PDA

View Full Version : NHC D-Day for SPL

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 07:26 AM
The Patient is in terminal decline. Will the custodians of our game undertake the needed reconstructive surgery...or will they just turn off the life support machine (sporting integrity) :rolleyes:

Two big matches today...one at Hampden...one at ER. These in different ways could influence what future our club has dramatically....

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2012, 07:33 AM
The Patient is in terminal decline. Will the custodians of our game undertake the needed reconstructive surgery...or will they just turn off the life support machine (sporting integrity) :rolleyes:

Two big matches today...one at Hampden...one at ER. These in different ways could influence what future our club has dramatically....

The one at Hampden is the sort the bookies have already paid out on as the the result is a certainty.

DarlingtonHibee
07-05-2012, 07:37 AM
The one at Hampden is the sort the bookies have already paid out on as the the result is a certaintly.

I don't think there is any doubt that the newco will be allowed into the SPL - don't agree with it, but it will happen.

I just hope they have the balls to put sanctions in place - ie points reductions for three seasons, and a reduction of revenues.

PaulSmith
07-05-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't think there is any doubt that the newco will be allowed into the SPL - don't agree with it, but it will happen.

I just hope they have the balls to put sanctions in place - ie points reductions for three seasons, and a reduction of revenues.

But it'll be too late as the new rangers cannot be punished if they transfer share before the season ends.
If new rangers happen a minute after the final game then they can get additional sanctions ( if voted on and agreed today)

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 07:44 AM
the clubs that think they may fall off the cliff at some point will not want sanctions that they could be next to be on the end of...the reputed £9.5 million debt Killie have is the same in terms of turn over as if Celtic had £95 million debt......

however some of the proposals only need 5 clubs to vote them through.....:greengrin

bingo70
07-05-2012, 07:47 AM
What is it exactly that's being voted for today again and what do most want to happen?

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 07:47 AM
but there is other big stuff...TV deal runs out this season....we should be making the changes (not just Gers stuff) that have been needed / wanted for ages...

such as increase in league size / proper reserve league / home grown & youth rules etc etc

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2012, 08:45 AM
just done a google images search on sporting integrity and look what come sup

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sporting+integrity&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=aIunT5baC4Gs8gOM3fzUBA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1335&bih=964

dangermouse
07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
just done a google images search on sporting integrity and look what come sup

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=sporting+integrity&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=aIunT5baC4Gs8gOM3fzUBA&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CBUQ_AUoAQ&biw=1335&bih=964

How is Bruce Forsyth in there :confused:

bighairyfaeleith
07-05-2012, 09:16 AM
How is Bruce Forsyth in there :confused:

and where is he about to stick that fist:wink:

MB62
07-05-2012, 09:35 AM
We all know what SHOULD happen, unfortunately, we all know what WILL happen.

Newco will be playing in the SPL next season with a wee slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.

Fisherrow_Hibs
07-05-2012, 09:40 AM
My take on it is that RFC should go down to SFL Div 3 (no question) why? they can't play in europe for 3 years anyway, they will lose all top players after 12th May when they can't pay 100% wages again, their squad will struggle against teams in div 3 as full of kids/donkeys without injurys suspensions, never mind ticketus, HMRC, half the clubs in europe they due money too.

Expand the SPL to 16, tell Sky where to go and get games back to 3pm Saturday, more people with return to games as minimal TV coverage (or use current Club TV systems to televise games?), if this is not achievable then the teams should resign from the SPL form new league and let Celtic/Killmarnock/St Mirren/BBC Scotland! and other west coast sympathisers come crawling to join new league under new terms. This will be a long road but good will come this in the long run. Also please note that 90% of EPL fans could not give a monkeys about SPL/SFL as think it is a joke anyway!! so tell Murdoch to stick it where the sun don't shine as most clubs I bet would get more money through bums on seats as more competitive league.

But I fear all the rimming of RFC that has gone on over the last 3 months!! makes the above a pipe dream! and to see the death of domestic football as we know it.......

Money over integrity? Integrity over MOney :aok:, Integrity over Integrity :agree:

Someone speaks sense at last...... http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thomsons-view/time-leadership-scottish-football/1392

More thoughts..... https://scotslawthoughts.wordpress.com/2012/05/07/what-is-the-spl-for-shock-news-a-business-which-wants-to-make-money/

FH

BoltonHibee
07-05-2012, 09:49 AM
If Rangers stay in the SPL, in whatever form, and get relegated next season will they be allowed to stay up and some other team has to take their place?

