PDA

View Full Version : Rod Tell Us How You'll Vote On Huns

Weir7
07-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Rod should come clean and tell fans re the club's stance on huns \ new co \ financial fair play rules.

No political spin. A clear simple message with the reasoning to support the view.

Fans can then make up their own mind what they do with the info.

lord bunberry
07-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Rod should come clean and tell fans re the club's stance on huns \ new co \ financial fair play rules.

No political spin. A clear simple message with the reasoning to support the view.

Fans can then make up their own mind what they do.

i suspect he will say something similar to what the killie chairman said yesterday. to be honest the whole thing stinks it wont stop me going to watch hibs but i wont be going to any games involving rangers and i would urge others to follow suit. it would take very severe penaltys inflicated on rangers to change my mind on this

Weir7
07-05-2012, 10:19 AM
i suspect he will say something similar to what the killie chairman said yesterday. to be honest the whole thing stinks it wont stop me going to watch hibs but i wont be going to any games involving rangers and i would urge others to follow suit. it would take very severe penaltys inflicated on rangers to change my mind on this

That is why we need the facts from Rod.

Mikeystewart
07-05-2012, 11:09 AM
They may all vote for it, with their own clubs security in the SPL guaranteed then there is little motivation to spend wisely. The silly spending may commence. If I don't hear about Hibs making a 500 million euro bid for messi before the transfer window closes I wont be back at ER :devil::wink:

These measures will ensure zero sporting integrity and zero financial integrity. final Nail in the coffin in which scottish football rests blah de blah.

Vini1875
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM
I think it is a moral argument versus a financial argument for most clubs. I don't know about the finances at Hibs where the huns are concerned. My gut feeling is that we don't need them and may actually prosper with them gone even accounting for the TV money.

RP is the guy who will know the facts, but the issue will be whether or not he should vote against the huns, so that he can keep the Hibs fans onside. Either way its a gamble. Personally I think Rod should follow what the fans want, its our club and he is just the custodian.

Tha Cabbage Kid
07-05-2012, 11:32 AM
if you have money, you can do what you want!

no other club outside of the oldfim would get this treatment. therefore its a league of two.

at the end of the day it should be in the rules. if they stay in the SPL then it should count for every other club that ends up in this position.

lucky
07-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Clubs will let them back in due to the money involved.No SPL club can afford to lose £1.2 a year.
It does not bother me if it happens but they should face sanctions such as a loss of 75% of SPL earnings

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2012, 11:46 AM
No SPL club can afford to lose £1.2 a year.

Alright Rod, if I chuck in the £1.20 will you vote against it?

Actually, f*** it, I've got £13.20 in my pocket, I'll pay off all 11 clubs.

smurf
07-05-2012, 11:48 AM
Without sporting integrity we would all be as well calling it a day. The arguement that without them we would die is absurd. What SPL club relegated and therefore without them has died?

Hibs must make a stand.

Beefster
07-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Clubs will let them back in due to the money involved.No SPL club can afford to lose £1.2 a year.
It does not bother me if it happens but they should face sanctions such as a loss of 75% of SPL earnings

I don't believe for a second that Rangers account for a sixth or seventh of our income.

smurf
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
I don't believe for a second that Rangers account for a sixth or seventh of our income.

They are arriving at that figure by discounting all sponsorship and tv money I would have thought?

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM

I think the figure of £1.2m is the Sky money we get.

Beefster
07-05-2012, 12:01 PM
They are arriving at that figure by discounting all sponsorship and tv money I would have thought?

I knew that, tbf. I just can't believe that folk are buying the scare stories. Things aren't binary either - it's not all the TV money or none of the TV money.

nonshinyfinish
07-05-2012, 12:09 PM
I knew that, tbf. I just can't believe that folk are buying the scare stories. Things aren't binary either - it's not all the TV money or none of the TV money.

Just as well, or we'd be looking at losing £100100100111110000000 per season.

DH1875
07-05-2012, 12:10 PM

Erm....... I take it that's each :confused:. Have SKY actually ever came out and said there would be NO deal? Fair enough they might not pay what their paying but they WOULD be paying something so the figures are wrong straight off.

Ozyhibby
07-05-2012, 12:11 PM
We only got £700k from sky last year.

hibsforeurope
07-05-2012, 12:16 PM
With no TV contract a return to 3pm Saturday kick offs should produce the extra 2-3000 supporters to make up the £1.2m short fall. The issue should not be about revenue anyway, if a Newco is allowed to waltz straight back in to the league after accuiring a big squad and assests that they had no intention of paying for what is to stop others from doing the same? It will turn the league into a bigger farce than it already is. Any newco or new club in the SPL should only be allowed in if they win the 1st division title.

lapsedhibee
07-05-2012, 12:17 PM
We only got £700k from sky last year.

