The best I've heard at ER in years. Loved it.

Riordans Boots
07-05-2012, 10:48 PM

Heard you let a few swears out there. I was behiiiiiiind you :agree:

Benny Brazil
07-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Was a good atomsphere - tooka bit of time to get going again in the 2nd half but plenty of encouragement all round- if I'm being picky it was a bit embarrassing singing We are staying up - a club like Hibs shouldnt be in the position we are - but thats probably for another discussion.:greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-05-2012, 11:07 PM

How ******** dare you I do not *********** swear :greengrin

How come you never said hello? I'm well affronted :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Atmosphere was all right no more IMO. Actually a bit surprised to hear folk say on here how good it was!

LeithBoozy
07-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I was in the FF, they were even joining in the singing well there tonight. The linesman flagged a couple of Hibs players offside a few times when it was tight, the thing that struck me was the roars of disapproval from the East. I thought at the time that the guy was looking flustered, well after giving the fourth as over the line. It goes to show just how much the officials can be intimidated from a bouncing East stand. ! :wink:

DMR1875
07-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Must admit it all felt a bit odd...Rammed ground...loads of support...team ripping apart their opponents...me felling relaxed and ENJOYING football on display.....

All very non Hibs :greengrin...could get used to it with practice :cb

It could happen mate, we all just have to go to the games.:flag:

RIP
07-05-2012, 11:45 PM

So behind me as well Susan - I stand on the other side of the aisle from JC

Next time - come and say hello to us singing section oldies :greengrin

WindyMiller
07-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Had a great night thanks to Bob1875 who was kind enough to give me a free ticket for the East.

Bob if you're reading this you're a gentleman.

:aok:
(http://www.hibs.net/member.php?5806-Bob1875)

If that's you on your avatar he maybe has an ulterior motive.

:whistle:

Andy Bee
07-05-2012, 11:59 PM
If the West joins in with "The Bounce" it's certainly a decent atmosphere. I'll admit that it wasn't up to AEK standards but if the majority of games were like that we wouldn't have dropped so many points at ER lately. The support played its part tonight there's no doubt.

R'Albin
08-05-2012, 12:03 AM
The end of the east that I was in at the opposite side was awful, totally silent and had two really irritating kids and two moaners right behind me.

Aside from that was a decent atmosphere I thought. Think it was just the number of folk there more than anything that made it great.

Sammy7nil
08-05-2012, 12:09 AM
One of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced at Easter Road - absolutely brilliant :flag:

I truly feel sorry for you.

The atmosphere was okay at best and dead by 16 mins.

Hibs crowds used to bounce and were absolutely FAB not tonight. No need.

Tonight was a 5 out of 10 down due to the game being dead after 16 mins.

Great Hibs support (numbers) though

wearethehibs
08-05-2012, 12:20 AM
I truly feel sorry for you.

The atmosphere was okay at best and dead by 16 mins.

Hibs crowds used to bounce and were absolutely FAB not tonight. No need.

Tonight was a 5 out of 10 down due to the game being dead after 16 mins.

Great Hibs support (numbers) though

Well done bringing down the mood. I thought it was a good atmosphere tonight. It was not dead after 16 minutes. I cant remember not singing at 1 point during the game. Thats what sitting in S43 is all about

Sammy7nil
08-05-2012, 12:31 AM
Well done bringing down the mood. I thought it was a good atmosphere tonight. It was not dead after 16 minutes. I cant remember not singing at 1 point during the game. Thats what sitting in S43 is all about

Great stuff 400 people out of 16000 if you thought that was great !!! Lets hope the final fans are FANTASTIC it really was okay but lets not get carried away.

P.S. well done sect 43 without you it would be like a morgue.

wearethehibs
08-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Great stuff 400 people out of 16000 if you thought that was great !!! Lets hope the final fans are FANTASTIC it really was okay but lets not get carried away.

I did just say good not great lol. Its been 1 of the best this season thats prob why its been considered a great atmosphere

Pete
08-05-2012, 12:43 AM

I think you're being a bit harsh. There's always a lively group among a support that keeps the songs going etc...but there was singing in all corners.

Of course the atmosphere wasn't as good as some games in the past with the old ground but it was like the Rio carnival compared to other games this season. Relatively fantastic I'd say.

It was more of a party atmosphere tonight.

Andy Bee
08-05-2012, 12:52 AM

Not to mention the rubberised pizza and the lack of legroom in hospitality, I'll tell you what, it's a good job I didn't try the hotdogs or there may be hell to pay. :agree:

LancashireHibby
08-05-2012, 02:40 AM
So behind me as well Susan - I stand on the other side of the aisle from JC

Next time - come and say hello to us singing section oldies :greengrin
I do believe I bumped in to your brother at one of the collection buckets on Albion Road - asked how much the Leigh Hibs chucked in with spare change!

Dashing Bob S
08-05-2012, 02:50 AM
Still insomniac with rage. Left the ground after 20 mins due to hearing Jim Jeffries described as a 'fat mess'.

No need.

Posh Swanny
08-05-2012, 07:55 AM
I was in the FF, they were even joining in the singing well there tonight. The linesman flagged a couple of Hibs players offside a few times when it was tight, the thing that struck me was the roars of disapproval from the East. I thought at the time that the guy was looking flustered, well after giving the fourth as over the line. It goes to show just how much the officials can be intimidated from a bouncing East stand. ! :wink:

Best thing about that is both were clearly offside!

Gatecrasher
08-05-2012, 09:32 AM
It was a good atmosphere last night, you could almost feel the pressure lift after the 2nd and it did go a bit quiet in the middle but who cares. Good crowd, good atmosphere and a nice moment at the end with the players coming back out to applaud the fans.

hibsbollah
08-05-2012, 11:18 AM
That 1 was for the fans! atmosphere was amazing! Tweets McPake.

truehibernian
08-05-2012, 11:28 AM
What happened to the fan who was rugby tackled over the pitchside hoarding during the lap of honour ? Was it a Hibs fan ? And can the steward kick a ball......lightening reactions ! Hope it was just a wee ticking off, no more.