MrSmith
07-05-2012, 09:57 AM
If Rangers stay in the SPL, in whatever form, and get relegated next season will they be allowed to stay up and some other team has to take their place?

And I wonder how much they will pay said team to take the dive for them?

BoltonHibee
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM
And I wonder how much they will pay said team to take the dive for them?

Well, owe them at any rate. You won't get any money out of those thieving *******!

stanton53
07-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Does anyone think if the newco are allowed to remain in the Spl that there will be no relegation this season and the league will consist of more teams for next season

marinello59
07-05-2012, 10:14 AM
What is it exactly that's being voted for today again and what do most want to happen?

They are voting on the financial fair play rules as proposed at an earlier meeting. (75% loss of revenue, points deduction etc for a Newco as I recall it.) That's a pretty hefty penalty to impose in addition to their year long signing ban and could put them in danger of relegation. The problem is if Rangers are allowed to transfer their SPL membership to a newco before this season ends then they will escape that punishment. The clubs could make it a condition of being allowing trhe Newco in to the SPL that Rangers do accept the sanctions proposed but for some reason that option is not being acknowledged.

bingo70
07-05-2012, 10:16 AM
Does anyone think if the newco are allowed to remain in the Spl that there will be no relegation this season and the league will consist of more teams for next season

its not impossible but i would have thought they'd have to give more notice for a re-structure like that as it will effect the SFL as well so would need to put a proposal together and have it agreed with them before the season ends so clubs could manage there budget accordingly.

StevieC
07-05-2012, 10:17 AM

There isn't even a NewCo yet so how can it be allowed into the SPL?? :dunno:

EDIT: I meant in relation to any vote today.

marinello59
07-05-2012, 10:27 AM

EDIT: I meant in relation to any vote today.

They are not voting on that today.

Weir7
07-05-2012, 10:30 AM
They are voting on the financial fair play rules as proposed at an earlier meeting. (75% loss of revenue, points deduction etc for a Newco as I recall it.) That's a pretty hefty penalty to impose in addition to their year long signing ban and could put them in danger of relegation. The problem is if Rangers are allowed to transfer their SPL membership to a newco before this season ends then they will escape that punishment. The clubs could make it a condition of being allowing trhe Newco in to the SPL that Rangers do accept the sanctions proposed but for some reason that option is not being acknowledged.
No way would huns be in danger of relegation. They would start minus 10. With the players they have. They would finish second.

marinello59
07-05-2012, 10:33 AM
No way would huns be in danger of relegation. They would start minus 10. With the players they have. They would finish second.

Without European football they won't have the players they currently have as they won't be able to pay them.. Remember they don't have to join a Newco, they will be free to walk away.

Ritchie
07-05-2012, 10:38 AM

Rangers team, no matter what division they are in, will be completely different next season.

They cant afford to keep the likes of Davies, McGregor, Naismith........ it will be a team full of youngsters who will struggle in the SPL.

They would do well to make the top 6.

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM

EDIT: I meant in relation to any vote today.but they are voting on a process tae allow a newco straight back in tae the SPL though so when it happens they will be allowed in. That's not on IMO whether it's with punishment or not. If they are liquidated they must not be allowed straight back in tae the SPL. They can apply tae join the SFL and take their chances with the rest.

StevieC
07-05-2012, 10:44 AM
but they are voting on a process tae allow a newco straight back in tae the SPL though so when it happens they will be allowed in. That's not on IMO whether it's with punishment or not. If they are liquidated they must not be allowed straight back in tae the SPL. They can apply tae join the SFL and take their chances with the rest.

Agreed.

SPL share should be non-transferable .. end of.

marinello59
07-05-2012, 10:45 AM
but they are voting on a process tae allow a newco straight back in tae the SPL though so when it happens they will be allowed in. That's not on IMO whether it's with punishment or not. If they are liquidated they must not be allowed straight back in tae the SPL. They can apply tae join the SFL and take their chances with the rest.

I ain't so sure that's the case. They are voting on what sanctions should apply IF a Newco is allowed back in to the SPl.

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 10:51 AM
I ain't so sure that's the case. They are voting on what sanctions should apply IF a Newco is allowed back in to the SPl.The fact that they're even discussing sanctions against a newco says enough about where certain people are trying tae direct things, there should be nae need for that discussion because a newco shouldnae be getting admitted.

In the words of a certain poster END OF

Tell me, do you think we'd even be having discussions about newcos and the punishment thereof if it wisnae one of the OF going doon the ****ter? I think you and I both ken the answer tae that, would we ****, they be left tae go doon the ****ter.

