PDA

View Full Version : Similar scenes at Hampden?

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 06:34 AM
I have always likened hibs hearts rivalry as similar to the sheffield rivalry, when explaining to our english cousins. With that in mind would we see scenes like this should we win the cup at Hampden? Or are we too civilised for that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17969741

HH81
07-05-2012, 06:38 AM
My mate was one if them on the pitch. He even said he cried on full time.

Can see few tears if Hibs win at hampden too.

ManBearPig
07-05-2012, 06:53 AM
yeah I saw tears at 2007 in 2012 it could be ten times that!

mickki40
07-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Personally, I couldn't see a problem with a pitch invason if we won. It's just a massive elated support en masse showing appreciation to a team who have delivered. The intention duringSheffield Wednesdays invasion was all good. However you know Strathclyde Police would spend Months sifting through hours of footage and dawn Raids would ensue all in the "Public Interest" of course.

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Personally, I couldn't see a problem with a pitch invason if we won. It's just a massive elated support en masse showing appreciation to a team who have delivered. The intention duringSheffield Wednesdays invasion was all good. However you know Strathclyde Police would spend Months sifting through hours of footage and dawn Raids would ensue all in the "Public Interest" of course.

No! Stay off the pitch and allow the players to celebrate in safety, that way everyone gets to see the celebrations and the day is not marred by idiots.

Steve-O
07-05-2012, 07:51 AM

The bad loser yams would be on the park scrapping within minutes so probably a bad idea on this occasion.

You're right though, in England there are plenty of pitch invasions taken in the spirit intended by the authorities. In Scotland the mounted Polis are on with batons and every fan on the park is banned for life :rolleyes:

hibee
07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
There's a massive difference between celebrating on your own pitch after a league game and invading the pitch at the national stadium. Anyone doing this will ruin the celebrations for others and no doubt they will also be arrested!

Scouse Hibee
07-05-2012, 08:05 AM
There's a massive difference between celebrating on your own pitch after a league game and invading the pitch at the national stadium. Anyone doing this will ruin the celebrations for others and no doubt they will also be arrested!

:agree: Exactly, especially in a cup final against your city rivals, it would create confrontation on the pitch and ruin it for everyone.

marinello59
07-05-2012, 08:05 AM

You haven't seen the footage from the'79/80 final then? The pitch is for players.

Betty Boop
07-05-2012, 08:10 AM
You haven't seen the footage from the'79/80 final then? The pitch is for players.

1980 carnage !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE

hibsbollah
07-05-2012, 08:27 AM
1980 carnage !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE

I remember watching that live at my grandads. He was going mental about ****, animals, they need a good birching etc etc.

Saorsa
07-05-2012, 08:37 AM
I remember watching that live at my grandads. He was going mental about ****, animals, they need a good birching etc etc.But Scottish fitba needs them (and everything that goes with them) don't you know.

Keith_M
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
If there had been a pitch invasion at the 2007 final, it would have spoilt the fantastic atmosphere and mood of celebration. I much preferred the players having the pitch to themselves and the supporters celebrating from the stands.

There were pitch invasions at ER after the win at Hampden in 2007 and, farther back, when we got promoted at Firhill in 1989. On both occasions the majority did not have the chance to celebrate because of a minority that ran onto the pitch and then wouldn't get off, despite the announcements that the players wouldn't come back out until they shifted from the pitch.

Now, take that and add in the possibility of opposing fans coming onto the pitch for a fight and we have a recipe for chaos.

Viva_Palmeiras
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM

LOthian and Borders finest decided IMHO to turn the lights off on the 2007 party at ER. Mainly just overexcited/ daft Laddies and lasses over reaction on cops
Wanting to go home early. Bit of a disgrace really and a shame as it spelled the end of spontaneous celebrations at ER.
Strathclyde would likely get the horses on if any pitch invasions were attempted.

NAE NOOKIE
07-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeh .... If we do beat the odds at Hampden it would be insane to invade the pitch.

Its hard enough trying to keep the bloody Yams off the pitch at a normal derby .. witness several incidents over the last few years.

There is a better than even chance that if we went onto the pitch there would be a reaction from the sizeable proportion of Yams who would just love to spoil the party by turning it into a full scale battle.

Steve-O
07-05-2012, 10:05 AM
If there had been a pitch invasion at the 2007 final, it would have spoilt the fantastic atmosphere and mood of celebration. I much preferred the players having the pitch to themselves and the supporters celebrating from the stands.

There were pitch invasions at ER after the win at Hampden in 2007 and, farther back, when we got promoted at Firhill in 1989. On both occasions the majority did not have the chance to celebrate because of a minority that ran onto the pitch and then wouldn't get off, despite the announcements that the players wouldn't come back out until they shifted from the pitch.

Now, take that and add in the possibility of opposing fans coming onto the pitch for a fight and we have a recipe for chaos.

Not true. There was an initial invasion (all in good fun) and the players DID come back out and everyone DID stay off the pitch. Final game at ER was a different story I concede...

hibee_nation
07-05-2012, 10:14 AM
If the worst happens and they win and come streaming onto the park do you honestly think we would politely exit the stadium and leave them too it, don't think so. :cb:take that

LancashireHibby
07-05-2012, 10:23 AM
What hasn't been mentioned is that SWFC's lap of honour once the crowd had been cleared was then cut short before they'd even reached the uberfans in the Kop because of numpties invading the pitch again.

Leave the pitch for the players and let everyone enjoy the celebrations.

essexhibee
07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
Stay in the stands. Then the best rendition can go ahead of SOL. To invade the pitch would mean certain fans goading the jambos and it would be carnage. Would definetly spoil the celebrations.

The problem with football is that it turns normal level headed people into thugs and the amount of anger that would be flowing about for the losing team will be sufficient enough to start a brawl.

DH1875
07-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Your off your head if your even thinking about doing that at Hampden. Would turn into a full scale riot and the Yams would be on the pitch within minutes. Same would apply if it was the other way round.
As for the Sheffield derby. NO DANGER they'd have got away with that if they were playing Utd.