PDA

View Full Version : So. Are we keeping McPake & Griffiths?

judas
07-05-2012, 11:57 AM
A few weeks ago I stated that McPake was on 9k per week at Coventry (I actually put 9000k by mistake). I was advised that this was total pash and that he was on nothing like that amount.

Well, now I am hearing that Griffiths is on 13k at Wolves.

My argument, on the basis that I am correct, is that we simply can't hold on to these players. Views?

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
A few weeks ago I stated that McPake was on 9k per week at Coventry (I actually put 9000k by mistake). I was advised that this was total pash and that he was on nothing like that amount.

My argument, on the basis that I am correct, is that we simply can't hold on to these players if my figures are correct. Views?

Do you seriously believe that Griffiths is on 13k a week? Seriously?
Would doubt that his basic will get anywhere near half of that figure.

judas
07-05-2012, 12:03 PM

I don't know. But he is contracted to Wolves is he not? These clubs have money to play with and I would not expect £13k to be out of place there, even for a fringe player.

BEEJ
07-05-2012, 12:04 PM

My argument, on the basis that I am correct, is that we simply can't hold on to these players if my figures are correct. Views?
If their actual earnings are even half of those figures you've quoted, and the relegation at their respective clubs does not lead to their release from those clubs in the summer, they will indeed be playing their football back down South next season.

007 Mickey Weir
07-05-2012, 12:06 PM
I would expect that both are on 5k a week at most! If we can give them 2-3k a week and a signing on fee I think they will come. Nothing will be agreed until we sort out what league we are in next year!!

easty
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM

My argument, on the basis that I am correct, is that we simply can't hold on to these players. Views?

I actually laughed out loud sitting at my desk at work reading that! You cant possibly believe thats true?

Sean1875
07-05-2012, 12:07 PM
I definitely read that when McCarthy was still in charge at Wolves that Griffiths was no longer needed there. Now there's a new boss in place and theyve been relegated, im not so sure. There's no way Griffiths is a PL player but could see him being a team player for Wolves in the Championship.

McPake is anybodys guess, obviously the passions there but whether he sees a future with us is unclear. If he is on those sort of wages though Coventry will no doubt be looking to get rid as im sure they're in the financial muck and relegation will not have helped them.

judas
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM
I actually laughed out loud sitting at my desk at work reading that! You cant possibly believe thats true?

To be honest, I am pleased you find it ridiculous and I hope it is (in fact I am feeling buoyed by my apparent mis-calc).

But if average earnings in the premiership (befor bonuses) are now just over £22k then surely I cant be far of the mark for Griffiths?

easty
07-05-2012, 12:14 PM
To be honest, I am pleased you find it ridiculous and I hope it is (in fact I am feeling buoyed by my apparent mis-calc).

But if average earnings in the premiership (befor bonuses) are now just over £22k then surely I cant be far of the mark for Griffiths?

I read the other week that Danny Wellbeck was close to getting a new contract at Man Utd, and that at current he is on £15k a week. I find that believeable. If Leigh Griffiths agent managed to talk Wolves into paying him even half of that a week then he's bloody good at his job!

Sudds_1
07-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Trouble is........even if it is half of that amount, its still twice what the top end of Hibs Salaries are (as I understand the position.........)

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't know. But he is contracted to Wolves is he not? These clubs have money to play with and I would not expect £13k to be out of place there, even for a fringe player.

Your saying that you are being told he is on 13k, then you are saying you dont know what hes on? Bizarre!

easty
07-05-2012, 12:17 PM
Trouble is........even if it is half of that amount, its still twice what the top end of Hibs Salaries are (as I understand the position.........)

and i'd be surprised if he's on half of £15k a week.

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2012, 12:17 PM

Given that the average will be massively skewed by Tevez, Rooney et al., without having done any calculations I'd guess that a player right at the bottom of that food chain, i.e. a squad player at a relegation fodder club, i.e. Sparky, would have to be on considerably less than £22k for the numbers to add up. Ah ken there's more players in the league like Sparky than there are like Tevez, but Man City's squad alone must drag the average salary up by a ridiculous amount.

jgl07
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM

Are you jesting?

Remember the PL average includes the likes of Tevez, Yaya Toure, Rooney, etc who are on in excess of £250,000 a week.

Wolves are nowhere near the top payers in the PL as is evidenced by their relegation this season.

Griffiths was signed from Dundee so they would not exactly have to push the boat out to given him a big pay increase. He is not going to be on anywhere near the top wages within the Wolves team.