This is nothing mair than an attempt by the OF stooges at the SPL and the greedy, self-interested, myopic, mealy mouthed, craven chairmen of certain clubs trying tae shanghai a newco huns in tae the SPL.

Sylar
07-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Adjourned again until the 30th of May.

What a ****ing joke.

jgl07
07-05-2012, 02:27 PM

But what if their best players walked as Frase Wishart said they can. With a transfer embargo in place, they would have to play the youth team.

Rangers, go to Division Three, you know it makes sense!

Frogga
07-05-2012, 02:43 PM
The lot of them are heartless!! All this infighting and delaying and lack of decisiveness is killing our league and making it a laughing stock in the process. Someone needs to grow a pair of balls and make a decision which suits the league and its fans, without worrying about their own personal interests all the time. If they continue this then the league will die and hence their personal interests will go with it.

Hibs Class
07-05-2012, 03:07 PM
More and more farcical by the day. And each non-decision will probably help a few more fans from all clubs decide they've had enough of it all.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
More and more farcical by the day. And each non-decision will probably help a few more fans from all clubs decide they've had enough of it all.

Don't know if I agree.

By 30th May, we will probably know if the Miller plan is going ahead, or if the club is going to be liquidated. Remember that the SPL do already have the power to stop a licence being transferred to a Newco, regardless of the proposed new sanctions.

So, if the Huns are in liquidation by then... and that's where my money is.... the other clubs will be much clearer on their options.

Dashing Bob S
07-05-2012, 03:15 PM
Sad to say that the only practices that are in any way proactive in Scottish football have been the promotion of sectarianism, and mass taxation fraud. If you're not in either of those two games, it seems that the rule is you simply do nothing.

Col2
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Don't know if I agree.

By 30th May, we will probably know if the Miller plan is going ahead, or if the club is going to be liquidated. Remember that the SPL do already have the power to stop a licence being transferred to a Newco, regardless of the proposed new sanctions.

So, if the Huns are in liquidation by then... and that's where my money is.... the other clubs will be much clearer on their options.

My reading of it as well. If they had voted today against newco coming into SPL them easy get out for Miller bid, he walks away and RFC and media blame SPL on a scale 10 times what the SFA judicial panel got a week or so ago. So ball is in Bill Miller court - do the deal he says he can and then by 30th we all know if he has achieved this or if RFC are liquidated AND double contracts outcome (either way known). Motion is to widen SPL decision to all clubs and not just board so that true view given (they need 21 days notice to do this - hence 30th)

It may on face value look indecisive but realistically this was an OK result. RFC and specifical Miller need to show how serious they are. I think he will walk away when it becomes too difficult.

CropleyWasGod
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
My reading of it as well. If they had voted today against newco coming into SPL them easy get out for Miller bid, he walks away and RFC and media blame SPL on a scale 10 times what the SFA judicial panel got a week or so ago. So ball is in Bill Miller court - do the deal he says he can and then by 30th we all know if he has achieved this or if RFC are liquidated AND double contracts outcome (either way known). Motion is to widen SPL decision to all clubs and not just board so that true view given (they need 21 days notice to do this - hence 30th)

It may on face value look indecisive but realistically this was an OK result. RFC and specifical Miller need to show how serious they are. I think he will walk away when it becomes too difficult.

There is also the brinkmanship aspect.

If the SPL do re-admit RFC, it could be on the other clubs' terms..... changed voting structure, fairer TV money distribution etc.... a price that RFC might be prepared to pay at the last minute.

edinburghhibee
07-05-2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe missed something but does this not mean that if the SPL clubs do decide to grow a backbone and vote for sanctions on the 30th, Rangers Newco cannot be punished if the licence is transferred before the end of the season???

Therefore if BM gets his finger out and swaps the licence tomorrow (I realise thats unlikely) they would be in the SPL with NO sanctions what so ever?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

down-the-slope
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
D-Day posponed then .....

Probably a good thing...hasty desicions are less likely to be good ones.....

When do teams change league? (thinking when relegated team are no longer an SPL one?) in terms of voting.

Sounds good that the 21 day process top get all clubs able to vote on any NewCo has been enacted (rather than the board 2 of whom will not get to vote now)

Lets hope that during this period any / all of the following happen - Big Tax case judgement happens / Buffalo Bill does a runner / Double contracts are proved / melt down in players wages as they return to full dosh leading to contract breaches / Admins admit defeat and press liquidator button :greengrin (lack of ST income normal at this time of year must be a disaster) / CW makes it clear he is going nowhere unless he gets a huge wedge........etc