What? Are you suggesting that there's misinformation being put about? Surely the press would be all over that? :wink:

WindyMiller
07-05-2012, 12:27 PM

The new deal,(which hasn't been signed yet) is £80m over 5 years.
Split as below:

+ All revenues generated by the SPL are effectively put into one pot. This money comes from TV deals and other commercial contracts.

+ A support payment to the SFL and parachute payments to recently relegated clubs are then removed. All associated costs of running the SPL are also deducted.

+ The remaining amount is split two ways to the member clubs: 48% is divided equally between all 12 clubs while 52% is distributed to teams dependant upon their final league position.

+ The higher up the table that a club finishes, the more money they will receive - see table below.

League position - % of cash pot

1 - 4% + 13% = 17%
2 - 4% + 11% = 15%
3 - 4% + 5.5% = 9.5%
4 - 4% + 4.5% = 8.5%
5 - 4% + 4.0% = 8.0%
6 - 4% + 3.5% = 7.5%
7 - 4% + 3.0% = 7.0%
8 - 4% + 2.5% = 6.5%
9 - 4% + 2.0% = 6.0%
10 - 4% + 1.5% = 5.5%
11 - 4% + 1.0% = 5.0%
12 - 4% + 0.5% = 4.5%

On average we've finished 6th, giving us 7.5% of the pot i.e. £1.2m., minus the SPL costs.

I can't believe we wouldn't find some sort of T.V. deal.

DH1875
07-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I already posted this on another thread but the point still stands.

Why has no one within a "high position" within Scottish football or media come out and really questioned why we need Rangers. I just don't get the argument for keeping them. Look at it from a Hibs point of view, we've had one game against them this season (at ER) so what's that £98k in ticket sales on their side. How much does it cost to police the game? Deduct the extra amount compared to a normal game from the £98k. Even IF you add in hospitality and the likes I seriously doubt they bring us in more than £100k a game. Flip that round and lets say we lose 1k season ticket holders because their back in (probably more). That's a loss of of about £405,000 a season before you even start thinking about what they spend in the stadium. That's at least a difference of £300k. Add in we would have a better chance of winning trophies and making Europe and the extra revenue that brings in, I don't get it. ESPN have already said they will continue to screen the games, which leaves SKY. Have they ever come out and said there would be NO contract? They might not offer the full amount, but then Rangers get a massive chunk of it as it stands.
Rod has to vote them out. Keeping them in the SPL could kill us more than kicking them out.

Feed the troll :greengrin:troll:.

To cut it short, we don't need them. Never have and never will. If the likes of Killie are gonna go down the toilet then tough cookies.

DH1875
07-05-2012, 12:37 PM
On average we've finished 6th, giving us 7.5% of the pot i.e. £1.2m., minus the SPL costs.

I can't believe we wouldn't find some sort of T.V. deal.

So the £1.2m is over 5 years? If we were to lose 2k ST holders over the next 5 years because of a new co it's........................ £4,050,000. No difference eh :rolleyes:. And like I said before, we'd have a better chance of finishing higher in the league and winning trophies and the like :aok:.

Thecat23
07-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I already posted this on another thread but the point still stands.

Why has no one within a "high position" within Scottish football or media come out and really questioned why we need Rangers. I just don't get the argument for keeping them. Look at it from a Hibs point of view, we've had one game against them this season (at ER) so what's that £98k in ticket sales on their side. How much does it cost to police the game? Deduct the extra amount compared to a normal game from the £98k. Even IF you add in hospitality and the likes I seriously doubt they bring us in more than £100k a game. Flip that round and lets say we lose 1k season ticket holders because their back in (probably more). That's a loss of of about £405,000 a season before you even start thinking about what they spend in the stadium. That's at least a difference of £300k. Add in we would have a better chance of winning trophies and making Europe and the extra revenue that brings in, I don't get it. ESPN have already said they will continue to screen the games, which leaves SKY. Have they ever come out and said there would be NO contract? They might not offer the full amount, but then Rangers get a massive chunk of it as it stands.
Rod has to vote them out. Keeping them in the SPL could kill us more than kicking them out.

Feed the troll :greengrin:troll:.

To cut it short, we don't need them. Never have and never will. If the likes of Killie are gonna go down the toilet then tough cookies.

100% agree with this mate, good post. As for Sky pulling out, who cares? Back to 3pm kick of times on a sat. I think folk forget football was alive and kicking long before Sky invested anything. God forbid we have to blood good young Scottish players!!!! People who want Rangers in this league are deluded. SPL would actually be stronger as more teams would want that CL spot. Hearts proved by coming 2nd that year the fans packed out home and away grounds. The same would happen if it were us or anyone else. Media spout so much rubbish it's laughable. Rangers should be binned end of. If not then its going to be the same poor SPL we've seen for far to long, and those that want them in can't moan when it's the same 2 finishing 1st and 2nd.