And normally to earn bonuses a player has to play for the first team or at least make the squad.

PaulSmith
07-05-2012, 12:23 PM
Sure I heard that a fee of £100k for McPake was part of the loan deal :agree:

judas
07-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Your saying that you are being told he is on 13k, then you are saying you dont know what hes on? Bizarre!

Correct. I am being told. But is it correct? I am speculating.

Sean1875
07-05-2012, 12:25 PM
Sure I heard that a fee of £100k for McPake was part of the loan deal :agree:

As in we had to pay 100k to get him on loan, or thats a future fee to get him on a permanent deal?

easty
07-05-2012, 12:29 PM

Naw. It's no correct. You can now tell people that you're being told he's on considerably less than that. :wink:

hibsforeurope
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Tht Jonsson is on 12k at Wolves but he is a 1st team player and would of been on a decent amount at Hertz also. There is no way a surplus to requirements squad player coming from Dundee is on more than this. anyone know what Fletch is on there?

PaulSmith
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM
As in we had to pay 100k to get him on loan, or thats a future fee to get him on a permanent deal?

Deal was a loan with option to buy for £100k

IWasThere2016
07-05-2012, 12:31 PM

Ya Ya Toure is on £280k a week .. and the top sides players earn multi-millions .. meaning to get an average of £22k there have to be many on much much lower than this eg LG. £13k is miles off the mark IMHO.

HibeeMassive
07-05-2012, 12:33 PM
McPake told me last week there's a significant difference between what he's on at the moment and what he believes Hibs pay - what he did say though is that the duration of his next contract would be far more important to him than the salary, within reason I'd imagine.

There had been no discussions up to last Sunday, focus being on the league position then any talks would follow.

frazeHFC
07-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Deal was a loan with option to buy for £100k

Thats a steal! Hopefully wages can be sorted.

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 12:38 PM

And I am being told that Lord Lucan has spent his entire time in hiding in a treehouse down Leith Links, apparently he was spotted canoodling with Port Of Leith owner Mary Moriarty.

DH1875
07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Erm........Was Christian Daily no on £28k a week at West Ham? The moral being, Anythings possible.

Albion Hibs
07-05-2012, 12:46 PM
I would have thought McPake would be doing well to be on 5k per week down there, and if Griffiths is on any more than 2-3k I would be very surprised given the was an unknown signed from a club where he was maybe on £600-£800 per week.

Money aside it is all going to come down to where we are playing next season, and that will be more from their point of view than Hibs I would have thought.

I would take Griffiths no doubt and McPake we will just have to wait and see.

Gettin' Auld
07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
I won't say how i know, but £13K a week?.......He doesn't even get 1/4 of that at Wolves.

easty
07-05-2012, 12:52 PM
I won't say how i know, but £13K a week?.......He doesn't even get 1/4 of that at Wolves.

how do you know?:rolleyes::wink:

Broken Gnome
07-05-2012, 12:54 PM
McPake told me last week there's a significant difference between what he's on at the moment and what he believes Hibs pay - what he did say though is that the duration of his next contract would be far more important to him than the salary, within reason I'd imagine.

There had been no discussions up to last Sunday, focus being on the league position then any talks would follow.

All depends how much demand there is for McPake else where really. If not much, then quite likely offering 3/4k a week on a three year deal as club captain and figurehead might well be attractive enough.

Likewise, Griffiths might well take the most attractive offer up here to be with his kids (presuming they're based in Scotland). Then again, Wolves are losing Fletcher and Doyle so being a Championship squad player and having extra cash for his family might sway it.

Hard to say. With total bias, I'd hope Hibs have made enough of an impression on both that money issues would be easily overcome.

KeithTheHibby
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
If LG is on 13k apparently what on earth must Matt Doherty, George Francombe and Tom Soares be on?

pentlando
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Anyone with the PC game Football Manager 2012 will be able to tell us roughly what both McPake and Griffiths are on. I know they are usually frighteningly accurate with their wages 'guesses'.

Ultrabee1-0
07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Steven fletcher is on 10k a week so no way is sparky on 13?

hibee81
07-05-2012, 01:23 PM
Leigh is on about 3.2 k a week at wolves, according to football manager and i would assume that is about right.

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 01:25 PM
Steven fletcher is on 10k a week so no way is sparky on 13?

Would be staggered if Fletcher isnt earning in the region of 20k a week.
Sure he was 14k at Burnley & then made an 8million move to Wolves.

ElginHibbie
07-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Anyone with the PC game Football Manager 2012 will be able to tell us roughly what both McPake and Griffiths are on. I know they are usually frighteningly accurate with their wages 'guesses'.

On the most recent update of the game, with McPake at Hibs, it's got McPake on 3k and Griffiths on 2k. It also has Soares on 8k.

Albanian Hibs
07-05-2012, 01:40 PM
my dad just picked up leigh in his taxi and dropped him up town where he was meeting his other half in primark. surely someone who is on 13k a week would spend it elsewhere. no offence to primark :-)

dirtydirk
07-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Would be staggered if Fletcher isnt earning in the region of 20k a week.
Sure he was 14k at Burnley & then made an 8million move to Wolves.

This might seem crazy money but am sure I read when fletch signed for wolves it was for about 40k a week. Which would fit in considering he is wolves record signing.

--------
07-05-2012, 01:42 PM
And I am being told that Lord Lucan has spent his entire time in hiding in a treehouse down Leith Links, apparently he was spotted canoodling with Port Of Leith owner Mary Moriarty.

A treehouse down Leith Links? How did he get planning permission for that?

And where is he stabling Shergar?

Eyrie
07-05-2012, 01:44 PM
On the most recent update of the game, with McPake at Hibs, it's got McPake on 3k and Griffiths on 2k. It also has Soares on 8k.

If true, that would make both McPake and Griffiths affordable in real life. Coincidentally, £2k was what I paid Griffiths when I signed him from Dundee for £700k in FM11, the only difference being he scores more goals in the game.

Broken Gnome
07-05-2012, 01:45 PM
This might seem crazy money but am sure I read when fletch signed for wolves it was for about 40k a week. Which would fit in considering he is wolves record signing.

Fairly sure it was in the 35-40k region.

You don't sign for a Premiership club for £7.5m and earn 10k a week.....

Sammy7nil
07-05-2012, 01:48 PM

I heard Leigh is on £2k a week the same as Pat Fenlon

I would think that is much nearer the mark than the 13k

judas
07-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Good news.

My info is single fish and these players are within reach, if we are ambitious enough.

Lets get them both on deals.

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
A treehouse down Leith Links? How did he get planning permission for that?

And where is he stabling Shergar?

Apparently he has cunningly disguised his tree house as a greenpeace protest, the locals hve tried using air rifles to shoot him down but with no luck. It took a 35th minute Junior Agogo effort at goal at nearby Easter Rd stadium to bring the bearded protestor down, it was at this point that Mary Moriarty appeared on Shergar to whisk the rugged Lord Lucan from the clutches of the law... Or so someone told me!

judas
07-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Apparently he has cunningly disguised his tree house as a greenpeace protest, the locals hve tried using air rifles to shoot him down but with no luck. It took a 35th minute Junior Agogo effort at goal at nearby Easter Rd stadium to bring the bearded protestor down, it was at this point that Mary Moriarty appeared on Shergar to whisk the rugged Lord Lucan from the clutches of the law... Or so someone told me!

OK. Point taken. :greengrin

Leith Green
07-05-2012, 02:21 PM
OK. Point taken. :greengrin

:thumbsup:

Phil MaGlass
08-05-2012, 01:38 PM
If we cant keep a hold of GOC or Griffiths Id love to see this lad at Hibs,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dmitri_Bulykin

just been released from Ajax, 8 goals in 18 appearances most as a sub,
scored 21 the season before .Great at holding the ball up and setting up goals aswell, all round striker.

woodythehibee
08-05-2012, 03:18 PM

scored 21 the season before .Great at holding the ball up and setting up goals aswell, all round striker.

Email our Head Scout. He has responded a few times to fans who have spotted potential in the country they reside. Let us know how you get on :agree:

ManBearPig
08-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Can someone put Football Manager on and check what sparky is on and put this to rest?:wink:

pentlando
08-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Looks like a cracking player but would imagine he would be far out our reach. Anyone with a CV including two Russian clubs, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, Anderlecht and 15 caps with 7 goals from Russia should not be chomping at the bit to come and earn 3k a week at E.R. Not showing a lack of ambition, just some realism.

Del Boy
08-05-2012, 04:38 PM
I would hope we push the boat out for McPake, griffiths I'm no too fussed about really.

SmokieJoe
10-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Hello all, been on the far side of mars, sorry all if posted before but what is happeneing with th enon gay GOC, James McPake and any other new signings?

Agaian appologies etc..