Jack
07-05-2012, 12:41 PM
That is why we need the facts from Rod.

I don't think Rod has all the facts either which is why I suspect he's not shooting his mouth off like some of the others.

That, and there's still a lot more to come by way of outcomes from other investigations. Some of which IMO are much more serious, double contracts for example, which could lead to the suspension of their licence FULL STOP! < I know that’s an exclamation mark :greengrin

Without sporting integrity we would all be as well calling it a day. The arguement that without them we would die is absurd. What SPL club relegated and therefore without them has died?

Hibs must make a stand.

Agreed, when the time comes.

HFC 0-7
07-05-2012, 12:44 PM
So the £1.2m is over 5 years? If we were to lose 2k ST holders over the next 5 years because of a new co it's........................ £4,050,000. No difference eh :rolleyes:. And like I said before, we'd have a better chance of finishing higher in the league and winning trophies and the like :aok:.

No, the 1.2 million is per year, the pot each year will be about 16,000,000 a 6th place finish nets you 1.2 million.

hibsdaft70
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Here's a scenario, they get voted back into the SPL by short sighted Chairmen. Rangers big names bolt in the summer rather than take wage cuts and they have to field their U19s instead in the SPL. They struggle to compete on a level playing field and finish in the bottom six at the split. Do SKY and ESPN pull out of a deal cos there is not a fourth OF game? Do they bring in a new rule so they can't be relegated using the excuse that us "also rans" can't survive. It is utter nonsense! I would rather Hibs struggled on for a couple of years with reduced cash in a more competative league than see those cheating swines get back in the SPL. Just saying!! Rod - morals or money?

Jim44
07-05-2012, 12:56 PM
It would be gratifying to hear that Petrie had sided with Yorkston. However, I don't think we will find out who voted what way but I honestly suspect that Dunfermline will be out on a limb. It's ironic that they are the SPL club who are least likely to be 'needing' Rangers' 'dirty money' next year. The perverse side of me hopes that all the yes men from clubs who will side with Rangers get their financial come-uppence next season or the season after. I hope the threats of reprisals from fans aren't just empty words.

HFC 0-7
07-05-2012, 01:04 PM
I refuse to believe that if SKY did pull the plug that some sort of other deal couldnt be agreed. We are basically saying that we would lose 1.2 million per year if we had NO tv deal. I smaller TV deal with a better split, ie, position 1 and 2 not getting the biggest slice then the financial hit wouldnt be as bad for the majority of SPL clubs as people are making out. With a smaller TV deal it may mean the number of games live on TV would reduce resulting in better KO times. Petrie has already stated that the KO times are effecting crowds, I would assume this will be the same for other clubs as well.

Sas_The_Hibby
07-05-2012, 01:12 PM
Alright Rod, if I chuck in the £1.20 will you vote against it?

Actually, f*** it, I've got £13.20 in my pocket, I'll pay off all 11 clubs.

Surely you'll fall of the rules about not having an investment in more than one club in the same league, nsf! You oligarchs, with your tens of pounds to throw around - you're all the same! :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
07-05-2012, 01:16 PM
With no TV contract a return to 3pm Saturday kick offs should produce the extra 2-3000 supporters to make up the £1.2m short fall. The issue should not be about revenue anyway, if a Newco is allowed to waltz straight back in to the league after accuiring a big squad and assests that they had no intention of paying for what is to stop others from doing the same? It will turn the league into a bigger farce than it already is. Any newco or new club in the SPL should only be allowed in if they win the 1st division title.

Not sure a return to 3pm Saturdays would add as many fans as that, TBH, but it would add some. Plus there would be more fans at games that would have been televised, so I agree with your basic point that we wouldn't 'lose' the entire £1.2million.

Gingertosser
07-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I think we should have a chorus of "one John Yorkston" at tonights game,
it might give Rod a nudge in the right direction

obviously after we have gone 3-0 up

Jim44
07-05-2012, 01:27 PM
Keep in mind also that SPL players have a part to play in this as well. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I suspect that they will generally be in favour of keeping Rangers in the SPL as it affects their income. If, as is unlikely, the vote goes against Rangers, they will have to accept a reduction in salary. Is it not strange that the body of people who stand to be most seriously affected by the outcome have not commented on it yet.

esjorto
07-05-2012, 01:28 PM
An Aberdeen fan calculated that to make up the loss of Rangers away fans not being at Pittodrie, Aberdeen would need 194 more people to each of their remaining home gamesto make up the difference. I think they and all the other SPL clubs would get many, many more through the gates without Rangers.